George Michael calls Jeremy Clarkson ‘a pig-ugly homophobic twat’

1. spiritbody 19 Jul 2011, 5:48pm

Suprised Im the first to comment on this. There must be hundreds more Clarkson haters besides me.

1. Spanner1960 19 Jul 2011, 9:06pm

Yeah, and there’s plenty of us that love him too.

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Jul 2011, 8:55am

I think that says more about you Spanner…

2. Eddy - from 2007 20 Jul 2011, 7:47am

Clarkson is indeed a frightful individual, so irresponsible, one of the planet’s leading polluters. I was disgusted to find he was hosting “Not the Week That Was” last week. I turned to another channel immediately rather than be subject to that man’s awful twisted narrow-minded view of life.

1. It’s always the most ugly straight men who think every gay man wants them

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Jul 2011, 8:56am

Yeah in crazy world where the people are blind and have no sense of feeling, smell or hearing.

Even then I’m sure they’d know better.

3. Disagree.

Clarkson is not homophobic, he is not afraid of gay people.

He has had many gay guests on Top Gear and got along with them really well. You gay brits lower the standards SO MUCH that almost everybody that breaths is a homophobe. This is why so many people are reluctant to publicly support gay initiatives.

2. Cardiff Blogger 19 Jul 2011, 5:50pm

But George Michael is promiscuous! He’s been arrested for it in the past.

Saying Katie Price is a slag isn’t being ‘heterophobic’, it’s just a fact. Hate people using the word ‘homophobe’ needlessly. Devalues the word.

1. Hi quite agree, he can’t complain about someone referring to him as promiscuous as he has proved he is (or at least has been).

I hate Clarkson as much as the next person, but Mr Michael’s reaction seems a bit over the top.

2. “Slag” is a sexist term. It was used here about Katie Price but not George Michael.

1. I wonder if it’s ever been used about Clarkson’s mistress, too. (Although I’m thinking that’s more ‘desperate’ than ‘slag’.)

3. Quite agree Cardiff.. a lot of poeple don’t mind bein called homophobic on the basis that they think it’s very easy to be classed as homophobic for doing almost anything. .
      Also, George might want to keep in touch with Jeremy in case he ever wants to learn how to drive properly! lol

4. Rich (original) 21 Jul 2011, 12:09am

You are correct! Congrats!

5. So what if George Michael is promiscuous? I don’t have to sleep with him – I’d be flattered to be asked to, but would still refuse. I do however have to pay for a TV licence, of which a sizeable chunk goes into the back pocket of the thick pig Jeremy Clarkson.

3. That’s unfair on pigs!

4. Jeremy Clarkson is s*it, and resembles it. That’s as eloquent as I can be about him.

5. George Michael is/has been promiscuous

Jerry Clarkson is pig ugly

I suspect Clarkson is also homophobic

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Jul 2011, 8:57am

And the news is…?

1. Oh its not news …

Apart from George Michael commenting on it …

2. Spanner1960 23 Jul 2011, 9:22am

You suspect wrong. I *know* he isn’t.

6. Oh, nice, a gendered insult.

7. Jason Brown 19 Jul 2011, 11:29pm

The comment wasn’t homophobic it was fairly accurate to be fair.

1. The comment wasn’t homophobic at all, I agree. but Clarkson has been known to jibe at gay people. I’m not sure if he’s homophopbic, I don’t know him personally. However, I do know someone that does and they actually said he’s pretty cool about the whole gay thing and tends to be a joker.

Perhaps his humour is misplaced.

8. Stevieeeeeeee 19 Jul 2011, 11:55pm

i personally don’t think JC is homophobic, i think its just “banter”, albeit tasteless banter in most cases at least. I mean, look when Wil Young and Stephen Fry were on…

i mean, go look at WBC, Fox news et al.

isn’t it possible he’s just just keeping up a charade to reach the intended target audience of his tv shows?

go meet him in a pub and THEN, and only then, comment on this.

1. Staircase2 20 Jul 2011, 3:03am

that last bit doesn’t make any sense…

2. ‘Will Young and Stephen Fry were on’. Indeed they were but then Top Gear needs ‘celebrity’ guests so they’ll take just about anyone and Stephen Fry will appear on ANYTHING just to have his voice heard.

3. I agree with you that it’s probably just banter. I think Jezza is a harmless bloke, typical of most of the straight fellas I know, to be honest… and I love Top Gear. He can be pretty degrading towards women too but I still take it as harmless banter to be honest.

1. Banter + alcohol = violence. Banter is never harmless and you need some self respect

1. I disagree.

2. i disagree too

9. Jeremy Clarkson is vile.

He seems to think so much of himself.

And, his anti-government rants and “I am against political correctness” is rich coming from someone who is making millions from a state channel for which citizens are forced to fund.

1. Staircase2 20 Jul 2011, 3:05am

I strongly object to the word ‘vile’ (which usually says more about the person saying it than it does about the intended victim….)
      Mind you – Jeremy Clarke is friends with Rebecca Brookes of News of The World fame etc etc…

10. I watched this man once! That was it! Reminds me of every male hetero asshole on the planet!

1. Eddy - from 2007 20 Jul 2011, 7:48am

Good for you, Brenton. I’m with you.

1. Are straight arseholes particularly different to gay ones?

(No jokes regarding them being looser etc please!)

1. Probably not Damien, but there are more of them! lol

11. Jock S. Trap 20 Jul 2011, 8:54am

Jeremy Clarkson is “a pig-ugly homophobic twat”…

Tell us something we don’t know!

12. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

1. Seconded.
      _

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

13. George Michael…. another gay that does us a disservice! Vile man!

1. Shut your cakehole the man has done more with his life that you would do with a million. Punk ass bitch

1. He certainly has, taken drugs, drank him self to death and has acted like an absolute prick for years. I am very proud of have done none of that except got drunk. He is no respectable gay role model, he is a disgrace and ought to shut his mouth.

