Obama administration asks court to keep military gay ban for now

1. Jock S. Trap 15 Jul 2011, 3:51pm

Stalling in favour to be offensive to the people that live and serve to protect their Very asses!

Shameful

2. jamestoronto 15 Jul 2011, 3:56pm

And so the “dragging in by their heels” process continues. Obama asks the court to hold back for a “while” and “some” of the military leaders are not ready. More than any other country, the US politicians seem to have an uncanny ability to forever prolong the inevitable.

3. he pledged to repeal this yet he supports it when he does stuff like this and the homophobic stuff he’s spouted previous

4. Barack Obama 15 Jul 2011, 4:25pm

Yeah me is only tinkin’ of dem battys an’ ‘ow dey is in de army an’ me no wanna rock de boat and me tinkin’ of another fowar years. Righteous, praise de lawrd.

1. kiss out my bloodclart you jancrow

1. Barack Obama 15 Jul 2011, 4:56pm

hear me now breddrin, no be inna brindle all a cussin’, yo been i’ Babylon a long time wiv dem batty doondoos an’ yo all afearin de glamity. Feel no way wiv wot me writes

1. Is this suppose to be funny? This is just showing you own ignorance and I bet you don’t think this isn’t racial, stupid ass!

1. Yes Bo, knock it off with the mock patois

5. Obama’s smart, he can claim victory for getting it repealled with his party to one side and also claim he tried to stop it being repealled to the homophobes.
    Any gay person who votes for Obama is an idiot.

6. Obama – a black damp squib that turned out more mediocre than anyone could possibly have feared.

1. PumpkinPie 15 Jul 2011, 7:26pm

I don’t see what his race has to do with anything. Obama’s as white as he is black.

1. No. He’s black. And as homophobic as I would expect.

1. I take offense to that Enoch.
          Im no fan of Obama by far but i wouldnt make racist comments about him

2. Agreed. He may be disappointing but the colour of his skin has got nothing to do with that.

1. How I hate this formatting. That was an “agreed” to Pumpkin Pie in case anyone had any doubt.

1. Yes. We know what you meant. I have as much right to discriminate against Barack Obongo’s colour as he does to discriminate against me for my sexuality. I can’t wait till he’s gone.

2. But who on earth will replace him, Enoch? Some of the possibilities are frightening. I can dream of an ideal President, but in reality I don’t think they exist at the moment.

3. Obama’s as white as
        Amazing how few people see it that way isn’t it, Pumpkin Pie? (Ditto Halle Berry among scores of others.)

2. Who will replace him? I honestly don’t know. The world is a mess. I think that our progress as a group has plateaued.

1. “The world is a mess. I think that our progress as a group has plateaued.”

This is just histrionics and fear, neither statement has any basis in fact.

3. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 8:26am

Oh my, Enoch’s attention seeking again I see.

7. Which reminds me.

Comments are disabled for legal reasons on the Pink News story titled: “Man pleads not guilty to New Jersey trans woman’s murder.”
    Pity. I just wanted to say that the suspect is both BLACK and MUSLIM, meeting two out of the three social group criteria for those who I claim threaten LGBT people the most. (The third being devout Christians, of course.)
    3 – 0 to me so far this week.

8. Time for the Muslim leader of America, Obama to go.

1. marjangles 15 Jul 2011, 7:42pm

He’s not a muslim and it’s ridiculous to suggest he is.

Obama has been a huge disappointment albeit a million times better than Bush or McCain. But if he goes, who does he get replaced with? Which Democrat do you want to see on the ticket instead? Hillary whose husband introduced DADT and DoMA? Or maybe you’d rather a Republican who would try to undo even the small amount that Obama has done and would actively seek to make things worse for us?

It’s a depressing choice.

I am however very annoyed about this. As soon as DADT was repealed Obama should have issued an executive order banning discharges for reasons of sexuality. They’ve had nearly seven months to get prepared for the repeal and we’re still waiting. They’re going to make their decisions in the next few weeks?! How bloody long do they need?!

