Video: Gay soldier booed at Republican presidential debate

1. Santorum speaks from a position of white, male, heterosexual, middle class, christian privilege and is sufficiently sociopathic to actually believe that anyone who has the burden discriminatory practices removed is receiving “special privileges.” Just another reason why he will be nothing more than an unfortunate (it not terribly relevant) stain on the pages of history.

1. santorum (san-TOR-um) n.
      1. The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter
      that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.

2. Disgusting that a guy how may well lay down his life for his country is booed for asking if he will be discriminated against again. Even more shameful that no candidate condemned the audience members. What repugnant people.

1. I so agree. These repugnant and repressive people are driving their cars, working their 9-5’s, living in lavish dwelling places and eating and drinking the finer quality of delicacies while this man is in the Middle East walking miles on end, working 24/7, living in a crowded tent/sleeping quarters, eating and drinking whatever is available and putting his life on the line to defend the very things we enjoy EVERYDAY…..and you boo him for asking a simple and realistic question??? SHAME ON YOU, YOU ARROGANT AND SELF-RIGHTEOUS REPUBLICANS!!!

3. Why the obsession with sex? Why do these morons think the minute homosexuality is in the open a mass orgy will be in progress.

And as for the keeping it to yourself whether you’re hetro/homosexual. Is he planning then to stop all forms of conversation between troops. Let’s be honest when they’re based far away from their families then the topic is going to come up so should they all just say “no comment” and report the person who’s starting the conversation?

1. Alf N. Spit 23 Sep 2011, 3:15pm

Yes I noticed too that he says heteros should keep their orientation secret as well. Good luck with that one!!

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:38am

Indeed, will be interesting to see.

4. Disgusting on every level.

5. They are all King Canutes. The genie is out of the bottle and the US is not Berlin in the ’30s.

1. Alf N. Spit 23 Sep 2011, 3:17pm

There’s 3 mixed metaphors there.

6. Long live those Americans that sticks to the country’s Christian heritage and fight the homosexual agenda!

1. Long live those backwards gun-toting hill billies that forget America has a separation of church and state.
      If there ever was a homosexual agenda, it is to get equal protection and rights under the law.
      What is the christian agenda Jack? buggering kids?

1. The agenda of the extremists is to bring on armageddon to hasten Christ’s return.

1. Yes it is – because Christ would show more toleration than you lot.

1. I suggest you read Romans 1. God calls it a ‘vile affection’ and an unnatural lust, and He calls you and me to turn from all sins, of which homosexuality is one.

2. “I suggest you read Romans 1. God calls it a ‘vile affection’ and an unnatural lust, and He calls you and me to turn from all sins, of which homosexuality is one.”
            Jack, when are you going to repent of your homophobia?
            Jack, when are you going to stop using the Bible selectively to justify your hatred.?
            Jack, when are you going to start reading other books and get an education?

3. JohnK, ‘homophobia’ is a silly little word designed to silence debate. And it literally does not make sense. a ‘phobia’ is an irrational fear, and ‘homos’ is ‘the same’. So what, I have an irrational fear of ‘the same’?! And it is you that needs to repent. I have no joy in seeing anybody punished for their sin, since I also am a sinner – and nor does God joy in doing the punishing. I tell homosexuals what I tell everybody else (yes, including straights that have casual sex): We must all repent.

JohnK, There is no selectivity here. I purposefully chose the New Testament because misguided atheists usually say Leviticus 18 doesn’t count, because its ‘Old Testament’. Still don’t understand the reasoning, given Hebrews 13:8…

JohnK, I am probably educated to a higher level than yourself.

Good day.

4. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:22pm

“I am probably educated to a higher level than yourself.”

Deluded much?

Nobody here wants you to save us so would you kindly shove you Old and New Testament up your arse and kindly p!ss off you bigotted idiot.

5. Jack wrote
            “JohnK, I am probably educated to a higher level than yourself.”
            What postgraduate quailifications do you hold?
            Which univeristies did you attend?
            What articles or books have you published?

6. Rick Santorum – prime evidence for why we call homophobia a psychological disorder.

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:40am

Only man will destroy humanity no God but as usual I guess so long as there’s something else to blame.

Religion is the single most destructive evil of this world. Next is the people that use it.

