Kent gay man guilty of assaulting homophobic, disabled father

1. Stuart Neyton 26 Aug 2011, 9:40am

I don’t like the emphasis on the fact his father was homophobic in this. If they have irreconcilable differences surely they would have parted decades ago.

There is NO excuse for assaulting an 80 year old disabled man.

1. i totally agree stuart – he should have assaulted him years ago and run off with his oxygen tank!

1. This post reveals the crimiality and mindset of the gay brigade who whinge about civil infringements and equality nonsense in the recent guest house case but are willing to resrot to criminal behaviour to further their immoral agenda.. A recent article on here about US brides had one member encouraging hacking of the website of a legal business, a criminal offence.

1. And you get all that from one remark, do you? Gosh. Just imagine what people foolish enough to read the Old Testament as a historical document must be able to extrapolate.

1. extrapolate – ah yes it is so easy to look up words/definitions/meanings on-line………. well piss off ret@rd that’s all you are in reality – a fool with a very small tool

2. I think it was the lack of condemnation from any poster, meyself being the sole protestor, that convinced me.
            The bible is irrelevant as person of conscience can see that the poster (which you did not condemn) was encouraging criminality. Also, I have suffered personal abuse and allsorts of death wishes from a few of the single celled entities that reside on here despite the fact that I have never broken a rule, issued a threat or wished the same on a single person on here. You people need to get your act together and act within the law. Man people are currently passive toward homosexual militancy but if you don’t want to become pariahs, learn how to behave as responsible citizens in the wider community.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 8:23am

Oh my, I see the uneducated idiots are running free again.

4. @linz/potato: there, there.
            *pats hand*

5. @ Keith: yes, we know you’re shrewd, even clever, enough to keep within the rules, that’s what makes you such an outstandingly gifted troll.

6. “I think it was the lack of condemnation from any poster”
            Oddly, you seem not to have noticed the first post in this thread.

7. Jock S. Trap 28 Aug 2011, 8:21am

Rehan
            Thats because like the Bible he chooses what to see and what to ignore.
            It’s good that you have raised this point as we actually have proof now.

2. DJ Sheepiesheep 27 Aug 2011, 2:15am

I think Keith secretly likes me ;-) Or is he just entralled by my fascinating posts? I simply can’t tell!

2. Dr Robin Guthrie 26 Aug 2011, 9:52am

Drivel.

He has obviously supported his father despite his fathers homophobia. Up until now.

Some 80 year olds are the most spiteful hateful old gits you could possibly image, and I’ve experienced quite a few of them.

Just surprising it took him this long to “clock” the old barsteward.

1. Dr who ffs???

Even if you are a doctor who fecking care?. Is your monicker supposed to make people believe in what you spout?

2. I hope the homophobic comments are taken as mitigation, but they’re not an excuse.

3. Sarah Davis 26 Aug 2011, 9:50am

The son probably felt he had to look after his dad. I’m not excusing him hitting his father, but I’m guessing he had no support from social services. I’m a carer for my ex, and I can tell you sometimes I could gladly throttle him.

1. I agree. I cared for my mother for five years full time and she drove me up the wall.

2. Spanner1960 26 Aug 2011, 3:18pm

I don’t think many people appreciate the stress involved in caring for an elderly relative, particularly parents. One is torn between family ties and loyalty and wanting to be able to have a life of their own. On top of that when the relative is difficult or even abusive, one wonders how some people manage to survive without sneaking into their room one night with a pillow…

1. we should take a spanner to you

4. Jock S. Trap 26 Aug 2011, 9:54am

Ok so he snapped at the last straw of abuse. Understandable but not excusable.
    Though no amount of homophobia is acceptable it is worse when it is from a supposedly loved one.
    I would imagine guilt kept him there to look after his father which his father should have shown appreciation for not abusive behaviour.
    A very sad case, this.

5. It’s a pity that old git didn’t die years ago. Coffin-dodgers are more trouble than they are worth, particularly when they are homophobic. Hopefully, the son will now see the wisdom in letting him pay for his own care, or die.

1. Utterly distasteful referring to coffin dodgers – you have no idea of whether the old man still had pleasure from life despite his disabilities.

As to the case, the son won’t be caring for his mother any more. I suspect the father will get institutional care, whether in his own home or in a local authority care home. Whether he’ll be happier without his son, who knows. Both will, I suspect, have regrets for how this turned out.

