Canada’s gay penguins to be “reunited by spring”

1. Surely if they breed with female they would be bisexual? Good news about them being reunited however^^

1. PumpkinPie 11 Nov 2011, 5:22pm

I figure it might count as “prison sex”. Unless they are actually bi, of course.

2. Such a terrible thing human doing to separate them! After trying to convert homosexual humans, n we want to convert homosexual animals? Why not using artificial insemination instead? and let them together.

1. Because artificial insemination is expensive, so why waste that money on something that the penguins will probably just do naturally anyway when that money can go to something better? It’s not like they’ll be separated forever, just for a while, they’ll be reunited :)

1. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 8:34am

What gives humans the right to force animals to act against nature. Isn’t doing that to humans enough?

1. Jock S. Trap 13 Nov 2011, 7:49am

It’s only your kind in humanity who feel they have the right to interrupt nature. You don’t.

3. The reason of producing offspring reminds me a lot of the reason of procreation some people use to against homosexuality in humans. I somehow think this is correlated.

4. I can already see the tear-jerking reunion with the Peaches & Herb tune playing in the background, “Reuninted and it feels so good!”

Good compromise on the part of the zoo.

5. Why should anyone bother to counter a ‘ludicrous’ suggestion?

1. Shush, now, Keith, you comments will be deleted in time…. enjoy your ridiculous comment while it lasts, its the very effort of futility I enjoy the most :)

2. Dave North 11 Nov 2011, 6:44pm

Goodbye Keith.

It has been horrible to know you…..

1. “I value my moral and physical health and am rather picky over the company I choose.”

Ah, so you DO have issues performing sexual acts.

Figures.

2. Dave North 12 Nov 2011, 6:58pm

People are repelled by you so you will be OK then.

6. I don’t see the big deal. They are facing the threat of extinction. Surely that’s important? At no point have they expressed any sort of homophobia, instead they have been pretty determined to do the ‘right thing’. If this means that two boys need to spend a season apart, then so be it.
    I’m sure humans would do the same if we suddenly only had a couple of thousand people left.

1. A population of a quarter million is threatened with extinction? Come on – that’s just a cover for another agenda.

2. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 8:40am

And 2 out of a quarter of a million are going to help suddenly repopulate the planet with African Penguins?

It may be expensive but there are other ways of getting results. Sure we may need to save species but forcing them to mate isn’t necessary. I have my son 20 years ago without having sex with the mother. Just because we’re Gay don’t have to mean limits.

7. So what if they are facing extinction. If the human race was ever facing the same there is no way I would start having sex with girls – I would stay with my boy even if we were the last people on earth.

Its bad enough that they are stuck in a zoo, now they can’t even choose who to spend their time with – Leave the poor creatures in peace.

1. I meant to post this up, the continuation of any species, even humans, isn’t necessary. I wouldn’t have sex with a woman just because there were no more people around.

1. I wouldnt have sex but I would donate my sperm, not that women are bad I just find the idea of heterosexual sex rather repugnant.

But for the sake of the continuation of our species yup I would donate.

2. moralityrules 11 Nov 2011, 5:27pm

There’s no way, even if mankinds survival depended on you doing your part? Well, if what you say is true, then that would make you the most selfish, worthless piece of crap on the planet. That’s really what’s behind all the new age liberal ideas. It’s all about me me me me.

Are these penguins truly gay? I don’t know and don’t care. If this were a “straight” penguin couple, no hoopla would be made, and NO ONE would be crying over their separation, and demanding their reunification. Which tells me that the gay rights movement has little to do with pushing for equality and everything to do with pushing a perverted, vile lifestyle down EVERYONE’S throats.

What’s IMPORTANT at this point is that their genes are needed to procreate an endangered species.

1. “pushing a perverted, vile lifestyle down EVERYONE’S throats.”

Yet we’re suppose to applaud you pushing your bigotry, ignorance, and obvious lack of schooling down our throats, and on a gay site?

Sure, if it makes you feel one bit less the fool you clearly are, then brava! Now, you got what you wantred, so perhaps you should let you mother know you’re up this late on the internet unsupervised…..

2. Well said, well said indeed!!!

It’s about time people quit calling wrong right and right wrong. This is an insane world!

1. “This is an insane world!”

Well, you’re contributing to its insanity nicely. You must be so proud.

1. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:30am

So, the best you can come up with is a newspaper article dated April 13th, 1985!!!

Seriously?

Get an education, idiot!

2. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:35am

Bit desperate Keith dontcha think… LOL

2. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:27am

Jumping on a bandwagon doesn’t make you look clever.