1. Darwinism is probably a bit worse… It kinda resulted in a little thing called the holocaust, where supposedly plenty of your kind were murdered too. Not to mention how its offshoot, eugenics, has resulted in millions of murders. At least I wouldn’t murder you!! I just resent big time how I am forced to pretend that homosexuality is in any way beneficial or natural.

2. “At least I wouldn’t murder you!! I just resent big time how I am forced to pretend that homosexuality is in any way beneficial or natural.”
            Jack, how do you manage to function in a world full of homosexuals when you are so consumed by your hatred of them. Do you frequently get into trouble with the police because of your rage?

3. JohnK, you give out the same rhetoric, but it is quite useless…

The comment about ‘not murdering’ was a tongue-in-cheek response to a comment which said that religion was the most destructive evil in the world. But, when you consider what has happened post-Darwin, it clearly is not. Just look at the holocaust, eugenics, and plenty of other things I didn’t mention: Like the atheist utopias of Soviet Russia under Stalin, or China under Mao…

4. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:19pm

Yeah don’t see how your being forced to do anything. A pointless comment since you clearly choose to come to a site for Gay people.

5. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:29pm

“The real question is why do homosexuals force everybody else to comply, and actively seek to bully and ruin the livelihoods of those who hold traditional views? 50+ years ago, when those views were the norm, this country was nice, ordered, and prosperous; now it is a mess.”

Yeah, you love it when you can discriminate and share your hatred of others. Lovely. The world would be a far better place once your sort are dead and buried and stopped poluting your hatred to the next innocent victim.

Vile creep.

2. No, that’d be the Catholic agenda. I’m Reformed, and we know that the Catholic system is the false Christian system of Revelation… Anyway, the church and state were separated to protect the Church, not the state – do your homework and look at the religious-political context at the time of America’s formation.

And equal rights for something that is clearly not equal, no matter which way you look at it? Men and women are designed for each other, whether you are a Creationist or an evolutionist. Whereas the anus is for removing waste and has no natural lubrication..

1. Why do you think a darwinian evolutionalist would attach any moral value to the workings of natural selection?

1. I didn’t expect that they would. I just argued that no matter which way you look at it, men and women are designed for one another, whereas it is clearly not natural for 2 men, or 2 women to come together sexually – the parts just don’t match up. Ergo, it is not natural, and not even comparable to heterosexuality (but whether homosexuality is acceptable or moral is another argument – either way, you cannot compare it to heterosexuality).

2. Irrelevant. Whether homosexuality is “natural” or not has no bearing on the question of human rights, which should be founded on ethics, not on shaky notions about “what nature intends”.

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:25pm

Yet again people Keith is back to hijack the topic of the story and turn it into a debate about who we are.

Piss off Keith/Jack or whoever you now want to call yourself.

The story is up for debate not us. You choice to come here with maybe you need to take sometime to question instead of laughable going on about having things force down your throat… perv.

2. I’m lost for words.

You just don’t get it.

It’s not about sex (though any loving relationship may contain it). It’s about genuinely loving someone else, who happens to be the same gender. Why do you not see this? LOVE.

Basically what you’re saying is, you deem a certain type of sex wrong therefore two gay men can’t love for each other as equally as a straight couple. Are you for real?

I feel sorry for you :(

1. That’s not what gay ‘culture’ was like in the 80s…
            Those of us who remember are not deceived by the move towards more conventional behaviour by gays (a move that many gays lament). In the 80s it was ALL about sex, and this is why AIDS spread so quickly amongst homosexuals, and it is why gay men, who represent less that 1% of the population, are still responsible for something like 40% of all new AIDS cases…

This isn’t about love, it is about lust and no-holds-barred, do whatever-you-like sexuality.

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:43am

Indeed, I feel sorry for it too. Anyone that can’t see love as a good stable thing needs help.

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:45am

Me thinks Keith, oops sorry ‘Jack’ is whipping up misinformation to suit his own assumption. Clearly humanity is the last thing he understands.

4. @Jack
            I can see that you are spining the usual Ex-Gay:
            * Paranoia
            * Lies
            * Misinformation
            If you are so comfortable with your new found “Heterosexuality”, why do you have to frequent LGBT websites and post your repetitive Ex-Gay rhetoric?

5. Jack wrote
            “That’s not what gay ‘culture’ was like in the 80s…”
            This comment is very telling, and reveals your Ex-Gay credenitals. Which Evangelical rally or public event did you attend which persuaded you to destroy your sexuality in favour of living your life as a lie, and pretence as a Ex-Gay Heterosexual?

