Mississippi mayor’s gay shop receipts force him to come out

1. johnny33308 16 Dec 2011, 5:19pm

GOOD! What an evil coward and an evil hypocrite as well! He’s very likely a RepubliKKKan, or as I call them, The (American) Taliban since those two groups seem to have pretty much the same agenda….go figure….

1. hey johnny the world is not split into just good and evil…time you come to that realisation

2. de Villiers 19 Dec 2011, 8:41pm

You are stupid to compare a democratically elected politician to the Taliban or KKk.

1. Ward and George in Hawaii 19 Dec 2011, 11:16pm

Thank you Senator Bilbo!

3. It is time for all LGBT people to come out of the closet if we are to win the war against hate and ignorance about LGBT people. Maybe gays don’t know it but the Catholic and Christians Church are working with governments to destroy them or put them back in the closet. The Christians and governments war is real only they are using psychological warfare against the LGBT people and sad to say they are winning. You might not see it but they are doing it covertly, which is what psychological warfare is about. Google psychological warfare and how they do it and learn how to fight back and defend yourself. If you don’t they will win and if you think your gay life is bad now it will get a whole lot worse. Read your gay history and see what they did to gays down through history, it did happen and it can happen and if we don’t fight back it will happen again. Now is the time to break free of the oppression of Christians and Catholics and the governments who work with them to oppress LGBT people.

2. Isn’t it revealing that in the majority of these cases, it’s almost always a republican, very few democrats. It shows which party is the party of oppression.

1. Pastor Rich N. fat 16 Dec 2011, 5:59pm

Well don’t leave us in suspense…

1. de Villiers 19 Dec 2011, 8:42pm

More like in suspenders.

3. Pastor Rich N. fat 16 Dec 2011, 6:01pm

The number of Republican gay bashers who are actually closet cases is now so way beyond a joke, it’s more of a presumptive rule.

1. My view is that the only people who hate gay people are the closet cases or their families like Michele bauchman married to that glitter queen. when he gets outed it will probably be found balls deep with a rent boy in a cottage

4. What a massive idiot.

5. ”I was not honest enough with myself to be honest with them” –
    That should be the new Republican Party mantra – oooh sweet sweet justice

6. johnny33308 16 Dec 2011, 6:51pm

This is to Pink News: you used the term “gay life style”…there is no such thing as a gay life style…that term is used by Bigots every day to imply that being gay is some sort of a choice, and I hear it every day here in the US…you would be well advised to remove that term from your lexicon, or we GAYS just might think YOU are a bigot. It is a VERY DEROGATORY term filled with prejudice…and to see it here used by staff is much more than disappointing, I must say…did Mr. Tatchell write this? NOT amusing….

1. Johnny, “gay lifestyle” was in quotes – I think Pink News was quoting the receipt or some other document.

1. johnny33308 17 Dec 2011, 2:57am

OK Chris, I hope so…it would be sad indeed if this site used such a term…..thanks, you are likely correct, I hope. I hate being so sensitive but I live in the South and the bigotry here is outrageous. It makes one a bit more sensitive that we might ordinarily be, I’m afraid…and I’ve been fighting bigotry of one sort or another since I was 5 yrs old and I’m now 60 and I am SO very tired of this crap, but I will continue to fight it until I die…thanks again Chris…peace…

2. “did Mr. Tatchell write this? NOT amusing….”

Really Johnny? Nice rant shame you don’t understand quotation marks

1. johnny33308 17 Dec 2011, 2:58am

oooops! so crucify me then….

2. johnny33308 17 Dec 2011, 3:06am

Quotes usually have an attribution IF they are quotes…there is no attribution and so one can interpret that any way one chooses…and I cannot imagine that quote appearing on any receipt, and it was not indicated that it came from anyone or anything so one must reasonable conclude it came from the source of the article itself…the term is not used anywhere in the article, so exactly whose quote is it? Do YOU know? Enlighten me then……

1. Quotation marks are not just used for quotations Johnny google it if you seek “enlightenment”. <——Oh look not a quotation…

2. The receipt was from the shop Priape, which describes itself on its website as “Canada’s premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop”.

7. ‘I was not honest enough with myself to be honest with them’ –
    The Republican Party’s New Mantra
    on their supporters

8. douglas in canada 16 Dec 2011, 10:31pm

It’s just too bad these people wouldn’t start to be honest BEFORE they are found lying, cheating, stealing, etc.

