Interview: Andy Bell on Erasure’s new album and new life

1. Awesome news that Vince and Andy are doing another album. I still love to listen to a lot of their songs, some more than others, like Blue Savannah, and Ship of Fools, being two of my favourites!

2. The american health care system is an industry whos primary goal is to make those few rich christian right wing hypocrites at the top even richer.. Many a camel, eh?

If Obama stood for justice and equality, then he would start and NHS style system in the worlds richest and most powerful country.

Back to Erasure, yeah they are brill!!

3. Why do Catholics and Christians go on free gay dating sites to pretend they are gay so they can harass and gay bash LGBT people? Don’t they spend time reading their bible any more or are they so dumbed down they can’t read it? The best way to do it now is to spend a little cash to pay for a gay dating site, that way it the xians harass you they can be traced back to who and where they are so you can report them to the law enforcement people. Back to Erasure, I which they could erase some of the right wing Christian hypocrites.

1. Staircase2 7 Oct 2011, 10:47am

What are you talking about? (I have no idea what you’re talking about….!)
      (ps ‘Catholics’ ARE ‘Christians’…!)

4. Jock S. Trap 6 Oct 2011, 9:42am

Good interview to welcome an excellent new album.

5. Jonathan Kennedy 6 Oct 2011, 8:34pm

I’m glad Andy Bell seems to have changed his mind and now would prefer not to be HIV positive, for a few years ago he gave several interviews claiming he thought having HIV was a ‘touchstone’ of being gay and that he actually wanted to have the disease.
    This is the same Andy Bell who said in a 2005 interview that when his former partner Paul Hickey was diagnosed and told him that he never wanted to have sex with him again because he didn’t want to infect him, ‘I basically said, “Well, if you don’t wanna sleep with me, I will go somewhere else to get it.”’
    This is the same Andy Bell who said in another 2005 interview, with Gus Cairns at poz.com, that he was “scared” by the public health adverts on television about HIV in the 1980s. He also said: “Scaring people into submission backfires in the end. I like to think that, in a way, we’ve survived the AIDS crisis. It’s not the time for doom and gloom. It’s time to celebrate.”

6. Staircase2 7 Oct 2011, 10:45am

Good luck with the album boys!
    I LOVE Vince Clarke! :o)
    And I’ve always loved Andy Bell’s gorgeous voice too – lets hope that this album brings them the modern accolades they deserve.

Its a tough old industry out there at the moment – but they’ve got a huge fanbase and fingers crossed it will go well for them

7. Great story! Erasure are fab live! I last saw them on their acoustic tour back in 2006? I was 17 when I saw the ‘Live at the Seaside’ Video – Andy has so much charisma yet can be quite outrageous! Cant wait for the new album! Best wishes to Andy and Vince!

8. Mark Newman 19 Oct 2011, 1:44pm

“Susie and The Banshees”.

Jesus wept.

9. @ Mark Newman—that’s what I thought! : D

Still love Erasure after all these years.

I hope Andy can finally get to live with his b/f one day and enjoy many years of happiness……….

10. Saw them with the True Colors tour a few years ago. They we so much fun live. Definitely go see them if you get a chance.

11. Andrew Davies 11 Nov 2011, 10:42pm

A great story by Laurence Watts and its great to see Andy being so open, well pleased there is a new Erasure album