2. Paddle faster everyone, I can hear banjos….

3. Jock S. Trap 23 Sep 2011, 3:28pm

Jack

Prehaps you can tell us where you picked up your copy of “The Homosexual Agenda” please? I’ve looked everywhere but can’t seem to find it. I did think we each got a copy and subscription when we joined but have since found that not to be the case since this is how I was born.

If someone is expected to protect and possibly die for a country, the least it’s citizens can do is damn well respect those people for doing so. I think letting people be who they are openly is such a small thing in the scheme of things considering what the likes of Stephen Hill and his colleagues have to put up with on a daily basis.

The fact You wish to make superior a chosen religious lifestyle over who others are born shows you up for the jerk that you really are and it’s from people like you that comes the real problems in the world, many of which end up having to be sorted out by the brave troops you so quickly condemn.

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Sep 2011, 3:30pm

Then I guess it’s easy to boo the servicemen and women who fight for free world while standing at a podium and sitting in an audience the other side of the world away from the dangers.

2. ‘Jock':
        Really the whole gay debate hinges on this.

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 23 Sep 2011, 4:59pm

We are all living proof of it you dickhead.

1. Evidently Tatchell is not, dickhead.

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:57am

Even Tatchell is entitled to his opinion and like your it doesn’t make it right.

2. Rubbish. You simply reveal the homophobic assumption that supposed ‘choices’ are fair game for discrimination.

1. Right, so what about pedophilia? Am I allowed to discriminate against that? At the moment, yes. But of course, that will be the next thing to be legalised… And hey, is pedophilia a choice or not? However you answer this question, it will basically destroy any argument for saying that discrimination against gays is wrong.

I used to be a live-and-let-live kinda guy, but now that the law has made it impossible to put into action one’s beliefs on the sexuality issue (here I think of the Christian B&B case), I am much less accommodating. Gays have shot themselves in the foot, as people with views like mine are on the rise. Big time.

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:59am

Oh, it is Keith, what a surprise.

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 9:07am

“as people with views like mine are on the rise. Big time.”

Oh my, deluded much?

4. “Right, so what about pedophilia? Am I allowed to discriminate against that? At the moment, yes.”
            Jack, I mean Keith – I see that you are still obessed with the issue of Paedophilia. Perhaps you could run along and find a website that deals with that.

5. No answers to the question then. Very wise, because whichever way you answer it, your argument will be dead in the water. And who is Keith?

6. Do you really not see the difference between two adults having a relationship and the abuse of children?

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:50am

How do you learn it?

Please provide prove that being straight is born this way.

As I said all you are doing with your ignorance is showing you know nothing about humanity. Whether you like it or not this is how I way born however your ignorance and bigotry is in fact what you were taught. I feel pity for you.

4. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:51am

Gay people are human too mr, we are Not up for debate.

5. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:53am

I note you clearly don’t respect people so maybe you should ask yourself, if you don’t respect others why should they respect you. Bigots are not worthy. End of.

1. Well, as I said earlier, I used to be very libertarian, and had a ‘live and let live’ attitude. I neither liked homosexuality nor accepted it as normal, but if people wanted to do it amongst themselves: fine.

But now, what with the B&Bs that are forced to act contrary to their beliefs, people being thrown from their jobs for voicing the slightest opposition to homosexual propaganda, etc, etc; I have become increasingly intolerant – because you are intolerant of me. This all began with homosexuals not ‘respecting’ that there are some who believe that marriage and sex should be between a man and a woman.

As I said – do whatever you want with one another, but if you start trying to force your views onto others, causing them to have to act contrary to conscience, there is going to be a backlash. If homosexuals had just agreed to disagree, and allowed differences in opinion, there would be less of a problem.

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:34pm

Keith, sorry Jack! (you might change the name but the content remains…bit obvious don’t ya think)

People’s chosen religious lifestyles should Never trump how others are born.

End of.

6. Can you provide a link to where he say’s its a learned behaviour and even if he has there is proof to show its not this video might educate you.

1. Here we go, from about the least-biased source I can possibly think of:

And the video: LOOOOL. When the cartoon said his name was ‘Christian’, the narrator responded “here is what the latest science has to say”, and ‘Christian’ responded “oh THAT”, I stopped taking it seriously. Any video that mocks a certain group is by definition biased towards the other group.

