Bisexuality revisited as university’s second study finds it does exist

1. Staircase2 23 Aug 2011, 4:16pm

“Well, duh!”

2. And a million bi men slap their forehead and say “no &^%$ sherlock.”

3. Bisexualitys got a bad rap as many gay men in the closet do claim to be bi.

1. I agree with this..

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:46pm

Certainly a good point, Hamish.

4. What about bi men and women already in hetero marriages and those planning to marry. How do they cope with the other side of their orienation while staying faithful to their spouses? How are they able to balance any resistance to the same gender while married? How many straight people would be prepared to have a relationship, let alone marriage to a bisexual man or woman?

1. I suppose in the same way that heterosexual men cope with being attracted to women other than their wives, while staying faithful to their spouse.

being bi doesn’t make someone a slag.

2. Or alternatively if a bi man is in a relationship with a bi woman, they can reach an ‘arrangement’.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:47pm

Agreed. I guess if people truely love one person they will stay with that one person, Gay, Straight, Lesbian or Bi…

3. We deal the same way as straight men and gay men do when they see someone else they are attracted to – keep it in our pants until we get home to our partner. The “bi people are all open legs” stereotype is so bleedin’ annoying – and false.

At the end of the day, being bi makes someone no more likely to cheat than anyone else, it just means you’ve got even odds on will it be a male or female if they do cheat.

But sadly, negative attitudes towards bisexuals are so prevalent that I have all but stopped dating heterosexuals and homosexuals – I can’t be arsed to deal with *their* issues about my sexuality.

1. Dan X Snyder 24 Aug 2011, 7:47am

Indeed. Most people think that bisexuals are sex-crazed and unable to commit. I am a bisexual transman and my wife is also Bi. Neither one of us have any question that the other one will cheat, because we’re not the dirty whores that the media paint us to be. People need to see that not all bisexuals are the philandering type. Heteros cheat every day, why don’t we catalog all of those as well? Maybe we could have a PROPER study of the percentage of bi-to-hetero adultery, and then we can see how bad we really are.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:51pm

Indeed.
          Although we are forgetting that their are many couples, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Straight who also have open relationships and are into ‘swingers’ parties etc.
          Guess it’s what suits the couple in question.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:49pm

Agreed phoenix. I think people don’t seem to grasp that weither Gay, Lesbian or Bi, it doesn’t make us all slags just as being straight doesn’t.
        What it does do it cater for those who wish to negatively stereotype us regardless of the facts.

3. While I am not a fan of any kind of separatism, lest alone bisexual separatism I would also prefer to date only another bisexual person, man or woman (preferable man).

4. It really depends my therapist is bi and monogomous since 1975 in a hetero marriage while a friend of mine is bi and had gone through struggles to remain faithful. While others including myself are in partly open poly relationships. I rarely have a male partner and am careful I really must like the guy. Other bi couples date each other.

5. …orientation I meant to have said. I’m not sure if I could handle a relationship with a bisexual male and if it developed into a marriage offer, not sure what I’d do. I’d have to think a lot about it, weigh all the pros and cons. Nothing in life is guaranteed I suppose.

1. Look, just because bisexuality exists (well duh!) doesn’t mean it is easy to make it work. You make it sound like it is something someone chooses – the very trap that some ignorant heterosexuals fall into when thinking about gay people. We don’t choose it. It just is, if that is the way you are. You have to find a way of dealing with it. Some of us still haven’t found that way. And it can change too over time in response to events or age or whatever. You don’t have control over that either. So where does this leave you? Human, that’s all, and I am not going to apologize for that.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:54pm

Well Said, Paul.

2. Well if you’re in the UK then don’t worry – it won’t develop into marriage. Same sex marriage is illegal here. We have civil partnership apartheid , and we’re told that we should be grateful for that.

1. Staircase2 25 Aug 2011, 3:26am

lol – blah blah blah!

What is it with you boys and making such a big song and a dance about wearing a white frock and dancing down the isle with a vicar?

Aside from the valid arguments of equality I really dont see the attraction myself….

And I certainly dont see why whining about it in a passive aggressive way on here can bring about positive change – write some bloody letters to your MP for fvcks sake, organise a demo etc etc etc but just stop WHINING about it when its not even relevant!

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:53pm

Not being personal Robert but I wonder if thats more of a trust issue in general rather than a sexual orientation one.
      I don’t mean that in any way insulting, so hope you don’t take as such.

4. It is true Robert that when with a guy in an LTR I had strong attractions to girls but we did not break up over it. Same as when I was with a recent straight girl but we did break up over it. A lot of gay guys have not understood it too well, but a commitment is a commitment and worthy to sacrifice for love. I still get on better with other bisexuals – less jealousy issues and we can talk about all attractions and crushes.

6. It’s my understating that bisexuals can “fall in love” with either a man or a woman…. and then, like any relationship, it will have its ups and downs.

1. er…understanding*

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:56pm

Exactly, Jonpol.
      Seems some people need to realise people do love and not necessarily cheat.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:56pm

Also that some people do love and enjoy the ‘company’ of others together.

7. Bisexuals have the best of both worlds. Lucky sods!

1. We can also have the worst of both worlds, because it can be complicated.

1. Not to mention the biphobia so prevalent amongst hetero and homo-sexuals, Paul. I’ve all but given up dating outside of other bisexuals, because otherwise I inevitably end up dealing with other peoples issues about my sexuality.

1. Now this is an arguement that I have little sympathy for.

yes biphobia exists, but oftentimes it is bisexuals themselves who promote it.

ALL bisexuals need to be fully out – to their same or opposite sex partners; colleagues and friends. If they are not (and many of them are not) then it promotes the stereotype of bisexiuals being dishonest; unreliable sluts.

Of course the number of gay men who pretend to be bi when coming out (as they think it is more acceptable) also leads to to this stereotype.

1. Excuse me?

Coming out is a matter of choice, time and feeling. No-one should ever feel the need to be pressured into coming out.

As much as i’m completely open and honest about being gay with everyone, I understand there can be difficulties.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:59pm

Indeed. ‘Coming out’ is an individual choice Unless if they are actively causing problems for other the LGBT people/community.

2. Yes I concur the best and the worst. I never felt part of the gay community unless I dated a guy for a while and feel in the margins of straight.any straight girls and gay guys don’t understand and get way jealous in any flirt with the other gender. Luckily my long term boyfriend was loving and accepting and many of my girlfriends were bi. But as far as discrimination I feel under a lot interrogation.

8. It is possible to be bi and still be in a very long term loyal and loving (same sex) relationship, but I also like men. I value my relationship over a quick bit of sex anyday.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:59pm

Indeed, Megan, well put!

