Jedward ‘not gay’, says tour manager

1. I couldn’t give two hoots what their sexualities are.

1. So, are they computer generated semi-autonomous entities then?

1. I think it’s fairly likely

2. does it matter str8 or gay they are both very annoying and should be put upagainst a wall and have something very nasty and possibly terminal (like scalping) inflicting on them or just blunt force trauma

1. What are you? some kind of psychotic child abuser? They are only silly , innocuous teenagers unlike the feral savages running riot on the streets of britain. You need help urgently.

1. they are 19 nearly 20 time to grow up

1. Possibly their behaviour is a ruse and they are actually a lot more savvy than you assume. They obviously have a lucrative market by their act. Anyhow i would rather kids like them than the vile, obese, ugly, sloppy ,fake patois speaking gansta obsessed, zero personality youth roaming british streets., or the supposed adults obsessed with bullying them. you sound like one of the alleged grown up losers who go to their appearances to boo.

1. don’t tell me your a secret or open fan of the meandering toothbrush heads

2. No, but i have a balanced view which is unlike you. After reading your previous comment where you condone violence and torture because you have unhinged, obsessional issues about them. You are the one with the unhealthy obsession . Get a grip you bitter , twisted old queen.

2. Phillip Levett 1 Sep 2011, 1:17pm

Penfold, to be truthful I agree with your statement expect I would just lock them up in prison for killing good music, but if we do that to Jedward, we have to do that to ever annoying pop teen that ever comes out of the vile world of, music companies for example Justin Bieber, and then deal with the hundreds of scream 13 year old girls and there mothers.

1. If you feel that way might as well lock up most fame obsessed, music drivel “of the noughties for killing good music.

3. Really? Who cares?

1. Pre-teen girls …maybe.

4. Thank fuk for that.

5. You know, they are separate people. It is entirely possible that one of them might be gay while the other one isn’t. I find it rather creepy that nowhere in this article, and presumably the press release that spawned it, is that fact recognised.

1. Dan Filson 30 Aug 2011, 9:50pm

It is frequently the case with identical twins, that one is gay and the other, well, isn’t exactly.

1. Indeed. My straight identical twin brother is fairly solid proof of this.

Though identical twins are generally more likely to be of the same orientation than fraternal twins (I think it’s something like 60% are the same, according to studies), who in turn are more likely to be the same than unrelated people. So I can just about see why it might be assumed that they would share an orientation, though it really is an unwarranted piece of speculation.

6. de Villiers 30 Aug 2011, 6:39pm

There is an English and American obsession with prudishness and abstinence. Sex and desire are seen as wrong. Perhaps it’s due to the religion in the United States and the miserable weather in England.

1. Staircase2 31 Aug 2011, 3:47am

Eh?
      Who said ‘the English’ are uptight about sex? (Maybe 30 years ago perhaps – but you’ve clearly read an out of date handbook! – Download the new version! lol)

…America now is a different matter entirely….

(And it has nothing to do with ‘miserable weather’ either – how odd…..)

1. Rain does stop outdoor sex so could be the weather.

1. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 2:31pm

Who says? (just kiddin!!) :P

2. de Villiers 31 Aug 2011, 5:53pm

Sex is everywhere in this country and treated in such a puerile way. It is either all tabloid false-prudishness tittle-tattle about the behaviour of ‘celebrities’ or smutty images such as FHM or in the Sun.

I am also still shocked to see how women behave in England – particularly in the west-end of London or in some of the northern cities. I have never seen women behave in such a way in either France or Italy.

7. Tom Stoppard 30 Aug 2011, 6:39pm

As they have a mental age of about 10, their sexuality is kind of a moot point. Anyone who considers sex with them, gay or straight, probably wants locking up.

8. I know for a fact that one of them is gay (which one I won’t say). FACT! GAY!

1. Same here…I know which one.. :)

9. No sex before marriage and they are not gay as well.HAHAHA,they are really from Ireland

1. Seeing as 30% of chilldren in Ireland are born outside of wedlock I hardly think that point stands.

1. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 5:20pm

@SteveC…
        ….i presume you are joking about your 30% figure or it’s possibly a typo. The figure is roughly 2.7% to 3.3% outside marriage but possibly that doesn’t suit your anti Irish agenda.
        Your figures are more in keeping with the situation in the UK which has the largest percentage of children born to unwed mothers in Europe, arguably the world although it is also quite high in the Xtian regions of the United States..

10. I know for a fact that one of the boys is gay (which one? I shall not say). But FACT! GAY!!

1. @Sean/@John: Using more than one alias to reinforce your point doesn’t make it any more credible. Just makes you look desperate for attention.

1. Perhaps Sean and John are another ‘Jedward’ -> Sjohn

No, maybe not!

