Brian Dowling to host Big Brother

1. I like Brian..but no one can ever replace Davina.. sorry but it is true.

2. Spanner1960 25 Jul 2011, 4:15pm

Oh, which celeb will have the mincing little queen in tears this time?

3. Please, someone. Let this programme die in peace.

1. Channel 4 had every intention of allowing it to go out with a whimper but Channel 5 like nothing better than flogging a dead horse.

4. At least it’s on 5 so it won’t knock Desperate Housewives off the air! ;)

5. Brian Dowling? No thanks. Whatever happened to the far more attractive and mentally balanced gay guy (Josh or something?) who was in Big Brother the same year as Brian? He had no issues or hang ups and was a far better role model for people coming out than Brian who surely only won on pity votes.

1. john_ireland 25 Jul 2011, 10:39pm

here here. well said!

6. Paddyswurds 25 Jul 2011, 7:15pm

Congrats to brian who won BB with the largest ever vote count and then won Ultimate BB, to top it off. A very balanced, positive, happy and a great role model for any young gay man. His success in the general media and advertising medium is testament to his great likability, and Ireland is rightly proud of him.
    Another plus is the fact that we will never again hav to endure that totally unfunny and very annoying McCall bint.

1. Paddyswurds 25 Jul 2011, 7:16pm

errata…
      …. Brian***. obv.

1. Paddyswurds 25 Jul 2011, 7:17pm

errata2…grrrr
        ….Brian **. Obv.

1. Paddyswurds 25 Jul 2011, 7:18pm

errata3…
          ……..Brian **. Obv.

1. Paddyswurds 25 Jul 2011, 7:20pm

errata4
            ….Brian**
            Pink News please, please fix your software.!!!

2. Spanner1960 25 Jul 2011, 11:11pm

Errata:
      “A very balanced, positive, happy and a great role model for any young gay man.”
      You obviously haven’t seen him pissed in GAY shouting “Do you know who I am!!??”

1. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 11:01am

@Spanner…
        ….and one supposes you’ve never been pissed or done anything you’d regret later, seeing you are soooo perfect and all.

1. Of couse he hasn’t thats why he so bitter and uptight

7. Who keeps giving this talentless gimp “work”? And why are they recomissioning a programme that epitomises the cultural gangrape that was the last decade?

1. I so agree with you Ewan – Its like Peter Andre – pop star – he only one hit -I don’t understand why anyone is interested in his life or other peoples.

8. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 11:19am

Well it is just so gratifying to see that the English Gay scene hasn’t changed over the years. Still bitter, twisted and bitchy as ever. Of course the fact that Brian is Irish has nothing whatever to do with the jealous bitching. Oh and by the way there is another Irish presenter on the way to the BBC to stand in for the excellent (and Irish) Graham Norton on the Radio. Ryan Tubridy
    In answer to Paul and Ewan, the reason Irish presenters keep getting the work is because there is simply no homegrown talent in England and never was, Wossy? ffs. Even Peter Andre, who someone else bitched about is an Aussie/Greek. so suck it up bitchy queens.

1. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 11:36am

….oh and just to rub it in here is a short list of just a few of the award winning Irish presenters who have graced your screen over the last few years:
      Eamon Andrews.
      Terry Wogan.
      Gloria Hunneford.
      Eamon Holmes.
      Olivia O’Leary
      Dermot Murnahan.
      Dermot O’Leary.
      Louis Walsh.
      Des Lynam.
      Graham Norton.
      Grainne Seoige.
      and Christine Bleakly.
      Sorry girls, but you just don’t have what it takes to compete against such a wealth of talent. If you think different well then just who are they and where are they?.
      Sorry to sound so smug….not.

1. Paddy are you able to walk upright with all those chips on your shoulder? And if all these presenters are sooooo great why did they have to f-k off to the UK to become famous? You utter gimp.

1. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 5:51pm

@cmyb…
          ….stupid comment and question but i will answer it nontheless. Population…thats why There are roughly 6.5 million people in Ireland north and south versus 60 million in the UK. Satisfied. What chips….. I just pointed out what you so obviously missed when you dissed Brian Dowling.. Oh and btw, most of them were poached from Irish stations like RTE and UTV.so they didn’t have to fcuk off as you so elegantly put it .Bitter much methinks. Just exactly why are you so bitterly anti Irish, pray?
          For someone who claims to be only 20 you certainly do have an unbelieveably negative and bitter streak running through you. Whats up pet…been rejected by the Gay scene or something? Do tell.

1. Whining Irish twat, go and suck on a potato. Moan moan moan, I’m Irish, I’m Irish, moan, moan. Shame you didn’t build the Titanic as well as you did bombs.

2. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 9:09pm

@freda…
            ………who’s moaning except you. I am gleefully extolling the virtues of Irish talent. Talent being something you would clearly know nothing about as you so obviously demonstrated by your whinging racist taunt.
            And BTW if the English captain of the Titanic hadn’t been a drunk and had a modicum of common sense, 1200 people wouldn’t have lost their lives when the stupid moron drove the ship into an iceberg the size of the Isle of Mann. And another thing, if the English Board of Trade had done their job properly, the ship would not have been allowed to sail with only enough lifeboats for half the people on board. Now you go suck on a lemon….or a lime, you Limey cnut.

