Street preacher cleared of anti-gay verbal abuse charge

1. Guilty or not, the majority of the British people prefer gay people to religious nut jobs!

2. Vauxhall-Boy 10 Feb 2012, 3:48pm

At least we got the hat trick of the prison sentences in Derby, the Cornwall B&B appeal and the decision on prayers in council …

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:25pm

What does the last one have to do with gay rights?

1. Vauxhall-Boy 10 Feb 2012, 4:34pm

@Father Ted

The last one is less to do with gay rights, and more to preventing religious interference in public life

2. Craig Denney 10 Feb 2012, 4:36pm

I was prevented from standing for my Parish Council because I’m gay. We need a separation of religion and politics.

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 5:18pm

You should mention, for foreigners, that the Parish Council is to do with local government, and not the church.

1. Not just foreigners … many Brits presume Parish council is church related …

2. GingerlyColors 12 Feb 2012, 8:45pm

That is blatent discrimination and you should take your Parish Council to court over this. Gays have successfully stood for Parliament and local councils so why shouldn’t you be able to represent your community?

3. Then we are free to stand outside churches (on the pubic pavement) and cat call every one there? Nice. I’ll make some popcorn. After all – it makes a lot more sense to verbally abuse idiots who believe in stories about talking donkeys and women turned to salt and all that other supernatural garbage.

1. Katherine Griffiths 10 Feb 2012, 4:02pm

You are worse than the religious bigots. Your comments put all Christians in the same boat and that is bigoted in its self. I’m a transwoman, lesbian and Christian.

1. Locus Solus 10 Feb 2012, 4:07pm

“I’m a transwoman, lesbian and Christian”
        Thassalottabadges

2. Do you understand the concept of precedent? I do think that religion is a load of supernatural hocus pocus but I wouldn’t shout at them in the street – but the finding in this case appears to grant me permission to do so if I want. To extend the concept, there is an argument that there are parts of the bible that excuse racism – this ruling open the opportunity for racists to harass others by reading those bit out. It’s a bad precedent, it’s a bad ruling. Do you follow now?

1. de Villiers 12 Feb 2012, 10:32am

As I understand the English system, thisis not a precedent because the decision comes from the lowest court – the magistrates court. Another court cannot rely on it. We also do not yet know the basis in which this case was decided.

1. @de Villiers

Its not common but a lower court (especially if it is a Crown court) can be used as precedent. This is especially true if the area of law has only been tested in the lower court.

2. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:27pm

Maybe just read out all the appalling parts of the Bible, like tell people they must kill disobedient children,

1. Interesting plan – could work very well.

2. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 5:19pm

Maybe we could get Stephen Fry.

4. This is really dif. for me. I’m gay and a sincere believer a member of the Episcopal Church. And when I hear people of faith say these things it takes me a step further away from belief. It’s very disheartening.

1. That man is not an Episcopoalen. In the US the Episcopal Chuch not only supports same-sex marriage, they actully wrote briefs asking that Proposition 8 be declared unconstitutional in California. The Episcopal Church (joined by Persbyterians and the United Church of Christ and others) said that their religious liberties were being infringed by a law that prevented them from solmenizing same-sex marriages. I cried when I read those legal briefs. Episcopaleans are Heaven-sent!

5. Erika Cart-Horse QC 10 Feb 2012, 4:00pm

Was the barrister Paul Diamond? If so I am amazed he won after the way his perfornance has been criticised by judges.

This result is a green light to preachers who want to single out members of the public for approbation and embarrassment. So now they can shout out at a Muslim or Jewish family walking by that they are going to hell. Or do they only do it to gay couples walking by?

6. “Christians like me are being harrassed” says man who harrassed gay people on street. This is becoming a theme…

1. “Christianity is becoming marginalised”… so said one hotel owning woman.

Oh dear… and what of the LGBT community that is persecuted in the same way?

Dear me, get with it… the period of the Believers and Followers of the Invisible Sky Lurker is finished… over… old hat. It’s the 21st Century!!! MOVE INTO IT!

7. This is shocking. He should have been found guilty and punished for what he did!

1. Katherine Griffiths 10 Feb 2012, 4:03pm

obviously there wasn’t the evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt in the eyes of the jury

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:33pm

This was the magistrates court, which deals minor offences, there is no jury. Magistrates are either one professional judge, or 3 laypeople of standing in the local community. Traditionally, lay magistrates have not been very gay friendly, particularly in conservative areas of the country. Things may have changed though.

1. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 10 Feb 2012, 6:30pm

Erm, given the outcome of predictably siding with the special privileges of religion – no, things haven’t changed! But thanks for the spin!

8. 3 – 1

9. Locus Solus 10 Feb 2012, 4:05pm

“Christians like me are being harassed”
    Uhhh, WTF is your street preaching doing to everyone passing by?
    I hate these bloody nut jobs!

1. GREAT logo… The laughing man lives.

1. Locus Solus 11 Feb 2012, 6:38pm

Always nice to meet a fan of my work ;)

2. You’re being harassed as a Christian? Well, now you know what its like Mr Overd.

Not everyone wants to listen to your diatribes. No everyone follows the Invisible Sky Lurker.

If you don’t like it Mr Overd… Shut up and stop quoting stuff that is bound to cause friction!

3. friday jones 11 Feb 2012, 12:45am

Someone in his town should stand next to this guy with a big arrow-shaped sign that says “This Is an Evil Man Who Is Going to Hell Some Day” and point it at him for as long as he stands there preaching. In very tiny print, at the bottom of the sign, justify it with one of the phrases from the New Testament that details how Jesus said the Priests of the Temple weren’t getting into His Father’s house. If he complains to the authorities, point out that you were just quoting the Bible and he’s violating your freedom of religious speech.

10. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 4:07pm

Come on guys, think about it!

If Christians lose their right of free speech to repeat what the word of God says regarding sin, then you also lose your right of free speech ….Think about it….Do you seriously want to live in a country that limits what you can say and think ??

Come on guys think about it!

1. I was hateful and some less well equpped for hatred LGBT people have killed themselves because of vile hateful bullying like this. Hate speech is NOT free speech.
      Would it be OK to say all Jews should have been exterminated – no of course not.
      Dale – Think about it.

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 4:35pm

Comparing the Jews and homosexuals is a poor comparison, homosexuals are in every race of people, blacks, whites , yellow, there is no homosexual race, they do not have their own country, if they did they would soon die out, for obvious reasons.

Repent and believe the Gospel before it is too late, your life is a vapour, then judgement day, and Jesus Christ said “What shall it profit anyone who gains the whole world and lose his soul in hell?” and “what will you give in excahnge for your soul?”….a brief time of pleasure ??

Forever is a long time…..Think about it!

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:47pm

I would rather have a lifetime in the loving relationship I have, than an eternity with you.

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 4:55pm

My heart breaks for you…Jesus Christ suffered the agonies of the cross so that people like you do not have to spend an eternity in hell paying for your rebelion against a holy God.