Oh, the animal homosexuality hypothesis has been debunked many times.
            And most of those psychiatric institutions (or their predecessors) all said homosexuality was a mental aberration only a few decades ago. Ah, but now there are loads of ‘out’ gays in positions of power…

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:37pm

Please do share… how do you teach being Gay or Lesbian coz I’d love to know, Keith.

3. Regardless of the mocking video it still uses factual based studies to determine what might cause homosexuality which is a lot more proof then you’ve brought for your choice argument.

The link you posted is not Peter Tatchell denying biological effects on sexuality he is merely saying that it may not be only factors that effect sexuality.

Also we used to think women didn’t deserve rights and black people where fair game for discrimination but we have moved on with our values and morals to be more accepting of people which can’t help the factors that effect them such as skin colour, gender or sexuality.

4. “And most of those psychiatric institutions (or their predecessors) all said homosexuality was a mental aberration only a few decades ago. Ah, but now there are loads of ‘out’ gays in positions of power”
            So who are these Gays in postions of influence, with so much power, to change what is and is not seen as a mental illness?

7. “Please post the proof that people are ‘born this way’. As I understand it, there is no such proof, and even Peter Tatchell admits homosexuality is learned behaviour…Really the whole gay debate hinges on this.”
          The nature nutrure debate does not hang on what Peter Tatchell does or does not have to say about the genetic basis for homosexuality
          Moreover, there is certianly growing empirical evidence to support the biological basis of homosexuality
          Brain differences
          Genetic basis

1. I stopped taking the BBC seriously a decade ago (some would say I was late!)…

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:39pm

Funny coz I think most of us stopped taking you seriously when you were under the name Keith.

8. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:17pm

Yeah well, even Eistein’s theories look like they’re wrong so what chance do you think you have?!!

4. God does have a wild sense of humor though, he made Christians didn’t he? And the homo agenda is looking for rabid christians to convert, so you better keep looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life;-)we’ll just slip in before you know what up…and then you’ll love your new gay life, just as God intended……

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:41pm

Luckily, we know a good proportion of Christians would be ashamed of the comments Keith comes out with.

5. Dr Robin Guthrie 23 Sep 2011, 4:58pm

What a knob..

1. Robin, having read his insanitary some what masturbatory rants, he appears to be a big Ex-Gay Knob!!!
        Lol

1. And that comment further reinforces my view that many homosexuals are mentally unbalanced… Why do you have to use sexually explicit and profane language? This Margaret Cho article is a case in point:

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 2:47pm

Yadda Yadda Yadda… nothing but a Big Ol Hypocrite Keith/Jackass/whatever your name will be next…

2. Dr Robin Guthrie 24 Sep 2011, 3:35pm

Hey.

Its you lot that defines us ONLY by our sexuality.

What did you expect. Nuns.

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 4:55pm

“….mentally unbalanced”

LOL… says the person who just can’t keep away from Gay websites…. hilarious.

Backward much Keith/Jack(ass)?

2. Well if you don’t like Gay websites
          Dont visit them!

1. Jock S. Trap 26 Sep 2011, 8:15am

Exactly!!

6. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 8:39am

Has Keith returned?

7. Bigoted Idiot

8. @Jack
      When are you going to move beyond your self-absorbed victimhood?

7. Dick Sanitation – Google his surname and you will see what people think if him.

1. Dick by name….

2. Wow, after googling I can’t see him without laughing.

8. What a dick head!
    I’m glad we have Cameron here, progress will be achieved in the UK while America is still squabbling over where to start their next war

1. thanks to lib dems

1. Yeah that’s right
        The lib dems command so much influence and have nick clegg to personally intervene like cameron did
        Not…

9. Jock S. Trap 23 Sep 2011, 3:18pm

Absolutely disgusting that these people clearly have no respect for those they expect to protect and possibly die doing so. Every person has the right to be open about who they are and if you expect these men and women to do what they do then they should have some balls and respect them.

The fact that he immediately turned the subject of being Gay into ‘sexual activity’ says it all really and how their mind words and then They tell everyone else about morality. They accuse Gay people of being promiscuous yet all They can think about is what people do in bed.

Hypocrites the lot of them. As for those that booed. Shameful, just shameful.

