First US Congressman to come out freely to marry partner

1. I aint saying he’s a gold digger

1. I am glad you are not saying that.

2. Miguel Sanchez 27 Jan 2012, 3:17pm

Just what the hell are you saying then?

Personally I say good for him and I hope he and his partner are very happy together.

2. Tom Cotner 27 Jan 2012, 1:09pm

This is wonderful news, and I dearly hope that Rep. Frank plays the whole political aspect to the hilt!! If only we had more people such as him in our government, we wouldn’t be considered so “backwoods” by the rest of the world.
    Atta way to go, Barn!

1. Miguel Sanchez 27 Jan 2012, 3:18pm

Good for them and I hope they’re very happy.

3. How does being outed by the male prostitute you hired qualify as coming out voluntarily?

1. Read carefully. Mr. Frank came out publicly in 1987. His relationship with the make prostitute was made public in 1989.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Jan 2012, 1:26pm

Congratulations to Barney Frank and his partner, about time. A rare breed of politician who never backed down or was intimidated by right wing extremists in the republican party. I wish we had people of his calibre in the Tory party.

5. Wonderful ! A real mensch !

Conratulations

6. Christa Lee Hoisington 27 Jan 2012, 2:51pm

Congratulations Mr. Franks. Your service to the country will be missed.

7. Miguel Sanchez 27 Jan 2012, 3:20pm

I hope they’re really happy. Way to go Barney

8. Congratulations Barney & Jim..

Life begins when you’re in love.. :)

9. My blessings and love. You have the rest :)

1. Next time I see a photo of him, or when he makes a political speech I will find it difficult not to think what else he is doing with his mouth

1. Couldn’t you be a bit more specific?

10. God Bless Barney and his partner, may they live long and prosper and God Bless America where they can have people of the same sex who are political leaders get married.

11. Christians will come on here and say bad things to try and upset gays, just down vote them out.

12. jamestoronto 28 Jan 2012, 5:54pm

All the best to Barney & Jim.

13. GingerlyColors 29 Jan 2012, 6:51am

A lot gets mentioned here about homophobia in the USA. While we hear bad stories from the Bible Belt and the conservative mid-west states, it is usually good news from the north-east and New England region. Don’t forget that the USA is a huge country and the distance from New York to LA is greater than the distance from London to Athens and even within the EU there are political, social and religious differences regarding gay rights just as in America. The important thing however is that both the European Parliament and the US Supreme courts have struck down any state, regional or national laws criminalizing homosexuality.