The wages of sin is death …But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

No-one has to spend an eternity in hell….but those who love their sin more than Jesus Christ will have to.

2. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 5:03pm

I feel sorry for you too, as you know nothing about love. And Jesus suffered the agonies of the cross because he was put there by bigoted religious literalists like you.

3. “Jesus Christ suffered the agonies of the cross”

And in turn we have to suffer the retardation of the likes of you.

I do not want to go to heaven, its full of muppets like you. So f-k off.

2. a sin against the God who gave you breath

What if you don’t believe in that god?

Think about it.

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 4:56pm

2. Reed Braden 10 Feb 2012, 5:14pm

“If I don’t beleive trucks exist and stand in the middle of the motorway…..that will not stop me being run over by a truck…..Think about it!”

I’m thinking about it… and it’s still very very very dumb.

3. “Dale”, stand in the middle of the motorway, and pray for God to reveal himself to you and us by protecting you from getting run over.

No? Thought not. Think about it.

4. @Dale

Regardless of how much you “think” about it – it is always going to be easier to prove or disprove something tangible that you can touch, see and feel (whether its a 30tonne truck knocking you over as you stand in the middle of the motorway or not!).
            Your religious freedom does not entitle you to harass or intimidate others, who are entitled to freedom from religion.

3. Stick your “Good News” up your…….

4. Reed Braden 10 Feb 2012, 5:19pm

You keep saying “Think about it!” I don’t think you’ve ever had a single original thought in your life. I’m glad that you really like your old book, but I don’t. I think it’s poorly written, hateful, and patently ridiculous. The plot is silly and disjointed, the characters are morally ambiguous, and the protagonist is downright evil. This book you keep talking about is literary diarrhea and I don’t want you shoving the vilest parts of that vile garbage down my throat while I’m out with my boyfriend in public.

1. Well said, Reed – it’s ironic that the one bleating “Think about it” seems scarcely capable of independent thought.

5. Jesus is a myth, never existed, just a story and not even a very interesting one at that. So, keep your nonsense to yourself, keep your nose out of other people’s business, and stop trying to impose your madness on other people, think about it, if you have a brain capable of independent thought that is.

6. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 10 Feb 2012, 6:20pm

Dale, just thought about it! Where is your evidence that your “god” gave me breath?

Also didn’t the mythical Yeshua not die for my sins so I can do pretty much as I damn well please (and am, so FuQ)!

Please wipe the bibble-drool from your brain and realise that 2 millennia ago these stupid people thought their was a sun god to beat every other sun god…

A brief time of pleasure?! Oh, please! Baby, if you’re good to me I can go ALL night!!

The Pauline Heresy is weak in this one, though. Must be a ‘born-again’!

7. Katherine Griffiths 10 Feb 2012, 8:47pm

@ Dale homosexuality as word is not in the Bible. As far as i am aware homosexualaity is hinted at once in the Old Testament and that verse is open to interpretation. That verse is from Leviticus Chapter 18 verse 22 (this from my King James) ‘Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination’. If we take that verse literally (as some Christians do) it means that ALL sexual acts involving a man is against the Bible and the only sex allowed is lesbian sex. So answer that one please!!! The Bible is not a history book it is a collection of stories written sometime after the events described happened. It is a guide to how we should live our lives. It is not law.

I am a lesbian transwoman who happens to be a respected member of my local church. Until recently I was a sidesperson and sometimes supply music for the services.

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 10:49pm

“As far as i am aware homosexualaity is hinted at once in the Old Testament and that verse is open to interpretation.”

Katherine it is clear from many places throughout the word of God that homosexuality is a sin, plese read 1Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9 where the greek word arsenkoites is used, meaning homosexual. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexual sex. Think about that!

You also need to read this:
            Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
            Rom 1:27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error

You must be born again Katherine John 3:3
            Jesus never lied. You have a sinful heart and unless you repent you will perish!

2. “It is a guide to how we should live our lives. It is not law.”

The incest, the offering of our daughters for rape, or the slavery? Which is better do you think is a way I should live my life Dale?

Dale, why not go prove your truck hypothesis. Its an immoral waste of natural resources to keep buffoons like you alive.

8. friday jones 11 Feb 2012, 12:47am

Hmmm, eternity trapped together with religious lunatics and an all-powerful being that likes to use torture and extortion in order to demand our “worship?” Too kinky for my tastes, I’ll take sweet oblivion over that hellish scenario any day.

9. friday jones 11 Feb 2012, 12:49am

And I thought Tauntaun smelt bad on the OUTSIDE.

10. “Pointing out that homosexuality is a sin against the God who gave you breath and He will forgive you and change you, setting you free from that sin, if you will repent and trust in Jesus Christ is not hatred, that is good news , you can know the truth and be set free!”

WFT? Now there’s a trip down the rabbit hole….. Dale, you need medication.

2. There is no “free speech” in the UK. That’s an American thing. You have
      freedom of expression but there are many limitations.

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:24pm

There are limits in America, and everywhere else too. Try yelling “fire” in a crowded theatre without justification, and you will face charges even in America.

1. But in America you can wave a sign saying “death to fags” but you can’t do that in the UK.

Freedom of speech is overrated, until we can get the idiots to shut up.

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:42pm

I’m glad we live somewhere that is civilised enough to stop people doing that, but when drawing the line you have to make sure you don’t go to far.

Though apparently in Taunton you can say “death to fags” to gays in the street if you are reading it from a holy book. I also find it strange that this preacher’s bible has the word “homosexual” in it ( from another report). Must be one of those newer American evangelical “translations”.

2. We should move gay pride to Taunton this year.

2. Spanner1960 10 Feb 2012, 6:25pm

“There is no “free speech” in the UK. That’s an American thing.”
        Huh!!? Get your head out of your arse mate.
        The US are even more subjugated than we are.

3. You know, I get SO sick of gay ‘do-gooders’ like Tatchell and some of the commenters on here – HATE speech MIGHT be ‘free speech’ but it is still HATE speech and that is abhorrent! NO ONE should have to endure this kind of diatribe in the street because not to do so is infringing someone else’s free speech! If he had been reading from a white supremacist publication and substituted the word ‘black’ for ‘gay’ then it would be seen SO differently! STOP turning the other cheek (to quote from the bible) and fight to stop this kind of abuse! And stop allowing people to abuse you because it’s hip and cool to be Tatchell-like PC!

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 7:54pm

” If he had been reading from a white supremacist publication and substituted the word ‘black’ for ‘gay’ then it would be seen SO differently!”

Poor analogy really if you take a few moments to think about what you wrote, notice one major distinction:

Black people are a race.

Homosexuals are not since they belong to many different races, black, white yellow etc.

1. People are born black, white, asian, mixed race etc

People are born gay, straight, asexual or bi

People are born male or female

As these are all factors that we are born with then prejudice and discrimination with regards them is equally wrong.

Religion is a choice.