6. Oh, and as for the son? A free pardon and an OBE is in order, I think.

7. Muir Dragonne 26 Aug 2011, 11:03am

You should never assault someone, period. An old man on oxygen, especially. I don’t care if his father is homophobic, hitting him was wrong.

The people here who are basically saying that he got what he deserved, what is wrong with you? The only time it’s ok to hit someone is when they are physically attacking you and then you should only hit them enough to get them to stop.

The son should have put his dad into care if the verbal abuse and loaning money was causing him to not be able to care for his dad. If he would have got out before it all “boiled over”, then his dad wouldn’t have been hurt and he wouldn’t be facing assault charges. Hopefully the outcome of the court proceedings will be beneficial to both of them.

1. Spanner1960 26 Aug 2011, 3:22pm

That is so easy for you to say. The constant day after day bickering and jibes is enough to wear a saint down. Irrespective of whether the comments were homophobic, the man obviously snapped. Putting somebody into care is much more difficult than you might imagine, and I genuinely feel for this man’s plight.

1. you really are a freak

1. Fugli is that a commentry on your face or your personality or both. Go Fu<k off to a site where people care what you have to say!

2. Agreed. Carers save the NHS several hundreds of millions ever year but often at an enormous cost to the carer who often winds up with little support from social services. I’ve experienced it myself and have friends with similar problems. I feel for the guy – decades of abuse does more emotional and psychological abuse than ppl appreciate, i should know. I hope the Mag court shows him some empathy.

8. What an idiot – he should have stuck his father in a really grotty care home and never visited him.

Far more effective form of revenge for which he wouild have had no liability.

9. At the end of the day, even with provocation, there is NO excuse for assaulting an 80 year old man.

The constant abuse may be a mitigating factor, but at the end of the day he still shouldn’t have done it and should face the full weight of the charges against him – the court should acknowledge the long-running provocation and then say “you should still have known better.”

10. There is no excuse for an assault but I have huge sympathy for someone who snaps after caring for a vulnerable but difficult relative out of family duty. We live over a hundred miles from my elderly father-in-law who is frail and has increasing mobility problems. My partner especially has to visit him more and more. He is nothing like the old b*****d in this story but he can be obsessive, cantankerous, narrow-minded and totally set in his ways and at times we could both strangle him. And we don’t even live with him!!

11. I love how many people start their sentences with “there’s no excuse” followed by a whole list of excuses.

There are excuses. Perhaps not legally in this case, but as we’re not jurors, just spectators, I fully sympathise with the son. It irritates me that the legal system and the public are happy to watch someone’s life get turned upside down because of one poor decision, and completely ignore previous good conduct. Has the man ever committed a crime before? Why do we ignore 40 years of good citizenship for a minor crime like this, and yet some people protest at heavy handed sentences for rioting thugs? Insane.

I hope the son doesn’t receive a custodial sentence.

12. No excuse for hitting an elderly man who is very unwell.

Just take the homophobic comments. You’ve had it since 15 and your still here so just deal with it.

And as for money… He’s your dad just give him the money

1. Matt Harrison 26 Aug 2011, 2:43pm

there’s also no excuse for homophobic insults, especially towards a child who should be and deserves to be loved and supported by their parents, gay or straight.

no one should be expected to “just deal with” hoomophobic abuse. would you say to a victim of racism “you’ve had it all your life so just deal with it”?

1. And there’s also no reason to look after an old b@st@rd like that guy.

Stick him in a home and let him fester.

Parents are responsible for their children until the children reach adulthood.

However they need also to be aware that when they get older the tables are turned and that they will be reliant on their children.

So elderly parents need to learn to respect their children.

Otherwise they deserve to get stuck in a home.

1. You appear to be condoning assault, which is criminal behaviour. Those who are racially abused are NOT entitled to assault unless in delf defence. Neither are those who are in sulted due to being homosexual.

13. Who reported this to the police? The older man?
    If so it seems he was carrying his spite a little too far.
    Any of us can be driven by circumstances to strike out we are all capable of it.
    For most of it it would take a particular circumstance – self protection or extreme outrage.
    If anyone was to assault my partner of 30 years I would certainly strike out, and make damn sure they didn’t get up in a hurry either.

1. Jock S. Trap 26 Aug 2011, 3:22pm

Indeed. And what’s the betting the son will live with the added guilt of his actions as even more punishment to having an abusive father he was willing to look after.

