Tunisian Interior Minister in a gay sex video scandal

1. The nearest the UK gets to this sort of thing is Chris Bryant’s Gaydar profile pic in the Daily Mail! The political effect of which was………….nothing! Who cares!

2. elmiboun dima miboun 23 Jan 2012, 12:12am

the video is fake and everybody in Tunisia knows it is fake. The old regime did several of these videos with a number of political personalities, man and women…This is a whole 1000 words of spin…

1. The video is actually correct and not fake – members of the Ennahda party themselves have come out and justified what happened saying it was a tactic. On top of it, you should change your name or not be in this type of group since you are a homophic sicko yourself…

1. No man! Did you see the video processing made by a Tuniso-American guy ? He showed a lot of fake things :)

So please shut up and sleep ;)

3. GingerlyColors 23 Jan 2012, 1:15am

Last year I doubted if things will be better for gays in the Middle East following the Arab Spring uprisings, with one reply even questioning which planet I came from! Older people will know how much worse gay life has become in Iran following their 1979 revolution and I doubt if things will improve in other countries with Islamist parties now getting the upper hand. I would be delighted if just one of these countries prove me right and accept that certain things happen behind closed doors and repeal the laws that prevent people from enjoying their private lives. Tunisia, the ball is in your court.

1. GingerlyColors 23 Jan 2012, 1:16am

Whoops, I meant that I would be delighted if just one of those countries prove me wrong!

1. Christine Beckett 23 Jan 2012, 9:56am

They won’t prove you wrong, honey….. :-(

2. They won’t prove you wrong I’m afraid. The more religions are compelled to face science and logic the more homophobic they become. It’s one of their remaining bulwarks against reality.

2. ..er…. Gregory Colins?

1. GingerlyColors 25 Jan 2012, 6:43am

Well you are good with you anagrams, by the way there are two ‘l’s in Collins. Go to Google and type in ‘anagram software’ and you probably can download a program that scrambles your name.

4. cybernoelie 23 Jan 2012, 1:19am

It never ceases to amaze me that Pink News steals so many stories – they never ever attribute anything to anyone.

5. cybernoelie 23 Jan 2012, 1:24am

(sorry ‘mobile browser malfunction) and the one time they mention someone (they mentioned him as if he worked for them) the story is complete nonsense.

6. Hets trying to score political points by out “Fag!”ging each other.

{Disgusted}

7. Steven Vefry 23 Jan 2012, 9:15am

The video turned out to be fake.

8. no way they will get my money
    i will spend it in liberal countries not hat full muslim dominated ones. just feel sad for the 10%+ of LGBT there , for they deserve freedom

9. It was proved by a Tunisian living in New York, expert in video processing.

That was complete fake when you see it pict by pict, it was between a man and a woman, and they replaced it by Larayedh’s face adding blurring FX and some other things.

That expert took live a video from Ben Ali speechs and put it instead of Larayedh.

So please everyone shut up and sleep!

10. Monty Crisco 24 Jan 2012, 12:50pm

Well, as Stu says elsewhere, I think we should see the video evidence on YouTube before coming to any conclusions ;)

1. If it is him in it, not sure I want to see it …

11. I can’t possibly comment without having seen the video… does anyone have a link?

12. Jeanette Kiss 14 Feb 2012, 10:11am

Well, the Islamist guy’s video is quite credibly real. This kind of ultra-religious and ultra-conservative politicians are the most pervert in all. We have seen similar examples of ultra-Christian US politicians who were leading a parallel life as secret-queers.