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 10:56pm

You have been listening too much to lady Gaga.

We are all born sinners ….therefore we will all manifest different kinds of sin …You are not helpless …you can be saved from the bondage of sin….God saved me from my love of sexual immorality and He can save you from your love of homosexual sex.

Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will set you free.

That’s good news !

2. You can be saved from being brainwashed, dale

I can recommend some good counsellors …

3. Better to listen to Lady Gaga than actually be gaga, Dale. Think about it. Oops, sorry, I forgot – you can’t, can you? Bless.

4. Helen Wilson 11 Feb 2012, 5:22am

Christians are absolutely free to say what they want, they just have to take responsibility for the words they use. If I walked into a packed hall and shouted fire I could not claim freedom of speech when the police arrest me for my reckless action, so why should a religious person have a get out of jail free card?

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 12:39pm

Again another bad analogy ….Shouting fire in a packed hall could endanger life, people could get hurt…where as on the other hand preaching the Gospel that saves peoples lives is for the individuals good..Helen it is out of love that people warn you about living a life of sin will result in you having to suffer the wrath of God forever….Think about it !

1. Hate speech kills.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 7:38pm

And the Gospel saves !

Repent and believe the Gospel before it’s too late, the wrath of God is coming !

2. I notice Dale accepts that hate speech kills. His response started with the word “And” which indicates an acceptance of the truth in the preceding comment. So, Dale accepts that his ramblings are hate speech. Dale therefore endorses hate speech. He is the type of fundamentalist wicked evil Christian that have a perverted form of Scripture that is devoid of any humanity, love or evidence of compassion.
            You could argue dales interpretation of Scripture is demonic.

11. Let battle commence. No more pussy footing around religious nutters. No more appeasment. Let’s all get our phones out and video every instance we come across of this vile hate. I live in Lincoln and sometimes there is a religious nutter espousing hatred. Looks like my phone’s video recording is going to get some hammer :)

12. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:21pm

“Even these two dear men whom I have met before, caught in the sin of homosexuality, ”

Is that so different than pointing and yelling “fags “

1. It really depends where he met them? Perhaps a bit of mutual sinning?

1. Father Ted 10 Feb 2012, 4:44pm

It is a bit ambiguous, isn’t it.

2. Yes, it is – or, at least, there’s a difference between expressing a point of view, and abusing, victimizing, or terrorizing someone. If we don’t make that distinction, then we all live in tyrrany.

13. Craig Denney 10 Feb 2012, 4:48pm

So the ‘impartial’ reporter from the BBC came out in his street preachers Defense?

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 4:58pm

Maybe he just reported the facts for once ?

1. “Maybe he just reported the facts for once ?”

Maybe you should try that instead of histrionics on a gay site?

14. Dr Robin Guthrie 10 Feb 2012, 5:11pm

Religious trolls on this site like
    “Dale McAlpine” come here and spout their religous babblings at us, stating that they are exercising their right to “Free Speech”.

Fair Enough.

Strange though that we cannot go to the Christian sites as they do not allow comments.

Not exactly a two way street, is it.

1. Of course not, since their aim is to impose their beliefs on the whole of society, and to eliminate homosexuality.

2. Have you noticed what all or most of such religious sites do have though? A donate page. Send them money. From your credit card. Fight for the right to harass and to not serve fags.

3. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 7:45pm

Have no idea which “Christian sites” you refer to, but all of the ones I go to would welcome your input and the opportunity to educate you regarding the God who gave you life.

Repent and believe the Gospel before it is too late!

1. I love you Dale. There. Satisfied? Good. Now go convert people who give one!

2. Oh, Dale. i only believe the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. What can you say about that? i’m religious Dale, i’m religious.

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 11:13pm

Did you get your knowledge from the flying spagetti monster ??

1. “Did you get your knowledge from the flying spagetti monster ??”

Yes. A lot more useful than the nonsense your came up with.

Run along, your god needs you to eat him.

3. Helen Wilson 11 Feb 2012, 5:49am

The invisible pink unicycle riding space monkeys who are my gods and goddesses tell me being called Dale McAalpine is a sin. Repent Dale McAalpine or be cast into the cosmic black hole of damnation.

I just want you to know I love you as a person, I’m just hating the sin of being called Dale McAalpine is.

Repent and get a name change dam you!

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 12:29pm

Helen you are not God…You do not set the standard ….The standard has already been set and God has spoken….Homosexuality is a sin ….it is wrong and no matter how much you scream and stamp your feet nothing will change that….Repent and believe the Gospel…The wrath of God is coming!!

1. Ahh the psychopath of the buy-bull. Obey it because it will hurt you if you don’t. Except just obeying it isn’t enough, you have to love it too. Sick.

2. !Helen you are not God…You do not set the standard ….”

And neither are you, your deluded basket case.

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 10:24pm

Tut tut Dan, haven’t your heard that “the fool says in his heart there is no God”..??

I did not say, nor claim to set any standard, I merely pointed out that it is God, the God who made you and gave you life who sets the standard and He says homosexual conduct is a sin….Repent and trust in Jesus Christ and God will forgive you…That’s good news !

2. “Your blind hatred and prejudice against me caused you to resort to insults to win an argument.”

Yes, prejudice. That’s it. You come in here screaming like a lunatic about sinners and we are expected to accept your as some kind of prophet.

Why not repent from your basket case mission to bore us all to death with your self obsessed attention seeking nonsense and do something worthwhile with your life, you fool.

4. @Dale

As a gay Christian I can tell you that trying to hold the Christian Institute to scrutiny is impossible. Raise a query on their facebook site and you are blocked. Thats hardly honestly – its indoctrination.

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 12:35pm

Zack you are not a Christian ….calling yourself a “gay Christian” is an oxymoron ….

You must be born again …once born again you cannot live a life practicing sin …when God saves someone and they become a Christian He changes them from loving sin into someone that hates sin ….Jesus said if you love Me keep My commandments.

Repent and believe the Gospel…the wrath of God is coming !…….many on that day will cry Lord Lord, and He will say to them depart from Me you worker of iniquity.

1. Dale – if that is your real name – you sound like someone who thinks he has just invented the wheel.

Seriously, the bible cannot be the basis for belief. There is no external evidence that says the bible is God’s word.

Have you ever heard of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and that gay rights are human rights?

2. @Dale

How you judge.

You need to repent of your sins.

It is for God to judge me – and he knows me – not you.

Your prejudice which is unbiblical is telling.

I keep Jesus commandments which never mention homosexuality. I am monogamous and have never been divorced. I do not judge other people on first thought (unlike yourself).

Dale your unChristian approach to others and hate is clear in your heart. You need to get on your knees and seek repentence.

Assuming you are a Christian.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Feb 2012, 12:24pm

Exactly! It’s because their the worst bigots and hypocrites of all. Religion practically invented both and since they don’t have a comments option on their sites, further proof.

