Canadian regional tourism board accidentally “bans” gay adverts for China

1. Misscomunication maybe but it aint million miles from the truth.

2. Holy Smokes!!!!! I remember reading about this 2 weeks ago. Talk about current.

-Canadian

1. To be fair …. this is the first I heard of it this side of the pond …

1. maybe because it doesn’t really deserve to be “news”? it’s a stupid misunderstanding regarding the use of the word “may”.

3. jamestoronto 25 Nov 2011, 10:00pm

Deja vu.

4. GingerlyColors 26 Nov 2011, 6:39am

I just can’t help noticing the advert on the left of the Canadian article about the clay fridge to stop food rotting in Sudan. Maybe we should ban adverts for aid to countries like Sudan while they continue to hang gays and throw the teddy out of the pram everytime someone commits a faux pax.

1. Yes let the children starve for their parents ignorance. dickhead

1. GingerlyColors 27 Nov 2011, 3:10pm

I apologise if my comments have upset you but the truth about foreign aid is that it usually ends up in the wrong hands. Take the president of Uganda (who also want to hang gays) for example. He spent £25million pounds of foreign aid money on a private jet for himself. Now starving children cannot eat a jet plane. A guest on a chat show hosted by Dr. David Starkey once said that foreign aid is the redistribution of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. If I knew that my money is going to be spent properly, I would put my hand into my pocket straight away. Instead I make a weekly donation through GAYE (That is Give As You Earn) to Barnardos where I know it is going to help children.

5. Is this another incident for all the militants to scream “homophobia!!!!”?

It’s a marketing thing; to get the most profitable response. Not even worth reporting.

1. china executes arounbd 4000 prisoers a year and they are claims that people are executed forntheir organs, It is know for it human rights abuses of the people in Tibet and Mongolia. it is questionable that a country with such hign morals like Canada would want todo business with china. The reality is that Canada is not such a great place. The destruction of alberta for the tar sands. the clubbing of baby seals for no reason and the fact that immigrants are lied to about the qualifications and doctors end up driving taxis.

1. jamestoronto 27 Nov 2011, 4:19am

Your meanderings and horrible grammar suggests a bit of tipping tonight. Alberta is far from destroyed. I was there 2 years ago and it looked pretty damned healthy to me. Unlike the slag left behind in Wales, all the mining sites have been restored to their original natural habitat. Unlike the senseless running to death of foxes so that it can get ripped to shreds so some spoiled aristocrat can get bloodied, the seal hunt actually provides food and employment. And al immigrants coming here as anywhere in the west are told they will have to qualify licences just like everyone else including Canadians. Immigrants along with native borns have to sit the same exams and pass. Because they passed somewhere else doesn’t give them an automatic licence to practice here. They know that. They are told that. End of.

1. jamestoronto 27 Nov 2011, 4:24am

Slight continuation. The security guard in my building went to school by day, worked in the evenings slept I don’t know when but on Thursday his beaming face said it all. After a year and a half he got his pharmacist (Druggist) licence and a job the same day. No country is the greatest in the world but don’t babble on about something you know little of.

6. The work of Christian infiltrators.