3. Well, if ever there was proof that genes do not necessarily need to be procreated, you’re it moralityrules – humanity can do without your deficient 12-pair chromosomes.

4. No one is asking you to be gay. I straight, but not narrow. YOU are pushing YOUR values on others.

1. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:36am

How exactly? You choose to come here so can’t think there someone with a gun to your head to comment or read here.

Stop projecting and one a life of your own.

5. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 8:42am

“Are these penguins truly gay?”

Who are we to question? Only (bigotted) humans always feel the need to question. They just can’t let be and live and let live.

6. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:25am

“everything to do with pushing a perverted, vile lifestyle down EVERYONE’S throats.”

And yet it’s only you who thinks about what people do in bed. Projecting much Keith?

8. I hope someone has explained the situation to the poor penguins ! They may pine away …

1. The picture showing them together suggested that they were a bit young, and perhaps still had their baby fuzz. The article didn’t mention if one was seen with their little pecker up the butt of the other one, or whether or not they saw fecal matter on the male organ of one. That also would be a good indicator. You know, I have a feeling that the penguins are going to gravitate towards lady penguins fairly soon.

1. Look, its Keith….. can’t hide his “fecal” obsession. Just wish he could fix that darned spell checker, he can’t seem to get the spelling right of faecal. Probably gets too excited thinking of all that crap on him.

Get booted off, did we? Ahhhh. Boo-hoo. Having a little “anonymous” tantrum, are we?

I’m still laughing at you. Its so pathetic, its funny.

1. lol maybe he got bored of his posts being deleted

1. I know, its sweet, isn’t it? I laugh every time I see one die….

2. reporting and e-mailing does wonders lol :)

2. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:38am

Indeed.. different name but same sh!t!

2. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:37am

It’s so sad that you can only see people by the sex they have Then call all else immoral.

Hypocrite much?

9. Apparently, Buddy and Pedro were spotted together recently at a Lady Gaga concert:

1. Brokeback Iceberg!…Aww!

2. cute… :)

10. Nawal Husnoo 11 Nov 2011, 5:49pm

Oh I think you have the wrong version of The Gay Agenda.

Here’s the approved version: http://www.gayagendabook.com/gayagenda.html

Cheers!

1. Why are you peddling that nonsense every time, if you don’t mind me asking? This tripe only rules the file of those religious muppets who think its all a big conspiracy to get them (which is right up there with the fake moon landings and their cows being carved up by bored aliens with delusions of surgery). This “gya agenda” as you put it is the delusions of one person with too much time on his hands.

11. Christians doing their gay conversion therapy on animals now? They say the Christians are using shock treatment to “cure” gays, http://www.affirmation.org/therapy/. Why are Christians working with psychiatrist to harm gays? Didn’t they do this in World War Two in the concentration camps? Who are the mad men behind harming gays and how much money are they being paid to do it and who is helping these mad men do it? It needs to be outlawed and these mad men need to be arrested and put in prison. They say they are murdering young gays people by doing this, http://exgayaustralia.blogspot.com/2011/02/ex-gay-organizations-have-spread.html. Stop the mad men and demand they be arrested for their crimes against humanity today.

1. Because they live in a perpetual state of fear, and get upset if anyone is having fun around them while they can do nothing else but crap themselves at every change happening in a world they do not have the brains to understand.

1. So true…

12. Tell me Keith, given your preoccupation with sex, which is clearly an physiological illness you have, can I ask:- do you have trouble performing sexual acts? You know, for fear of thinking about deviant sexual behavior, and the fear of being tempted to perform such behavior when it would be harmful to them or to other?

Most people like you usually have issues performing sexual acts.

Have you ever heard of serotonergic antidepressant medications?

You know eating faeces will damage your health at least? Good boy. So, on to topic:- Did the ex-gay therapy help you overcome the trouble performing sexual acts?

13. Are you really so sad that pink news is the only place you can get any attention. Please, get some help, or some friends.

14. Dave North 11 Nov 2011, 6:46pm

Goodbye Keith.

It has been horrible to know you….

15. Just ignore “Keith”. He’s obviously here because consciously or otherwise, he craves interaction with gay man – albeit in the form of trolling. Don’t counter his remarks, don’t rise to the bait, don’t reply – just ignore him. Every time someone replies to one of his comments, it gives him further incentive to post here. Ignore it and it will go away.

Alright Keith?

1. e-mailing to PN helps too, report his posts and send an e-mail citing that he is breaking 12: Harass, threaten, intimidate, embarrass, disparage, or do anything else to any other user (whether or not registered with the Service) or guest of the Service that is offensive, unwarranted or unwanted of the sites terms and conditions, of their term and conditions.

