Rap star Game urges gay artists to come out to avoid passing on ‘AIDS’

1. Kim Berlin 6 Sep 2011, 1:12pm

…. so … why is this news? or are we celebrating that a straight rap artist is encouraging gay artists to come out …

and could someone please translate the quotes into English … thanks :-)

1. He is not “encouraging” them to come out; he is slagging them off for not coming out.

2. Wow he managed to say something right but for all the wrong reasons.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 7 Sep 2011, 6:23am

There was nothing right about any of that as far as I could see.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2011, 10:44am

@SMC…
        …i agree. He was basically saying that all gay peeps have aids so you need to know who is gay. Just another illiterate ignorant (American?) rapper showing his homophobia and ignorance

1. I totally agree with you. He’s saying gay men have AIDS and are passing it on and so they need to come out of the closet – Just another Illiterate Rapper!

2. He was saying all gay men should be out and proud (which I believe they should a closet case is as bad as a homophobe in my eyes) and then ruined it with the whole aids thing.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 7 Sep 2011, 12:32pm

No Hamish, he is saying that gay people should come out otherwise they are a hidden danger.

He makes the assumption that a) all gay people have AIDS, b) that closet gay people will not take safer sex measures c) only the gay person is responsible for ensuring that safer sex, rather than both parties equally.

3. “Game has no problem with gay people” Any tool that talks about themselves in the second person is shouldn’t be entitled to have an opinion. Has anyone told him that straight people can spread a disease? Straight black people for instance.

1. Oh no James all straight people with HIV must be secretly gay even if they’ve never been attracted to someone of the same sex or slept with them. Don’t you know aids is a gay disease?!!!

I don’t think anyone stupid enough to have a tattoo on their face should be giving anyone advise about anything. Wtf talks about themselves in the first person?

1. I think you’ll find it’s the third, Joss.

1. Oops that’s what happens when you can’t see what you’re typing…
          Be nice if they could fix that now

2. Oi are you so deviod of character that you cannot express your own opinion you have to try to steal mine.

You could never be me

1. That was for James! the imposter

1. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2011, 10:52am

….don’t ya just hate it when dudes post a comment even racist comments and afeter they have posted it and see how bad it looks, pretend that it was posted by an impoater….yea right.
          This is why we all should be REQUIRED to have an avatar.

1. Don’t be a twat paddy

4. What gormless drivel. Who is this clown?

5. Ok so he wants to know who is gay so he can avoid HIV?????? So obviously he is sleeping with men and wants to know who is gay and who is “straight” cause he wants to use condoms with the full gay guys?????? Does he realize what he is saying?

6. It’s precisely the closet cases who engage in high risk behaviour, live double lives within marriage, etc. This rapper is inarticulate as hell, but correct on the substance.

7. I love rap, but some of the quotes sound like he has learning difficulties. The one about aids is classic, but ‘man fan’ is the best. I hope it’s 50 cent who is gay. I always thought he and eminem were a couple. Maybe that’s just my fantasy.

8. Troy Penderson 6 Sep 2011, 3:59pm

Okay. On the surface this is a good thing, but as you scratch the top layer, it’s goodness ends there.

This is basically saying: You can get HIV/AIDS just because you’re gay. Never forgetting the fact that many guys who are straight give their women HIV/AIDS.

He’s relying on negative stereotyped information that gay people are catching it JUST BECAUSE. I am a gay black man and I don’t have HIV, I use condoms, I’m doing it safely and I get tested. I don’t put myself at risk either. That’s the whole thing.

Game needs to STFU

9. But doesn’t that picture make him look like a lovely, warm, friendly person?

|Unfortunately it doesn’t adequately show that his mouth is far bigger than his brain.

I reckon that ‘celebrities’ who don’t have a full understanding of the issues should keep their mouths shut lest members of the public accidentally think they know what they are talking about.

10. I don’t really understand what he’s getting at..

It sounds as though he thinks that closet cases sort of exude a miasma of AIDS upon all those around them; but as soon as they come out, the AIDS contagion is automatically abated as if by magic..

I don’t really understand.. is he retarded or some such~?

11. I don’t understand a word of what he is saying? Did he just say Gay people all have A.I.D.S or just those in the closet? I mean…what the… No I’m afraid I need a translator for this one :s

12. So this guy, of whom I have never heard, thinks the world should be interested in his opinion? Anyone who feels they have to add that they are ‘not homophobic’ needs to engage brain BEFORE opening mouth!!!!

13. So to sum up a closeted gay will have Aids, and by coming out they wont ? Or are they still gay with aids but just now deemed “safe” gays that as they are out cant pass on aids?

This man is a stupid c**t who , lets face it , a closeted homophobe regardless of what he says!

14. Staircase2 6 Sep 2011, 6:11pm

Well done, The Game for standing up and being counted.

