Pixie Lott, Blue and The Sugababes for Manchester Pride

1. John Hickey-Fry 15 Jul 2011, 2:25pm

I’d heard the Original Bucks Fizz were opening the event this year?

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:27am

Does matter if I arrive late then?

2. Blue are making pink money hand over fist these days.

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:28am

Not getting the point their CMYB, obviously the pink money is because Gay people are buying into Blue out of choice but then has that really changed?

3. It’s a great line-up if you’re about twelve.

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:29am

I doubt a 12 year old would have heard of most of the acts… :)

4. Great line up pahh. Same old derivitive Pop / Dance crap as ever. This is one of many gay men who hate this media hyped banality. Makes me wanna vomit!!

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:29am

Tale it you won’t be going then…:)

5. auntie babs 16 Jul 2011, 9:08am

wonders if Pride organisers realise that there are gay people over the age of 30? I don’t expect to like evey act in the line up but i do expect a token act for us oldies. Earlene Bentley, Pamala Stanley, Marsha Raven, Fancy etc but no, one eye on the till and lets cater to the kiddies again,

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:30am

Who cares? I’m going to enjoy it!!

2. The organisers of Pride do not care what people think. They prove this time and time again by refusing to answer to the community’s questions over concerns about where the money is spent.

6. I use to enjoy Manc Pride even with people moaning about it… however after seeing how much they truly raise for charity I’ve had enough… £110,000 was raised last year… that’s a pretty pathetic amount considering how busy pride is and what it actually rakes into the city o_O

7. With this line up, I am seriously glad I’m not doing Manchester Pride – all they ever feature is pop/dance nonsense. I’m really enjoying the smaller, local prides more and more, they really seem to embrace the diversity in our community. Sheffield Pride this Saturday just gone featured a fantastic selection of performances, including a Heavy metal band, a pop act, dance acts, Pink tribute act and a lot more. I’d much rather have a diverse experience locally than pay silly money for the same regurgitated nonsense at Manchester.