Gays “sorry for cheapening marriage” after US politician’s “affair”

1. I’m puzzled by the first sentence, can someone explain what it’s supposed to mean?

1. Never mind, now I get it :)

2. I had laughed my bum off when I first read this on another site that I couldn’t remember the name of. I wonder what Ms. Koch is up to now…

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 23 Dec 2011, 10:52am

up to her neck in her staffer’s cum?

1. Don’t be ridiculous! I’m sure there is a layer of clingfilm to keep her Republican freshness.

3. Amy Koch just got pwned!
    The letter brilliantly satarises the non-sequiter logic and hypocrisy of “someone gay I never met just got married so my marriage is going down the pan.”

4. Great letter – certainly gets the message across.

5. Christine Beckett 23 Dec 2011, 11:03am

Clever…

But I just bet someone out there will misinterpret the humour.. :-)

6. Could someone forward this letter to Iris Robinson?

1. I doubt she’d get it, though. After all, we’ve been informed that God has forgiven her.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:27am

Yep, convienent eh?

7. Deliciously snarky. Ms Koch (who didn’t snicker at that?) you got served.

8. Well done, Mr Medeiros – funny and splendidly sharp.

The sanctimonious hypocrisy of so many American (and other) politicians is really beyond belief sometimes. But oh, how very enjoyable the Schadenfreude is when they are shown up!

9. Guess Mrs Koch should have spent less time preventing couples who are gay from getting married, and more time with her husband working on family values. The more righteous they are, the harder then fall.

1. I love smart people…way to go John!

10. Great letter, we need more of that when our own religious bigots and politicians opposing same-sex marriage spew their venom. The Daily Mail’s Melanie Phillips is so deserving of just such a letter.

1. yeah but she’d probably miss the sarcasim entirely ;)

2. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:28am

Indeed we do Robert… indeed we do.

11. Helen Wilson 23 Dec 2011, 1:00pm

So when will we be seeing the public stoning of Amy Koch?

We want it in full HD and in 3D *looks at picture of Koch* maybe they better just put it on the radio,

1. I can’t wait! I will certainly attend the event! It’s in the bible after all so it means that this is exactly what god would want. In fact I am sure that Mrs Koch will already be making preparations herself as she is such a fine upstanding member of the community. Her only wish is to show the world how important marriage is and how the sanctity of the institution between one man and one woman must never be endangered. She will of course want to make an example of herself to show the young children what a woman should do in such a situation.

2. Miguel Sanchez 23 Dec 2011, 3:13pm

Helen, I have tickets on sale. Hehehehehehehe

3. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:29am

My popcorn’s gone off waiting…

12. Wonderful letter! It strikes just the right note to show the hypocrisy of these heterosexual married legislators when they get so high and mighty about the sanctity of ‘their’ marriage.

1. Miguel Sanchez 23 Dec 2011, 3:16pm

I guess she hasn’t realized that straights stray faster the we gays do. I wonder what her husband had to say about her little affair?

13. Cambodia Guesthouse 23 Dec 2011, 1:28pm

Dripping carcasm from every line…. LOVE IT!

14. For me, Wanda Sykes summed it up in her stand up routine. “If you don’t believe in same sex marriage, then don’t marry someone of the same sex.” “I don’t think same-sex couples, I don’t think that’s the biggest threat to marriage. I think the biggest threat to marriage is divorce.”

15. Love it.

Fabulous letter … I hope many people adapt and reuse it for the deviances of other bigots intending to continue to prevent us from exercising rights ..

16. GingerlyColors 23 Dec 2011, 2:07pm

If anybody wants to see the cheapening of marriage they should go to Las Vegas where weddings have become tacky. As well as tacky themed weddings in the little white chapels or couples getting married on top of roller coasters they even have drive-through weddings where engaged couples drive up, the registrar hands them papers through the window and after signing them they drive off legally married.
    If and when I find Mr. Right I know of a good pub to get married (or CP-d) in and have the reception plus spend the night there.