14. now wait a moment here (apologies for my English, it’s my second language ;) )

If a man is constantly abusive with his wife, and one day she can’t take it anymore and attack him, her lawyers will tell the judge that she “suffers of battered wife syndrome”, which means that she had to cope with abusive behavior for years.

Isn’t that exactly the same thing here, the gay son hat to put up with homophobia, humiliations and offensive / aggressive behavior for years (since he was 15 !!!)

Now why can’t we say: “Ok yes the son was violent in the end, but that is only because he has been oppressed and suffered homophobia for nearly 20 years!! Isn’t that “battered homosexual syndrome” or something similar?

If a woman kills her abusive husband, that’s ok because he was torturing her. If a father tortures his gay son for 20 years, his son doesn’t have the right to fight back and say: Enogh!

look, you tell me what you think.

BATTERED WIFE SYNDROME
    and Battered woman defense

1. Jock S. Trap 26 Aug 2011, 3:25pm

You are correct. If indeed this was the case with this father and son then I think the court should look on it as such.

15. Spanner1960 26 Aug 2011, 3:29pm

I suspect a lot of people on here are relatively young, and not yet experienced seeing their parents grow old.

I read an article with the comedian Hugh Dennis, who’s Father is a Bishop; he said “There is a point in everyone’s life where your parents stop looking after you, and you start looking after them.” It’s a simple statement, yet very profound, and one has no idea of the sheer scale of the situation until it happens to you.
    It’s all very well people saying “Stick them in a home”, but these are the people that brought you into the world. If you are under 40, I would take a long hard look at the prospects, because sooner or later it’s going to happen to you too.

1. As I said above – parents need to respect their adult children.

Just because they brought you into the world does not entitle them to behave in a rude or disrespectful manner,

I agree that at some stage the parent becomes reliant on the child.

If the parent has been a cranky, abusive and disrespectful then they can hardly complain if they feel neglected.

16. Gay Daily Mail Reader 26 Aug 2011, 4:40pm

There is no excuse for assulting an 80 year old man who is disabled. Mark no doubt admitted that he was gay to his father 32 years ago (when he was 15 and his dad 48) but the father never came to terms with is son’s homosexuality. It would have been better for Mark to leave home at the earliest opportunity and let his dad fend for himself.

1. if the truth be known, it was Mr Show that looked after his son and gave him all of his money. His dad has always been very good to him, his dad has never been homophobic.

1. How do you know?

17. he is a good man

1. I’ve heard the same thing about Dr. Jekyll

2. i totally agree with u tracey,iv known this family meny yrs,he son is nothing but a bully who has sponged of his father all his life,pete has never been homophobic or had any problem with marks sexuality. the public are only hearing one side of the storey,if pete was so bad why didnt mark move out!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. REALL??????? 27 Aug 2011, 12:48am

THIS IS WHY GAY PEOPLE WILL NEVER BE EQUAL BY READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS RE THE 80 YEAR OLD GUY – YOU ARE ALL DELUDED PRICKS BOO HOO HE CALLED ME NAMES SO I RESORTED TO VIOLENCE – YOU CONTRADICT YOUR SORRY SELVES ALL THE TIME DON’T YOU????

1. …oh…Mr. Hyde, I presume…

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 8:29am

Indeed, Jonpol. This site seems to be attracting them ever more. Prehaps they know they can come abuse without any problems from PinkNews.
        Encouraged, if you will.
        Wondering what will happen when only the homophobes comment coz all the decent LGBTQI folk have gone else where.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 8:30am

Prehaps you need to have the concept of what a ‘Comment page’ is, REALL?
      Not a good start for the uneducated.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 8:33am

Making unfounded remarks about Inequality just shows up your own bigotry, I’m afraid and nothing more.
        I mean, your obviously an asshole but that doesn’t mean that I think all straight people are assholes.
        Good job I know different, isn’t it. I mean I don’t mind straight people. In fact a few of my best friends are straight…
        (Please detect the sarcasm).

1. jockstrap is a dire im name 27 Aug 2011, 10:42am

jock i come on here from time to time and you are always easy bait – so shut you whining get on with life – as for this site being educated – gay news isn’t really educational is it? i mean look at the bulk of the stories it makes you look even more sad – homophobic landlady blah blah blah – and the rest – ben sumerskill – joe mc elderry – pride???? oh my how utterly cringeworthy – there’s prides happening everywhere now and it’s all about the money – you keep talking about being educated sol why adopt american speech – ASSHOLE??? keep living in your bubble boy…………

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 10:57am

“oh my how utterly cringeworthy”
            And yet you Choose to come here!

