Homophobic graffiti man jailed in east London

1. The sooner we get scum like this to realise that homophobia is unacceptable the better. Fantastic to hear a court using its powers to imprison ignorant scum.

2. Good news, just a shame the sentence was not longer!

3. “When told the allegation against him of a public order offence of using threatening or abusive words or behaviour between 11-14 February, Hasnath reportedly said: “But I just put up stickers, I didn’t harass or swear at anybody or anything.””
    Why do I get the feeling some residents of Tower Hamlets are testing just how far they can push the intolerance envelope?
    This notion of “how homophically hostile can I be before they put me behind bars?”
    It’s similar to that recent case of the pampleteers who were sentenced for sticking leaflets through doors saying gay people should be hanged, and their defence was that they asked a policeman if it would be OK first.
    Can’t they see how transparent they are?
    It’s a shame that the stickers didn’t result in a custodial sentance.

1. Vauxhall-Boy 13 Feb 2012, 11:15am

Sounds like it. What is needed is something to demonstrate the planning and organisation behind it and deal with the group and leaders for fomenting hatred.

4. Not the most powerful of sentences. But I would like to invite the man in question to enjoy his brand new criminal record – this will now affect his credit, his ability to visit other countries, his ability to pass background checks now needed for many jobs. Congratulations, dimwit, you’ve just ruined your life. And I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

1. And now imprisoned , he can enjoy being radicalised even further from extremist muslim gangs throughout uk prison system.

1. Richard Willis 13 Feb 2012, 6:04pm

So would you rather he had not been imprisoned?

1. Of course not, he should get a heftier sentence, but there needs to be some urgency in combatting the radical conversion rate to extremist islam in uk prisons

2. Spanner1960 14 Feb 2012, 11:28pm

I would. Why should the taxpayer pay for his board and lodgings in Hotel Pentonville? 12 lashes of the birch and a £5000 fine ought to do it.

2. Sister Niedermeyer 13 Feb 2012, 7:24pm

As an alternative to being radicalised, he could enjoy the company of other larger straight men who abuse smaller straight men while in jail. Maybe he’ll learn what its like to be frightened.

1. Yea right , this is the uk ,its not OZ in your rape fantasies,

1. DJ Sheepiesheep 13 Feb 2012, 11:41pm

I think you’ll find it is…..or his at least ;-0

2. Spanner1960 14 Feb 2012, 11:29pm

You assume that gay men would be interested in a squirt like that.
          Please, afford us a little taste.

5. Silly me…but what I really don’t get is those people who have experienced racist and religious abuse…who go out and hate against others. I guess this sums up my feeling on it all:
    “Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
    – Martin Luther King Jr.

1. Cause reacting to massive and ideologically based hatred with flower power will make the haters repent and become secular liberals, won’t it? Ignoring the elephant in the room is what the Jews did in the 1920’s if I remember…

2. Rachel Haytread 13 Feb 2012, 2:28pm

Whilst I appreciate your sentiment I can assure you, from personal experience, that if you experience harassment and violence day after day, year after year from muslims aided and abetted by the police, local authority and housing provider whose personnel are overwhelmingly non-white and whom one asks for help and gets more homophobic and anti-white abuse in return – well it can change a person from being a lifelong committed anti-racist. Not that this is any reasonable excuse for hating but the need for self preservation insidiously starts to develop and one day you wake up and find you’ve turned into someone whom you ordinarily would despise. Your quotation from Rev. King is laudable and one with which I agree but I am only human.

1. here.we go. I don’t think asians like black people either

2. I don’t understand how someone who believes they are the victim of racism could possibly turn to racism as a solution.

It seems to me that scenario should galvanise your “lifelong committed anti-racist” beliefs.

Fight the racism not the race of it’s perpetrators.

That being said anti-white racism needs to be taken more seriously instead of (as in some cases it seems to be) being ignored and denied.

1. Well, people grow desperate when teir personal wellbeing are sacrificied for the sake of “community relations”. As gays are a static and fairly limited number of people, try to take a wild guess on wo is going to lose out unless authorities get tough with Muslim thugs (regardless of their race).

6. Locus Solus 13 Feb 2012, 11:10am

Mashudur Rahman, Ihjaz Ali, Kabir Ahmed, Razwan Javed… WTF is going on inside Muslim schools and mosques in this country, and how do we say F off with your crazy anti-gay ideology balls?

1. Rachel Haytread 13 Feb 2012, 2:07pm

I must say that you really do have courage to spare to make this point. I am surprised that the usual contributors to this space have not vilified you en masse for daring to write this.

1. Locus Solus 13 Feb 2012, 2:21pm

Always nice to meet a fan! :D
        xo

2. Oh the usual fascist apologetic , phoney left wing brigade, stu and alias were exposed as manipulating/monopolising the threads via their various multiple personalities, so hopefully now , we will start to see a true reflection of what the majority of pink news readers believe.

1. @rapture

I always find discussion boards work better if they reflect more than one point of view.