9. I dated one once for several weeks merely out of curiosity. Of course, he was in the closet and said he’d never leave his wife. I stayed away from bisexual men after that. The sex was good though I have to say. He was quite amazing.

1. You dated one bi guy who was both closeted and cheating on his wife and you’re generalizing from that wonderful specimen? Also, just to clarify, are you mad at bisexuals forever for being such cheating slutty sluts or because that dude wouldn’t leave his wife for you (you know, since he was bi and probably actually loved his wife)?

2. Perhaps your experience says more about married men who cheat on their wives and not bi-sexual men…

1. *than bisexual men

opps

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:02pm

Good point, Joss.

3. I’ve had that but I just take the view point of there not getting satisfaction from there wives and they need Co<k there probably gay and in the closet not a representation of proper Bisexual men

4. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:01pm

Ok Robert I see where your coming from now, with regards my other earlier message.
      Like everything else it is important to remember that not all are the same.
      I do agree with you though, good sex!!

10. my response to the study would be ‘you reckon?’. but reading some of these comments i feel that some validate the reasons for the study to take place.. in turn insulting lots of bisexual men and women.

1. I am very happy to have my type of sexuality – bisexuality – studied further. Not much is understood about it, and so I have found myself struggling with some of its issues. Many make unwarranted assumptions about us, and prejudice comes from both sides. Anything that sheds some light on it is welcome.

1. Alfred Kinsey already studied our sexuality a long time ago. Havelock Ellis, Magnus Hirschfeld, you could even mention Ray Blanchard, they all studied homo/bi/and trans-sexuality, although I can’t tell how accurate and right they were.

11. Listen, to ignorant people who seem to just be plain meddling in others private relationships ,which it is simply none of your business if they are not harming others, but to the other niave few we all have some niaveness in areas and need enlightenment on matters at hand, while others just curious, and mean no harm, there are people who are just simpley attracted to who ever there body and mind and inner feeling tell them they are attracted to , they do not even no themselves before they met the individual if they will be are not, some people get in conversations and friendships and find them selves in love with someone they never would have thought , because love works that way and attractions comes only when it comes, its not something you can make up truthfully, you can lie about it but who you are attracted to is just who you are attracted to. and if you dont like a person because they are unattractive to your inner feeling of atttractions, you are just not,

12. oh yes , most of the bigoted republican party is bisexual, and mess with other men and women, especially the men, have you not been paying to the news, they are just hippocrites, many are just down right pedephiles and caught with underage boys like the republican senator philip hinkle in a marriott hotel and senator craig, and more, you see being bisexual as long as you are respectful and mindful of the other genders in the lgbt and hetersexual race is fine, but its not okay when you try and mess with children or sexually harrass women or men that or all the way gay and do not want them , that sexua harrassment and a crime, this type of person is an animal and should be in jail for a dog spirit, there is no shortage of men an women in the world , you find you one suitable for you that like you back the same way you care for them and leave the ones who dont alone

13. I too conducted an extensive “survey” of bisexual men in the ealy 90s and the vast majority turned out to be straight.

1. Hodge Podge 23 Aug 2011, 10:22pm

You know, they probably never stopped thinking about men. Where do you draw the line between a straight man who sometimes fantasises about giving blow-jobs and a “proper” bisexual? Is it even correct to call that man straight? I think things get messy around that bit of the Kinsey spectrum

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:03pm

Yes, I did also and determined that most were either Bi or Gay.
      Either way, it was an enjoyable study.
      :P

1. Science is always fun !

14. And tomorrow scientists will release a study revealing that, yes, water IS wet…

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:04pm

Oh stop it, I just simply wouldn’t believe it!! lol :)

15. People get paid to research this? Duh?

1. I know, I’ve lived with bisexuality for 32 years for FREE lol

1. You want to apply for a research grant then Pheonix you’ll be quids in.

1. Hah, my financial woes are resolved! And to think, I’ve been literally living on a goldmine for years!

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:06pm

I’m willing to carry out that kind of research for free but I think my fella might not agree with me. Though he just might!

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:06pm

Ok no, he wouldn’t! :)

16. some people its just who ever they just happen to meet and like at the time, like alot of people madonna , sharon stone, others, they simple just be with who they like and want to be with a have an attraciton to at the time, its no big deal unless they are underage, or your sexually harrassing someone that does not like you and want you bothering them , then you call the cops, men has this problem with both the underage children and trying to mess with women who dont like them and are not attracted to them, some would rather lie to themselves and pretend that they do. that pathetic and sad , even when people just hook up with people and one does not really like the other , there is no real relationship and the other one wil never recieve the real love and affections from the one who dont like them that they are really looking for, its impossible, other people no right away , i dont like dick, and dont want one attached to my body , or near me, simply the same way for men in womens case

17. floridahank 23 Aug 2011, 8:58pm

This an interesting topic covering theories of personality and I’d like to hear some comments about tri-sexuality — that concerning sex with animals.

Seems like it was commonly accepted in ancient Greece and Rome –so how do you view people with a bestiality drive? Seems like sexual lusts have no boundries? I personally think bisexuals have a serious personality identity problem.

1. And I think that anyone who attempts to compare the abuse of a non-consenting creature with consenting relations between adult humans is mentally retarded, so your point is?

My only identity problem was trying to live as others expected me to – I hid my natural bisexuality for almost a decade because others couldn’t deal with it. I pretended to first be straight, then gay, all because other people found my bisexuality ‘freaky’. No more. I was born bi, I am bi and I will die bi.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:09pm

Well Said again, phoenix.
        Sadly this site does attract the odd troll.

2. Hodge Podge 23 Aug 2011, 10:25pm

As long as it’s safe sane and consensual you should just worry less about other people getting off

3. I’d like to hear some comments about tri-sexuality — that concerning sex with animals.
      I bet you would. Trying to find justification for your obsessions, no doubt.