15. Reed Braden 10 Feb 2012, 5:11pm

Right. Because hate crimes in the name of religion aren’t hate crimes at all! It’s ‘religious freedom’!

Well, my religion says that all homophobic preachers are doomed to spend the rest of eternity crouched inside of a giant invisible anus, and that on Earth they should have old unwashed jock straps thrown at them. It’s my religious belief and you can’t punish me for it!

Jock straps at the ready… and… FIRE!

1. You’re a scientologist?

2. Jock straps at the ready. Depends who was wearing them first, although Reed’s might be very popular!

16. It’s Somerset, after all.

1. Good place to have gay pride, and have dozens of people reading out the parts of the Bible people pretend are not there.

17. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 10 Feb 2012, 6:04pm

Erm, so the two dear men were having sex in front of this street preacher when he said that they were “caught in the sin of homosexuality”? It is only this that is a “sin”.

Sorry, how can you not draw attention to their homosexuality when you are, in fact, calling out to everyone that they are homosexuals? …who are evil (huh, did Overd prove that they were evil or that god said gays are evil!?) and [will] ‘burn in hell’? Instances of the words ‘burn in hell’ in the bibble = zero.

Why is this case different to the muslim one?

UK law should be above the privileged rights of ALL religions and, above all, freedom of religious expression should be expunged from the law.

We should tax their holy asses (backdate it) and street preachers should need an expensive license and only quote verifiable ‘truths’ from their precious.

1. Street preaching is a dreadful noise nuisance, and should be either banned altogether, or limited to places that people can avoid if they want to. No one else gets to block the pavement and scream at people.

1. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 10 Feb 2012, 6:22pm

Oh, I’d love to shout at them, outside their churches of shelter! Doubt if I’d be allowed to!

18. I think it’s illiberal to prosecute these people. They should just be told to f**ck off. And told they believe in supernatural garbage if you can be bothered. We still have silly cultural taboos in this country against being rude to god-botherers and the weakening of such inhibitions would be a healthy corrective for them.

19. Robert in S. Kensington 10 Feb 2012, 6:50pm

How would this fare if the gay couple were walking along the street calling out the lunacy of this religious nitwit waling towards them and mocking his religion I wonder?

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 7:49pm

Actually that happens quite regularly…we are not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ because it is the power of God to save those who believe.

Repent and believe the Gospel before it is too late !

1. Repent for what exactly Dale? For how God created us?

Think about it!

1. dale mcalpine 10 Feb 2012, 10:52pm

Repent from your sin …God hates sin ….You and I sin and deserve Gods wrath …Jesus Christ said unless you repent you will perish.

You are not helpless, Jesus Christ can set you free from homosexual sex, but you must humble yourself and come to Him in total surrender, the moment you do that He will give you new desires, desires that love God more than pleasure and He will give you eternal life.

That’s good news !!

1. Homosexuality is not a sin

Homosexuality is not an illness

Dale is speaking a load of cr@p – although trying to sound nice about it

The reality is he is just repeating a load of garbage he has been told like a robot, not using any of his “god given” brain to analyse it or subject it to critical analysis otherwise he would be clearly aware of the lies he is telling.

2. Its a bit odd that Dale doesnt engage in critical thinking when he keeps spouting at others to think about it … he clearly hasnt …

3. And he’s not to happy at those who JUDGE.

Now, Go away.

2. Repent and believe the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Dale. It makes me hungry now. i love you Dale, slap my *ss and I will turn the other cheek.

3. Helen Wilson 11 Feb 2012, 5:44am

I just want you to know I love you as a person, I’m just hating the sin being called Dale McAalpine is.

Repent and get a name change dam you!

4. Mr Ripley's Asscrack 13 Feb 2012, 9:55am

Erm… there is NO gospel of yeshua – it wasn’t included as it invalidates the religion called christianity. It’s a heresy you believe in – you do know this?! Don’t religi-robots actually read about where your religion came from?! Answer: Nope! Religion is a waste of time!

2. Helen Wilson 11 Feb 2012, 5:32am

They would get locked up for insighting religious hatred and could serve upto six years for it. That’s why we don’t stand outside church services protesting those going in. Yet it seems its OK for the religious to stand on the curbside of hate at pride parades and do the same to us.

20. Religion using money to buy their way through the courts….. Never >.>

21. Why can’t god rapture all Xtians like this and “Dale McAlpine” to their planet Bobo? I think we start praying for that eh.

1. I think we should start praying for that eh.

22. What does Dale doing in a gay site anyway? i doubt you can get converts here, Dale.

i love you Dale, slap my ass and I will turn the other cheek.

1. I’m guessing it’s part of his homework, and he’s hoping for a gold star in his notebook.

His time would be better spent reading the Universal Declaration of Human Rights…. for the good of all humanity.

23. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 2:06am

There is a fine line between what is considered free speech and religious freedom and hate speech. From what I heard Michael Overd personally directed his comments at the two Craigs calling them evil. What is he talking about? What is evil about love? I can understand him calling them evil if they had just mugged an old lady or murdered a child, but calling two men because they love each other? I just couldn’t fathom it! This is not a case of religious freedom it is some manic street preacher dishing out hatred. Why did he get off scot free? If a member of the BNP handing out leaflets in the market square told a black guy to #### off back home he be straight down the cop factory for a good hiding!

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 11:15pm

GingerColours said ….”From what I heard Michael Overd personally directed his comments at the two Craigs calling them evil.”

You heard wrong and the courts proved that by declaring Mike Innocent.

1. @dale

The court heard from Michael Overd and he admitted making the comments that the complainants alleged. He claimed that by making them he was exercising his freedom of expression. The court appear to have agreed with that view and found him not guilty of the offence. The not guilty finding does not mean that he did not say the things that were alleged, it merely means there was insufficient evidence to find him guilty of criminal conduct. Overd himself admitted saying the comments.

Your understanding of this is wrong.

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 7:12pm

Bob I spoke to him over the phone …he did not make the comments he was accused of…trust me on this one
          :-)

1. So what you are saying is that either:
            a) Overd lied in court and commited perjury when admitting that the actions described were what happened
            b) Overd lied to you or
            c) You are lying about this telephone conversation

24. So if a person wants to be abusive to gay people on the street then as long as they pretend they are “christian” and that it’s actually “God” that is saying we are sinful and and that we will go to hell then it’s perfectly ok.????

What a great opt out for so called “Christians”…Does anybody know why the Magistrates found that he did not intend to cause harassment, alarm or distress?

1. Maybe he is physically and/or mentally disabled, for example, has the mental age of a ten year old.

1. Craig Denney 12 Feb 2012, 3:16pm

Dose this now mean Street Pastors can start attacking us?

25. the 21st century people are coming for religious nutters shows brainwashed some people can be with false hope they preach things they cant even prove go see your gp

1. Robert in S. Kensington 11 Feb 2012, 6:05pm

The scarier part is, we have enough of them sitting in the House of Lords and quite a few in the Tory party. Good luck with the marriage equality consultation I say. I can just hear them ranting and spewing armageddon once it starts.

