New York rabbi: Cure gays with chemicals

1. I wasn’t aware that homosexuality was something that I could “commit.”

2. Ian Bower 9 Feb 2012, 6:09pm

Truly disgusting.
    I have never spoken about orthodox Jews like that even though I think they are deluded. I let them live their CHOSEN lifestyle.
    This defamation must stop!

1. Just think of him as the Jewish equivalent of Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church. It is doubtful that Rabbi Levin’s views even reflect those of the Ultra Orthodox Jewish community.

3. His cure is not to stop homosexual attraction but to stop any sexual attraction by castration – sick man

You would have thought people like him would have realised after the holocaust that this kind of stuff done on people just because you don’t like them was not a good thing. I suppose if chemical castration does not get the required result then some lethal gas could cure us or at least remove us so he does not have to deal with us being there.

4. um… a rabbi of all people shouldn’t speak out of turn.. it was “our” people that died with “his” people.. by chemicals/gas — soooo… I’m going to say if my fellow Jews can live a happy normal life, they should be the last to condemn the jewish gays that also want the same thing. How soon we all forget what we went through and our forefathers went through to have freedom and happiness. REMEMBER YOUR ROOTS AND KEEP YOUR TWISTED THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF. What I personally think of the Catholic church and the Synagogues and how most treat homosexuals and speak out of turn (while in the dark, they are playing with little boys themselves), should watch what they say, return to their roots and relearn the meaning of “judge NOT, and thou shalt not be judged”

5. Get rid of all the “god” and “sin” nonsense and start doing moral philosophy properly and all this rancid bigotry just melts away.

You don’t even have to stop being jewish. You can still be culturally jewish – millions of people the world over are atheistic jews, and most of them are thoroughly nice people. You can even subscribe to reform judaism if you can’t quite kick the urge to believe in unsubstantiated tosh but still have the usual hankerings to be a decent human being.

Being replete with homophobia is not obligatory. It is a choice. And it is a choice on which you can be judged and found wanting. The fact your homophobia is mandated by a centuries old book makes it no less a choice and makes you no less accountable. Valuing the dictates of peculiar ancient texts above the realities of human equality makes you a bad person. It is time the world said so in no uncertain terms.

6. Funny. I’m a transsexual lesbian (MTF), and hormone treatment has actually helped me feel more comfortable with my sexuality – and it’s making me infertile, basically castration.

It’s sad that the Torah treats gay people and incest/adulterers the same. Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with expressing oneself. And if it is wrong, I shall answer to the almighty. I don’t listen to bigots on either side of it.

1. Don Harrison 9 Feb 2012, 7:32pm

Well said Alli

7. Closet case.

8. Is he like Jewish people who turned in other Jewish people to the Third Reich? That is disturbing. To any Jewish or non-Jewish LGBT kids out there, this lunatic does not speak for Jewish people.

1. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:08am

Hitler who founded the Third Reich was apparantly one-quarter Jewish (had a Jewish grandparent) himself yet he set out to exterminate anybody who had Jewish ancestors alive after 1800.

9. More rantings from another insane religionist. It is just so predictable and so disgusting.

10. Vauxhall-Boy 9 Feb 2012, 7:05pm

Is he saying that the Jewish faith permits torture on the grounds of orientation?

This is the sort of chemical torture that Alan Turing had to encounter. At least the UK have moved on since then.

Its a remarkable dichotomy that a Jewish leader is promoting torture and forced use of chemicals against unwilling humans given the history of the last century.

1. Don Harrison 9 Feb 2012, 7:28pm

In Leviticus also known as the Holiness Code –
      “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.
      They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”.
      In the book that also condones slavery?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 9 Feb 2012, 8:47pm

The old testament also condones polygamy, for straights of course since they invented it. Yet scum like this rant about same-sex civil marriage heralding polygamy, bestiality and incest. The latter invented by Adam and Eve the alledged first parents of the human race.

2. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:11am

> They look so unclean and dirty.

That it also shockingly anti-semitic.

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 11:12am

@de Villiers ..
          …….just like a Frenchman to be disingenuous….

3. Except it doesn’t say that, what the earliest version of the text translates as is
        “A male with another male may not lay lyings of a woman” there is no obvious modern translation of lay lyings of a woman, nobody today knows what it refers to exactly, the verse could equally as likely be condemning a menage a trois, as in two men banging one lady, absolutely abominable!

