“Virulently homophobic” pastor on sabbatical after wife files for divorce

1. seems like this one is reaping what he sows….a few-fold…..looks good on him!

2. He who liveth by the sword…

1. Would that be the porky sword by any chance :-)

3. vversatile 5 Dec 2011, 11:47am

He’ll have a lot more free time to spend with teenage boys now

4. I believe the latest on him is that his wife has withdrawn her divorce petition. If I was a cynic, I would wonder about money being involved, and agreements being made to be on the “down low”. If I was a cynic, I would certainly think that. As for the pastor himself – the perfect example of the closeted gay man who really only likes it if he can get his jollies off the “forbidden”, which is why he hates confident out gay men who threaten his fetish and will take his toys away.

1. FYI, She did withdraw, then immediately filed it again.

1. I stand corrected, I see that her lawyer made a statement on Saturday. Anyone else get the sense of a slow-moving train wreck?! I wonder how annoyed she will get and what she might say…..

5. these homophobic people,I’d love to know what goes through their heads,I bet majority of them would love to have sex with someone of the same sex .

And that’s why they throw abuse to Out Gay People ,because it’s something we’ve got what they want ,it’s more like if I can’t have it they you shouldn’t either .

1. Yep, more than likely a case of internalised homophobia combined with sour grapes.
      I sometimes think the tragedy is these evangelist homophobe closet cases get religion before they know which way they swing, by which time they’ve already bought into the zealotry and dogma.

1. You’d think by going into Religion that these people would become more happy with less /or no hatred ?

Go figure .

2. Staircase2 5 Dec 2011, 6:35pm

Generally speaking they dont ‘get’ religion- religion gets THEM…

Nor do they ‘get’ religion even then….

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

The bloody idiot deserves what he’s got – if only because of the virtriol he’s spouted about gay people over the years.

Let him taste some of his own bitterness fully for once…

Even if its not true about his sexuality, he is tormented by his own beliefs on homosexuality – which is perfect Karma in action…(hoisted by his own petard)

6. Yep…..Cast no stones Pastor. I guess your God saw fit to judge you and maybe teach you a lesson. Bummer!

1. Bummer being the appropriate exclamation in the circumstances!

7. Frankly anyone who even listens to such a–holes gets exactly what they deserve.

8. He does look good in a tight Tshirt though.

9. Well of course he’s being divorced.

No surprises here, he’s a weak minded closet case… just like Keith. No smoke without fire, and all that….

10. like all preachers
    do as i say not as i do

11. I wonder if he is a product of the ex-gay movement. He certainly fits the bill.

12. douglas in canada 5 Dec 2011, 2:18pm

Another example of:
    “If he were the only christian I had ever met, I would choose hell in an instant, and not only that, I’d preach hell as the preferred alternative.”
    (that is, if i even believed that hell existed…)

13. jamestoronto 5 Dec 2011, 2:34pm

Looks like one of the stones he cast came right back to crash through his own glass house. His lies and hypocrisy will pull him even further into the mire. and he’ll end up in the smallest footnotes of history — if at all.

14. This guy and Ted Haggard and others like them are all part of god’s way of saying he disapproves of homophobia.
    What a gift they are

15. Long once led a march through the streets of Atlanta (Georgia), and described homosexuality as a ‘spiritual abortion’.

Pity people like him cannot keep up with the tremendous research into the ambisexual nature of human beings.

16. God is repaying him for his attacks on LGBT people, when he is in fact having sex with young black men, he is a closet gay. His wife knows the truth and so do these young men. Instead of preaching to help LGBT blacks he attacks them, yet another way God repays evil in Christians. Again his wife left him for knowing her husband is gay/bisexual, you are right Matt he is reaping what he sows, I see a lot of reaping coming for these evil Christians for the harm and damage they have done to LGBT people. When blacks are dieing in record numbers of HIV/AIDS he needs to come out of the closet and help save the lives of these gay blacks by getting the black community to come together to work with and love LGBT people and work with them to help stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. It seems that it is now up to LGBT people to teach these lost Christians how to “love one another” and become the new church that helps people to come together and help one another no matter who or what they are for Jesus.

1. Staircase2 5 Dec 2011, 6:37pm

Can I remind you that both ‘gay’ and ‘black’ are adjectives – not nouns…
      in order for them to work properly they need a noun on the end – like ‘people’….

17. I hope the wife takes him for EVERYTHING he has ….. a little poverty would be good for his soul!!!
    It’s always the mouthy homophobes who have most to hide!!!!!

18. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 5 Dec 2011, 6:34pm

I never read about this! Ha ha ha… ha ha ha! Buying sexual gratification with cars and holidays whilst being a homophobic godsucker will always come back to bite the mighty wrongdoer and his spiritual ass – and Lo! we will laugh. At least his wife has seen sense and left this sad dupe. Isn’t it funny that Long settled out of court rather than having his innocence proved by trial?! I feel sorry for the poor boys he did this to, and his wife – but a few zeros in the bank will make it all much better. What a blessing to us miscreant inverts and deviants to have yet another story of righteous duplicity, hallelu… cough.

19. Hells Bells Eddie, what about all those tithes? You will miss them after the missis has finished with you in the divorce court.

Actually I would sympathise were it not for the hypocritical homophobia.

20. ….and then she finally saw the light!

21. Whenever there is an article about some (usually religious) bigoted nut venting their homophobic bile, I think most of us look at our watches and think, “only a matter of time….”

22. Spanner1960 6 Dec 2011, 12:40am

What I find amusing is this is by no means a one-off. A surprising number of religious leaders, politicians and people with large followings that seem to virulently mouth off against gay people end up getting caught with their pants down.

One wonders if the continuing homophobic nature of much of society is to blame for this, in that it actually breeds homophobes out of gay men.

1. Have thought of this many times myself. It occurs to me that perhaps most homophobic attitudes are, at core at least, might be stirred up by these weak minded closet case nuts. Its always seems to be the most anti-gay are the ones cruising a park at 3am….

1. Course by that time in the morning some of them look a bit ‘Haggard’!

2. All of a sudden our incest-obsessed new friend Keith comes to mind. Don’t ask me why.

1. Yeah, its a bit too obvious with Keith, especially with his own confession of “being reformed” – that’s code for “I’m a big queer in denial so watch me pretend to hate all thing gay in case you figure it out”

23. Good on her – poor thing would have suffered though a sex less marriage.

24. Jock S. Trap 6 Dec 2011, 11:47am

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear… how the mighty bigots fall!

25. I know I should really pity this individual, but the fat smug face of this professional hypocrite generates nothing but schadenfreude in me.

26. jamestoronto 6 Dec 2011, 1:42pm

“Judge not lest ye be judged” never rang more true. He should have paid more attention to the teachings of his own religion and worried less about the private lives of others. Karma comes to mind.

1. A warning to our friend Keith, I think.

27. Jock S. Trap 18 Dec 2011, 10:22am

Oh how the mighty bigotted closet cases fall!
    Disgusting man. Harmed so many with his ways. Hypocrites can never hide.