26. Not sure how this guy got off, maybe his first appearance in court.

It is a bit much folk cannot walk down the street in Taunton without the risk of being denounced as a sinner. (Why does 1930s Germany spring to mind. I wonder.)

I am all for free speech, but there used to be traditional places in cities and towns, for example, speaker’s corner, were people could get up on a soapbox.

Also, I bet there are plenty redundant churches in Taunton, they could give him one all to himself to act out his fantasies.

27. help us end hate against LGBT in Africa and worldwide.Please follow us on Twitter; Endthefearnow.

Peace

28. I am so bored of religious headcases trying to throw weight around.

Another 100 years and Christianity will be a bad dream hopefully.

29. So he won’t mind if passing gays and others, preferably with megaphones, point out to the crowd in a loud voice that they are listening to a homophobic and anti-gay preacher who has misinterpreted scripture to suit his bias.

30. Scott Lovely 12 Feb 2012, 4:24pm

What is it about Somerset and Cornwall, is the place beset with fundamentalists, evangelicals, and pentecotalists?

1. GingerlyColors 12 Feb 2012, 8:49pm

I don’t think Somerset is all that bad. I was down there last year and the countryside is great, there is plenty to see and do and then there is the cider. . .
      Nearby is Bristol which provides an excellent night out.

31. Although not all religious zealots use stepladders and megaphones to ratchet up the attention-seeking like Dale McAlpine does, street preaching is textbook passive aggression. Most people are not interested in being lectured to about ‘sin’ etc so preachers will make sure you hear it whether you like it or not by turning public areas into (often shouty) personal pulpits.
    Gay people are well within our rights to stand in the high street preaching against Christianity… how often do you see us doing that Ms Williams?

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 10:15pm

Can i just correct your assertion that I am “attention-seeking” ….The truth of the matter is that I am soul seeking…That’s my motivation for standing on a step ladder shouting …I want to see you saved from the wrath of God Stuart…I care about where you will spend eternity…Finally I would like to point out that most religions believe that homosexual conduct is a sin, the Jews, Muslims, Roman Catholics, Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses…The only difference is, Christians actually do something about it and try to warn you …That is love, true sacrificial love….Because unlike all those false religions mentioned we have the truth and the truth my friend can set you free frome your slavery to sin.

1. Typical attention seeking behaviour!

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 11:07pm

Zack you are behaving like a little kid with his hands over both ears making childish noises like “lalalalala” because you do not want to hear and have to face up to what is being said….why is that ??….are you afraid of the truth maybe ??…Is your conscience convicting you of your sin maybe ??….there is a way out Zack…Jesus Christ can set you free.

Repent and believe the Gospel !

1. dale mcalpine 12 Feb 2012, 11:39pm

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
            nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

2. @dale

I already believe, matey

Thats a matter between me and God – not a matter for you to judge (which is a sin!).

Your bullying on here is the worst form of misplaced and bigoted Christianity I have seen. Couple that with your judgement of others (including whether or not they are Christians) then I would be talking to me maker, if I were in your shoes.

3. Your bullying of Zack is out of order and not something that God would smile on.

4. @Dale …”nor men who practice homosexuality…”

How is it possible that the word “homosexuality”, which was invented in the 1860′s, appears in a 2000 year old text? Makes you wonder…
            biased translation anyone?

2. Let’s be honest, shall we.

If a person claims to have been abducted by aliens and to have spent a month living in an UFO, almost everyone would approach the claims critically.

But if a person claims there was a man who walked on water, died for our sins, and flew up into the sky, almost no one would question such claims for a second.

3. “I care about where you will spend eternity…”

Yep, desperate for attention. And not surprising from one so histrionic.

You are no christian, you’re a basket case with potentially undiagnosed mental health issues.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 11:36am

Will your comments are the worst case of bullying I have ever seen, but not unusual …it seems as a society we have become less tollerant of anyone who disagrees with us.
          The word of God (who doesn’t lie) never changes no matter how much you kick and stamp your feet.

Repent and believe the Gospel and you can have eternal life…that’s good news !

1. “Will your comments are the worst case of bullying I have ever seen”

Really? So your flimsy religious conviction ant withstand a little scrutiny? What a surprise.

“stamp your feet.”

Yeah, like you’re doing here, desperate for attention and a little power are we? Can’t handled that others are smarter than you?

Repent and believe the Gospel and you can have eternal life”

No thanks, so f*** off please, I do not take spiritual advice from a prejudiced little bigot like you. You’re as pathetic as your bigoted religion. Go preach to an idiot who can agree with you, and spare us the martyrdom of your boo-hoo’s

2. The word of God never changes?

Ecclesiastes 11:9 “Walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes.”

Numbers 15:39 “Seek not after your own heart and your own eyes.”

Is this a contradiction in “God’s word” or not? There are hundreds of contradictions in the Bible.

The contradictions in “God’s word” could fill volumes, and that includes the Gospels of which there were originally more than 20, not to mention a number of Apocalypses, and it’s anybody’s guess how many contradictory versions of the Bible exist today.

Will is not a bully, he speaks the truth and he has every right to ridicule your delusional beliefs because it has been proven that homosexuality is perfectly natural, normal and harmless.

It has equally been proven that your so-called good news has caused no end of harm throughout the history of western civilisation, and that includes recently driving young gay men to suicide.

Your language is both offensive and abusive.

3. The Bible says Joshua destroyed the wall of Jericho around 1400 BCE but Archaeological evidence shows that an earthquake destroyed the wall in 2300 BCE.

The city was also thoroughly destroyed by a fire and then abandoned in 1600 BCE.

Jericho was not inhabited again until 700 BCE.

There was no wall to tumble down or citizens to destroy at Jericho within centuries of when the Bible says Joshua was there.

God lied.

4. Do good people deserve Hell?

Do you honestly think that all good people who are not Christians not only will go to Hell, but also deserve to go to Hell?

Do you honestly think that homosexuals, most of academia, and Gandhi deserve the same fate as child rapists and murders?

Almost all people who do not “accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior” do not reject him or choose not to accept him.

They simply have not found convincing evidence for his legitimacy or they have found evidence for the contrary.

Thus they do not even have the option to accept Jesus since they have not been provided convincing reasons to even believe in him.

Do they all deserve to go to Hell based on what evidence, or the lack of, was presented to them?

5. Thank you for the concern, but if it turns out that there is a God I will explain to ‘Him’ that -
        a) I have spent my life working hard and appreciating life, treating others as I would hope to be treated myself and doing a lot of things for charity.
        b) If Christianity never appealed to me, eccentrics like you turning it into a browbeating, scapegoating, ‘anti-everything’ pass-the-earplugs pantomime, were just one reason putting me off it.

32. Bob Hutton 13 Feb 2012, 9:17am

Dale McAlpine is absolutely right in the comments he has made.