11. Don Harrison 9 Feb 2012, 7:19pm

That is like saying rabbi “with chemicals I can make you a Christian”

12. Most Jews are either secular or belong to the liberal Reform tradition. Orthodoxy is a minority religious persuasion within that ethnic community and one can see why. Rabbi Levin has been in repeated hot water over being overly lenient when it comes to conservative Christian anti-Semitism too, I believe

1. Since when has judaism been an ethnicity? That is a complete load of cobblers.

Elizabeth Taylor converted to reform judaism from christianity.

Was she ethnically jewish?

1. no she wasn’t you idiot, because she CONVERTED. She wasn’t Jewish by birth, so she wasn’t ethnically Jewish. That doesn’t mean she wasn’t Jewish either, because she became Jewish.

Judaism is an ethnicity, and is seen that way by millions of people.

13. I wonder how he would react if someone wrote: “Desensitize society through constant discussion of judaism, urges, etc. Create feelings of guilt in others by exaggerated, unsubstantiated claims of Jewish suicides due to “bullying,” discrimination, etc. Gain public sympathy by using the media, and then solidify gains by forming organizations like Jewish Youth.”

It’s funny, but he is attacking gays for doing exactly what Jews have done for year. I’m not criticizing Jewish support groups for defending themselves. I’m only saying it is hypocritical of this Rabbi to accuse gays of using the same tools to defend themselves against unfair attacks.

14. Sister Goodlove 9 Feb 2012, 7:26pm

Yes, the worm has turned. Traditional Judaism can now show its true colours, because Israel has top-notch weaponry, and allegiance from people like me who always supported Jews and particularly hated what Islam wanted to do to them. But now that Judaism has influence and power, its hideous roots are coming to the fore. Such a pity.

1. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:10am

> now that Judaism has influence and power, its hideous roots are coming to the fore

That it shockingly anti Semitic.

1. You seem to live your entire life through generalisations and offensive bigotry, your as bad as this rabbi.

1. To Paddy by the way

2. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 1:46pm

@Hamish…
          …..and you seem to go through life with your head up your arse.

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 1:50pm

for hamish btw……… even though he directed his stupidity at someone called Paddy, try as I might I can find no-one posting on this page with that particular moniker…..

2. @PaddySWURDS

Didn’t I read a comment from you recently where you said you were around 60 years old?

How come you behave with the petulence of a 4 year old., then?

Referring to your comments towards Hamish

3. Paddyswurds 11 Feb 2012, 12:20pm

@Zack…
            ….and that is your contribution to this entire page…..and you call me childish. How very intellectual of you.

2. Judaism is a belief system as moronic as christianity or islam or scientology though?

So long as jewish people are protected from discrimination based on their age, race, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, physical ability, then of course it is acceptable to criticise their moronic, superstitious beliefs.

Their buybull is a work of fiction as worthless as the christian or muslim buybulls.

Surely you accept this?

1. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:48pm

Religion is outside rationality. Like any great art. .

1. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:48pm

To David.

2. You need to be kicked off these boards you dirty antisemite.

I’m just disgusted to read stuff like this, as a proud, gay Jewish man, who lives in the Jewish state (israel), completely accepted and happy.

This rabbi is clearly a shocking extremist, which you get. So you need to shut your horrible mouth.

1. Paddyswurds 15 Feb 2012, 9:41pm

@Dan….
        …how can you in all conscience deny that the roots of the Abrahamic cults and in particular Judaism are hideous, steeped in ritual murder, paedophilia and misogyny. Wake up and smell the coffee.

3. what an inane thing to say. Nobody could condone what this right wing nutter has to say, but what on earth has that (or indeed he) got to do with Israel. Confused, or what?

15. Helen Wilson 9 Feb 2012, 7:32pm

I’m sure Rabbi Yehuda Levin also supports attacking 8 year old girls for dressing immodestly and sending women to the back of the bus like other orthodox extremists do in Israel: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/american-girl-8-is-target-of-ultra-orthodox-jews-in-israel/1

His comments show the only people in need of therapy or castration are those who hold extremist views like his.

1. Just watched the video on the link what big brave “men” they are! NOT, They are so proud of their activities that they find it necessary to hide their faces from the camera such bravery COWARDS

2. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:04am

In 1950’s Alabama, they sent black people to the back of the bus, until Rosa Parkes came along.

16. Anthony Carter 9 Feb 2012, 7:37pm

When in doubt castrate the buggers ? This is so, so, sad….