Some people who are insecure in their own views may feel threatened by others who have a diffeing opinion

1. I would agree with you Leona, good debate should not be stifled as “rapture” suggests. (interesting that “rapture’s” posts are very similar in style &wording to another commentator who has hogged the comment threads with a very strange world view).

It is right that these individuals were jailed for thier homophobic views. Homophobia comes from many quarters and should be acted on accordingly – no one should have to put up with any sort of abuse!

2. yes i agree, i was only adding the fact that these boards had been monopolised by certain individuals, who continue to go incognito on these boards, with their own agenda.

7. should have tatooed his “art” onto his forehead so he’d have a lasting reminder.

1. He’d probably wear it like a badge of honour

1. Paddyswurds 13 Feb 2012, 1:06pm

Sticks, stones and words come to mind as regards the above two posts. How would doing them physical harm advance our argument exactly…?

1. I don’t know how you inferred that I was advocating physical harm to this man. I was pointing out that if you did happen to tattoo his forehead with his graffiti it probably only make him a celebrated martyr in his own eyes and possibly the eyes of others who agree with him.

Interesting you advocate not harming people when on another thread you joke about Jews and the final solution and sending a woman to Iran because you don’t like her…

2. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 5:36pm

Well had this level of crime happened in the Middle East, they would have thrashed him. I see no problem in administering a little corporal punishment; it would probably teach them a better lesson than being indoctrinated even further in some prison cell.

8. I was told bya mullin mann that we are all muslim but some people don’t know it. I was also insulted by a muslim man when I bought s joint of pork in tesco. no live and let.live in the koran

1. Something similar happened my friend actually , some muslims in reference to his emo image/dress style said “allah not like”. The way its going in parts of london, we’ll have to grow beards or cover up.

1. There is such a sneering arrogance from most of them. I don’t get why they don’t mind their own business. Oh yeah that’s right allah speaks ti the morons

9. David Skinner 13 Feb 2012, 11:45am

Glad you noticed James: “no live and let live in the Koran.” And neither is there in a Pink dominated world. By imprisoning Muslims for homophobic hatred, Stonewall have created the perfect tool for radicalising Muslims and creating martyrs, Own goal!! From which part of the world will be seeking asylum, when in 10, twenty or thirty years Muslims will have outbred and outvoted us.? Or maybe you would like to hasten the day with even more Stonewellian legislation.

1. Locus Solus 13 Feb 2012, 11:52am

let’s start the breeding =D
      Bi Pride! *\o/*
      ;)

2. You make my skin crawl.

3. So by your rationale we should let christian fundamentalists take a free pop at us whenever they like with zero resistance to prevent islamic extremists doing a more thorough job of it, because the Christian theocrats are the thin blue line preventing an islamic theocracy being established in the UK?
      That seems to be a reccuring theme with you David. Thankyou but I’ll pass.

4. “And neither is there in a Pink dominated world”

And yet you keep losing court cases, and have to resort to bigoted remarks on a gay site….. poor Skinner, all angry and the only response he gets is laughter.

1. I would take death before passive, cowardly dishonour any day.

5. “By imprisoning Muslims for homophobic hatred, Stonewall have created the perfect tool for radicalising Muslims ”

And here I was thinking it was the judge who passed sentence. But I forgot – David probably reads the Christian Right propaganda and swallows their lies and misinformation and no doubt believe LGBT people are everywhere practising brain control and using our super-powers to destroy the world blah blah.

Get over your gay boss, David! You’re wasting your life pursuing a spiteful, pointless vendetta against nurses, lawyers, doctors, rubbish collectors, teachers, bus drivers….. because gay people are all of those.

Your obsession is telling. Is it pure hate of your old gay boss – or self-hate fuelled by your own unimportance and your own insecurities?

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 13 Feb 2012, 2:41pm

I’m off to trigger a tsunami with my gay agenda.:-)

1. Remember to cackle evilly, Dr G :D

1. lol… :)

2. LOL @ Iris!

6. Rachel Haytread 13 Feb 2012, 2:37pm

You are such a silly-billy! I do appreciate your ‘act’ and hope you will consider a career in stand-up comedy. You crack me up! Please don’t tell me you’re serious.

7. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 14 Feb 2012, 12:19pm

A christian racist bigot, who-da-funk!? Not I, I know them to be racist. An apocryphal revelation from a christian racist bigot, who-da-funk!? Not I, I know them to be stupid!

10. Well done LBTH, HT and East End Homes great result but also well done Thames Magistrates Court for handing down a custodial sentence, sending out the right message. Tower Hamlets is “No Place For Hate”

11. No, it gets better Keith. We’re going to make sure of that-

1. Or you, it seems. Still foaming at the mouth and getting no where/? Its so f-ing funny!!!!

Have another drink, there’s a good dog….

2. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 14 Feb 2012, 12:39pm

Elvis! I’m gay ev’ry morning, at night I’m still the same. Do you remember that wonderful time you held my hand and swore that you’ll be mine? In front of preacher you said “I do” I couldn’t say a word for thinking of you. All I could do was stand there paralyzed. Sing… Paralyzed!

So pray, where is the morality you tell of that has been diminished so, the badly-punctuated Keef? I think you live in another country, my little womble of the apocalypse! Morality is everywhere in the UK, on every street and in every person… and glory of all glories, it was made so by laws of common man and not by a supposed supreme being of the insignificant demeanour.

1. That is a cracy brain you have there man. No one mentioned supporting Uganda other that you. Craziness and supporting Uganda do go together!

12. He was racist too? Tells me that is someone who is deeply uncomfortable with themselves.

Its about time these nutcases were educated that homophobia is unacceptable.

13. Just read this about muslims is walthamstow wanting shafia law. They should be run out of town. But not hgt the edl

1. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 5:43pm

Until recently I lived in Walthamstow for over five years.
      I’m glad I got the hell out. Many people would accuse me of racism by my comments, but when you live in a place like that, you really do feel like a foreigner in your own country, and others are unaware of how totally depressing and oppressive the whole atmosphere is there when you are not one of them. It is bad enough for the average indigenous Brit, but being gay makes the whole experience really scary.

1. Actually , you were the one who suffered racism for being a white Brit in areas like that. The rampant homophobia goes without saying.

14. Sister Goodlove 13 Feb 2012, 3:30pm

Islam and civilisation are incompatible.

No more mosques.

No more faith schools.

Sharia courts banned.

One year’s dole in advance to leave the country.

Instant expulsion for crimes like this.

1. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 5:44pm

Why should we pay for them to leave?
      That is simply an admission of our own guilt.

1. Sister Goodlove 13 Feb 2012, 6:43pm

We have no guilt. One family, one year. Rather than one family continuing to breed for many years. It’s a bargain. They can buy a palace in Pakistan for that. Including toilet and running water.

1. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 11:08pm

That’s not the point. Half these people shouldn’t be here in the first place.
          I see no reason to have to bribe people. Our problem is we are all so tied up with these so-called namby-pamby human rights rulings that these people will come here simply to get the money and leave again.

The taxpayer is already having to shell out ten grand a week to protect the likes of scumbags like Abu Qatada from repercussions because Europe dictates we cannot send him packing. It’s obscene!

1. yea… I just read about Qatada.

Appears the UK is determined to send him back to Jordan where he is accountable for terrorist activities.

I thought a terrorist lost his human right to asylum. How do these situations happen?

2. Spanner1960 14 Feb 2012, 11:25pm

@Jonpol: Easy: Labour sold our souls to the EU, along with our rights, our finances, our controls and our laws. The sooner we get the hell out the better before the entire edifice comes crashing down on us.

15. seems a proper sentence to me – so congratulations to the local neighbourhood police and the CPS.
    How about we as the gay community hold back on the vilification and just let the system work. For me a longer sentence would be too much and may produce a “martyr”

16. Dr Robin Guthrie 13 Feb 2012, 5:05pm

I see the Christian Institutes B&B Fall guys are at it again.

“Christian hotel owners consider appeal over double bed ruling”

1. You would think this stupid pair of religious goons would realize that they are merely puppets at the end of the christian institutes strings.

Fools.

17. You should kill yourself

18. Jesus. It gets drunker by the second.

What are you doing. Mashing the keyboard with your kn0b.

Incoherent ramblings of a drunk.

19. GingerlyColors 13 Feb 2012, 6:31pm

How would he liked it if the BNP daubed racist graffiti over his home. These Islamic fanatics are nothing more than the mirror image of the BNP neither of them are friends of ours. It is about time that the silent majority in this country were allowed to debate things like race relations and immigration without being branded racists and fascists. No doubt someone will scream ‘fascist’ if I suggested that he received a longer sentence.

20. David Skinner 13 Feb 2012, 9:14pm

Little fish are eaten by big fish and big fish are eaten by even bigger fish. Gays are pawns in the hands of cultural Marxist whose intent is to destabilise the West; but Marixists are pawns in the hands of Islamicists whose intent is to completely dominate the West within our life time. Gays think that are control of their destiny, little realising that once they have served the purpose of both Marxists and Islamicists they will be disposed of. It happened in Russia and Germany and it will more than likely happen again.

1. For once, I agree.

2. “Gays think that are control of their destiny, little realising that once they have served the purpose of both Marxists and Islamicists they will be disposed of”

Great. Beats having to listen to you, you schizophrenic basket case.

3. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 14 Feb 2012, 1:06pm

Yawn. Twaddle.

What do you smoke/your medication needs revision?! I hate the fact that you presume that gays are one homogenous group like you pseudo-jews are… Perhaps the materialism of your religions should be disposed of.

4. so you support uncontrolled Capitalism then…

21. Oh, look, Keithie’s been at the drink again! LOL! It reads like a 5 year old….!