Homosexuality is sinful but God is merciful to those who repent.

1. Right, except your odious bl00dy buy-bull explicitly tells people not to judge and it explicitly tells people the golden rule. How does that fit in to verbally abusing people in the street? Or is it the kind of standard cherry-picking hypocritical nonsense that characterises the whole foul religion?

2. “Homosexuality is sinful but God is merciful to those who repent.”

Excessive religious backed hate towards people you do not know, like yours, is usually a sign of a mental health issue. Hence, no one listens to lunatics like you on internet sites. I believe the correct response to you is “f-off, you moron”.

3. Mr Ripley's Asscrack 13 Feb 2012, 10:10am

Bo(o)b, unless your supposed omniscient godhead (looney tunes music playing in the background) reveals his actual self, you people are just wasting your time and energy – whilst gaining enemies who are fed up with your automatic privileges. Homosexuality isn’t sinful (as per your bibble) and was never so. You fail to realise that the revealed word of your supposed god was imagined and written by jewish people with an axe to grind!!

Get a life, or an education! Why is it that you think you ram your crap down peoples throats without reply. This ain’t the middle ages and it certainly isn’t Israel! Really, read the history of your bibble – only then will you realise what a steaming pile of cowpat it is. Loser.

1. Why are Christians so certain that the Bible is TRUTH?

1. I believe it is truthful, I just do not believe that either Bob or Dale interpret them correctly.

Their hatred is not what the Gospel says.

1. I do not “hate” anybody and I’m sure Dale doesn’t either. Telling people the truth of the Bible and urging them to repent is not “hate”.

2. Bob.

Has it ever entered your head that some of us do not want to hear “the truth” of your bible.

Please keep it to yourself.

And when will you REPENT your JUDGEMENTAL streak.

F OFF.

3. Bob

Your abuse of the Bible is bullying and evidently full of hatred (whether this is conscious or subconscious). You choose to deliver a message of hate. You choose to hurt other people. You choose to abuse Scripture.

Thats wrong.

4. “Your abuse of the Bible is bullying and evidently full of hatred ”

Thats rich coming from a bible thumper.

Its a book written 300 years after the event and holds as much truth as Harry Potter.

More fool you for being gullible enough to swallow the lie.

2. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 11:28am

Because it is true :)

Repent and Believe the Gospel before it is too late !

1. “Because it is true”

Which bits exactly? The man living in the whale, the children of Adam and Eve copulating to make the species, or god allowing Lot giving his daughter over to be raped by strangers?

What about the wearing of two clothes, is that sinful? Or the eating of shellfish? Is that an abomination?

Dale the fool…..

2. Blurring the line between reality and mythology has led to fatal outcomes.

When people credit the voices in their heads, unfiltered thoughts, to a higher power such as “God” rational judgements are removed from the picture.

4. David Myers 14 Feb 2012, 9:29am

Its never to late for you to earn redemption in the eyes of God for your sin of judging others!

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 9:37am

The idea we cannot judge at all does not come from God …Look at what He says here :
        John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

See that ??…Jesus Christ (God in flesh) said it’s ok to judge.

If you see someone beating up a child in the middle of the street would you simply walk on by and say nothing because “it is wrong to judge”??…of course not!

It is ok to judge between right and wrong especially when you have the backing of the Word of God when you say it
        :-)

1. I am not going to engage with your selective theology.

The Bible makes it perfectly clear that it is Gods place to judge, not mans.

The Bible makes it perfectly clear that you should not judge others – particularly not judge others faith.

Your abhorrent trolling is unBiblical, wrong and mentally deranged!

33. “The Lord Jesus himself spoke directly to sinners; religious speech needs protection as people do not want to hear about ‘sin’ and they try to shut down freedom of speech.”

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 11:27am

Spiritbody said…. “Jesus also said not to carry out your worship of God in public, NOT to publicly preach and to instead carry out only private, solitude prayer”

Please show me where Jesus said “NOT to publicly preach”…Because the Bible very clearly says this :

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

Thanks in anticipation of a response

1. We’ll follow your biblical advice when you follow ours:- please show me how you are living your life in accordance with biblical incest and slavery.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 1:39pm

Will the Bible does not need you to agree with it for it to be true..Think about that and turn from your love of sin towards the God who made you and gave you life.

You know the sin that will keep more people from God’s forgiveness is pride…God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble…Jesus Christ (God in the flesh) suffered the agonies of the wrath of God so that you can be forgiven…you have sinned against the God who holds your very breath in His hands and either you pay for your sin in hell forever or Jesus Christ pays for your sins on the cross…which is it to be ??

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.Proverbs 16:18

1. LOL!

I see you offer little of anything but quotes and repetitive nonsense.

I see you cannot answer the points put to you.

What a surprise. The same deluded pseudo-christian nonsense.

In other words, you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

2. It is no secret that the Bible is correct about a handful of topics and historically accurate in select cases but the Bible also makes many false and counterfactual claims.

Having some truth only separates fiction from pure-fiction but does not make a book true.

A book is only to be considered non-fiction if all of it, or at very least most of it, is true.

That is why the Bible is in fact a work of fiction and why it should only be viewed as inspirational literature on par with Homer’s The Iliad and Odyssey.

3. When no evidence can be presented many resort to faith.

If faith is your reason for saying something is true then ask yourself why?

Claiming that something is true because of faith is in fact the same as claiming that something is true because you want it to be true.

Faith is not a reason to believe in something, it is the lack of reason to believe in something.

Faith is simply an excuse to avoid giving a reason.

4. P!ss off

5. Are you for real???

2. Matthew 6:4 to Matthew 6:6. Says to close yourself in your own room and pray in secret and that public prayer, to be seen and praised by others, is hypocritical.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 4:03pm

That’s quite right Valksy Christians agree with Mathew 6:4-6 …However if you are making the mistake, as others have done, to claim that Mat 6:4-6 is speaking about the proclamation of the Gospel in the open air then you are very wrong….Mat 6:4-6 is specifically speaking about prayer, not preaching.

Repent and believe the Gospel before it is too late, the wrath of God is coming and He will judge righteously!

1. God is a meaningless fiction to comfort the frightened, extort the gullible and control the weak.

2. @Dale

The Gospel speaks of recognising the gift of hospitality.

You are on a gay website abusing and vilifying gay people. You are abusing Scripture and lying.

You have overstayed your welcome.

Follow scripture and accept the hospitality you have been offered here. Don’t abuse it any longer.

2. Spiritbody 13 Feb 2012, 4:25pm

I went to look for the passage I had in my head when I wrote my post. It actually says prayer, not preach. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room (or closet.) and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret…” (Matthew 6:5-6
      But seeing as there is no commonly held definition for the word ‘prayer’, this passage can, and has, been interpreted to include public preaching.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 7:31pm

Spiritbody said ….”But seeing as there is no commonly held definition for the word ‘prayer’, this passage can, and has, been interpreted to include public preaching”

Popycock!!….Just admit you got it wrong that would be the mature thing to do.

