Tom Cruise’s adopted son apologises over ‘homophobic’ tweet

1. Aryugaetu 9 Feb 2012, 4:13pm

When you use 2 versions of the same word, it’s no mistake. Like all bigots, he’s not sorry for the words, he is sorry for getting caught.

He’s too young in his sheltered life to know the true sacrifices of MLK and his fight, and too stupid to know how to apply it in his own life.

He’s just one more closeted bigot in the spotlight, so full of prejudice a little bit of it leaked out (as it always does). I’d be surprised if he gets any bookings other than at a far-right Christian wedding reception.

“Nothing to see here people, move on.”

1. You know you are completely right, he’s young and stupid.
      But a bigot ??? “so full of prejudice” ???
      Bit over dramatic love.
      And “…not sorry for the words, he is sorry for getting caught”
      You know this for sure then?

1. I agree with James Brown on this – there is a lot of ignorance, it’s wrong and should be exposed and called to account when it occurs. But you can’t go and say, he’s a bigot for all time. I guess the kid has never come across anyone gay before. He’s young. Hopefully he’ll learn and try to understand. We’ll see…..

PS I don’t think anyone can be forced to apologise. If so, then they haven’t.

2. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 10:37pm

@j brown
        …..This creep was brought up by the poisoned dwarf Tom Cruise ffs. What do you expect from someone brought up in the Moron church….(spelling intended btw) another bunch of wingnuts who follow the teachings of a crazy person from the 19th century……nuff said methinks.

2. Daddy teaches kid to be homophobic?

1. Do you honestly believe that?

1. Yes, I believe it. Cruise has issues. Just because you like him as a movie star, doesn’t mean that the actor doesn’t have issues.

3. Ian Bower 9 Feb 2012, 4:24pm

A forced apology is NOT an apology.

1. While I agree with your statement, I have to say I doubt the apology was forced. This Todd Krim guy has known Cruise Jnr for a long time. So I’m sure that when CC realised (or was told) what he said was wrong, the apology was sincere.

1. And you know this how? (By the way, could it be that YOU are Tom Cruise, J Brown?). You’re even starting to sound like him! LOL

4. Jason Brown 9 Feb 2012, 4:27pm

Why is ‘homophobic’ in quotations? Surely apologises should be.
    A forced apology by a PR team isn’t actually an apology, although I dunno how this made news as Connor’s twitter doesn’t have many followers considering he’s ‘famous’

5. I doubt he learned such language from Nicole Kidman.

Sadly he has rarely seen Nicole since she was bundled out of Cruise manner in the boot of a car, when Xenu dissolved her contract with fiercely heterosexual Tom Cruise.

All of the previous paragraph needs to be prefaced by the word ‘Allegedly’.

Xenu is very litigious after all.

1. ‘Cruise Manor’ I meant.

Allegedly.

6. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Feb 2012, 4:34pm

His father, Tom Cruise, is a scientologist, an homophobic cult I might add, isimilar ot the Mormon cult. Is it no wonder it rubs off on the son?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Feb 2012, 4:34pm

…similar to the Mormon cult…

1. Scientology is not homophobic as it has gay (non celebrity) members.
        They are just a bunch of weirdos LOL

1. Jason Brown 9 Feb 2012, 6:26pm

Islam and Christianity have gay members too but it doesn’t stop them protesting at gay prides.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Feb 2012, 6:35pm

Really, then explain why its founder L. Ron Hubbard publlished several books promoting homophobia and in all of them described homosexuality as a perversion and aberration. Nothing has changed. Maybe some of its gay members are self-loathers or in denial or both? Had he lived, he’d probably have been the first to promote the ex-gay nonsense.

3. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Feb 2012, 6:42pm

FYI, L. Ron Hubbard published several books promoting homophobia, actually describing it as a perversion and aberration. One of his books on Dianetics, supported a “cure” for homosexuality, probably the beginning of the ex-gay movement. How on earth can you say scientology isn’t homophobic just because you claim it has gay members? Maybe they’re in denial or totally self-loathing.

It may interest you to know that L. Ron Hubbard had a gay son who was supposed to succeed him but committed suicide. I woudn’t mind betting it had to do with his father’s revulsion of homosexuality.

7. Sister Goodlove 9 Feb 2012, 4:36pm

I would expect nothing less from anyone living with Tom Cruise.

We all have suspicions as to the reasons behind Tom’s rumoured homophobia.

1. It’s never been rumoured Tom is homophobic.
      It’s been rumoured he’s a homosexual, but not homophobic.

1. Sorry, YOU’RE wrong … one Guardian acticle is not enough proof … this is a 30 year old story, most likely invented by a journo who couln’t come up with anything else for the article space … and besides I used to make stupid homophobic comments when I was young because I didn’t know better, and I’m FLAMING now!!!!

1. and why isn’t my spell check working on this???
            lol

2. Maybe because your spell checker doesn’t agree with you.

3. Sister Goodlove 9 Feb 2012, 8:39pm

You might well be flaming now, but Tom Cruise is not. And doesn’t want to be perceived as such, either. Just because you changed your mind when you got a good rodding does not mean that Tom embraced his own inner queen at round about the same time. Please.