1. At least a Republican will take on the menace of Islam. Obongo is slow on gay rights, and on everything else.

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 8:31am

If you think Obama is slow on Gay rights what do you think people like John McCain and the Republican will do?

It doesn’t take a genious to work out that had Obama not got in we wouldn’t even be talking about the repeal of the DADT bill.

I agree he is stalling and I find that disgraceful but the alternative?

2. So you’d be happy for a Republican president to undo even the little that Obama has done and campaign to have the US constitution changed so that even in friendly states gay people could never get married? And what exactly are Republicans going to do about islam? Start more unwinnable wars? Persecute muslims in the US? Please enlighten us.

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 2:54pm

Seeing Enochs other comments I think this has nothing to do with his party or what he’s about but more the fact Obama is black.

See other comment pages for his racism if you need to see what I mean.

It’s very sad, he’s very sad!

9. OutMilitary.com Blog: *NEWS* Active-Duty Troops To March in Gay PRIDE Parade
    Published by: Shaun Knittel on 14th Jul 2011 | View all blogs by Shaun Knittel
    Hundreds of service members – both gay and straight – plan to march as a group in San Diego’s gay PRIDE parade on Saturday.

Organizers say this will mark the first time they’ve had a military contingent participate and they think it’s a first for any gay PRIDE parade in the nation!

Hillcrest (San Diego’s ‘gayborhood’) resident Seana Sala, 26, is credited for organizing the contingent. Sala, a former sailor, says that he’s been getting emails from veterans and active duty officers and enlisted who want to participate.

“There are people flying in literally from the four corners of the nation to participate in this,” he said. “It’s turned from a very small idea to, now, a national movement.”

…cont’d

10. Nearly 350 people have singed up for the military-themed parade entry. About 70% are active-duty service members and the majority are gay Sala estimates.

They will not, however, march in uniform due to DADT. Instead, they will wear a T-shirt that reads Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines.

This is trend I’d like to see take hold across the nation in gay PRIDE parades!

**************************************

Positive action, American style, innit… yuk, yuk !!

11. Doesn’t this just remind one of the last (Labour) administration of the UK: they had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, by the European Courts to the point where they legislated our rights into law. Even then it was all done reluctantly, with one eye firmly fixed on the fundamentalist religious of all faiths, and bit by bit – a tedious and long drawn out struggle for rights which is so typical of any encounter with the left-wing nutjobs.

12. I agree entirely with Obama. He’s president of America NOT GLAAD. He was eleceted by GLBT, HOMOPHOBES, STRAIGHTS, WHITES, BLACKS, ASIANS, er whatever. He presides over the country for the best interests of EVERYONE not just gays. So wise the hell up. He’s repealed DADT, he’s STOPPED defending it in Court. He’s simply asking for MORE TIME for the military to implement measures for officers to adapt to the new policy. If he was such a homophobe (as some people claim) why would he repeal DADT in the military, the LARGEST military in the world. Lets do what alot of gay people think and RUSH through the repeal and leave every GLBT person in the USA military lives in disrepear becuase people have no patience. This HAS to take time to ensure that should commanding officers know how to deal with descrimination or whatever to a GLBT person and know how the offender be disciplined. NOTHING EVER SEEMS YOU SATISFY OUR COMMUNITY NO MATTER HOW MUCH PROGRESS IS MADE !!!

1. He didnt repeal it, a bunch of other democrats bought a bill forward and obamas been draggin his feet to postpone it ever since.

1. I agree Derry LAD, Hey, Enoch, why don’t you run for something ? We have come a long long way in my 60 years and Obama’s job was like no other president has ever had to face. As far as the racism and sexism we see in many of the comments here it shames me sometimes to be a gay man.

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 8:32am

What makes you think Enoch’s Gay and not some pratt whose just come to make easy targets out of us?

Of course he will fail, wrong targets to pick on.