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble….Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God!

1. What do you do for an encore? Threaten to set your unicorn on us?

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 7:49pm

I weep for your soul ….eternity is forever and this life is only a vapour.

Repent from your wickedness and trust in Jesus Christ and you can be saved !…do it today, you are not guaranteed tomorrow!

2. Jesus was gay. He hung around with 12 men who were mostly saiors and had dinner parties with them where they “ate his body”.

We gays are holy. You are nuts. Repent and chose to be like Jesus, at any gay bar near you.

2. Dale. If I do allow Jesus into my life and humble myself at the mercy of God, will you suck my big fat bell end?

34. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 1:40pm

Pro 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

1. Ezekiel 23:20 “There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses”. Perhaps we shouldn’t listen to that book of bloody fairy tales after all (how many times are Unicorns mentioned? Or women turning in to salt? Or any more of that supernatural drivel?)

2. Religious institutions are exempt from paying taxes and that pushes the burden onto the rest of us.

Pastors are even exempt from paying property taxes on their own houses further contributing to state and local governmental deficits.

3. “Because it is true”

Answer what was put to you, if you can.

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 3:02pm

“Which bits exactly?”

All of it …2Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work….Jesus Christ, many of you who would say they believe in said, Scripture speaks about Him and also spoke about Adam and Eve, Jonah and the whale.

Two clothes I’m unsure what you refer to but eating shellfish was banned by God because it was unclean at that time, God was protecting His people and He still does that when He commands us not to sin because the wages of sin is death (eternal torment in hell).
        So, you need to read the Bible in context Will, if you want to be honest with it and learn what it says, not cherry pick verses that you like to use to try and prove it false, Jesus Christ said “God’s word is truth”..or you could just continue to live a lie like many others…which is it ??

The wrath of God is coming my friend.

1. Eschatological drivel. You might as well warn us that rhe Eye of Sauron is looking our way

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 3:29pm

2Pe 3:3-7 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.
            They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
            For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,
            and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
            But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly

2. The archaeological record shows us that various civilizations around the world, as well as the human race, carried on in a steady fashion before, during, and after the flood supposedly took place with no evidence of such a disaster.

Nowhere in the history of modern man has life ever been bottle-nosed down to just 8 people.

2. Oh, so sleeping with your sister and bearing child is okay then? As god commanded Adam? God is as f…ed in the head as you are then.

Well done in cherry picking the bits that suit you, like every other mentally deranged so called “Christian”.

To be frank, you disgust me.

3. Who was at the tomb?

An angel?
          Matthew 28:2 – “And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.”

Or a young man?
          Mark 16:5 – “And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.”

Or two men?
          Luke 24:4 – “And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:”

Or two angels?
          John 20:12 – “And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.”

Where is the truth here?

1. dale mcalpine 13 Feb 2012, 7:27pm

If I answer your question will you repent from your lifestyle and surrender your life to Jesus Christ ??

2. The gospels are not eyewitness accounts and were written 36-65 years after Jesus’ supposed death.

None of the writers claim to be eyewitnesses, Matthew is written completely in third person (e.g. Matthew 9:9), and the author of John claims he is not the disciple John (John 21:24).

The followers of Jesus were Aramaic speaking peasants from Galilee, lower class men that are not educated and could not have written the gospels in Greek.

All the gospels were written anonymously and the names Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were simply applied to the unnamed writings by later readers and named after characters in the stories.

Acts 4:13 even says Peter and John were uneducated and ignorant men.

3. @dale

So engaging in blackmail in the name of God now!

If I do this will you.

Unbelieveable!

4. When will PN get these drooling jesus freaks off this forum.

I’m getting sick of it.

1. Me too. And is as relevant to concepts like the law of the land and equal rights as someone showing up here to deliver a diatribe on the collected quotes of James T. Kirk. Unless faith, and the interpretation of it, are universally agreed upon, it is utterly meaningless to anyone but the individual.

35. why do you christians believe what they do?

When they claim something from the Bible is true are they doing so because of evidence and honest reasons or simply because they want it to be true?

If the evidence their claim is based upon ends up being proven false would they stop making the claim?

If their claim is based only on wishful thinking then they are being dishonest with themselves.

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 8:18am

“why do you christians believe what they do?”

Because it is true.
      To correct you earlier assertion that “None of the writers claim to be eyewitnesses,” Peter said this :
      2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were EYEWITNESSES of his majesty.

“There is a difference between hoping that something is true and claiming that it is true.”
      Correct, there is also a major difference in KNOWING something is true:
      1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

1. Hey Dale

You are absolutely right in the comments you make. However, the unsaved cannot see this because the devil has blinded them. Let us re-double our efforts to pray for them – that God would be pleased to open their eyes.

I note that some on this site are irritated by the comments made by Christians and want to stop us. I thought they believed in free speech, or is it only on their terms?

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 10:36am

Your right Bob, thanks for the reminder to pray for these dear folks, sometimes we get so caught up in preaching the Gospel because we want them to be saved so much, that we forget to pray to God who alone can save them.

1. LOL! Its like earwigging a conversation in a mental asylum ….

2. OMG . . .

Once again, more Fundamentalist Evangelical Crackpots let loose on PN

Curious how they are drawn to our community like bees to a honey pot.

1. Closet cases. Its been well established those who are openly homophobic are over 90% likely to be harbouring repressed sexual “leanings” to other men. The science only backs up what we already suspected.

2. Happy Valentine, u 2 !! :)

3. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 6:43pm

4. “1Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;…”

Yep. Queer.

2. Woman turned to salt. Guy lives in a big whale. Talking donkey. Talking snake. All species of animals in a boat…. It’s a ridiculous bloody fiction.

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 6:45pm

And the option is ???….a big exposion from nothing for no reason ??…and the human race evolving from a pool of mud ??

1. No.

Science explains HOW something happened or HOW something works.

Intelligent Design simply claims that life was designed by an intelligent designer because it looks like it was.

Creationism simply claims that life and the universe was created by God because the Bible says it was created by God.

Neither Intelligent Design nor Creationism are explanations of how anything was created.

Intelligent Design only pretends to be science so Christian apologists can discourage students from learning the actual science which disproves religious based claims.

If Intelligent Design proponents did have an honest motive they would be pushing to get ID into history classes and not science classes since ID only makes the claim of an event occurring and does not try to explain how that event occurred.

2. “.a big exposion from nothing for no reason”

LOL! Yeah, big “exposion” and no reason.

You got the latter part of that right!

2. @Jonpol

Personally I believe for two reasons. Firstly, my personal experience of events which I can not find an explanation for other that Godly intervention and linked to this things that are clearly factual in the Bible. Secondly, an inate internal sense of believing.