Still, at least he’s out now.

I wonder if he’ll stay in office.

1. jamestoronto 16 Dec 2011, 11:25pm

Not likely. Not in Mississippi anyway.

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 17 Dec 2011, 2:41am

He will get a whuppin………

And no doubt thoroughly enjoy it.

9. carrie baker 17 Dec 2011, 1:11am

Now that he is out he needs to get his ass out there fightiing for the human rights of lgbt teens and their families, he needs to make sure thier is a teen al forney center and shelter for them that need it for saftey and protections, he needs to lend his pen to every legislation for lgbt protections and create legislation if he doesnt see and get about civil rights man, this is your life and your business and familiy that bigots keeps harrassing and abusing, You dont have any business as an official hidden and not helping in civil rights and human rights even if you were not gay, the nation is in a horrific, abusive state because of these bigoted monsters, childrens livves and happiness are at stake, and they must have mentors who care about them and not hiding behind a desk and ;a big pay check and watching other minorites are wounded soul be over looked you fight for womens rights, disabled , veterrans , seniors, lgbt, minorities who are victumized , this is a nations atrocity,

1. de Villiers 19 Dec 2011, 8:43pm

An atrocity, you say?

10. GingerlyColors 17 Dec 2011, 6:40am

The phrase ‘Sold down the river’ originated from the slave trade. Slaves were sometimes sold to plantations further down the Mississippi where conditions were worse hence the phrase.
    I hope that with the Republican Party being full of closeted gays (as well as their openly gay Log Cabin Republicans), they will stop selling gays down the river.
    Also, it was believed that the Republican President Abraham Lincoln who was born in a log cabin and abolished slavery was gay.
    For Electric Six’s take on the subject see:

11. The one thing that really puzzles me here. He was found out after he put in expenses claims for items bought in a “gay shop in Toronto”. What the hell was he buying there that could be put through on expenses? Stationery?

Or was it that he’d reached a point where deep down he wanted to be found out?

12. R Clarke Cooper of the gay Log Cabin Republicans group, told CA: “What would be helpful to the mayor is if the community recognizes that he is still the same person. This is a part of who he is that people just didn’t know.”

Yesh a backstabbing 2 faced cocksuking rightwing pig who would see us dead to have kept his secret.

I hope he dies alone in pain

1. Whoever -1 me remember these are the guys who will beat or kill us. only the closet cases hate us. Most straight men think less competition

13. WOW! Yet anothe’family values’ politician hiding in the closet. I’m so shocked! Yeah, right.

14. And now yet another republican senate majority leader in Minnesota, Amy Koch, has been caught with her nickers down in an adulterous affair with a “family” man. She apparently was a proponent of a ban on same-sex marriage in her state and ran on a family values ticket. Nice to see a republican woman for a change come apart at the seams. Oh the hypocrisy of these bloody republicans and their fake values in pandering to the dumbest of their constituents.

15. Proof the south has Christian gays in politics, like that Perry guy, he also is a little to anti gay which is proof he is gay and in the closet like a lot of politicians in America. Everybody know Michelle Bachmann’s husband Mark is also deep in the closet, so much so he has to prove he is not gay by forcing other gays to “not be gay”.

16. Oh, the dreary predictability of it all.

17. I like the part where the Log Cabin Republicans say they hope the community realizes he is still the same person….the same person that “misused” over $170,000 for personal use?? Gay or straight, the man has no morals and is stealing from the taxpayers.

18. tomchicago 19 Dec 2011, 5:14am

Well, of course he continues to be a “very conservative” individual. The only problem is that he was very conservatively honest…and that is an increasingly unsurprising stance–not necessarily a wide stance, just an unsurprising one.

19. de Villiers 19 Dec 2011, 8:45pm

The UK and America really have a strange link between the Right and closest homosexuality.

20. Time and time and time again, those who blow the loudest horns about strong morality/ ‘Family Values’ are exposed as just overcompensating for their own self-loathing. What a cheek for Davis to say that he has “tried to maintain separation between my personal and public life” when he has been funding a lavish personal lifestyle by using his position to shaft the taxpayer.
    Amused to read elsewhere Davis’ claim that he can’t remember what he spent $67. on in the shop. Oh, I think you can remember alright…

21. It would be interesting to find out what this guy’s voting record has been in the past.