Video: Romney supports “gay rights”, but not gay marriage

1. Nobody can force Romney into a same sex marriage, personally I am not for opposite sex marriage but I know there are opposite sex couples who are in opposite sex marriages or who would like to be, so I’m happy for them to have opposite sex marriages and for same sex couples to have same sex marriages…equal rights is a win win situation.

2. Spanner1960 22 Nov 2011, 2:49pm

You can’t cherry pick discrimination.
    Either you support us or you don’t.
    It’s obvious the man is a Christian and will support us as far as his dubious ethics will allow, but no more, for fear of pissing off his right-wing evangelist voters.

Either support us all the way, or fck off and find somebody that will; politics has no room for fence-sitters and apologists.

1. He’s a mor(m)on

2. Keith – if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

1. Clapping takes two hands.

1. And the mental capacity of working out how to..

2. And to be sober.

3. Spanner1960 22 Nov 2011, 6:19pm

Keith so tell me why gay people cannot marry in most US states?
      Is that discrimination or are you using a different dictionary to me?
      We don’t want “gay” marriage any more than we want gay healthcare or gay pensions.
      It is you who is segregating people, not us.

I would say get your tiny mind around that, but I suspect yours wouldn’t cover an mouse turd.

1. Spanner1960 22 Nov 2011, 11:54pm

Yes, I got it way back, but sadly you didnt.
        You said “gay marriage” – I just said “marriage”
        I do not differentiate between who should be married, you do, therefore it is you who is discriminatory.

Please do not insult other people’s intelligence by playing puerile wordplay and infantile semantics.

2. Hagbard Celine 23 Nov 2011, 3:03am

Under US antimiscegenation laws, both whites and blacks were equally prohibitted from marrying the other. The Supreme Court judged those laws unconstitutional. Go read Loving v. Virginia. The case points out the flaw in your logic Keith.

3. DO NOT ENCOURAGE KEITH.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE

1. Spanner1960 23 Nov 2011, 2:53pm

Oh come on dAVID – if we don’t bite at Keith we will only have you left to rip to shreds
          ;).

3. He’s running for the GOP nomination, for God’s sake. He’ll say the moon’s made of green cheese or that witches fly on broomsticks if he has to. Or even if he hasn’t.

4. What a douche.

So tired of politicians saying i support gay rights and equality but they shouldnt allowed to be married thats not for them >.>

Just be honest your a homophobe

5. I agree with Mitt Romney.

Based on what I read, he is not homophobic and neither am I.

1. Really so gay people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because? And what do you think will happen if gay marriage is legalised?

2. “Based on what I read, he is not homophobic and neither am I.”

Sure you’re not, you just like the idea that everyone should do what you think god tells you they should do, so it validates your life choices and prevent you form facing up to possibility you wasted your entire life (and raison d’être) on a fictitious deity.

Thinking one has the inside track on the divine is bordering on insane, or at the very least, delusional – and thinking that someone else’s marriage will somehow demean, reduce or invalidate your own, is just plain paranoid stupidity.

3. 1. gay marriage is an oxymoron.

2. if marriage were to be redefined, I doubt much would change (at least superficially). Following God’s way is the best way for society and not following is a recipee for woe. That is my understanding.

I like the idea of people doing what God says because it is is true and right. How it affects me is neither here nor there.

1. “I like the idea of people doing what God says because it is is true and right”

“Fascism is a religious concept” – Benito Mussolini

How right he was. Nice of you to share such sentiments with Benito.

“How it affects me is neither here nor there.”

Yet you’re hear boring us all with your wasted life choices, I see.

2. JohnB -
        1 – Interracial and Jew/gentile marriages have also been oxymorons for many. Choose your definitions and hence your oxymorons.
        2 – ‘God’ and ‘God’s way’ are arbitrary and unprovable notions created and defined by the societies assumed to follow them, so whether and how they are followed and whether woe results are vague and circular notions. It is clear that some formulae for ‘following God’s way’ are very woeful from many peoples’ points of view.
        3 – I like the idea of people questioning other peoples’ notions of ‘God’, what ‘God’ says or indeed whether ‘Gods’ say anything at all. People not questioning these things affects you and all of us very greatly.

1. “People not questioning these things affects you and all of us very greatly.”

Religion survives on this concept of non questioning. JohnB’s whole tenuous grasp on his flock is based on this too. Its all about his own view of self worth and power. Nothing more.

This nonsense is from a man who did not know what a Neanderthal was, yet though he was intelligent and knowledgeable enough to disparage evolution, so go figure. Its the fear of what is beyond one’s ability to understand the world that drives people like John B. And they’re yesterday’s humanity.