1. Jock S. Trap 20 Jul 2011, 3:53pm

We all make mistakes Luke and we all have the right to a chance to make it up to those we hurt and affect.

1. I’d also disagree with the statement that George Michael “drank him self to death.”

2. People do deserve a chance to change and hopefully he can and become something he really wants to be, a respectable person. But his recent record isn’t great and does people like me a disservice when I live in homophobic environments, it merely reinforces their extreme views on gay people. I look at gay people in sport as better role models, shame there isn’t many of them about, hopefully soon they’ll be able to come out, esp in football. Anyone looking in fields for sex or taking drugs ans expect to be the voice of the LGBT community ought to shut up in my view.

3. Jock S. Trap 21 Jul 2011, 9:30am

No I don’t agree with that Luke, thats like saying Amy Winehouse or Pete Doherty speak for the straight community.

Truth only a small number of people think we are all at it all the time but most don’t.

I have long since cared what a few warped minded sheep think about me, I know I’m not like that and as do my family and friends, Straight and Gay alike. That is whats important to me.

4. Jock…. I don’t think your comparisons are right.

There are fewer gay people than straight people. Straight people also don’t suffer from the stereotypes like gay people. George Michael ticks many boxes that many homophobes have of gay people. In my view, he just confirms their prejudices even more and it makes it harder for people like me who live in deeply homophobic environments.

I like your last sentence but I do think the culture around gay people is still based on prejudices so I am unable to share what you think, especially when living in an homophobic environment.

2. drank himself to death?? saw him in court not long ago and he seemed very much alive…….but seriously George is not a great role model – he’s a human guy who makes some mistakes. I like him for that.

1. I do not mean it in the literal sense…. I shouldn’t of said that. I still think he’s a terrible role model.

2. Luke you stupid cnut if you dropped dead today only the fleas would mourn you. George Michael is a creative genius his music trancends genres and he seems down to earth too. He has millions of fans including me

3. hahha James! oh dear, you showing your self up. People have a right to disagree with your love for George Michael. Chill out.

2. I don’t think he does us a disservice whatsoever. I look at George as someone who’s never played the fame game simply because of who he is. He’s an uber talented songwriter and performer. He was doing charity work behind the scenes unlike others who jump on a bandwagon simply to pontificate (Sting, Chris Martin, Bono, Madonna). I think his only major mistake was driving while stoned. I’d prefer hear about one George Michael cruising story than dozens of reports about Chris Brown assaulting his girlfriend of making bigoted remarks. I’d prefer know that George Michael is happy in himself and if he wants to his money on weed instead of rent boys (Boy George) more power to him.

3. Clarkson was investigated for showing his weenie to a 14-year-old. nuff said.

14. Jeremy Clarkson doesn’t want to be ‘bummed’ by anyone?
    Phew. That’s nasty pressure off lots of gay men, then. One fewer nightmare.

15. Quite agree CardiffBlogger!
    He is or has been promiscuous! Not that any of Mr Clarkson’s business anyway!

16. Staircase2…Rebekah Brooks…another homophobe, the former editor of the now defunct, thankfully, NofW homophobic rag and another pig-ugly twat. Someone should tell her that awful hairdo is so dated and equally ugly.

17. Which nobody can deny!

18. Rich (original) 20 Jul 2011, 3:52pm

George Michael are pig-ugly idiot and dirty cock-sucking animal. That’s the fact, so far…..

1. At least express your nastiness in grammatical English, Rich.

19. Clarkson is applying double standards for calling George Michael promiscuous when he’s been playing away from home as well.

“Clarkson had affair with mistress Phillipa Sage for more than a year” Daily MIrror, April 2011

1. There’s plenty of sh1te on Clarkson that will never see the day because he has his lawyers like flies on sh1t. The Popbitch debacle suggest he has plenty to hide.

20. Whenever I think of Clarkson I think of the word ‘Superinjunction’.

21. Galadriel1010 20 Jul 2011, 5:23pm

So George Michael engaged Clarkson, and then cried homophobia when Clarkson joined in? Asshat.

Clarkson isn’t any more homophobic than he is anti-White Van Man. Everyone is equally likely to get the piss taken out of them. He treads the line between class clown and bully, but, as far as I’m concerned, he stays on the class clown side because I suspect he’d have your back if it was anyone but him.

22. Martin MacDonald 20 Jul 2011, 9:33pm

I’m Gay & I wouldn’t buy anything looking too ‘Ginger-Beer’ etc either!! So what does that make me? lol

23. Would be so refreshing to have a group of straight guys presenting a TV show on walking, cycling and public transport! So many people do not have cars today and so many young people do not even have a Driver’s Licence!

1. Spanner1960 23 Jul 2011, 9:24am

How fcuking depressing.
      The rest of us just like looking at big boys toys we can’t afford.

24. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UlC2bOUTgk – George Michael has taken part in sketches taking the piss out of his cruising hobby – as soon as some one else does (rather more mildly) he calls them a homophobe – talk about Hypocrisy!

25. soapbubblequeen 21 Jul 2011, 5:17pm

Go George!! Fabulous!

26. George is no role model and is so bitchy. He had a dig at clarkson. So jeremy just had dig back.

27. Nasty Twitter bitchfest backfires on George Michael. Yawn.

1. Spanner1960 23 Jul 2011, 9:25am

And on that bombshell…

28. Vegetariano 25 Jul 2011, 2:33pm

I think Jeremy Clarkson is disgusting on several counts, especially because he promotes driving.

29. Derek Williams 17 Jan, 11:54am

Ad hominems all round. Like kids fighting in the schoolyard.