Cher: Chaz Bono is ‘same child, different wrapping’

1. Am i the only person who got really excited that Chaz has stubble?

2. Christine Beckett 28 Oct 2011, 1:08pm

cool mum… :-)

1. That’s what Dr. Reid said about my mum (and dad) when he met them :) on a chance meeting.

My mum wasn’t quite so understanding when I was 12 – 15, over the years she’d learned to let go of moments of madness.

3. Paddyswurds 28 Oct 2011, 1:15pm

Ffs enough of this wannabe already. Surley there must be other trans people we could hear about.This chastity bono woman has got to be the worlds biggest and one has to say creepiest attention seeker. Wonder where she got that from…hmmmm.

4. Paddyswurds 28 Oct 2011, 1:17pm

1. the fact that you just called her “Chastity Bono woman” proves that we need her in the news more often…..

2. im only commenting because im too stupid to use the thumbs buttons, clicking the wrong one.

there may be a thousand legitimate reasons to dislike a person but dont addopt transphobia to make your point. he is a man, and you could of made the same point if you referred to him as one.

3. OrtharRrith 28 Oct 2011, 3:15pm

Why is it that trans related articles bring out the bigots, particularly if it’s an article about Chaz? Surely the bigots have something better to do? Attend the Neremburg Rallyperhaps ? Set fire to a cross maybe? Hang a black guy? Oh! Oh! Make love to a close relative?

4. HelenWilson 29 Oct 2011, 4:14am

This is really sad attention seeking, how long have you had a personality disorder Paddy?

5. Suddenly Last Bummer 28 Oct 2011, 2:52pm

Chaz has probably had less surgery than Cher during his reassignment and looks a billion times better.

1. PumpkinPie 28 Oct 2011, 3:58pm

I feel a bit guilty for laughing at this. ;)

2. I don’t find that funny.

1. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 4:18pm

I find it sad that someone can be so blatantly insincere. A billion times better. Are you brain dead or what suddenly????

3. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 4:13pm

@Suddenly Last Summer….
      ….”looks a billion times better.” Those 5 words make a nonsense of this whole comment page or at least 90% of it. Do you have a white stick methinks? I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly think that this gurning freak look human never mind better looking than Cher surgery or no.

6. PumpkinPie 28 Oct 2011, 3:59pm

Is there any picture of Chaz where he doesn’t have a MASSIVE SMILE? That’s one seriously happy dude.

1. HelenWilson 29 Oct 2011, 4:11am

That’s the effect of transition, I used to be a right miserable git now I cant stop smiling too.

Must be something in them hormones :)

7. Karl smith 28 Oct 2011, 4:11pm

I still think he looks like Peter Kay

8. Barebacking spreaders 29 Oct 2011, 10:31am

She is one mixed up individual. She used to be so attractive, now she looks like a hod carrier!. Of course, gender is decided in the brain. Male and female brains are vastly different. Unless she has a male brain , she is a woman.. Women’s brain are about 10% smaller than that of men. 1. Men’s brain weigh about 1.4Kg and women’s weigh 1.25Kg. Women, however, have 10% more brain nerve cells than men.

2. Women use more parts of the brain than men do
    Whatever they do, there are much more nerve cells’ movements in female’s brain than that of male’s.

3. Women are sensitive to their emotions
    When women face a sad situation, they feel 8 times more of sad emotion.
    Women have 2 times more chances of getting depression.

4. Women are better at language uses
    Females read and speak faster than men. Based on a test, women remembered more rhyming words than men did during a limited time period. Also women found more synonyms and color related words. It is because women use both right and left part

1. men have rock hard dicks trumps all that crap you ho

2. Well done – pseudoscience and gender essentialism, two of my favourite jokes in one silly comment.

Try reading this – http://www.cordeliafine.com/delusions_of_gender.html – you might learn something.

1. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 4:23pm

@Sally…..
        ……Cordelia Fine!!!! Are you also delusional. Fine is so far up her own ar5e that she is giving herself a sore throat.If you are going to post links to the interweb try being a little more original. Noone has taken Cordelia Fine seriously since she started preschool.

1. If you’re going to try to discredit a respectable and influential academic, it might be useful to show your working. There really isn’t anything of any substance in what you’ve provided so far.

1. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 7:11pm

@Sally….
            ……”it might be useful to show your working.” Eh?? Hardly a coherent reply. I don’t need to. You’re her advocate so the ball is firmly in your court and I don’t think posting links to tripe on the web cuts it, darling.

2. I’m sorry, but I’ll need to understand your rationale for rejecting her work before I know which aspects you consider in need of defense.

3. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 8:48pm

@Sally….
            ….all of it. She has Never said anything new and most of what she has, had been said before and discredited by far superior minds. She is carried away by her delusions and an overworked sense of feminism which has done women no favors!. Germaine Greer on repeat if you like.

4. The idea that she hasn’t said anything new isn’t relevant. She refers to a wealth of independent studies that help to challenge assumptions about gender. In that sense, of course she isn’t being original – but that’s not the point of her work. Her writing constitutes a summary and review of the available evidence – not as a piece of original research.