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Nov 2011, 8:01am

But marriage predates religion. All religion has don’t is steal it aqnd called it their own. Fact is though civil marriage has Nothing to do with religion just as those who wish to create stability in life by choosing to marry their partner.
        Fact – love is not exclusive…. neither is marriage, or at least it shouldn’t be. All you and religion use marriage for is to score points, nothing more.

4. Jock S. Trap 15 Dec 2011, 8:41am

Marriage is about love and love comes whether both are opposite ot same sex. Both sexes pay taxes equally and both should have the choice of whether to marry the partner they are with.
        End of.

4. Jock S. Trap 24 Nov 2011, 7:58am

And how exactly does same sex marriage effect you if your not planning to have one?

1. Jock S. Trap 15 Dec 2011, 8:46am

Interesting that there was no reply to this question!

6. He is part of the mor(m)on cult..

That poxy cult contriibuted 40% of the funds to defeat marriage equality in California.

7. What is Romney’s position on plygamy seeing as his mor(m)on cult used to be a strong advocate of polygamy.

And what about racism – the mor(m)on cult believed that black people were racially inferior until the 1970′s.

8. I support the rights of people who like toast, but I think toast should be illegal and we should get rid of all toast so no-one can ever have it.

9. Gay Marriage is a Gay Right, Equal and Civil Right for all LGBT people. Love is a right and freedom between two people who love each other and no government or religion can not take it away or stop people who love one another. God has commanded that we love one another and to violate God’s command is a sin. Governments and religions have no business in the love lives of people and there needs to be a revolution of love to stop all oppressive governments and religions who preach and practice hate and push laws to stop love between anybody on earth. Let the Love Revolution begin.

1. NO- why should it be either sinful or unlawful?
      It’s not as though a child could be conceived as a result is it?

1. PISS OFF.

2. Its a sin to drink excessively. But you do it a lot, that much is clear. How do you live with yourself when alcohol is is such a burden on society, killing more people than 30,000 people in the US annually?

You’re probably drunk now, Keith, aren’t you? You dirty shameful animal.

3. Jock S. Trap 15 Dec 2011, 8:46am

Er – do what crazy fella?

10. jamestoronto 22 Nov 2011, 10:25pm

Beware – Keith is into the booze tonight. We have one noun with two verbs and two pronouns (it I) together with one verb. He’s going to be in splendid shape by mid-week. Ignore him.

1. I can see that, James. It seems to be a regular thing too. Still, if I was that repulsive, I’d probably be drunk all the time too….

1. Spanner1960 23 Nov 2011, 2:54pm

Shurely shome mishtake. *hic!*

11. jamestoronto 22 Nov 2011, 10:31pm

We should really be too concerned with the positions of all the candidates just the one that wins the party’s nomination. Since it is well known that the Republican as a whole is homophobic and doesn’t support gay rights of any kind, it is a given that Romney won’t win the nod. Reading the party policy is more important than the individual candidate’s views. Whoever wins will have to toe the party line.

1. jamestoronto 22 Nov 2011, 10:34pm

That’s “NOT really be too concerned” and that should be “Republican Party as a whole”

12. Spanner1960 22 Nov 2011, 11:55pm

Sin is a concept created by men such as you.

1. You have to understand, he learned all this brainwashed nonsense in this so-called ex-gay conversion in some backwater in the US. He admitted this much already.

Hence, the man is an abject and utter failure where we have all succeeded. That is why he’s angry and confused all the time.

13. He’s such a transparent hypocrite. When he ran for the US Senate against Ted Kennedy he pledged to be a better ally to the LGBT community than Kennedy was. It’s true! This guy will say ANYTHING if he thinks it’ll help him get elected.

14. What I concur in is that you are an obsessive bore and I’m not going round the houses with you again. You have provided enough non-sequiturs, goal-post shifting, evasion, asserting assumptions and lies as facts, subjective reactions as morality, to last any sane person a lifetime. Thank you and goodbye. Now please drop dead.

1. PLEASE STOP ENCOURAGING KEITH BY REPLYING TO HIS POSTS

1. You are right, and I have told others not to do so. But sometimes it is hard to follow one’s own advice.

15. So the hatefilled bogot makes the top users. Tells me all I need to know about the editor of this site and the idiots who encourage him.

16. Jock S. Trap 15 Dec 2011, 8:39am

Then the hypocrite doesn’t support ‘Gay rights’ then does he… Idiot!
    They just can’t help themselves can they?