Shame on all the(usual) bollocks idiots on here who are slagging him off (largely it would appear simply because they dont know who he is?!)

Its time that someone broke the back of Homophobia in HipHop and The Game (for those who dont know any better) is one of the biggest.

Contrary to what the drivellers on here are saying, he didnt say that all Gay people have AIDS – the point he made – which is a valid one, is that hiding in the closet is dangerous for those people you have sex. Simply because people in the closet will lie so much to protect their secret identity that you cant trust what they may tell you about their sexual history or, indeed, about potential sexual infections.

Someone had to say it – someone had to open up the debate – you make take issue with the way he expresses himself but I am full of admiration for what he’s done. Russell Simmons has already been standing up and being counted.

1. Staircase2 6 Sep 2011, 6:12pm

That kind of level of public support from some of the biggest stars is the groundwork we need in order to bring about an even playing field.

The first major star to come out – if they play it right – is going to be HUGE.

1. Well put Staircase.
        The rest of you overzealous queens have read this completely out of context and couldn’t wait to get your racist claws into the guy I see. In fact Pink News could have done a much better job on this article and or at least include the video interview.

Peace

1. Sister Mary Clarence 7 Sep 2011, 6:30am

okay Tia Maria, I’m black too, so the racism thing ain’t going to wash with me, and I think the guy is a moron.

He is a small minded little bigot who is clearly missing an education.

And as for your little racist dig at everyone else who has posted here, I didn’t really pick any up. He is an idiot AND he is black. I don’t believe anyone has suggested he is an idiot BECAUSE her is black

1. Staircase2 7 Sep 2011, 2:17pm

The point is, sister – that none of what is being said here relates to the article and everything is relating to the fact that he’s black and ‘uneducated’ – and if you think theres nothing here thats racist then I suggest you get your glasses out of your wimple and give them a really good wipe…

2. Sister Mary Clarence 9 Sep 2011, 9:24pm

Staircase, I can only see two mentions of ‘black’ thus far in the comments, one by me and the other by another poster identifying himself as black.

I have no argument with the fact that the guy is ‘uneducated’. He’s a total moron.

Despite anything you’ve said I still can’t see that anyone has posted anything racist. You seem to be the only one drawing any association between his being a d1ck and being black.

2. “The number one issue with that is that you can be fooling somebody and you could give them AIDS [sic] and they can die.” He is basically using the whole aids is a gay disease thing.

My earlier comment pointed out it was a good idea but it is just carrying on this stupid idea that only gays catch aids.

And as for the racism dig its people like you who call everyone a racist makes it really difficult when you are trying to point out proper racism.

1. Staircase2 7 Sep 2011, 2:19pm

There is a constant undercurrent of racism on the Pink News comments boards

Its not a ‘dig’ its an observation – so maybe you and Sister Mary Clarence could get together and form a prayer group to ponder on why that is….

2. Tia Maria 7 Sep 2011, 2:24pm

Ok keep your drawers on the both of you. The guy was not articulate enough but he meant well. My ‘racism dig’ was aimed at several moronic comments on here like Jame!’s and JohnD and those in agreement with the fools. How’s that for racism? Or did that wash with you Sister Mary Clarence? I’m not a fan of rap music but I happened to see the entire interview on VLAD TV. Now sit down!

15. Since when did being in the closet automatically give you aids?? i agree with Hamish, this guy’s got the right idea but he’s SO deluded!!

16. He is talking the talk but is he walking the walk? What is he doing to make it possible for gay rap stars to be free to be gay and still play in the game? Back up the words with some action big man, help gays get their freedom and make it so black and white gays in rap can be out and free.

17. Just so you idiots learn something today – You can’t catch AIDS – you catch HIV – and someone tell this retarded rapping fool that coming out will not make a difference about transmission – He should be telling his black rapping community to practise safe sex – 33 million on the planet are living with HIV and the largest number of cases are from Black Africans (Hetro mostly) and not from Gays – he really must be dumb as a box of frogs!

1. Staircase2 7 Sep 2011, 2:08pm

That really is missing the point of the article….

1. Sister Mary Clarence 9 Sep 2011, 9:30pm

No Staircase its an absolutely fair comment. If more people in the black community stood up and started to speak to other members of the black community about the dangers of HIV/AIDS perhaps they would listen more – peer support/training works on this very principle.

I absolutely agree with John’s comment. Depressing as it is, this guy is a role model to many (not sure how many, but many) in the black community and he could use his two minutes of fame to actually do something of worth instead of spouting sh1te.

18. Spanner1960 9 Sep 2011, 5:18pm

Sounds like anyone that refers to themselves in the third party is just another dumb-ass n******.

19. Well said!

20. I hope u get the bounty of your hateful lifestyle: a smack in the face.

21. This was in reply to something that has obviously been moderated and deleted.