10. Jamie Borris 23 Sep 2011, 3:47pm

I think I slept with this guy. I met him off the train on Denial Station.

11. Even with our own faults and inequalities. I’d rather be gay and in the UK than in America, any day. At least we’re doing something about it, step by step towards marriage equality. No American government, democrat or republican has endorsed it and won’t because of fear of offending the religious bigots who are now in control of them.

We in the UK have to be extra vigilant that it doesn’t happen here.

1. I completely agree!

2. Well said!! Totally agree!

3. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 10:52am

Oh here! here! Robert!!

4. Homosexual marriage is an oxymoron – call it whatever else you like, but marriage by definition is between a man and a woman, as consummation is defined as when the male sexual organ enters the female’s…

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:56pm

Typical of religion to hijack marriage. Not only has marriage been around longer than religion but Civil marriage has Nothing to do with religion. More than that there are religions who wish to actively perform marriage Equality. Not all are nasty excuses like you.

There’s only One moron round here and it’s apparently changed it’s name from Keith to Jack(ass)

2. Gay Marriage has been around for years before the church tried to hi-jack marriage (it was originally counted as a sin against god) however I don’t want gay marriage I want marriage equality.

12. If it was a any other soldier, they would have all fallen over each other thanking him for his service to their country. Equally the candidates would have all condemned certain audience members if it had been targeted other groups…

I find the silence from them all chilling and in their own words, “UnAmerican”.

13. Spanner1960 23 Sep 2011, 5:09pm

I totally agree.

What this actually has to do with gay men and women serving their country I have absolutely no idea. Sexual activity, of any persuasion should be left to the private lives of those people, yet these congressmen would still have them thrown out for even admitting their sexuality.

1. But I think we all know what Rick really means – he has no problem with heterosexuals in the military, but it’s the damn gays he just can’t get his head around. God help America!

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 10:54am

Yes, esp as he clearly only sees Gay people by the sex not as human beings.

With a sewer for brains one has to wonder how they get into such positions of power.

14. What is even more disgusting is that even now that DADT has been repealed, the partners of gay servicemen and women are still denied benefits accorded to the spouses and significant others of their straight counterparts. When a gay soldier dies, his or her partner suffers the last indignity….during the funeral service, the flag is usually presented to the surving spouse as a token of gratitude from a thankful nation. Not so for the survivors of gay service people. The surviving partners get nothing, let alone pension benefits or health care because the federal government still does NOT recognise legitimately married or civil unioned gay couples. From what I know and I could be wrong, gay couples are not allowed to live together on base while on active service. Absolutely appalling and disgusting! This is not equality at all, not in the military at least.

15. I feel so sorry for the guy :(

None of these people deserve to e candidates. They are complicit of homophobia if not worse.

Disgusting

16. Proof eloquent that the GOP has gone over to the loonies. Ill-informed and confused drivel from the candidates and abuse for a soldier from the audience for asking a pertinent question. Frightening.

17. Homophobia – it’s a real vote-winner! … particularly if you want to get the mid-west/southern redneck vote … and you need to win the republican nomination. When you do win the nomination, then you can pretend to be slightly more ‘pro-gay’ in order to secure the middle of the road vote. It works a treat every time. 20-30 years ago the same tactic was used, but it was anti-black rather than anti-gay. American politics is oh so predictable.

1. Gay Daily Mail Reader 24 Sep 2011, 6:25am

Nowadays not even the Republicans can get away with being anti-black although 30 years ago they probably would have. Maybe in 30 years time the same party will not get away with being anti-gay. Successive opinion polls show that people are becoming more tolerant every year in the Americas, Europe and Australasia and one day homophobia will be a vote loser rather than vote gainer.

18. What is his obsession with gay sex about I wonder? He doesn’t rant about straight sex though, notice?

19. Is this another party that likes to pay lip service to concepts such as “individual liberty” “personal freedom” and “small government”?