This can apply to any other personage of interest. Other than that yup ignore him. (more people report him the better)

16. So they plan to seperate them ans basicaly force them to mate. Ten once used and abused put them together again.

This experience may ruin their relationship. Humans really are horrid at times. Why must this pair mate. Why cant just this one be left in peace.

17. Though this may be a case of male only company being the precedence for the perceived sexuality it is important to note that it is not uncommon for homosexual pairings within the natural world, as most of us know and accept.

And (probably incurring the obvious wrath of baby killers) I don’t think it is a bad thing to have them reproduce. Many gay men want to have children and as have been noted the parental roll of penguins falls to the male anyway (not sure about African babies though) so I do not find the prospect of them being separated for breeding purposes to be a problem as long as their health is taken into consideration, if they are mated to each for life the separation could cause loss of appetite and apathy, as has been recorded for pets who have changed or lost their primary original carer.

18. “Further deletions will result in spam similar to the last time!
    Unmolested posts will not incur penalty”

LOL! They’re not listening to your shallow threats, are they? You truly are the most powerless and useless freak I’ve seen, if this is what you have to resort to, gay people will always win, as we are doing all around you! Every day!

Bye bye….

19. I just can’t stop laughing…. every one of Keith’s futile comments that dies before my eyes and goes to the big nut house in the sky, make me laugh. Ahhhhh, so enjoyable. Warms my little cotton socks.

So, what has he achieved? Nothing.

Where are the comments? Gone.

All that time, wasted, and all he has done is given me loads of amusement.

I believe the word that best describes him is :- loser.

1. And yet he can’t seem to stop himself posting here. Bit of an obsession, it seems. I can’t help but pity him really.

2. Er…and he’s under the misapprehension we read any of his stuff! :D Seriously, I’m sure everyone here gave him a go initially, but now there’s no need to read what’s basically the same guff time and time again with varying amounts of abuse/cruelty/weirdness.

20. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 8:33am

Can’t help thinking there are other ways other than forcing then to separate and mate.

21. Jock S. Trap 12 Nov 2011, 9:40am

Ta ta pervy Keith.

22. The real problem is that they are in a zoo. All zoos should be shut down and amimals left to live their natural lives. zoos are 100 years out o date

1. I disagree, very strongly disagree, zoo are not what they were 100 years ago, even 50 years ago. Most if not all zoo’s (especially in the UK) have very strong policies to aid in the conservation and preservation of declining species. To fund this they get grants, donations and of course the money visitors pay. I do agree that safari parks are much better for the freedom of animals and again they do similar conservation and preservation, and that neither could ever replicate the proper indigenous landscape but it is better than complete extinction and give the chance to increase the population, which in many cases was caused by man which also gives us the responsibility to replace these populations

1. Well thank you for your well put argument but even chickens get a chance to live as they should, free range. Keeping animals in a cage and removing free will, now that we know better is disgraceful. Endangered animals I can understand but big animals like an elephants or tigers that travel for hundreds of miles must be going out of their mind.

It’s cruel we can see them in ther natural habitat or on TV.

1. Jock S. Trap 13 Nov 2011, 7:57am

Trouble is for many species being in a well prepared zoo is the only chance of survival. I agree with your principal but sadly man feels it has the right to hunt many species to extinction. It’s not just a case of a zoo being the only place to see some of these animals but also the only place they many actually survive. There are both tigers and elephants that the numbers are falling because we’re failing to stop poachers in there evil trade. The world does need to club together to give better protection and only then may the need for zoos finally be not needed.

2. Many modern zoos are invaluable mechanisms for protecting and increasing the populations of threatened animals and raising public consciousness about the fragility of the natural world. I visited the Bronx Zoo in New York a few years ago and was hugely impressed by its conservation and public education agenda.

2. GingerlyColors 13 Nov 2011, 5:55pm

A 100 years ago zoos were places were people can view animals while little concern was given to their welfare. Nowadays living standards for animals at zoos in many countries have improved and as well as for seeing animals, they are also educational and play a role in conservation. However nowadays people may prefer to see animals in a safari park where they enjoy more freedom.

23. Isaac Newton 1642-1727

24. GingerlyColors 12 Nov 2011, 8:54pm

You can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. If those penguins are not interested in the opposite sex then they won’t mate.

25. I hope they are reunited and the whole thing is made into an animated cartoon, like Happy Feet!

1. Jock S. Trap 14 Nov 2011, 8:14am

Happy Feet 3 you mean?

26. I dunno why but straight away i was wondering why they couldn’t use a turkey baster like every good lesbian lol.

There was a story about a male pair bond penguin pair (New York I think it was) who were given an abandoned egg and hatched and raised the chick successfully.