You claim that most of the ideas she uses have been discredited, but provide no citations or direct evidence of that.

You seem unaware of the diversity of feminist thought. Fine’s feminism, like mine, has a different sociological and philosophical basis to the second-wave radicalism of Greer, so your choice to label Fine as “Greer on repeat” is somewhat baffling.

And I’m not sure on what grounds you consider yourself in a position to judge what constitutes “an overworked sense of feminism”, and whether or not it has done women any favours.

9. Considering how flaky and bitchy some women can be I don’t blame him

1. Pot calls kettle black?

10. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 12:53am

@HelenWilson…
    ….How is commenting on a serial attention seeker classed as one having a personality disorder, Helen?
    I am fed up to the back teeth with this womans ugly mug gurning out at me almost every time I open Pink News. Doesn’t she have anything else to do other than be a perennial whinge? Don’t bother griping about my calling her a woman. Like it or not that is what she is . Just because she has had a double mastectomy and ingested some testosterone does not in any way make her a man. She is still entirely a woman. I understand that surgery to fashion male appendages is very difficult but she has not had a hysterectomy ….why not? One would think that would be a logical step if she was serious about trying to become a man or is she just hedging her bets as usual. Btw the tag is Paddyswurds in case you hadn’t noticed……

1. HelenWilson 30 Oct 2011, 8:36pm

Nasty little transphobes get reported.

You sad sack of transphobic s**t

1. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 8:56pm

@HelenWilson….
        ….just because you can’t face the truth of your own existence does not in any way make me a Transphobe, just s realist. You, Mr/Ms Wilson are the sad sack of…..well nothing really, battling hard to convince yourself and the rest of us that you are what you can never be. Perhaps in your own sad deluded mind, but that can never make you recognizable to the sane world that you are a woman. Report that if you like.

2. I looked for ‘transphobic’ in the dictionary. It does not exist there. Funny that. Neither is ‘scatophobia’ there.but there are plenty of bigotted people that think that eating excrement is wrong and would deny loving consensual expressions of scat love if they could.
        Chastty Bono is a lovely girl and I wish her luck in her new career as a male lookalike!

11. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 9:05pm

@HelenWilson….
    ….just because you can’t face the truth of your own existence does not in any way make me a Transphobe, just a realist. You, Ms Wilson are the sad sack of…..well nothing really, battling hard to convince yourself and the rest of us that you are what you can never be. Perhaps in your own sad deluded mind, but that can never make you recognizable to the sane world that you are a woman.

1. paddyswurds 30 Oct 2011, 9:08pm

Dont know why this comment was repeated…

2. HelenWilson 31 Oct 2011, 4:41pm

The thing is these outbursts says so much about you than anything you could ever say about transgender people. You only get to define who you are, I am totally secure in my own identity, I define who I am not you.

By any chance are you a member of the Julie Bindel fan club or Ms Bindel herself? Just asking!

1. paddyswurds 31 Oct 2011, 6:19pm

@HelenWilson…
        …”The thing is these outbursts says so much about you than anything you could ever say about transgender people”. Your response is so pathetically predictable…….. The fact that you see every criticism as an outburst against Trans people and transphobic is indicative of your insecurity and belies your assertion that you are secure in your own identity. That plus your juvenile name calling says you are clearly unable to discuss the pros and cons of the Trans condition……………

1. HelenWilson 31 Oct 2011, 10:12pm

Its transphobic because you fail to respect trans peoples gender identities, you can call Chaz him or nothing but you do not have the right to miss-gender him without being called up as a transphobe. What would a gay man call a someone who called him a misguided heterosexual? Homophobe by any chance! Nobody has the right to miss-gender anyone just like they do not have the right to deny anyone of a sexual identity also.

As for questioning my sanity, I can point you to the three psychological assessments I have undergone at this stage of my transition that say I’m perfectly sane.

Insecure? I have been secure in my gender identity all my life, its my body I’m not happy about. Clearly a trans person like myself is exactly the right person to talk about our gender variance.

1. Sweety, this sad transphobe has been posting transphobic comment for ages. His modus operandi is to post something transphobic, and if you respond, to post inceasingly rabid and abusive replies. He calls this debate! Plenty of people over time have tried to explain why his misconceptions are wrong but as he hates us all it truly a waste of time. Don’t waste you time or energy on him. The best course is to ignore his rantings, or just report them as transphopbic comment.

2. HelenWilson 1 Nov 2011, 1:14am

I know Gwen, many of the replies have come from me. I will never allow transphobia to go unchallenged when I see it.

Helen

12. Why do we have to read through cruel comments on positive trans articles? This site needs some moderation.

1. Would you like to be pwotectd fwom the mowalists and wrapped in coton wool, fwee to pwomote harmful anal pwactices and whinge about self inflicted, pweventable diseases?

1. lol whut?

13. Love the man, love the man, love the man!! All the best to Chaz always!!

OutMaturity