Murakami novel dropped from reading list for lesbian sex mention

1. Countdown for Mr Sprigg to be caught on Craigslist in 3…2… The screaming hysteria from some homophobes just makes me wonder if they are secretly self-hating closet cases. They just can’t stop thinking about us and obsessing over us. Utterly pathetic.

2. Could someone please fill me in on what the homosexual agenda is? I’ve not actually received a copy.

1. ‘Like’

2. Nawal Husnoo 25 Aug 2011, 5:05pm

Did you not get your copy? Please “Like” this page, and read The Gay Agenda!

Now you can’t complain that you didn;t get a copy, right?

3. OMG does that mean you also do not know the secret handshake and the club password????

4. Always glad to help.

But the rule is that we don’t talk about it in public. It must remain a secret.

5. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 11:57am

I didn’t get that copy Or my copy of Homosexual Lifestyle.

I assume it is full of some really well decorated homes and I might be quite interested.

3. Ah the USA again. That country of freedom.
    The majority of the USA is culturally and morally backward. One of the prospective Republican Presidential candidates wants to scrap their constitution and replace it with the Bible! For crying out loud!

4. Commander Thor 25 Aug 2011, 5:04pm

“Here we see the intersection of parental values being offended, the hypersexualisation of our youth and the homosexual agenda being pushed. This just illustrates why a lot of American parents are not willing to entrust their children to the public schools any more.”

Actually, I was exposed to descriptions of heterosexual sex by Christopher Pike novels well before I was ready to even be disgusted by heterosexual sex.

5. If the girl in question is 13…yeah.

They may have a point this time.

1. Not really.

It’s not some kind of highly sexualised, paedophilic romp. Nor does it glamorise paedophilia in any way. From what I recall it’s a story of a woman’s mental decline and the 13 year old is some sort of sexual sadist in the making.

To be honest the book not the something I’d recommend for a bit of light reading but I’d imagine students would have got a lot out of it.

There is far more hetrosexual content and it’s written in the first person POV of a straight man so how it promotes a homosexual agenda is beyond me.

1. When I said it’s the story of a woman’s mental decline I was talking specifically about the bit with the thirteen year old which is also a very small section of the book.

6. these men are and get more screwed up everyday in the head, man you leave writing lesbian novels to lesbian writers or a woman who has had lesbian esperereiences, and has good taste , sexy but good, try putting an adult beautifu;l woman in a scene where she simply is blown away by another adu;lt female in meeting or passing or introduction by a freind at a party or dinner, and have a wonderful interludes with deep freindship and compassion that brings them together in many ways including estacy, watch elana undone its the best there is, and its real, its my story is should no, or just stop writing lunacy, there is nothing sexy about anyone having sex with and underage kid, this is mens sick fetu;sh because its what they do, as sexual assault,

7. the gay community is a good community of individuals and families who just want to be left alone and their rights respected and their children , they want these creepy herterosexual bigots to stop obssessing and stalking thier children and their families, their are more than enough heteros out there for them, the hang up on gay peopel is staggering and there jealousy for the people they love and are dating an married to , sends them into rages of evil, some cant take that gay people are not attracted to some of them so they freak out and try to harm them, they need to get over themselves, not even all hetero women lilke balkd headed or old men, they all have different taste, men and other but mostly men, are dangerous, they always want to violaste, others, like children, and anyone, they are a nusance to the gay families thats what the the aclu and task forces are doing now arresting some and reprimands and suing other for harrassment of the gay families, where do these csreeps find t

8. Michaelangelo 25 Aug 2011, 10:14pm

So, it’s ok for a woman to effectively rape a little girl?

F***ing hell, how f***ed up!

Don’t any of you realise this is criminal? When people call homosexuals paedophiles, the whole “gay community” is up in arms. When a school raises concerns about a sex scene / references to sex involving an older woman and a young child, you cry “homophobe”. Make up your minds, please!

And then, one commentator, trying to defend the book and trying to make it seem as if the school’s some nasty anti-gay institution, says this: “the 13 year old is some sort of sexual sadist in the making.” I hope the person who said that becomes aware of how evil that kind of talk is on so many levels… A child with problems is still a child, not someone that it’s ok to abuse!

1. She didn’t rape the little girl (I’m pretty sure they never even had sex) you should read the book before you invent the plot.

The girl was a mess of a person and the woman was a massive mess of the person (in the book she’s in a mental institution and had been for many years). This was made very clear in the book. At no point was it made to seem that the woman was in the right or that it’s ok to sleep with children. The child in the book had obvious issues.

Teenagers do have sexuality whether they are legally allowed to have sex doesn’t mean that they don’t seek out sexual encounters.

It is perfectly plausible that an underage child would seek to seduce another person (even if it’s just a game to them that they don’t understand), it is made exceptionally clear in the book that it is not ok to act on that.

1. If you don’t think girls of 13 are capable of that then you are quite naive.

When I was in school at about this age girls would overtly flirt with certain male members of staff (it would have been sexual harassment in the workplace if they hadn’t of been students) and they would share with each other very, very graphic fantasies about seducing these men.

They had also had sexual encounters of their own by 13 and by 14/15 I didn’t have many female friends who were still virgins. It’s an uncomfortable truth but people need to talk about these things not ignore them.

Also if those male members of staff had reciprocated their advances then they would have been paedophiles with no excuses.

Don’t you think that young adults (17 and 18) have the capacity to understand and appreciate these issues and discuss them?

Maybe we should teach young people to just stick their heads in the sand and pretend kind of thing never happens in real life just like their parents.

2. Have you read the book? Or are you making snap judgements based on your own issues?

Joss has read it, and is giving you some background. This world isn’t black and white – sad for some, not for others but your conservative reactionism apart from making me chuckle out loud shows just how quick some of us are to jump on a moral bandwagon – just like Mr Sprigg from New Jersey.

9. Gay Daily Mail Reader 26 Aug 2011, 11:50am

In the UK the age of consent is 16 and I feel that is young enough for anybody to have sex. That book makes references to sex with a 13 year old which is ILLEGAL here and in nearly all other countries. We do not wish people to confuse or link homosexuality with pedaeophillia and that book does not help. While many of us do not wish to go back down the road of Section 28 we should take a responsible attitude towards children and remeber that we cannot have gay rights without gay responsibilities.

1. Have you even read the book?

1. Joss, with all due respect you’re shouting into the wind. I’ve not read the book to be honest – but clearly I’m not a simple individual like tweedle dum and tweedle dee here and can understand where you’re coming from.

Oh to life a life of clear cut rules.

2. Illegal? Like the murders promoted in books by perverts like Agatha Christie?

1. That filthy morally corrupted and debauched whore….

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 12:11pm

Whilst I agree with the sentiment and while I know it’s a very taboo subject people do need to talk because some ‘children’ are sexual through choice and at a young age. I know I was and at that kind of age you just don’t think about age etc, nor really the consequences of others but it does happen and more frequently than people who imagine.

I must point out too that my best friend at school had her baby at 12.

So we might not like to talk about it but ignoring it doesn’t make it go away.

There needs to be a very fine balancing act on what is and isn’t talked about.

Relationships I would say definitely earlier but sex later.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 12:23pm

Just thought I should add my best friend was pregnant by her then, boyfriend, not me. It’s always been about the man for me.

10. Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, Nabokov’s Lolita somehow avoids being labelled as an expression of the heterosexual agenda, and regularly appears on ‘top 100 novels’ lists.