4. I don’t understand the comment above.

8. HE’S A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD PEOPLE.
    Sean Penn was once homophobic. He grew up. Now look at him. Oscar for playing a gay man.
    And if you really believe Tom would condone such a comment, “teach” a child to be homophobic then you are a bigger twit than young Mr Cruise is.

1. At 17 , he should know much better, age is not an excuse for stupid ignorance, and if you believe it is , it is sending a wrong message to other teens that this inappropriate use of language is acceptable in schools etc. . Would you use the same excuse for a 17 year old being a racist or do you just employ double standards.

1. I’m not talking excuses I’m talking facts. Not every 17 yr old has the same maturity level as the next one. Homophobic and racist language is unacceptable ANYWHERE. But because he IS only 17, he is concidered a minor, thereby, us as adults, shouldn’t be so quick to label a minor a homophobe or a racist. Instead we should be educating them, so they’ll know better.

1. As an adult , you should be insisting his use of homophobic references have contributed to him being labelled a homophobe. He’s not 5 , he’s 17, a young man . All your excuses for his age reek of mollycoddling .

2. You obviously got a crush on this particular minor.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 10:59pm

@rapture …
            …he is not a minor, he is almost 19…and even if he were only sixteen he has reached the age of consent in the UK. Not that anyone would have a “thing” for him. he is hardly an Adonis…….yeuk

2. “minor”

3. “minor” as in j brown interpretation.

2. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 10:48pm

@j brown..
      …and you are seriously deluded if you think T Crusie isn’t homophobic besides being as camp as a row of tents at gay pride. FFS he is the equivalent to pope in the nut job xtian Scientology cult and that is about as homophobic as anyone can get cult wise, except perhaps for those who follow the seventh century paedophile and misogynist ….

9. So y’all are entitled to your opinions, but at the end of the day, what you are all missing is that, using the expression “gay ass” – once – to a gay friend – doesn’t make one homophobic, it just makes one stupid.
    Save your pitchforks and torches for real homophobes like the Westboro nutjobs!

1. Dear J. Brown: if you tweet gay-ass in a pissy way to a gay person you know, trust me, you know what you’re doing. Since you’re so concerned with facts, try doing it yourself. Tweet or email a gay friend – hey, gay-ass! – and see what kind of response you get.

Now is it possible that maybe you can either go work for Tom Cruise or go out for a jog, so that we don’t have to continue to read your fawning self-adoration of Cruise for the rest of the day??

1. WOW Edward ….. you’re a bit of a dickhead aren’t you?

10. Why do you have to point out he is adopted? Is it relevant to the story?

1. because this kind of behaviour is learned from not inhereted from the parent you know the continueing Nature versus Nurture Argument

2. Maybe because he’s BLACK for a start, or didn’t you notice?

11. His apology was for one or two reasons one…To save his face and that of his adopted father! Such an apology is not an apology at all.

I hear kids use ‘gay’ all the time to describe how rubbish something is and to me it’s such a derogatory use of the word. But they are so ignorant they can’t see it. You tell them it offends you and they just shrug like it means nothing, which it probably doesn’t :/

1. Who??? Never heard of him tbh. Being the adopted son of whoever has no bearing, he’s just sorry he as caught out.

12. The only reason he made the new is his father is Tom cruise. This young man made a mistake and is sorry for it, we all make mistakes, I hope he does not do it again. We all know that all religions have LGBT people in them including Scientology. I have a friends who is gay and was helped by Scientology who knew he was gays and helped him to get off drugs and they saved his life. Evil people like drugs dealers say bad things about them to make them look bad but the truth is they help LGBT people who go to them for help. God Bless Scientology.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 10:55pm

@Josh….
      ……Yea right! Whatever you say pet. Now away off to bed and maybe you will feel better in the morning. Btw where is the gold tablets “god” gave old Ronnie Howard back in 1834? Strangely missing like the stone tablets the paedophile Moses got from “god”……….

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 1:58pm

@Josh…
        …”old Ronnie Howard” should have read Ronnie Hubbard ** obviously. It was close to my bed time and I had sex on my mind. lol.

2. “I have a friends who is gay and was helped by Scientology who knew he was gays and helped him to get off drugs and they saved his life.” Where have I heard this rational before? Oh yes that’s it I remember now Wasn’t along the lines of “Some of My Friends are Jews” Black peaked hats adorned with a Death’s Head motif. Does this ring a bell

3. LMT Home Phone 16 Feb 2012, 6:10pm

They had a reason for helping him, don’t kid yourself. Ther is always a hidden agenda with a cult.

13. I am a 29 years old lady,mature and beautiful. and now i am seeking a good man who can give me real love, so i got a username josedvilla on — Agelover.С0M —, a nice and free place for younger women and older men,or older women and younger men, to interact with each other.Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

14. I am a 29 years old lady,mature and beautiful. and now i am seeking a good man who can give me real love, so i got a username josedvilla on — Agelover.С0M —, a nice and free place for younger women and older men,or older women and younger men, to interact with each other.Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends..

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 2:00pm

Are you not aware that this is a Gay website?,
      you stupid bint….

15. WHat difference does it make if the kid is adopted or not? Why have you made an issue out of it? Surely it is of jo relevance to the story? In fact, it seems to me to be athe same kind of discriminatory behaviour that has been labelled on LGBT people for years? Just because the kid was not naturally conceived by Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise does not mean he is any different from a child that is, yet he is labelled so. Very disappointed in this article and site.