4. “I personally think bisexuals have a serious personality identity problem”
      We are not interested in what you personally think, since on previous threads over the last two years, you have revealed your self consistently as an Evangelical fundamentalist Christian Crackpot!!!
      Politely – P**s Off

1. floridahank 25 Aug 2011, 12:51am

Hey JohnK….Yes, I’m a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, but that goes beyond the label of being a Christian “fundie,” which you probably don’t accept.
        The reason I mentioned bestiality was that since the board was discussing bisexuality, I have to wonder how The biopsychosocial (BPS), model fits into your understanding of sexual functioning. It’s accepted that BPS is a general model or approach that posits that biological, psychological (which entails thoughts, emotions, and behaviors), and social factors, all play a significant role in human functioning and that should include one’s sexual orientation, right?
        I’ve been studying human nature and personality development as it tries to explain our behavior — especially sexual behavior since that’s one of the strongest drives in our humanity.
        There aren’t any “markers” that can positively show why/how we become who are, much of my reading of the research seems to show that most experts agree that there are many ways of describing personality development and no single view handles it all totally.
        So since homosexuality appears to be somewhere about 5% of the human population, I’m getting insight from many of the comments on pinknews which gives me a better understanding on homosexuality — but that’s only one of my interests for keeping me mentally alert

1. Florida Hank wrote
          “The reason I mentioned bestiality was that since the board was discussing bisexuality, I have to wonder how The biopsychosocial (BPS), model fits into your understanding of sexual functioning.”
          This thread has nothing to do with “Bestality”, I suggest you do research into your sexual perversion for animals down on the farm, which is where you obviously belong.

1. floridahank 26 Aug 2011, 12:48am

JohnK…are you trying to give a rational explanation or understanding of bisexuality, which apparently doesn’t have a definitive answer, I go one step beyond and ask where does bestiality fit into the understanding of that type of sexual behavior. Is your bisexual person born that way? OK, then is in within “normality” for a person to go to a totally different preference for sexual pleasure? Where is the differentiation of homo/bi/bestiality behavior? What happened inside the brain-pleasure connection?
            I’m not trying to be confrontational, I’m trying to get a deeper understanding of the overall sexual activities of human beings and how homosexuals look at another form of sexual activity.

2. JohnK, you’re trying to talk in an intelligent, rational manner with someone who has shown they are incapable of either – in short, you’re wasting your breath. FloridaHank is a bigot, plain and simple. He’s yet to address my inquiry as to what relevance the abuse of a non-consenting, non-human creature has to consenting relations between adult humans.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:12pm

Sadly this site atrracts, clearly demented troll.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:11pm

What you wish to discuss has no baring on this story nor this site.
          Please go find the site that satisfies your sick needs and also check yourself in to some clinic to be locked away.
          Thank you.

2. Dontcha love it when these american evangelists start throwing their weight around and boring the pants off everyone with the same old quotations from the bible! Its just laughable. Nobody even bothers to read it. They must spend a lot of their free time on gay forums trying to convert everyone to hederoooseshuality. lol seriously mate get a hobby innit

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:13pm

Indeed, tomos. Another idiot whose grasp of life is very limited.

5. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:07pm

You’ve clearly got the wrong News site to be discussing bestiality. You clearly need a site suitable to your (rather sick) needs!

18. k….your assumption of me is dead wrong. The answer is NO. If he loved his wife so much, he wouldn’t have cheated on her with me. I wouldn’t have settled down with him even if he had been prepared to leave her. I never asked him to, he brought it up early on in the brief affair. Why marry if you’re going to cheat? That goes for straights, bi’s and gays too. You can’t have it both ways, you either love the one you’re with and stay loyal to them or don’t get involved, stay single. It’s the hypocrisy I can’t stand, hiding behind a marriage to cover up that other side of one’s orientation or thinking one can become straight by marrying someone of the opposite sex and that the attraction to the same sex will just disappear. There are some you know who think that way about themselves, not all of course. I am aware of the Kinsey Report on sexuality and the degrees of bisexuality to form my own opinion.

1. Unfortunately, like in common with many of those who are mono-sexually oriented, there seems to be an assumption that psychological well-being of a bisexual person necessarily finds any stability in choosing one orientation over the other. To choose one, and suppress half your sexuality is not necessarily an easy option for a bisexual person, you see. That is a problem of compatibility with mono-sexual people. I don’t condemn you for that view, which is part of your own orientation, but merely point out the difference in viewpoint.

2. Galadriel1010 24 Aug 2011, 2:23pm

I think you’re extrapolating a very judgemental view of an entire category of people based on one bad experience. For some bisexuals staying faithful is as easy as it is for a monosexual person who is attracted to people other than their partner. For some it’s as hard as it is for a monosexual person attracted to people other than their partner. Someone who cheats is called an ass, not a bisexual.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:20pm

Of course a lot of the problems wouldn’t be if people were treated Equally and acceptable by things like Religion.
        Whilst I do accept not all in religion think the same there is still a stigma attached and whilst it is slowly disappearing it isn’t going fast enough, leaving many feeling isolated.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:17pm

Robert
      You raise interesting points. Lets not forget that despite how liberal this country may seem many marry out of fear of losing everything, family, job etc etc because that is how they are brought up and how they are forced to believe all thanks to wonderfully warped, twisted people like FloridaHank and his crappy religions.
      Many do accept later in life thanks in part to an accepting society but many do still hide.
      Not that thats any excuse, granted but for many there is a reason. A reason that is drummed in from a very young age.

19. Gay Daily Mail Reader 24 Aug 2011, 6:52am

In the days of criminalised homosexuality many ‘gay’ men had to marry women to hide their sexuality but produced children so therefore they were able to ‘get it up’ when having sex with their female partners. Bisexuality is very common and as many as a third of people experience an attraction for someone of the same sex during their lives although only one in 25 are truly gay. Refer to the Kinsey Scale for different type of sexuality.

1. I suspect that, if everyone from 4 up says they’re gay, and everyone from 2 down says they’re straight, no one wants to hear from the 3s who are genuinely in the middle because they shatter that illusion that we’re all easily categorised and 100% confident in our sexuality, which is an illusion a lot of people cling to desperately. The world owes the 3s a collective apology!

20. I agree that many gays and straights misunderstand bisexuality because of a mix of lazy stereotypes and unchecked assumptions. I think many bisexuals on this forum similarly misunderstand science and why researchers do what they do. The guy running this study clearly wasn’t some homophobe trying to prove that all bisexuals are deviant, he was trying to see if he could set up a test that could scientifically identify what he and the participants already knew but didn’t understand. If he really was some evil anti-bi, he’d have stopped after the first tests and said “nope, doesn’t exist”.

Give these guys some credit. The way politics and rights work in the world (especially if you’re a minority group) is that scientists and psychologists need to be supportive before politicians take any notice. Orgs like the AMA destroyed lives for years by advocating against the LGBT community, but once they were proven wrong, they changed their tune and are now among our staunchest defenders.