2. I’m Scottish, you plum. I don’t find Dowling offensive because he’s successful or talented, he’s not. I certainly don’t find him offensive because he’s Irish, I’m of Irish descent. I despise Brian Dowling, because he’s a loud, shrill, mouthy twat that serves as a sterling example of everything that is wrong with gay culture today. He shows no sign of intelegence, instead, extolling the virtues of this vapid, content free age. Money and fame. Celebrity. He’s utterly worthless.

And please think twice before you pull that pathetic racism card in the future. No one likes that guy.

1. Paddy pulls that EVERY time someone disagrees with him on this site. We’re all anti Irish apparently. I’m also Irish btw unlike paddy ‘the militant’ wurds i’m not assuming we’re slating Brian Dowling simply because he’s Irish. I’m slating him cause he’s a f–king tool, a hysterical, mincing, juvenile twit who hasn’t seem to have developed beyond a mental age of about 14 when he spent his time practising his mincey strut, discovered eyebrow tweezers and filled out an application form to become a trolley dolly.

1. Really? That’s pretty pitifull. Also, does he not get the Irony in calling everyone racist for slagging of an Irishman, then claiming the English are all talentless immediately afterwards? Is he a troll, or just really f-cking stupid?

1. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 6:09pm

@Ewan…
            ….”.claiming the English are all talentless” There certainly does seem to be a dearth of English talent on the telly and now that you mention it even less Scots. I fail to see the racism in legitimate comment which neither cmyb or you seem unable to counter by pointing out some of the talent you seem to think i have missed or am ignoring.
            @cmyb .
            ……”.I’m also Irish btw unlike paddy ‘the militant’ wurds ” You are about as irish as Oliver Cromwell was. I was born and reared in the north of Ireland and hold an Irish passport, so what exactly would you say my nationality is, moron?

2. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 5:59pm

@Ewan…
        …….”I’m Scottish, you plum” I don’t think I referred to your nationality so i’m a bit mystified by that comment.
        If he wasn’t successful and talented he would not be in demand which he clearly is whether you like it or him or not. Otherwise he would have melted into the woodwork like so many hasbeens.
        On reading my comment again i suggest you also reread it I clearly didn’t say you thought him offensive for being Irish or else. I addressed the end of the comment to you and Paul so read it again and get down off your high horse. Typical Scots bad temper you display.

1. The mention of my nationality came in response to your “well….the english are all talentless, that’s why there’s so many Irish folk on the telly!” ramble. I was pointing out that your blithering insults about the English don’t really have any bearing on me. And I wasn’t saying you were racist, merely racist by the retarded logic that you were applying to the rest of us. Which is to say, not racist.

Nor do I really care about any of the broad generalisations you’ve made about the Scots, either. We’re talking about TV presenters, and their comparitive talent.. Ironic, being as TV presenters, if this is their sole profession, generally don’t don’t have any talent. Dowling as I said, is the epitome of everything vapid and rotten about gay culture, as well as general culture. He’s vapid, self-obsessed, driven by the need for fame without having done anything to deserve it, he’s not in the remotest bit intelegent. He’s part of a continuing effort to dumb down society.

1. Paddyswurds 27 Jul 2011, 10:45am

@Ewan….
            ….well going by whats being turned out by the schools, he won’t have much bother “dumbing down society” as you say.

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Jul 2011, 11:28am

There is nothing wrong with Gay culture nor community it’s intolerant people who choose not to see how diverse out community is.
        Some people are camp, some ain’t. You get the same in any community. Get over it.

1. My issue isn’t with camp gay men, it’s with talentless, empty headed, loud mouthed fame whores, without an iota of personality or intelect.

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Jul 2011, 11:10am

Fair enough!

3. Spanner1960 27 Jul 2011, 6:21pm

Sure, there are plenty of talented Irish celebrities around, but Brian Dowling isn’t one of them. People like him are simply a fcuking embarrassment to the rest of us.

9. duffers8503 26 Jul 2011, 3:18pm

Paddy, why you felt the need to justify your point by listing Irish presenters is a little byond me. We’re talking about Brian Dowling for goodness sake. Even so, I thought you might like to know that yes, Dermot O’Leary has Irish parents but he himself was actually born, raised and educated in Colchester, Essex. That makes him English does it not??

1. Ah not in Paddy’s eyes though, he’d use the ’6 degrees of separation’ theory to try and throw together a flimsy point.

1. duffers8503 26 Jul 2011, 4:32pm

Yes, indeed. Straws… clutching…

And Ewan. “I despise Brian Dowling, because he’s a loud, shrill, mouthy twat that serves as a sterling example of everything that is wrong with gay culture today.” Perfect analysis, love it!

2. Paddyswurds 26 Jul 2011, 6:14pm

‘duffer853….
      ….Excuse the mistake, altho justified as he constantly refers to himself as Irish. So perhaops you should put that question to him.

10. Jock S. Trap 27 Jul 2011, 11:24am

Old News, Tired Show has-been.
    There’s a reason Channel 4 scrapped it and it took them too long to get round to it to.
    Clearly Channel 5 aren’t wanting ratings.

11. Paddy dearest.

I am Irish (on both sides, although I was born in the capital of Ireland – currently known as Liverpool).

You are sounding like a drunken desperado.

1. well said paddy- Im laughing my ass off at all the twats who go on and on about sterotypes, you making a laughing stock of yourselves. Your all shallow and insecure ! You dont find issues being made in the straight community of beer bellies or blonde bimbos. As for Brian the way i see it – he’s fantatsic representative of a gay man. Yes I remember Josh the gay man who did his best to act straight. It doesn’t work.