1. deven m brown 10 Feb 2012, 1:03pm

Well said!

17. “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” Didnt his mum teach him that?
    On another note, I so want to put itching powder in his beard.

1. DJ Sheepiesheep 9 Feb 2012, 8:32pm

I once let off a stink bomb in the coat pocket of the authodox rabbi in charge of the Hebrew classes I went to (as infrequently as possible). He was so vile he didn’t seem to notice anything.

It’s just another god deluded bigot….ignore him.

2. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 9:34pm

@Kaz…..
      …you really don’t need to as it is already crawling with lice and fleas. These people never wash and wear their clothes til they rot and start to disintegrate. Never ever get down wind of one as you will never forget the experience for all eternity….it is indescribable…a mixture of faeces, urine and sweat and rotten meat…..now where did we hear those words spoken before. This evil pig should think well before making such statements. the world is not beyond a sixth pogrom against the filthy jews and he would do well to remember that.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 9:38pm

…”filthy jews” as opposed to normal, secular Jews who do remember Zyclon B….. and who do remember the past and who do not advocate destruction of their fellow man or woman by chemicals..

2. There are some Europeans like that. In fact, MANY Europeans who are non-Jewish smell atrocious to those of us from other climes who bathe daily.

BUT the Orthodox I have known on my side of the planet didn’t stink and they wash their bodies and their beards.

What you have said is as bigoted and ignorant as this man’s views. Really, how different are you? Not much!

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 11:07am

@Adam..
          …Any orthodox or Hasidim I ever had the misfortune to come in contact with (mainly in New York ) were absolutely vile and an experience I would not wish to repeat anytime soon and that was over thirty years ago.
          You chose to ignore the fact that my first post was mainly irony but then maybe you are American and Americans don’t do or understand irony.

18. Given that the Jewish suffered so much at the hands of Hitler, I find his comment distasteful.

And myself reading the history of how the Jewish suffered, I was sickened. What I have read is probably very toned down, but I was still sickened.

1. Paddyswurds 9 Feb 2012, 10:08pm

This is the sort of filthy pig who worked with the Naz!s against his own people and sent thousands to their deaths from ghettos in France, Poland and even the Channel Islands. All right thinking Jews will surely send this excuse for a human being packing….

1. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:12am

Please don’t insult pigs.

19. Commander Thor 9 Feb 2012, 8:12pm

As an anonymous coward on here, I’m now 25, fully in control of my life and in a loving gay relationship for two years now.

Until I was 23, I considered several destructive techniques to “fight my homosexual urges” (or to destroy the humanity in me, as I now recognise it), including physical damage, chemical castration and premature termination.

I would like to appeal to the other sane Rabbis out there to please, please make an effort to be heard and make sure this dangerous moron is not allowed to pretend to be reasonable any longer.

20. God he’s ugly. And demented. This is the man who thinks that the earthquake in Haiti was caused because there are gay guys in the military. But, he serves as a reminder as to why religious fundamentalists should never have any power or credibility.

21. Calum Bennachie 9 Feb 2012, 8:21pm

The rabbi appears to think that his belief in a deity trumps the rights of people to live their own life and uses his own version of the vox deus argument, there is a cure for that. It doesn’t involve harming him, it doesn’t involve chemicals. It does involve rational thought and the acceptance that the vox deus he argues with is nothing more that santa clause or the tooth fairy – lies to children. Of course, he may need something stronger to help cure his delusion and megalomania, but those are separate issues.

22. I also feel sorry for his wife. Can you imagine being married to that twit?

1. Imagine sleeping in the same bed as him.?

23. Just look at Rabbi Levin, does he look normal to you?
    I rest my case.

24. Chris Wintermute 9 Feb 2012, 9:07pm

Truly shocking, ill-informed, bigoted, fundamentalist rhetoric again being spouted by a religious zealot.
    To all my US country folk, keep fighting for your basic rights to love and be with who you love. Good changes are happening right now. It will get better but only if you ignore these fundamentalists and focus on continuing to make change happen.

25. What a sick and twisted weirdo that rabbi is.

26. And he called himself a man of god?! Such people are more like figure heads of the devil…That was if either existed at all!!! Such behaviour and thoughts are in my opinion beyond evil. They are like wolfs dressed as lambs!