21. I’m quoting Kinsey here but isn’t human sexuality supposed to exist on a ‘continuum’ ? I had always assumed that bisexuals were people between 1 and 5 on the Kinsey scale and in all likelihood outnumbered exclusively (Kinsey scale 6) homosexuals by a significant margin. It’s a really interesting discussion because for a long time now I’ve noticed that some of the most vocal homophobes have turned out to heterosexual males (according to their own definition) who turn out to be, at some level attracted to their own gender. I’m talking about Pastors caught with rent boys etc. Maybe it’s the bi men on the lower end of the Kinsey continuum that are the folks most in need of some TLC and understanding. From what I can imagine of their predicament – they are only ‘somewhat or occasionally’ attracted to men but otherwise have happy functional heterosexual identities. As an exclusive homosexual man I cannot even imagine how that would manifest itself. I can’t, for example imagine being occasi

22. ….occasionally or slightly attracted to a female. I do not doubt the phenomena; I’m just puzzled by it. I can however imagine that a Kinsey 1 might be a difficult place to be and might engender internalised hostility which could lead to externalised homophobia.

1. Hodge Podge 24 Aug 2011, 5:01pm

I’m sort of there, never sure if I should be calling myself bi or if that would be making “too big a thing” about it

23. Paul, I agree. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to be caught between two orientations, confusing isn’t the word. I do have compassion for people in that situation. That’s why I’m thankful I’m fortunately 100% gay and have absolutely NO sexual attraction to the opposite sex.

24. I still believe that no matter whether you’re hetero- or homosexual; if you want a decent and permanent relationship, never trust a bi…
    Sorry bi people, but it’s just a fact that you will never be able to find all the things you are sexually attracted to in one single person.. And what when you get a hankering for bits and pieces that I can never provide~?
    No way.. when it comes to friendship or any other platonic relationship, it doesn’t matter what one’s sexual orientation is.. But in romantic sexual relationships, the bi’s really need to stick together.

1. And biphobic, minuscule minded bigots like YOU are why I rarely date mono-sexuals. You are so damn up yourself, FengLong – step out of the shadow of your ego for 5 seconds.

I don’t date someone for what’s in between their legs, but what’s in their HEART. If you love someone, what genitalia they have is meaningless. I am 100% monogamous, something many mono-sexuals cannot claim.

1. You say below that you came out as ‘gay’ over ‘straight’ when you felt the need to declare a single sex attraction.. So that’s probably why you’re so good at sticking with one partner, you obviously appreciate the homo side of things more than the hetero~

But come on, it’s still true that ‘it’s just a fact that you will never be able to find all the things you are sexually attracted to in one single person..’. And sex isn’t everything, but it’s still a big driving force in anyone’s life.

Don’t be bitter about me stating the obvious truth abut bisexuality.

1. Maybe you have issues with fidelity, but I don’t – when I have been in a relationship with a woman, I was completely satisfied with the sex we were having because it was *us* having sex, I never missed male parts. And when I was in a relationship with a man, I never missed female parts, because once again it was *us* having sex. Sex is more than just two sets of parts rubbing together, it’s about emotion and attraction and love.

YOU might never be happy with one person, but I am – regardless of gender. It’s about LOVE, not a penis or vagina. Stop being so shallow.

1. Bla bla bla.. Just stay away from monosexuals~

2. Translation of FengLong’s comment- “oh no, a real bisexual knows more about themselves than what I assume about them, what to do, what to do? Insults! That’s it!”

Don’t project your issues with remaining monogamous onto others, it ain’t nice kid.

3. I didn’t insult you.. You mean when i said ‘stay away from monosexuals’?? Don’t be so sensitive, seriously… You even said you don’t date monosexuals yourself..

And as it happens, I *only* do monogamy.. Isn’t it obvious that was the whole point of me not having relationships with bisexuals in the first place..

And you never seem to address what I said. When I find a boyfriend, he has absolutely everything I could ever want.. Can you say the same about yourself? Even if you do remain faithful, and you probably will, you still like stuff that your partner doesn’t have..
            I’m just saying I couldn’t put up with a partner who I can’t satisfy 100%.. That’s all. I mean no offence really~

4. So, you don’t think dismissing my personal experiences as a bisexual with “bla bla bla” is an insult? Where were you educated, cos that certainly is an insult where I come from! You just dismissed my entire opinion with a “bla bla bla” and then act like you’re the aggrieved party!

At least I presented a damn opinion, not just dismissing others opinions.

You are fixated on genitals, it’s not healthy. You see, when I’m in a relationship I don’t have sex, I make love, each and every time. Even the quickies are love making. And when love is involved, it doesn’t matter what genitals are involved, because it is me and my partner. My *partner* is what I need in sex/love making, not their unmentionables. It’s THEM. If I love the person, I don’t ‘need’ any other “parts” because I have them and their body. If I love a man, I don’t miss a womans ‘bits’ because I love *him* and the same holds true with a woman. It’s the PERSON not the PARTS that I am attracted to.

2. Proof that the LBGT ‘community’ is fractious. A house divided against itself etc!
      Perhaps the G’s and the B’s ought to separate from the L’s and T’s and found their own separate ‘communities’. I would suggest the ‘L’ community, and the ‘T’ community also divide as it is only a matter of time before a clash of interests occur .

1. @Keith
        The only thing fractious at the moment in the LGBT community is you!!!

3. Absolute rubbish. I’m marrying a bisexual and I’m lesbian. I have absolutely no issue with her sexual identity nor her fidelity. She’s completely monogamous. Just because she’s bi doesn’t make her a slut.

Stop being so hateful and narrow-minded. We as a community get enough of it from outside, we don’t need it from each other.

25. Robin Pitts 24 Aug 2011, 7:57pm

There is so much more relevant research being conducted on the lives of bisexuals with an emphasis on emancipation; trust the psychologists to churn out an article in 2011 saying ‘turns out they do exist’. I resent that this has been given its own pinknews article. There is a journal OF bisexuality [see link], and the journal of homosexuality, and many others which regularly publish interesting and insightful articles on bisexuality. This is beyond a no-brainer. There are articles out there dealing with the myriad questions regarding bisexuality that people have raised in these comments. Considering these articles are mostly not free to access I think pinknews owes it to its readers to occasionally mention one of them instead of an article which takes as its premise that bisexuality might not exist.

26. Paddyswurds 24 Aug 2011, 8:14pm

Bisexuality…The last refuge of a coward.

1. …phobic statements, the last refuge of a moron.

Finally admitting my innate bisexuality was the bravest thing I did – I lived as a heterosexual teen, hiding myself. I got to college, started to be open about liking men and women and met nothing but condemnation. So I switched closets – I pretended to be gay. For nearly a decade I lived that lie. I’m not gay. I’m not straight. I’m bisexual. Get over yourself, bigot.

1. well said!

2. here here. i am straight but i can understand bisexuality. its not a quantitive but a qualitative experience surely.. its not about how many men vs women you’ve slept with but the feelings involved. I’m sure that there are those bisexuals who pretend to be gay or pretend to be straight in order just to avoid the aggro. I think bisexuality is probably the most natural sexual response to your environment in the end…..