11. Ricardo Duarte 30 Aug 2011, 9:00pm

JEDWARD GAY??????? No, not at all. Two regular Arnold Schwarzeneggers

12. Are they not managed by Louis Walsh? Who is gay…

1. Gay Daily Mail Reader 31 Aug 2011, 6:51am

Louis Walsh is 58 years old and quite good-looking so why is he still single? Also he stated that he would have vetoed Stephen Gateley’s membership of Boyzone if he had been open about his sexuality at the start – note all those recent anti-gay polititians and public figures in America who have been caught pants down in bed with people of the same sex. Come out Louis – we will think all the more of you!

1. Louise Walsh is not single.

He has been in a longterm relationship with a man for about 20 years.

He just doesn’t talk about it.

13. Dan Filson 30 Aug 2011, 9:49pm

Jedward ‘not gay’ – that’s a relief! We must maintain standards.

1. Do you ever post any comments that aren’t ridiculous.

2. It would be more of a relief if you were “not gay”

14. Paddyswurds 30 Aug 2011, 10:14pm

I don’t think it is anyones fcuking business whether these two boys are gay or not, especially the hateful trolls on this site. No wonder the “straight” world hates us so. As for “penfold”, the police need to know about you. and you clearly shouldn’t be at large Sheeesh!!

Oh and by the way, the boys have already amassed €10 million between them. How many of the jealous queens slagging them off have earned a million never mind 10.

1. Actually..I have to agree.

Good luck to them, they’ve made it big and they’re happy enough.

2. They have amassed 10 million between them?

10 million Zimbabwean dollars I presume?

Coming 6th in X Factor; 8th in Eurovision and a number 1 album in Ireland does not a millionaire make.

1. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 12:08pm

@SteveC…
        ……They have been working 24/7 since they “didn’t win” x factor. They earned over £1 million in the first bweek after x factor and had over £3 million in advance bookings before they even left x factor. Winning x factor is hardly a pathway to riches as any of the winning losers will tell you. It is usually the also rans who end up with the millions as Subo will gladly tell you. I detect a smidgen of sour grapes in your comment stevie boy. When will you earn your first million. Oh thats right youu can’t earn a million on benefits. Grow up, pet.

1. @Paddyswurds If your idea of “working” includes making an arse of yourself in a nappy while sucking on a dummy then they deserve every penny to compensate for saying goodbye to whatever dignity they have left – and telling someone to grow up when you know way too much about a couple of adolescent boys and their career gave me a good larf mate…

1. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 5:35pm

@Melissa…
            …..”you know way too much about a couple of adolescent boys ” Yet another dump and run creep who doesn’t know her arse from a hole in the ground. They are not “adolescent boys” as you creepily put it. They are several months short of twenty. If they have to wash the floor with their tounges and are willing to do so then good luck to them. They aren’t, unlike you sponging of the state and will enjoy their millions when you are trudging down to the dole office for you handout.
            As for whether I know “way too much” about them, why wouldnt I. I am Irish and they are rarely out of the Irish newspapers and indeed British papers but then that is also something trailerpark trash like you would be unlikely to know anything about. Jealousy is a trait that is also a feature of the non personality of you and your sort. Crawl back under the woodpile and fester, creep. They are Irish, they are (fairly) goodlooking and they are successful and clearly saying “up your”.

2. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 5:38pm

ooops..
            ….”up yours” and I for one am proud of them.

2. Words faile me.

The start of your post made a certain amount of sense.

But when you descended into name-calling (over Jedward!!!!!!!!!) I realsed that Paddyswurds is in fact an 8 year old schoolgirl.

It’s not nice to pick on schoolchlldren so I’ll bow out of this conversation.

1. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 5:41pm

@steveC..
            ….name calling? And that from a jealous queen who begrudges a couple of boys their success.

3. @Paddyswurds So happy you are proud of these fine examples of Irish entrepreneurship chap, and reading the garbage you write here I can totally understand why they you would look up to them. I’ve noticed you comment on anyone who responds to your inane drivel as a “dump and run” merchant as if only you have a legitimate voice for having nothing better to do then spend half your life on Pink News – guess no one wants to talk with you babe in real life! As for the other consistent insult that folk that disagree with you are on benefits – well I’m guessing that’s a fantasy around a bit of rough for you. Now, I too am going to picture you as a naughty little gobby 8 year old schoolgirl who’s parents ignored her and didn’t get her a pony for her back yard like the rest of your bretheren.

1. Melissa I think I am in love….

15. Lucius Malfoy 30 Aug 2011, 10:39pm

It’s time to leave those kids alone

16. Wow, Jedward not gay? Well there goes the hearts of millions of gay men all over the UK.

17. Wow – they have a sexuality! That is quite an innovation, for cardboard cut-outs.

I’m sure they are lovely.

18. They’re still top of my Hitler youth spitroast fantasy. I’m sure Louis has had a crack at them.

1. Paddyswurds 31 Aug 2011, 12:01pm

@cmyd….
      …asshole is the only way to describe you and your hate filled illiterate comment.

