Will Young wants to be a father

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Aug 2011, 2:20pm

Good luck to him

Loving the New Album ‘Echoes’!! Been playing it all morning… hoping no-one knocks on the door coz I ain’t gonna hear it!

2. Giod luck to him

I don’t ever want to be a parent..

1 of the nice things about being gay in my view is that there is far less societal pressure to reproduce.

And to be honest the idea of parenthood disgusts me.

However each to their own and all that.And good luck to Will if he wants to be a parent.

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Aug 2011, 3:34pm

Wow, strong word ‘disgusts’ esp for parenthood.

Esp when it is one of the most beautiful things in life to actually be a parent and watch your child grow.

Not much can be better, apart of course the love of a good man to enjoy being a parent with.

1. I just find children annoying and needy and whining. And simply not very interesting.

Some people think this means I am selifish.

i disagree. There is notthing selfish about lacking a parental urge. And it’s far more common than people realise.

Women witthout a maternal instinct are regarded with enormous suspicion. It’s almost as if not wanting to ruin your figure and not wanting to be responsible for another human being for 18 years; and being too tired to have a sex life is somehow selfish.

And what amuses me is that so many people (especiallty straight people) measure their self worth based on whether or not they have reproduced.

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Aug 2011, 4:41pm

Thats certainly true not everyone is cut out to be a parent, fair point, though the needy and whinging bit depends on the parent not the child.

I certainly wouldn’t have missed my son growing into the proud man he is today and unlike a lot of straight parents he has grow without prejudice and to accept who people are, even bigots like Keith. However he doesn’t suffer fools like Keith willingly. Thats why I proud of my boy!!

Funny thought how Keith ignored the facts when I said that 1) even though he is my son, I have never had sex with a women and 2) in his 20 years his mother has had 7 partners to my one, yet I am the immoral one, funny that innit!!

2. Could not agree more SteveC.

3. Paddyswurds 20 Aug 2011, 10:27am

@SteveC..
          …just about my only regret at sixty is that I didn’t reproduce or at least adopt a child. Good for Will and i hope he can fulfill his yearning soon. i think he will make a wonderful parent to any lucky child.

4. @ SteveC: it’s also interesting to note the way people (a declining number I hope) who accuse those who’re voluntarily childless of selfishness routinely use the words “I want” themselves – “I want four children” etc. What is “I want” if not the expression of selfishness?

1. Yes, that’s wrong. Anyone who doesn’t want children definitely shouldn’t feel pressured to have them or made to feel guilty or selfish. However, i also dislike the abuse aimed at people who DO choose to have children. That’s equally unacceptable.

Each to their own – and lay off the criticism of others’ equally valid choices.

2. Jock S. Trap 21 Aug 2011, 8:28am

Oh indeed Iris.

And I’ve had my share of “your Gay and have a child, why?”, “Your not supposed to have children, your Gay” and of course the old chestnut “Your Gay you shouldn’t have children”. Yet my son is one of the most balanced, open minded people I know as I did everything to try and bring him up without prejudice. He is a remarkable lad but then I guess I would say that coz I’m proud innit!! :)

5. @”My advice – keep your figure; go on incredible holidays; have intelligent conversatons with other adults.”…and die sad and lonely. Children are a gift not a commodity. It is hard to understand if you don’t have them. I am one of lucky ones having a pair, a grand daughter, a lovely ex wife with new man and my own husband. Life is frigging brilliant if you dare to live it.

1. “.”…and die sad and lonely. ”
            I think it’s worth bearing in mind that having children is not in itself a guarantee that you will not die ‘sad and lonely’ – as many thousands of OAPs in the UK will testify.

2. Jock S. Trap 22 Aug 2011, 10:37am

Certainly true, Rehan.

3. Dont know about self absorbed….but this guy just cant sing……he’s hopeless. hes far too up himself.

1. He is a rubbish singer. Looking for ward to the Uganda leg of his world tour though!

1. Hoping to see a lion torn to shreds by Christian zealots are we keith? How very spiritual, loving and moral of you.

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Aug 2011, 9:35am

Yep, it’s all a load of bull!

Wonder what he’ll be next? A Jedi prehaps?

2. As long as he doesn’t sing near in earshot of me i’m happy. He seems a polite young man.
          God will judge him, not me!

1. Then I wish the Almighty would remind you to stop doing Her job, Keith.

2. Jock S. Trap 20 Aug 2011, 2:01pm

What a fvcking hypocrite since thats ALL you do here. fvcking perv.

3. I think Will Young is amazing and rightly so should become a dad! I’d get with him given the chance! :-)

2. Jock S. Trap 20 Aug 2011, 9:34am

Don’t think anyone gives a sh!t what you got to say, Keith!

2. Jock S. Trap 20 Aug 2011, 9:33am

Blimey, really? You need to turn your hearing aid up love. :)

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Aug 2011, 9:36am

Granted Will Young may not be everyones taste but can’t see how he can be faulted for being a excellent singer with heaps of talent.

4. Good attitude and good luck to him. More gay men should become parents. Becoming a dad has been wonderful for me.

5. martyn notman 19 Aug 2011, 9:22pm

think he’d make great dad. speaking to the MAIL though??? Wouldnt use it for TP frankly…

1. It pisses me off when gay celebrities speak to the Mail. Show some self respect. That would be something to teach your kids.

6. More proof that gays have family values.

7. He’ll probably be a good Dad.
    I’m personally a secret admirer of King Herod.

8. I’m moved to say that I’m really not interested.

9. Steady on Will – One ambition at a time – Learn to speak then learn tosing properly – then maybe add another ambition – dickhead

1. Jock S. Trap 22 Aug 2011, 8:18am

Oh dear…

2. How rude to make this comment. Very rude. Says a lot about you JohnD.