1. I’m sure there are many, tomos – heck, I WAS one. It was so much easier to identify as one or the other. But that wasn’t me, it was a lie and I was uncomfortable with it. And one day, I finally had enough and said to myself “if they can’t deal with it, it’s THERE problem, not mine”

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:23pm

Again, Well said, phoenix.

27. Good news!. As a gay man I say we must end all phobia to bisexuals. As a gay person I have faced many struggles in my own acceptance and people wanting to pigeonhole me and people believing I should be a certain way because I am gay. Who are we to tell others that their sexuality and love doesn’t exist or that they “must be gay in denial”. We should not hold stereotypes thinking that all bi people are the same! It saddens me that as a minority group us gay men sometimes discriminate against bisexuals. At the end of the day it is the person that counts and if that is who they truely are it should be accepted.
    I realise a lot of gay men do declare themselves bisexual which must make real bi people really pissed off!

1. I feel your pain. I ‘came in’ as a heterosexual a few years ago, adopting the motto ‘straight is great’. I have learned to be proud of my heterosexuality and to celebrate it.. I urge all heteros to do likewise. there is no shame in loving the opposite sex!

1. No-one is suggesting that there is, Keith. It’s just that you are generally willing to heap shame on other ways of loving.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:26pm

Exactly Riondo. I don’t actually remember anyone here saying loving the opposite sex was wrong.
          Funny how those ‘trying to be funny’ are the same ones telling all that same sex partners are wrong.
          Me thinks some people are deluded and thrive of hypocritical statements.

2. Strange that you had to learn it, Keith. I see heterosexual persons ‘celebrating’ their sexuality – in that they’re able to, and do, express affection freely and uninhibitedly in most situations – every waking hour of the day.

1. Funny that I have never encountered it heterosexuals celebrating their sexuality. How does this manifest itself in a way that you are able to say “those heteriosexuals are specifically celebrating their heterosexuality. do they have marches like ‘Gay Pride’? Do they have organizations like the Gay Police Associatiuon, G ay Pilots Association, Gay Builders Association, Gay Lawyers Association? All these thing s homosexuals have and flaunt their sexuality deviances yet heterossexuals have none ofg these, happy to keep what is private in private.

1. “Funny that I have never encountered it heterosexuals celebrating their sexuality”
            Yes, it is.
            Time for that overdue eye surgery, I think.

2. Celebrating heterosexuality !!

A bikini clad blond stretched out on the hood of a brand new car ! Wow!

A Thanksgiving table full of heterosexual couples.

Lovers’ Lane on a Saturday night.

99.99999% of Hollywood romance movies.

Str8 people have no idea how the LGBT Community sees a flood of heterosexual celebrations every hour of every day, but still that has not turned us against heterosexuality as a perfectly legitimate sexual orientation.

1. Hear, hear. Our culture is saturated with heterosexual images and expectations 24/7. Keith must walk about with his eyes and ears shut.

2. None of this is specific to heterosexuality or the celebration of heterosexuality..How is a bikini clad woman celebrating heterosexuality? She is merely a woman in a bikini and will appeal to heterosexuals homosexuals and bisexuals.
            A thanksgiving table full of heterosexuals is not celebrating heterosexuality. It is people gathered for the purpose of eating for thanksgiving, regardless of sexuality.
            Hollywood raoamnece movies are not celebrating heterosexuality nor are they promoted as such. they are pandering to the lowest common denominator which is heterosexual romance. There is not one organization or event that promotes itself as heterosexual. There are gay ‘pride’marches, gay villages, gay cruises, the gay police organization, the gay builders organization, the gay lawyers organization, gay pilots organization. No gay hotels. the list goes on and on of gay organizations, areas and events yet there is not a single heterosexual counterparts.
            Where are the straight villages sin

3. @Keith
            Interesting that you should try and promote heterosexuality on a LGBT website!!!
            Is there s shortage of heterosexuals in you part of the UK?

4. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:29pm

It’s funny how some people hijack the subject for their own irrelevent hateful agenda, don’t ya think?

3. @Keith
        Interesting turn of phrase – “came in” as a Heterosexual
        I can see that as see you have now swapped your biblical fundamentalism to proselytizing heterosexual fundamentalism
        Keith when exactly did you become an Ex-Gay exactly?

1. a few years ago, he said… so… 2007-2008??

can’t wait to read his autobiography … yuk,yuk

1. So I ask again. Is there a ‘Straight Villlage ‘ in Manchester’, when is the nest ‘Straight Pride ‘ march, i sthere a straight police association, straight builders association, straight pilots, straight bar, straight cruises,straight lawyers association,
            None of these things exist exclusively promoted , named and aimed at the ‘straight community’, If I wish go on a cruise for instance, there are none that are promoted as heterosexual cruises aimed specifically and marketed for heterosexuals.

2. @Keith
            Stop being such a ridiclous “Drama Queen” now that you are an Ex-Gay.
            In what way does Manchester not Heteroseuxal?

3. @Keith
            In what way are heterosexuals in Manchester not cated for socially and recreationally?

4. @Jonpol
            It just goes to show how some LGBT people are vulnerable, and open to the abuse of this insidious Ex-Gay movement.
            Exgaywatch, is an organisation committed to challenging this very abusive and destructive movement.

5. Last time I checked Keith, Manchesters gay village composes a half dozen streets, centred on Canal Street. I’m pretty sure there are more than 6 six streets which compose the *rest* of the city of Manchester. ie: the ‘straight village’.

As for Straight Pride – you have that 365 days a year: every day straights can walk down the street hand-in-hand, free of abuse. They can hug, kiss goodbye, cuddle on a park bench and so on in peace, with no risk of being abused or assaulted. LGBT people do not have that. We have, outside of the ‘village’, a few days each year where we can be safe from such things, when we are free to be ourselves. You HAVE your straight pride – it’s called society. Stop trying to take the scraps away from us in the corner, will ya.

You sir, are an idiot and a troll.

6. @JohnK -

Gay victims of reparative therapy, when they are honest, have admitted an inability to come to terms with their sexuality; others, of course, have been forced into it by their family.

Recommended reading: “CURES, A Gay Man’s Odyssey” by Martin Duberman, Plume/Penguin Book, Autobiography/Gay Studies, ISBN 0-452-26780-3.

Available from amazon at an affordable price… and worth every penny.