19. I don’t know why some folk are getting all hissy over the fact they may be gay.Whatever their sexuality,they’re OVER the age of consent.So whatever ‘fantasies’ some may have about them,(shudders),it doesn’t make them paedophiles.Jeeze! Personally I’d be more concerned about the fact that they’ve amassed a huge fortune for basically being utterly talentless.What does THAT tell us about Britain?!

20. I guess one could be gay and the other not, or less so. Saying that I think identical twin studies have shown that where one is gay the other is 50% of the time, thus feeding into the gay gene/s theory.

They’re both off the chart on my gaydar, for what it’s worth, and I have a pretty good nose for these things. Nor am I the only one getting this reading, by a long shot.

Either way their tour manager’s comment is a little weird. “I’m sure they do fancy girls but don’t like talking about sex as they’re probably aware that their granny is watching.” It sounds like he’s trying to reassure against the undesirable possibility that they might be gay.

“The Jonas Brothers are their idols and they said they didn’t want sex before marriage. I think the boys live their life by these guys.” Infatuated with hot boy band. That’s not gay at all. :P

21. martyn notman 31 Aug 2011, 7:51am

make me cringe, although to be fair the two eps ive seen they have been quite funny. I think the real story should be how much photo-shopping Attitude magazine did when they had them as cover stars with shirts off a few months ago- cos they sure as hell dont look like that now!

22. Its a wonder they’re not training for the priesthood, sounds right up their street.

23. love or hate these two guy’s i don’t think it is fair to keep saying that we should do awful thin’g to them, surely this is the lowest from of Bullying? They have taken an awful lot of flak and rose above it all and become successful is that why folk are really annoyed? last laugh to jedward, gay or straight who cares?

24. “My Jedward’s Not Gay!”

25. I like Jedward.

They cannot sing,but they seem sweet enough.

1. Yeah, they are fun, silly and annoyingly visually entertaining, they are going to have the last laugh anyway.
      I guess they should really get into gangsta rap and wear droopy pants to show off their booty cracks and moan on and on about pussy and about killing f&ggots if they want to be taken seriously.

26. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 12:41pm

Trying to think about something I care less about.

1. Try thinking about what happens to your toenail parings after you bin them and they get taken away in the rubbish truck.

1. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 2:36pm

bin them? Not someone who uses them to build a 20ft replica of the Titantic then?

Oh and no I haven’t in case anyones thinking it!!

2. This isn’t really even a news item. “Somebody that I am not interested in isn’t something”. Why is that newsworthy?

1. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 2:37pm

I dunno, I guess 50 comments makes it nearly news.

1. I don’t think the number of comments is a valid criteria on which items are newsworthy, judging from the volume of comments on some recent pieces!

1. And I realise I have now added to that number, so I shall stop!

27. That’s the best news I’ve heard all day!

28. I don’t understand the media obsession witch hunt over sexuality, it’s none of our bussiness, if they’re/one of them is gay let them/him come out at their/his own time, if they’re not then they’re not.

I hate witch hunts over sexuality, I almost consider them homophobic to a degree and I’m disapointed this is news on pink news.

1. The two of them are getting well paid for appearing on Celebrity Big Brother. This is a story because their manager denied they are gay. Not long ago Jedward said they like girls and don’t care what people think, so I wonder why their manager “defended” them.

29. I’m pretty sure that there has been a lot of research that twins are highly likely to both be gay/straight, not just one. Although I don’t believe in stereotypes, Jedward does seem to match up to the most common misconception of a gay stereotype!

30. Not gay!!! My grandmother used to have a comment ..”Then your hat fell off!”

31. Camp as a row of tents.

1. Ah, but camp and gay aren’t necessarily the same things though, are they?

2. so is jonathan ross, russel brand, simon cowell, vernon kay etc etc . Are mannerisms definitive of sexuality to you?

32. Jedward ‘not gay’, says tour manager

‘Could have fooled me’ says everyone else.

33. BruceWillis 2 Sep 2011, 9:49pm

Bollocks. of course one of them is gay & the other one is straight. plus they are both bloodly gorgeous twins. I think there second album ‘Victory’ is so much better then there first total embarrassment ‘Planet Jedward’ album because its got all original songs on it rather then awful cover versions. plus I think they look so much hotter & better with there hair down especially in there modeling photo shoots. plus they so put on this annoying pure & innocent & simple ‘oh we are so virgins’ crap act for the camera. we are not stupid Jedward. we all know you are not annoying pure, innocent, simple & virgins. we all think there is more to you too then meets the eye. :)

34. Don Harrison 5 Sep 2011, 8:02pm

35. James Savik 3 Oct 2013, 11:40am

They are not gay because we canceled their membership cards. We have our standards.