17. Father Ted 23 Dec 2011, 2:57pm

Merry Christmas dear Amy, may you have learned some humility this year.

18. johnny33308 23 Dec 2011, 3:01pm

She’s probably enjoying some pork right now, in fact. I wonder which pig it’s from?

19. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Dec 2011, 3:39pm

Actually, this sort of double-standard by hypocrites such as Koch are going to make it that much harder for right wing “christofascists” to say that same-sex marriage harms marriage. Heterosexuals are already doing a damn good job as evidenced by Koch and the likes of her compatriot in arms, serial adulter arch conservative catholic convert Newt Gingrich.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 23 Dec 2011, 3:40pm

…serial adulterer I meant to have said.

20. Patrick Lilley 23 Dec 2011, 3:47pm

I hate to be pedantic about the Bible – but surely Ms Koch and her partner should be put to death “Leviticus 20:10 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

One law for the goose and one law for the gander?

I wonder what she says about that?

1. Probably the tried and tested fundie excuse:
      – Oh, that was Mosaic law!
      – You mean it was taken literally in the age of the Old testament as layed down by Moses and shouldn’t be taken seriously in these more enlightened times?
      – Of course not, I mean Mosaic as in a collage we made up of lots of broken fragments of the bible we can stick together and selectively edit any way we like to make a picture that suits our personal tastes…

1. Ha ha – very true

21. Ouch, hope the irony doesn’t go over too many heads.

22. Oh dear, you have just reminded me, now this god fearing woman will have to be stoned to death. A tad severe but that’s what the good book says;-(

23. Haha I loved the letter ,it shows how Selfish and ignorant these people are .

Me wonders ,did she read all of the letter,I’ve got a feeling she read parts are threw the letter away ,as it might of touched a nerve .

24. She successfully got the antigay amendment on the 2012 ballot. Please update the story.

1. I’m a Christian and I’m a church goer. I must not have laugh as I did when I read this letter, but this bitch is well served indeed. I still read and read again this letter and I have even send it to a gay friend priest. I bet he will be delighted.

thank you Mr. Medeiros for this wonderful letter, you made my day and some others.

25. floridahank 28 Dec 2011, 10:42pm

ARTICLE: ” the time you wasted diligently writing legislation that would forever seal the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman, could have been more usefully spent reshaping the legal definition of “adultery.”
    RESPONSE: What she did has no relevancy to the true meaning of marriage between a man and woman as portrayed spiritually in Christianity and Judiasm. The sins of mankind do not dimninish the established truth of marriage as seen in a true religious atmosphere.

ARTICLE: “Forgive us. As you know, we are not church-going people, so we are unable to fully appreciate that “gay marriage” is incompatible with Christian values, despite the fact that those values carry a biblical tradition of adultery such as yours. We applaud you for keeping that tradition going.”
    RESPONSE: Her behavior has nothing to do with true Christianity and punishing sins of all types of behavior. If she is God-fearing, she’ll have to face her spiritual consequences.

ARTICLE:”…that the entire world is looking at you in shame and disappointment instead of minding its own business.’
    RESPONSE; I don’t know if this lady is a Christian, but we as Christians see her as a sinner who needs to repent for her sin, and sin no more, as Jesus said on more than one occasion to sinners of all kinds.

1. Biblical marriage:

2. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:31am

Must be good to find things that suit your assumptions, no facts mind.

26. the true meaning of marriage between a man and woman as portrayed spiritually in Christianity and Judiasm.??

What exactly does that mean? Judaism? The marriages of the Patriarch Jacob, for example? Or Abraham and his, er, complicated family life?

“Spiritual meaning of marriage between one man and one woman”, my arse!

1. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:33am

I doubt he knows. Facts aren’t their strong point only assumptions.

27. Jock S. Trap 1 Jan 2012, 11:26am

Whats worrying is some somewhere will take this ironic letter and take it as fact, you just know it.

Did laugh with this. It’s certain a highlight to the hypocrites esp when they don’t and can’t ‘play’ by their own rules. Sad isn’t it.

Clearly we have better to offer.