7. Hi Jonpol
            Thanks for the recommending the book ““CURES, A Gay Man’s Odyssey” by Martin Duberman”
            Perhaps books like that will help all those who follow pinknews threads, to have more compasion for tortured souls such as Keith and floridahank. I say tortured, becasue despite their cliams to be Striaght (Ex-gays), its curious how they spend most of their time on a LGBT website.

8. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:30pm

read or burn?

4. Keith wrote
        “I feel your pain. I ‘came in’ as a heterosexual a few years ago, adopting the motto ‘straight is great’. I have learned to be proud of my heterosexuality and to celebrate it.. I urge all heteros to do likewise. there is no shame in loving the opposite sex!”
        Keith, I can see you are still in pain, when exaclty did you destroy your true sexuality for a lie?

2. And you Neo are the kind of gay man I *could* date, one who is open minded and doesn’t care about the other persons sexuality so long as they are open and honest. Sadly, that is somewhat rare :(

Honestly, the “bi as stepping” stone doesn’t bother me because, having been through similar emotional chaos, I can fully appreciate why some young people would wish to be bi, as it would make them a little more “normal” – until they realise that being gay IS normal. So that grasping at straws (especially in those from communities where homophobia is rife) is an understandable reaction.

1. I always find it odd when ppl suggest that it is easier to come out as bisexual which is why so many gay men prefer to identify as bi as a starter for 10 before the big reveal. I mean if you were to say to someone “Ive got something to tell you. I’m bisexual”. Theyre not gonna say “Phew, for a minute there I thought you were gonna say you were gay “. Most staight men at least tend to regard bisexuality as the same as gay anyway..Being somewhat straight wouldnt soften the blow (no pun intended :D)…

1. I know, I encounter exactly that on a daily basis, but often such thoughts defy logic – hence my saying I can see why they might think that way, even though it’s clearly far from accurate.

28. ‘Bisexuality’ is an odd term, though – it inevitably suggests specific attraction to the sex traits of both males and females, a mindset generated by being either gay or straight, I suspect. I have met bisexuals, and had a fling with one, who say that people’s general human character and appearance is what turns them on, and not actually their sex characteristics. Interesting – and shows how complex we are.

1. It depends, I am bi my last boyfriend was bi. He said he could not be aroused with either a guy or a girl until he felt emotionally safe. For me the bodies have always been alluring and had crushes for both since junior high. Eventually after dating both it does become more about the person but it is gendered for me.

29. floridahank 26 Aug 2011, 3:15am

How did psychiatrists determine how homosexuality is created? Did they find some medical/biological/genetic “markers” that explaiins it all? I know that intellectually and sociologically, there’s no difference between hetero’s and homo’s, when tested with their tests, but how besides homos actually saying they felt that same sex attraction early in life, did the psychiatrists actually claim it was a healthy life style the same as a hetero life style?

1. @Floridahank wrote
      “Hey Phoenix. I’m asking how do you categorize sexual drives — hetero, homo, bisexual, bestial — which ones are normal and how do you know which are normal?”
      Any one that slips bestiality into a sentance on a thread about bisexuality, will be universally ridiculed !!!!
      Which bit of P**S off did you nit understand you moronic vindicative Ex-Gay!!!

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:33pm

Agreed!

2. FloridaHank, ANYBODY who thinks comparing a harmless act with a harmful one is a valid discussion point is seriously deluded.

Look, it’s quite simple – does bisexuality cause harm? Answer – No, it does not.

Does abusing an animal cause it harm? Yes, it does. Also, we should note that an animal is incapable of consent and of participating in a two-way emotional relationship (by this, I mean a partner relationship, not a dependent relationship as pets often exhibit).

Seriously, you need to get a grip on reality and quit pumping whatever drugs you are on through your veins. A loving, harmless sexual orientation is incomparable to abuse.

1. Bisexual homosexuality and heterosexual fornication all cause harm and help to spread disease and death.
        Animals can consent. When a dog lies on it’s back and allows and enjoys you rubbing it’s belly, it is consenting. No different with sex., in fact, they usually initiate it! Of course does not justify such an immoral act. Immorality can be carried out where there is consensual human sex such as a father son engaging in intercourse. Highly immoral, except by the standards of those that deem consent between adults to be the only relevant factor regarding immorality.. Most on here it would seem

1. @Keith
          In what way are heterosexuals immune from STDs, AIDs and HIV?

2. I’m quite concerned that you know if an animal can ‘consent’ to sex, maybe someone should contact the RSPCA about you. Legally, mentally and emotionally an animal – just as a child – is INCAPABLE of giving consent. Any “relationship” causes harm and damage.

Bisexuality, homosexuality and heterosexuality in and of themselves cause No Harm At All. No one caught HIV (or any other disease, I am just using that one as an example) just because they were born gay, bi or straight. Only actions can cause infection – engaging in risky behaviour, such as unprotected sexual intercourse.

If all you have are lies and logical fallacies, then you have nothing to contribute here.

1. I remind you that animals can indeed consent, not that consent is required in law . Since when did an animal consent to be kept as a pet, yet that is lawful. Also, non penetrative bestiality is lawful in the UK, and without consent. Perhaps you should contact the RSPCA and advise them of your miniscule knowledge of the law and animals.
            Should I be contacting child services because you are aware that children cannot consent? How did this awareness manifest itself? I am quite concerned about your knowledge in this area!
            Regarding engaging in risky behaviour. That is unavoidable for fornicators, heterosexual and homosexual. Protected sex is a myth. All fornication (especially anal sex as favoured by the homosexual brigade) is risky. A sheath will reduce but never eliminate the risk, and less so with anal sex.
            Carry on with your filthy rectal lusts if you must be could I all the homosexual ansd heterosexual fornicators on here not to spread your AIDS and Hepatitis to innocents , inclu

2. So are there any acts between consenting adults that you deem immoral?

3. An animal cannot give consent to a sexual relationship, it is physically incapable. The fact that you seem to think children can too is deeply worrisome and you should be arrested IMMEDIATELY.

Only Adult Humans can consent to sexual relationships between humans, loopholes in the law notwithstanding – the fact that you even KNOW about bestiality loopholes is very disturbing indeed. You are clearly a danger to the public, especially young children and pets and should be arrested straight away.

4. I suppose at least your hatred is reserved for all “fornicators”, although its still sad to see someone so full of hate towards their fellow man.

And why is it always the perverts like you who are so obsessed with sex? I mean, seriously? I don’t obsess about others sex lives, so why do you?

5. Tommy Trollhunter 26 Aug 2011, 5:02pm

* Don’t feed the troll – he’ll only end up crapping everywhere*

6. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:36pm

The RSPCA and the Police phoenix. This perv need to be locked away out of all harms way.

7. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:41pm

I can’t believe the sick perv changes the subject to bestiality and suddenly people are responding it giving debate to this clearly sick troll. Don’t let the troll win, I know I’ve fallen victim to it’s nastiness.
            Think as PinkNews clearly won’t deal with these trolls we should come up with a plan ourselves.
            Something has to be done to show homophobia and bigotry cannot be acceptable esp going on and on.

3. Not nice, Hank :( No need for that at all.

1. Hank and Keith seem a right pair of perverts, obsessing over others sex lives. It ain’t healthy

1. Another brain dead oxygen thief that cannot address the difficult moral dilemmas I am presenting. is there a single sharp mind on here or does bum sex make you vacant?
          I ask Phoenix again …” are there any acts between consenting adults that you deem immoral?”

1. Hi Phoenix
            You are wasting you time with Keith.
            Keith is what you would call an Ex-Gay militant extremist. Keith thinks he can use these threads to recruit vulnerable LGBT people into his Ex-gay cult.
            If you want to understand more about the lies and misinformation that Keith is trying to spin on these threads, check out the thread below.
            On the (620message) thread above, Keith argued maliciously that “All homosexuals are Paedophiles”
            You will be happy to know that many of Pinknews readers put a stop to his militant extremism by confronting his invidious lies

2. Yep, JohnK, keith is a troll who seeks to distract by posing idiotic questions. Next he’ll be asking us what colour socks he should wear. Maybe he should bore his wife instead – if she exists.

Phoenix, ignore him. He’s not worth the effort. You’d get more satisfaction talking to a brick wall.

3. Keith – there are acts I find distasteful and some that are dangerous, (incest, for example), but so long as No Harm is caused I regard what two consenting, non-related, adult humans do in their bed as None Of My Business. Whether I find an act distasteful is irrelevant.

And again, why the obsession with sex? And particularly anal sex? Missing it, perhaps?

And Iris – I’m starting to see that. This troll is clearly only here to cause trouble – this will be one of my last comments (never say never, after all) addressing it.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:42pm

True phoenix.
          Whats worse is they know they can come here without fear of PinkNews doing anything about it.

2. @Iris
        Yawn, more “Hank Panky” I see!!!
        Lol
        Hope you have a nice bank holiday weekend!

1. Thanks, JohnK :)

3. floridahank 26 Aug 2011, 10:46pm

Hey Iris. Nice to hear that you’re still reading on this site. But why is it when I hear from you I become reluctant or hesitant to dig into this matter without feeling that somehow I’m personally attacking you, which I certainly don’t want to do because of our previous discussions.
        I’ve doing much more serious Biblical studies and gotten more strength in my beliefs. It’s not that I have a personal vendetta against homosexuality, because I certainly don’t consider it to be the greatest sin that’s going around the world these days. But there’s much that’s tied up with it and political/sociological/education agenda that has repercusions that will have a widespread result and result in serious combativeness in short period of time and have major repercussions that most can’t imagine.
        Perhaps we can discuss it at another time.

1. @Floridahank
          It has become quite clear to all pinknews readers over the last 2 years, moreover that you do have a personal vendetta against any thing to do with homosexuals or homosexuality.
          When you say
          “But there’s much that’s tied up with it and political/sociological/education agenda that has repercusions that will have a widespread result and result in serious combativeness in short period of time and have major repercussions that most can’t imagine.”
          This sounds like paranoid fantical thinking
          Hank, will you be the one carrying the gun and shooting homosexuals then?

2. Hi Hank. Hope you’re well. Sadly,it does sometimes feel like a personal attack, whether you mean it that way or not. As I’ve said, while SOME LGBT people might be political, most just want to live their lives quietly and be treated the same as anyone else.

Nothing would please me more than to be able to get on with my life without having to fight inequality and homophobia. What I think you’re seeing as political/educational is merely an attempt to gain equal rights. NO-ONE can be ‘made’ gay when they’re not. All education seeks is to help stop homophobia. I’ve been abused in the street by teens and had a bottle thrown at my head – the only reason for this was that I dared to hold hands with my girlfriend just like many straight people were doing that day.

Read your Bible certainly, but do be aware that some factions in the US seek to twist it and to use your religion to encourage you to do hateful things or limit the rights of others. There is NO threat from LGBT people.

30. The last (cut) words were…including babies!

31. I am a bisexual woman. I have been out as Bi since I was a 15, I am now 32.
    I have been married to the same man for going on 7 years.
    We have a child together and neither of us have ever cheated, he is heterosexual.

Bisexuality is real and not all bisexuals are cheaters. I am amazed at the number of gay people who hate on bisexuals and don’t see the glaring hypocrisy.

32. @Phoenix
    Are there any sexual acts between consenting adults that you deem immoral?

1. @Keith
      If Pheonix were to say no!!!
      Would that satisfy you?
      Keith – what would you do with such a post?

2. @Keith
      It is curious how you have been fishing around all week on Pinknews to find some one who will type, “no there are no sexual acts between consenting adults that I find immoral”, in response to your repetitive question “Are there any sexual acts between consenting adults that you deem immoral?”

1. an ex-gay is a square circle;
        k. is an ex-gay;
        k. is a square circle (what Aristotle called a ‘null class’)

1. It is interesting that my question is not answered but rather seems to trigger defensive accusations of ‘ex gay’
          Either the concept of immorality does not exist in the homosexual community or the confidence to defend what you (the homosexual community) deem to be moral values does not exist and you are fearfuul that I will undermine your position and expose you as amoral.
          To any homosexual on here …
          Are there any sexual acts between consenting adults that you deem immoral?

1. @Keith
            Why is that you do not deem you Ex-gay activites immoral?
            I do not see any defensive communication, only persistant questioning by you Keith.

2. @Keith
            I see that you are disperate to justify your “Ex-gay Life Style Choice”
            It is really sad, and a testimony to how disturbed you are, that you need to find one person on this site who will give you the answer you are looking for, so that you can justify your Ex-gay misery.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:45pm

Thats because you and your questions are irrelevent to this site.

4. Does the concept of immorality exist in the heterosexual community, Keith?

2. JohnK, also notice how the Troll words the question carefully, trying to lead to an answer It desires. It carefully omits references to harm, relation etc.

Also, “immoral” is a personal construct and reference point – what one person deems immoral another may not. So without a definition of what It means by immoral, the Troll’s question is all but unanswerable.

1. Exactly right, phoenix. It’s a silly little strategy and even if you answer ‘correctly’, keith will then leap on you for omitting something that most people would take as read. Rather pathetic really, as all he’s doing is seeking to reinforce his own prejudices rather than learn. Makes me wonder why he bothers with PN – maybe it’s the men here he’s really interested in. He certainly has sex on his mind most of the time, it seems.