2. Yet you still read Pink News….

2. jockstrap is a dire im name 27 Aug 2011, 10:44am

and i don’t do sarcasm as it’s the lowest of the low – the pits in fact

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 10:53am

Well probably ‘easy bait’ to idiots like yourself coz you know who your dealing with, innit?!
            I mean it’s not me changing my name to suit arguments.
            So sad. Never mind dear.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 10:56am

Also I wasn’t talking about the site being educated, I was talking about you being uneducated to make such remarks on Equality when you clearly have no ideal of what it means. Also clearly the concept of a ‘comment page’ is lost on you hence my valid ‘uneducated’ point again.
            Do try and read comments, deary.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 10:58am

“it’s the lowest of the low – the pits in fact”
            Guess you’d know better than most, being down there.

4. Ignore it, Jock. You obviously touched a nerve with someone.

2. jockstrap is a dire im name 27 Aug 2011, 12:11pm

have you got a stutter ASSHOLE? or are you a parrot – and me uneducated? I bet I have more quals to my name than you – and not just GCSE’s hah! you quip on about ‘the uneducated’ and not realising the concept of a comments page – wake up please! you are being hypocritical…… and the next time when you need to let off steam with your comments, keep it to one box instead of having trawl down your vast amount of quite banal comments… ME UNEDUCATED?

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 1:10pm

Thank you. I was thinking of quitting but your comment just make me see I should keep going, because while people like you are about I have the encouragement to be a part of this site.
          There are too many people here I both respect and enjoy debating with and they are why I’m here, not just to fight bigotted creeps like you.
          Thank you for opening my eyes and making me see that I enjoy being here.
          Well done, dear!! Get your master to pat you on the back, tickle your tummy and give you a treat.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 1:12pm

Debate isn’t ‘one box’.

2. Don’t leave mate. And don’t bother answering these fools’ posts.

2. Jock – a hug for you and best wishes for a good Bank Hol.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:18pm

Thank you Iris – Have a really Great Bank Holiday too. :)

3. Staircase2 29 Aug 2011, 4:12am

Reall? Why are you shouting so loudly?

19. i totally agree with you tracy,mark is nothing but a sponging bully,pete has never been homophobic or had any problem with marks sexuality,if pete was that bad why didnt mark move out yrs ago, but no he chose to live with his father who has stuck by mark always!!!!

20. Michaelangelo 27 Aug 2011, 3:15pm

The person who was convicted of a crime was the gay son, not the so-called “homophobic” father. The only evidence pointing to the father’s alleged homophobia comes from Pink News and the criminal assaulter, who – it must be pointed out – had no problem sustaining his relationship with his father for 23 years since the apparent “snide” (which could mean anything) remarks about his sexuality began.

One also assumes that he was living rent free at his father’s house, so it’s only less than just for him to make some form of financial contribution / be willing to loan money to his father.

The headline for this story should have read, “Homosexual assaults frail disabled dad”.

Shame that the gay community, with it’s well known addiction to the narcissistic cult of youth and fake beauty, doesn’t care those who suffer far more prejudice and discrimination – ie the disabled and elderly.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 4:03pm

“Lots of the comments on this thread just go to show how immature and dangerous most homosexuals are…”
      Because we have the freedom of speech and the ability to debate? Seriously?
      So also going on your way of thinking If I was to think your an asshole that mean all straight people are the same?
      I don’t think so but then that suits shallow, marrow minded bigots like yourself I guess.
      So sad.
      (How many name changes do you do for pity sake?)

2. @Michaelangelo: ‘Most’? Funny how quick you are to assume that the comments of perhaps a dozen people here are representative of the attitudes of millions of people.
      Are we to assume that despite taking on the name of a famous homosexual you aren’t actually gay yourself? In that case, should we assume that blinkered prejudice and a propensity for sweeping generalisations is a characteristic of non-homosexuals? (Odd, that – I know a number of intelligent non-gay people.)

3. Staircase2 29 Aug 2011, 4:14am

‘one’ cant ‘assume’ anything you doughnut….
      (which by the way is an observation – not an assumption….)

21. “Mark Shaw has since moved from the house, and will return to the court on 7 September for sentencing.”

At the moment, when all is said and done, there’s more said than done.