Yes what I have just said seems humerous, especially for someone who is pagan. It was just the first thing that came to mind and is some what fitting with the subject. Though I believe the Jewish religion doesn’t believe in the devil…But I think you get my point :/

1. What a bigoted old c**t, hope someone sacks him from his job. Appalling comments.

27. How sad my people do not remember what the Germans did to our people using chemicals and other means to destroy our race. Stop harming LGBT people. The inhumanity that is being done to LGBT people needs justice to do something about it now to stop these hateful and misguided people who are doing damage to LGBT people.

1. Well put Josh.

28. Nicole Hatch 9 Feb 2012, 10:10pm

Good Lord! Just look at the dude and you can tell he’s a freak. Somebody needs to castrate him. I can’t imagine what sort of vermin he would produce.

29. Pathologically biased inmates in some US prisons are treated with anti-psychotic drugs, these might do Rabbi Levin some good also.

30. Another 18th century idiot in a funny hat pontificating about other peoples’ lives.

Don’t they get the last 200 years?

1. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:16am

Sounds like the Pope.
      Pontiff: The Pope
      Pontificate: To go on and on and bore people with subjects such as the evils of homosexuality.
      Therefore a Pontiff is somebody who pontificates.

31. Someone needs a good shave, a tidy up and a makeover! The silly hat is not a good look either!

32. Scott Lovely 10 Feb 2012, 1:06am

My favourite part of this article is where he calls the anti-gay Mitt Romney a “dangerous homosexualist”. This guy is so bonkers it’s entertaining.

33. Quite a tsunami of lashon hara.

1. Paddyswurds 10 Feb 2012, 11:11am

@Dermot..
      ….Lashom hara on whose part exactly? The comments are, in my opinion mild, compared with the vile utterances from this filthy Levin pig.

34. No, he’s talking about the massive dose of female hormones given to sex offenders which basically wipes out the male hormones and chemically neuters them.

The thing is, he is an incredibly ignorant man, because it kills the ability to have an erection but does NOT change a person’s sexual orientation. And, of course, it simply does not apply to gay females.

He is a bigoted, hateful fool and more damaging to his community than anything else.

1. Id confuse the crap out of him im 22 years post op ts mtf and lesbian, bring on the hormones lol they just make my sex drive stronger,, he hasn’t got a clue.
      But nothing to do with him been jewish this is his personal hangup.. poor thing needs therapy

35. Ah, where are the Old Days of the Books in which this cretin glories?

The ancient Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Romans (and all others which we Jews have outlived) would have caged this fanatic, or put his eyes out, or decapitated him and left his head to rot on a spike outside the city gates! And no one would remember him afterwards.

Such a pity the old days ARE gone, isn’t it?

1. David Turner - Baptist Pastor 10 Feb 2012, 3:04am

Minimum of 20 years jail for this Rabbi.

2. There are still Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans knocking about today. There’s nothing special about the jewish people in that regard…

36. Rabbi Levin
    Your perspective is abhorrent to say the least. Ever heard the phrase “do unto others”? Your words and action and others who hang on your words sicken me.

37. “A gay couple in Winnipeg has tied the knot in what is believed to be a first in Canada: a same-sex marriage performed at a conservative synagogue.” Jan 21, 2012. (Includes a great picture of the happy couple.)
    Same words, same history, different interpretations. Loving marriage vs. chemical castration.

38. Here’s an idea I bet that this stuff works on heterosexual orthodox Jews so why not try taking some and cure yourself of your disgusting difference after all it’s an abomination against God’s love and compassion.

39. What a creep!

40. Is Rabbi Levin the Jewish version of Stephen Green or the Marantha community?

It’s difficult for me, not being a Jewish New Yorker, how to take this guy. Is he a freak like our Stephen Green or someone who really has a following in Orthodox Judism?

Why can’t these guys be outlawed. This is more than freedom of speech and more like an encouragement to torture..The guy is mad! Is he intending carrying out this castration at the same time they cirumcise boys???…what is it with Jews that they wat to interter with a boys private parts and then dress them up in a big hat, black clothes and make them eat kosher food…..

1. Yes, he is Orthodox Judaism’s answer to Stephen Green. Apparently, there’s a tiny American Orthodox Jewish Right whose role is to act as Orthodox Jewish cheerleaders for the US Christian Right- although interestingly enough, they don’t have a major following in Israel, where there’s much more synagogue/state seperation.

2. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:18am

He’s as Kosher as a Melton Mowbray pork pie.

41. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:20am

The comments by this Rabbi are shocking in their level of hatred. Really shocking.

However, what is also extremely unpleasant is the anti-semitism on this board. The quick and ready reference to Hitler and the gas murder of millions of Jews shows an underlying view that Jews are somehow inferior and not entitled to speak – in a very similar manner by that expressed by this Rabbi towards gays.

It is a great benefice that the Front National is weak in England, unlike in many countries on the continent, including France. Some of the comments above, however, would not be out of place in a FN meeting.

By all means criticise the disgraceful words of this Rabbi but comments such as Hitler “curing” Jews or of Judaism’s “hideous roots” are beyond reasonable.

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 10 Feb 2012, 11:09am

“The quick and ready reference to Hitler and the gas murder of millions of Jews shows an underlying view that Jews are somehow inferior and not entitled to speak ”

These comment are reference to the fact that Jews were subject to these abuses alongside homosexuals and should know better than to discriminate against a body of people.

The persecuted are becoming the persecutor.

1. De Villiers believes in ‘god’ by the way.

Just so you all know – in case you mistakenly thought you were speaking to a rational person.

1. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:47pm

Religion is outside rationality. Like any great art.

1. Are you defending the obscene barbarism to be found in all three religions, de Villiers?! You compare religion to great art? hello??

2. Oh dear, now someone who denounces clear anti semitism is getting attacked by the regular antisemitic attack dog in these parts ‘dAVID’.

What IS your problem!?

1. Paddyswurds 15 Feb 2012, 9:57pm

@Dan…
            ….what exactly is wrong with anti-semitism. A legitimate and healthy scepticism has been ruled by one fictional cults as somehow beyond free speech….pffft. All religion is anathema to the well being of this planet and the life forms thereon. The soonest all religion is cast to the dustbin of history the better for this planet.

2. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:46pm

It is disturbing to group together all Jews and strands of Jewish opinion to brand them as ‘the persecutor’. The reduction of the many Jews to one concept of ‘the Jew’ was a central feature of German anti-semitism

3. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:21am

You can probably say that they are already the persecutors in the way they have occupied the West Back and Gaza. The treatment of the Palestinians leave a lot to be desired. Can you imaging how bad things would have been in Northern Ireland if we sealed off all the Catholic areas and stopped them from going about their daily lives?

1. de Villiers 11 Feb 2012, 8:56pm

That conflates all Jews with being ‘a Jew’ and Jews with Israelis.

2. “The quick and ready reference to Hitler and the gas murder of millions of Jews shows an underlying view that Jews are somehow inferior and not entitled to speak”

No, it doesn’t, stop being so histrionic and over reactionary.

What it says is that some people of the Jewish community/faith are so bloody short-sighted as to forget their own persecuted history t the hands of those who would use chemicals to “do gods work”, and in doing so feel entitled to persecute others.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, and this man is a heinous example of it. There is nothing anti-Semitic about pointing out the disturbing similarities between what he is proposing and the SAME “cure” that was proposed by Hitler.

Get off your high horse de Villers and grow up.

1. de Villiers 10 Feb 2012, 8:43pm

You can make your point without childish insults but that is what comes with freedom of speech. The murder and forcible experimentation on Jews and gays was a shocking period of European history. No-one doubts that, I hope.

However, reference to the “hideous roots” of Judaism or the quick reference to Hitler – which is by the way a particularly English and American habit, shows a lack of appreciation for the behaviour of the Nzais and a view that Jews almost deserve to live in a state of continual fear and to be continually grateful serfs for having being liberated.

1. Paddyswurds 11 Feb 2012, 12:32pm

@DeVilliers…
          ……what utter rubbish……. What is wrong with pointing out the “hideous roots of Judaism. Moses if he actually ever exited was vile as was Abraham…men who advocated rape of girls as young as 9 or 10. If you are going to pontificate know of what you preach.

1. de Villiers 11 Feb 2012, 8:57pm

If you think there is nothing wrong with using that language then that is more a reflection on you than me.

2. “You can make your point without childish insults but that is what comes with freedom of speech.”

I make a perfectly good point, its you who has the tantrums here. The rest of your response was utter rubbish that is one of your classic boo-hoo’s, sorry. Grow up and get your knickers out of that twist they’re in.

1. de Villiers 13 Feb 2012, 12:03pm

As I said below, I have had no tantrums. I note your point and disagree with it. Perhaps you should dismount your low (brow) horse.