20. The soldier did right by addressing the candidate that is running for president , this one , santrum is one of the worst candidates also, all of the republican candidates are a disaster waiting to happen in the us onto the nation, they are all bigots and tell you on the tv camera, racist with teeth and fangs , waiting to violate famiies rights and lives, and cause many injustices and unfair acts as they did against the colored people and the womens movement, they still are doing the same evils, karl kuger, in the republcan party was the only candidate , that even spoke of the great sadness of the children who commited suicides because of bigotry and harrassment, the other bigoted republican candidates made blanted jokes and remarks of making fun of the matter , wanting to csontinue the trend, somebody should have immediately halled the person out for yelling at the soldier, everyone had better question these demons, most of them will tell you in your face they are simply no good racis

21. Speaking as a GAY Republican man serving in the military, I have to say a candidate like this is not we want in the White House. This candidate is an IDIOT and has NO sense at all. Have he ever served in the military before? NO! I am sure about that. Plus thank GOD for President Obahma, has opened the eyes of the military and the military is accepting of it. As gay men and women, we have served for years and we all did our job but we had to hide who we are and now we don’t have to be that way. I think he is so brain washed his brain needs to be reinitialized. I wish his son or daughter is gay. My brother who was booed, forget them as Jesus said, “Father forgive them for they no not what they do.”

We are the ones who are protecting him and his family so he need to GET OVER it and himself. An if society elect him into the White House, that’s just like putting everyone back into slavery.

22. hmm.. im sure it has already been said (havent read all 48 comments yet). but its kinda funny how the dude mentions that ”I would say any type of sexual activity has absolutely no place in the military.”

…apart from ‘straight’ sex :P

23. Rick Santorum’s DADT Response Criticized By SLDN, Log Cabin Republicans:

24. Rick Santorum Owes Stephen Hill An Apology, Gay GOP Group GOProud Says:

25. Interesting comment!
    “He said: “I would say any type of sexual activity has absolutely no place in the military. ”

Maybe I am wrong… but I thought people were in the military to serve honor and defend their country?

The fact that the speakers didn’t caution the crowd for their heckling reaction to the soldier is wrong, instead these morons turn the discussion in to “No place for sex in the military” for moralists their minds obsessively dwell on sexual experimentation in the military.

The US military recruitment boast many things to potential recruits but no where if he looked hard enough would Rick Santorum find a recruitment campaign that gives reason to “join the military for the sex!”

The more Rich Santorum speaks the less he becomes less and less a Presidential hopeful, and more hopeful Presidential candidate has been!

26. jamestoronto 24 Sep 2011, 8:48am

Republicans are a repelling, repressive, repulsive, repugnant, reprehensive lot. Can this, the party of Lincoln, sink any lower?

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Sep 2011, 1:57pm

“sink any lower?”

I fully expect them to try!

1. jamestoronto 25 Sep 2011, 4:40am

As do I.

27. I wonder what happens to the marriages on base? Aren’t you heterosexual if you’re getting married on base. Boy i’m appalled that a presidential candidate could make such a moronic comment.

28. NK, the fact that you are a gay republican is one thing, but even if you vote for Ron Paul, a republican civil libertarian who believes that the individual states have a right to legislate for and against marriage equality, what does that say about being gay and republican? Your vote, no matter who it’s for is still supporting the republican party which almost always votes away your rights. Mitt Romney and Rick Perry would oppose any federal intervention in repealing DOMA as do most republicans. Don’t you think there is something intrinscally wrong supporting that party? It’s tantamount to Jews supporting Hitler, voting for their own disenfranchisement and annihilation.

29. If this be the case Mr. Santorum, then we should ban any sexual or romantic gesture by any and all military personnel seeing it has no place in the uniformed services of this country. Straight men shouldn’t have intimate gestures with their wives/girlfriends as well as gay men with their partners. There needs to be equality in the service branches as well to improve the overall cohesiveness and moral of all military personnel. This would remove the bias of one group being “better” than the other….this would make it equal.

1. Jonpol . . . Thanks for posting this

30. Chloe Cloud Dinan 25 Sep 2011, 3:21am

Calling all Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgenders and Transsexuals Of the world unite My Brothers and Sisters and take to the streets in a blazing path of destruction in order to get the rights and freedoms we deserve. For far to long our kind been treated as inferior and worthless It is now our time to rise and show them at we are not inferior!!! Make no Mistake, They are trying to wipe us out just because they see us as not normal.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A REVOLUTION!!!!!

Fight for our Existence!!!!

31. Folks – should anyone be surprised by the behaviour of a Republican crowd at this stage of the game? It’s just a case of keeping them and their influence to the minimum. I lived in America in my twenties – I’m soooooooooooo glad I don’t now!

32. Here in America we dont discriminate, well not until its a gay issue because then its totally ok for the government to discriminate against the gay minority.