22. @ “RehanOddly, you seem not to have noticed the first post in this thread.”

My reply. As you are well aware, I was referring to arecent article on here (and not this article) about US brides which had one member encouraging hacking of the website. I even go sa far as to mention the article IN my post, so how is it that you refer me to the first post in THIS thread…a thread I was not referring to regarding lack opf condemnation?
    Confusion? Alzheimers?

1. Once again, I would like to apologise for my chronic homophobia and knee-jerk reactions to all things involving gay people.

For the record, I am deeply sorry for any offence I may have caused and bitterly regret any ill feelings my constant negativity may have caused anyone.

Please forgive me (I know not what I do….although sometimes, it must be said, I do not what I know – which is of the two the far worst sin)

I would like to make it up to you all by suggesting that from now on all of you log in under my name and post things of a positive nature to counter the constant negativity which erupts from my soul because of my conflicted feelings about my own sexuality,

God Bless,
      KEITH

2. @ Keith: you wrote “This post reveals the crimiality and mindset of the gay brigade” [emphasis added]. It is, as you can see for yourself, the third post in this thread and is clearly formatted in reply to the previous observation.
      Confusion? Alzheimer’s? Forgotten your specs? Just plain silly?

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 2:15pm

mmmm, I don’t need to phone a friend. I’m pretty sure I don’t need 50/50 or indeed ask the audience.
        OK, I’m going for D – final answer.

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 2:15pm

Damn… I bet it was B… Doh!

2. Here is my quote in FULL and not cut to purposefully mislead the reader…
        “This post reveals the crimiality and mindset of the gay brigade who whinge about civil infringements and equality nonsense in the recent guest house case but are willing to resrot to criminal behaviour to further their immoral agenda.. A recent article on here about US brides had one member encouraging hacking of the website of a legal business, a criminal offence.”
        So as you see, the first sentenced addressed the previous post and the last sentence addresses the issue of a poster on a previous thread endorsing criminality. You go on quoting out of context if you wish , it shows your desparation. Your lack of condemnation regarding the endorsement of criminality has also been noted. You are not alone however in this regard. You really are an amoral lot!

1. RumpleStiltSkin 29 Aug 2011, 5:37pm

Drop dead. No one is interested.

2. Thank you Keith but, apparently unlike you, we can read your posts above for ourselves, so your attempt at using doublespeak in belated revision doesn’t really work.
          You should go into politics.

1. I exposed your dishonesty and duplicitiousness. It is on here for all to see. My post (post 3) was not in error as you ‘attempted’ to portray.
            Don’t be a sore loser!

2. Yes it is, as are your feeble, one could say pathetic, attempts at revisionism. Not everyone is as blinkered as you are, poor fellow.

3. potato heads 30 Aug 2011, 11:35am

blinkered ‘educated’ freaks like rehan despise being proven wrong keith don’t worry about it – have you not already noticed that those who they describe as being feeble and who they patronise about is merely reflection of their inner selves…. they are all the same js, sc, the list could go on…… belated revision, revisionism, i would put a sure bet on that rehan failed at school…. also have you noticed when they have been proved wrong that their comments dwindle to one sentence, which is usually babble

4. potato heads 30 Aug 2011, 11:37am

oooh sorry miss rehan one paragraph!

5. Oh what fun, my very own dedicated stalker-troll – I’ve arrived!

6. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 9:04am

Congrats Rehan :)

7. “Don’t be a sore loser!”

Loser…. as in the type of idiot who comes into a gay site to spout pseudo-science to those more intelligent and educated than he is, to rant like a demented fool with bible quotes, to make a fool out of one self by demonstrating an obvious learning difficulty in public?

Indeed. Loser.

23. Just who is this Domestos guy??

Criminality? Mindset of the gay brigade? The part about civil infringement gets me. One unfortunate incident against an 80 year old man doesn’t equate to centuries of ‘civil infringements’ that we as gay people have been subjected to and still continue to be. But, I doubt any of that concerns you. Your postings on this subject are more a reflection of your own homophobia, not to mention inane and a complete waste of time.

Tough on ‘germs’? Right, but you end up flushed down the toilet in most cases. Just get lost.

1. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 9:05am

Prehaps toilets are his only source in getting his sex.

1. potato heads 31 Aug 2011, 1:06pm

says the man with……………

1. Jock S. Trap 31 Aug 2011, 2:39pm

everything? … you do know me then!