Now the Bible is a mix of types of literature. Some of it is a historical account of what individuals observed. One has to accept that some of that will be a particular interpretation of the events from one sole perspective and therefore understanding the context at the time is important. Some is poetry, some imagery etc etc. Its also important to recognise that there are other “Scriptural” books that were chosen to be left out of the library by the early church eg the apocrypha or Gospel of Thomas. If one accepts the Bible as true (bear with me for a second) then one has to accept that everyone has a brain to use and it would be wrong to not use that brain to reason and seek to understand. Critical …

1. … reasoning must draw any reasonable person to a view that there are inconsistencies in the Bible. Its plausible that an explanation of this is a combination of the human writers spinning the writing in their own way and part due to the selections being made by the early church. Its also possible that it is entirely wrong, although thats not my view. It may be that there are neurological explanations for faith. Regardless, provided that faith does not damage others (as dale seems to seek to do) then I believe there is a great deal of positive outcomes that can and do come from faith. Religion is a dangerous thing though as that is man made and controlled.

1. No, Zack – there are no contradictions in the Bible. You are not reading it correctly. It is clear that you are not a true Christian and are under the control of the devil. I will pray for you that God will open your eyes and release you from Satan’s grip.

1. No, Bob – there are many contradictions in the Bible. You are not reading it correctly. It is clear that you are not a true Christian and are under the control of ignorance. I will pay for you that a school will open your eyes and release you from the grip of diminished intelligence and schizophrenia..

2. I cannot agree that there are no contradiction in the bible.

Here’s another example: Does God have respect for people, or not?

Genesis 4:4 “And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:”

Romans 2:11 “For there is no respect of persons with God.”

If that is not a contradiction, what is it?

Why is God’s word contradicting itself?

2. Zach, of course you have a perfect right to pursue the religion of your choice, as stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

36. Whether you are a Christian or not, we can all agree that the truth is important.

Our concept of what is true is the basis upon which our daily decisions are made.

That is why any claim a person makes should only be respected if it is based on current empirical evidence and reasoning, not on opinions, traditions, authority, or revelation.

Many claims contained within the Bible are not based on – and are contradictory to – current empirical evidence and reasoning.

That is why Christianity is harmful, and we need to stop making it socially acceptable to believe that the Bible is a source of truth.

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 6:51pm

Jonpol….If it were not for Christianity you would not enjoy the freedoms you enjoy now in your country…your fellow black americans would still be slaves and you would not be able to send your kids to school…These are just some of the benefits Christianity has brought to the world….and now you want to stamp it out because of your love of sin ??

Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

1. This idea of Christianity somehow being good for a society stems from misinformation spread in an attempt to make the religion more accepted and appealing to a modern audience.

However, as history proves again and again, Christianity has never been directly responsible for a single good deed.

All of the charitable contributions to society that one commonly associates with Christianity are not exclusive to Christianity.

Charitable organizations such as Toys For Tots, The Nature Conservancy, Doctors Without Borders, American Red Cross, Kiva, Mama’s Kitchen, and the American Cancer Society are all secular based with no religious affiliation.

These organizations help simply for the sake of helping and demonstrate that we don’t need Christianity to help others.

The decision and strive to do good deeds ultimately comes from the human conscience, and the names of LGBT’s who have contributed tremendously to the development of society could fill volumes in the history of civilisation.

2. “If it were not for Christianity you would not enjoy the freedoms you enjoy now in your country…your fellow black americans would still be slaves”

You are joking?

It was Christianity that allowed slavery in the first place.

2. I agree that we should critically analyse and make decisions based on evidence.

Not everything can be empirically evidenced. Some science eg some medicine is based on assumed extrapolations.

I agree there are contradictions in the Bible. There is also great truth in the Bible.

I think it is dangerous to extrapolate to say that the Bible is a pure source of truth (even though I am a Christian). I also think its arrogant to assume that being a Christian is a dangerous thing because of some inconsistencies.

I have a personal faith. I am a Christian. My faith is crucial and important to me. I do not follow blindly. I have a brain and an ability to critically analyse. I have freedom of choice and thought. It would be an abuse of myself not to critically analyse.

1. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 7:16pm

Jesus Christ said “If you love Me, keep My commandments”

1. So which commandment am I not following, dale?

Which one do you want to JUDGE me on now.

2. ..er… it would only be correct to say that Jesus is said to have said.

3. “Either you are with Him or against Him, there is no middle ground, it’s all or nothing!”

Fine, I’m against. Nothing you can do about it, is there? So why not run along and read a real book – try non-fiction this time,.

37. dale mcalpine 14 Feb 2012, 8:36pm

As my last post (Please refrain from shedding tears) I would like to remind everyone what Jesus Christ said regarding God’s standard for relationships :
    Mark 10:6-9 But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’
    ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.
    What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.

Repent and believe the Gospel

1. @dale mcalpine . . . when are you going to repent of your homophobia?

1. JUDGE NOT. LEST YE BE JUDGED.

Hypocrite.

2. Apols. Meant to be directed at Dale Winton ….

2. The claims about nature – including human nature – contained in the Bible are identical to the false beliefs held by the men who wrote it.

Ancient man in the Mediterranean area was convinced that the sky was blue and leaked water because it held a body of water identical to the sea and rain was caused by openings in the sky.

They also believed the moon was a dim source light and that a flat earth was the center of the solar system.

Based on limited knowledge and limited vantage points, all of these beliefs made perfect sense.

However, if the Bible was the inspired word of an all knowing god, then it would not reflect these outdated assumptions about nature.

It is clear that the knowledge provided by the Bible is limited by the extent of ancient man’s knowledge and beliefs.

1. Its just so sad that today’s Neanderthals consider that poisonous book to be fact..

This is why I think that the religious are mentally ill.

3. This is what is sometimes known in messageboard lingo as a ‘flounce’. It is not enough to simply not come onto a board anymore; the poster has to make an announcement, take an I-May Be-Unpopular-But-I-Know-Best parting shot then probably come back on later to check out reactions to said flounce.

4. You are writing the truth, Dale. As evangelists we need to tell people the truth of the Bible (God’s infallible word) even though it proves unpopular with those who love their sins. Jesus was opposed for telling truth but He would not be deflected from His course.

1. @Bob Hutton . . . when are you going to repent of your homophobia?

2. Jesus was gay:- He hung around with 12 men who were mostly sailors and had dinner parties with them where they “ate his body”.

3. Your messiah said. JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED.

Don’t you read your own stupid book.

Therefore F OFF.

38. Truth is priority.

To be honest you must make truth your number one priority.

Many Christians claim that Jesus is the most important thing in life but Jesus holds no meaning if his stories are not true.

Take note that calling Jesus “the Truth” does not make him the same as actual truth, verified or indisputable fact based on all available evidence.

39. Jesus was gay:- He hung around with 12 men who were mostly sailors and had dinner parties with them where they “ate his body”.

We gays are holy and blessed by imitating Jesus. Repent and chose to be gay like Jesus. Then be saved by his homosexuality.

Its not to late Dale and Bob, you can “choose” to be gay like the rest of us and be like jesus.