2. “I note your point and disagree with it.

No, you made childish attacks because you disagree. I suggest you give the endless and tiresome patronisation a rest in lieu of a more civilised discourse, it might make you somewhat less distasteful in civilised society.

2. DeVilliers, Will has not made any childish insults at you, in fact has a genuine opinion on the comparison between what was done to gay men in the camps and what this rabbi is calling for, so why the aggressive bullying? You talk about freedom of speech, but only when it agrees with you it seems. Otherwise its attacks in the form of lies, is it?

1. de Villiers 13 Feb 2012, 12:02pm

I have engaged in no aggressive bullying. I have not told anyone to get off a high horse or used similarly ad-hominem attack. The first rudeness was that of Will inviting me to get of a high horse and to grow up – which demonstrates intolerance and an ability to reply without losing one’s temper.

42. Has he forgotten Auschwitz and Dr Mengele?

43. What a vile bigot – just evil through and through.
    Another case of a deluded human, believing he is going his version of gods work.
    It makes me so angry.
    Although not a religious person myself – I know many who are and they are quite happy that I am happy living with my male partner .. it just tends to give the many a bad name through the few!!!

44. Who cares what he thinks. He’s nothing in my world

1. No but he is a lot in different peoples world, some of them might even be LGBT, a bit of empathy.

45. I think there is a God of Love,Peace, Compassion & Justice but many of the “man” made religions that allegedly worship that Deity defy all science and reason. They teach and preach dangerously ignorant, deluded and toxic dogmas and I believe this man is a good example of that premise.

46. proud Jewish male 10 Feb 2012, 1:14pm

The danger for all is that we end up falling into the same trap that we accuse others of. We should not stereotype because he does. I always think that the easiest way to determine if something is offensive is to change the reference to an equivalent for your own group. Hence change “gay” to “jew” he’d understand. But unfortunately he will not understand for so many reasons. His bigotry is so ingrained that he would not even realise what he said was vile. He regards homosexuality as an abomination to God. He is someone who should be pitied as a sociopath as he does not know how stupid he is.

47. Men bullying others – All religions have been ‘set-up’ by men who dictate to their communities what they consider right and wrong based on their own limited minds – and the mind which is singularly closed is the mind of the superstitious – The Grand wizard of Oz is the best example of a fake which perfectly relates to every organsided ‘faith’ – you’d think the Jews above all would have learned from history about hatred and discrimination – Gods chosen people by fat hairy ass!

48. Not content with the ritual mutilation of every boy’s penis, he now wants to castrate people.

49. Once again, another example of the previously persecuted being the first in line to persecute others? There seems to be a pattern here.

It seems that persecution doesn’t confer tolerance for other groups, rather the opposite?

1. Unfortunately that is something our own community engage in too … persecuting having been persecuted (or being persecuted).

50. Does anyone in this century actually listen to people like this? Shouldn’t he be on a street corner with a sandwich board and selling pencils from a cup?

51. I remember when someone else had the idea of ridding the world of certain kinds of people using chemicals. That didn’t work out very well for the Rabbi’s people, did it?

52. johnny33308 11 Feb 2012, 4:41am

Perhaps we could cure the poor rabbi of his bigotry and prejudice with chemicals? How would that be, then?

53. GingerlyColors 11 Feb 2012, 7:35am

A lot has been said about Islam and Christianity on these pages due to the large numbers of bigots from both faiths condeming homosexuality. Don’t forget that there are gay Christians and gay Muslims, that some Catholic countries allow gay marriages and not all Muslim countries criminalize homosexuality. Likewise I would like to stress that most Jews do not have an issue with gay people, there isn’t a single Jewish country that outlaws gays and that we should not allow anti-Semitism on the pages because of some clown who makes up just 1% of his people. We cannot afford to be anti-Semitic because our both of our recent histories.

1. Paddyswurds 11 Feb 2012, 12:15pm

There isn’t a “single Jewish country” except Israel period

54. I never knew Osama had a twin!

55. deluded old man if anybody needs curing its him and his deluded outdated beliefs gay rights will win old man and you know it.

56. The only thing this rabbi forgot in his proposal was to suggest that gays should be made to wear pink triangles.

57. Ginette Lafleur 29 Feb 2012, 4:26pm

And they complain about concentration camps……. Sh*t wasn’t what they were doing there…. chemicals and experiencing?

58. They tried to cure Jewishness with chemicals too once.