1. This post shows how defensive the homosexuals are when moral questions arise. There IS no right or wrong answer. I am asking people s opinion, after which I guarantee that by your own words, you will be condemming yourselves.

2. Jock S. Trap 28 Aug 2011, 8:28am

Your so right, Iris!! :)

2. I wonder why “fundies” of all kinds avoid conversations and dialogue.

1. “I wonder why “fundies” of all kinds avoid conversations and dialogue.”
            Interesting quesion, I guess I tend to think of fundamentalists as massively defending a very rigid view of the world. Therefore, any dialogue out side of this world view becomes not only dangerous, but threatens to bring the whole delusion crashing down rather like a pack of cards.

2. so funnies… er… I mean fundies… are duty bound not to take us seriously…but expect to be taken seriously…

3. Hi Phoenix
          Thanks, yep, I had noticed that as well.
          Interestingly, if you use the same tactics as Keith does, i.e use the broken record technique to continually assert a particular question, Keith then throws a massive tantrum
          On the thread “Gay Zebra finches” Keith kept avoiding my questions, so I used Keiths broken record technique. Keith not only throw a tantrum, but accused me of harrasing him, and then reported me to pinknews managment.
          Talk about double standards, hypocrisy, and shear bl**dy cheek.
          Lol

4. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:48pm

Yep it’s been well documented in all the threads it hijacks.

5. I have asked you personally whether you believe that there is any sexual act that consenting consenting adults may engage in that you believe immora;l. i am not saying your moral code has to agree with synergize with that of others as you imply. I am merely asking you to clarify your moral code and you cannot..
          Do you have a moral code? (seriously)

1. I probably have a more stringent moral code than YOU, Keith – I don’t harass others for the way they were born, for starters. And I did actually answer your question, elsewhere in this very comments section.

But the point you are missing is that what you perceive to be immoral, I may not. And what I perceive to be immoral someone else may not. So in reality, your leading question is almost impossible to answer without a definition of what you mean by ‘immoral’, to set the context. To me, the view held by some religious minorities that a wife is the property of her husband and thus cannot be raped, because she is his, is immoral. But to someone who actually believes that, it isn’t immoral.

Morality is such a complex and personal matter that using it as the basis of a question is utterly and completely pointless – and I think you know that, you are just trying to make a fuss.

2. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 8:49am

I would imagine most of us would have a better, more stringent moral code, phoenix.

3. The more I read of Keith’s posts, the more I’m thinking a goldfish has stronger moral code than he does lol

33. @John K
    “Reparative therapy to change sexual orientation has been outlawed in the UK by the Royal College of Psychiarists, and all other bodies connected with registering psychotherapists.”

Proving what? It is also unlawful to use inhumane methods to stem the inclinations and urges of those who are attracted to prebubescent children. this does not justify the urge or make paedophilia (not child abuse) which is a mental disposition, right or moral does it? It is the same with homosexuality.!

1. @Keith
      “Proving what?”
      The fact that all reputable mental health and therapy organsiations outlaw reparative therapy, is proof in self.
      Reparative therapy has been outlawed in the UK becasue of empirical evidence which links such therapies with causing depression, anxiety and in some cases sucide.

1. I have not disputed this though and I have not called for reparative therapy so I fail to see the significance?

34. Bisexuals have been and continue to be misunderstood.

From conversations with a few friends who are bisexuals, I am inclined to believe that bisexuals can fall in love with either sex, but that they are no more promiscuous that str8 people.

35. …than str8 people**

36. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 2:45pm

Seems a waste to tell us what we already know but hey-ho.
    Personally I think if everyone was completely honest there would be more Bisexual people than heterosexual.

1. mm…yea…esp. considering the locations of male g-spots… (erogenous zones)

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Aug 2011, 3:49pm

Oh, exactly Jonpol!!

2. floridahank 28 Aug 2011, 3:04am

Jock…..I can’t help but laugh at your statement. Come on….do you really think human nature is that screwed up about sex?

1. The only screwed up thing about sex in humans is the recent idea (in the last 150 years) of treating the subject of sex as taboo. By doing that, we set our culture back millennia.

2. Jock S. Trap 28 Aug 2011, 8:32am

It isn’t human nature that is screwed up about sex just some individuals like yourself.

3. Jock S. Trap 28 Aug 2011, 8:34am

Interesting though how you blame human nature and not yourself.

1. floridahank 28 Aug 2011, 6:53pm

Hey Jock. Where do you get off that I blamed human nature. I replied to your stupid comment “Personally I think if everyone was completely honest there would be more Bisexual people than heterosexual”
          I certainly would like to see any evidence to let you make such an insane remark. Personally, I think what you’re saying is “wishful thinking.”
          I guess homosexuals want to try to find any justification to help expand
          their lifestyle with the general public.

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 8:56am

“do you really think human nature is that screwed up about sex?”
            You asked the question. Who, other than you, brought into the argument ‘human nature’ and screwed up’.
            Why even say it if You didn’t think it?
            You clearly think being Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual must mean that human nature must be screwed up.
            What your trying to do is shift blame onto us thinking it. A typical ‘projection’ ploy of religious fruitloops like yourself.
            Shame since human nature is the least screwed up. It’s (some) humans like you that clearly are to even suggest it.

2. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 8:58am

Point is, if truth were known, my statement –
            ““Personally I think if everyone was completely honest there would be more Bisexual people than heterosexual””
            Is far more honest than the majority if not all of your comments, your just in denial about it.

3. Jock S. Trap 29 Aug 2011, 8:59am

But then I have a feeling most from the LGBTQI community are far more honest in life that the likes of you, hank.

4. “I guess homosexuals want to try to find any justification to help expand
            their lifestyle with the general public.”

No, Hank – we don’t need to justify who we are any more than you needed to justify why you married your wife. Also, we don’t want to ‘expand our lifestyle’ because it isn’t a lifestyle (we do just the same everyday things as you); it’s not possible to change someone’s sexuality – ie ‘recruit’ them, and all we want is for people to be able to be who they are without being bullied and victimised or forced to hide their true sexuality because of bigotry.

LGBT people are no better or worse than straight people. We’re not monsters nor do we have any desire to hurt others or the world in which we live.

If you accepted that, it wouldn’t harm your belief in god in any way. If humans ‘are all sinners’ then why not leave us to live our lives in peace and concentrate on living and enjoying your own life?

37. So now science has finally proved I do exist ? What a relief !! And here was I thinking I was just an illusion or an error of the Matrix. That would be sad, and philosophically paradoxal.

“I think I like both men and women, therefore I am” – some French guy, René-Something