2. How much progress has been made? You realise it’s over 7 months since DADT was repealed and still no movement has been made. Obama’s administration wants it to still be enforced despite the fact that both Houses of Congress and himself have said that it’s wrong and voted to have it removed. You’re damn right this doesn’t satisfy our community, the dragging of heels here has been ridiculous, the spokeswoman says that the heads of the forces will be making their decisions in the next few weeks but there’s no saying that those decisions will be positive.
      Why the hell shouldn’t we be impatient, we’re 3 years into Obama’s first term and DADT and DoMA are still effectively in force.

1. Tell me has any other President made such commitment to the gay community recently. Ahhh No. Would you prefer that he rush it through and leave the military standing scarching their heads and wondering what the hell do I do now. 7 months is a ver,y very short peroid to implement a policy on a large scale such as this. Staff must be trained. I have gotten packages online that take 2 weeks to arrive God Dammit. This is a huge operation on it own. When they are officially removed it will be hectic as hell in the military. Would you also prefer that Obama focus on more important tasks at hand like the economy or whatever. Lets face it repealing a ban should not be a massive priority for the man. This could be handled by the militray chiefs or SoD. You (marjangles) sound like a hotshot who can critise anyone no matter what they do. The only people who know what it’s like to be in that pesition is Past or Present, President. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY!!!

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Jul 2011, 8:24am

Your right but Obama does need to move on this as it insults every member of the armed forces he expects to protect him and his country.

I don’t really see why they need to stall but without Obama I doubt it would even have been talked about let alone going through the process.

13. Bill (Scotland) 16 Jul 2011, 12:12am

I have personal reasons to hope the ridiculous US policy on gays serving in the military is finally and forever gone sooner rather than later. Get on with it, Obama!

14. Obama has to defend the law against court challenges until the repeal is certified because that’s the deal he made with the Pentagon to get them on board in the first place. They helped get repeal through Congress in exchange for assurance that the Obama DOJ would shield them from the courts long enough for them to get it done the way they want. The service chiefs submitted their final recommendations this week, so it’ll be over soon enough.

15. Do you think it may be something to do with appeasing the Republicans and trying to agree a debt ceiling, America will be broke if they don’t reach an agreement. We know the leader of the House, Boener (lol), is desperate to derail the repeal.

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 10:35am

Certainly a strong possibilty Alf N Spit, trouble is it’s the wrong this to be gambling on.

16. R Clarke Cooper: ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ is an offence to American values that should have been gone long ago. It is shameful that a president who has taken credit for opposing the policy is taking extreme measures to keep it on life support.

Barack Obama: Is it cause I is black?

17. He is a twat and he won’t be round for much longer.

1. Jock S. Trap 16 Jul 2011, 11:15am

Rather have him that a Republican.

1. Can you really tell the difference? I can’t.

2. Whom would you rather was in his place, Michele Bachmann?

1. Sorry, meant to write Whom would you rather have in his place?

1. White Gay Guy 19 Jul 2011, 2:53am

At least then we’d have the first gay in the white house, Marcus Bachmann. All these “firsts” are proving to be very disappointing.

18. There once was a man called Obama, who’s beliefs were the same as Osama’s. He was duly elected, by his race he’s protected, now he sits in the Oval office eating bananas.

1. Never an end to the erudite comments on this site….

2. White Gay Guy 19 Jul 2011, 2:54am

Awe shoot, Ryan, I was enjoying your comments until this juvenile racist rant.

19. Obama is a total politician. He apparently has no principles at all that he will stand by. I wish we had an alternative but the Republicans are much worse. I may just stay home and not vote for either choice. I’m so disappointed with Obama’s half hearted attempts to look supportive of the GLBT community. He is no friend to our community. He only panders to the progressive base to get re-elected.

20. So a Republican comes out with “‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ is an offence to American values that should have been gone long ago. It is shameful that a president who has taken credit for opposing the policy is taking extreme measures to keep it on life support.”
    I suppose you have to admire their chutzpah, if nothing else.

21. This is very good news, it should continue and be rolled out across all countries. Well done Obama.

22. Whatever the reason, whatever the deal and whatever the power play, he said he’d do it, it’s about human rights. But he hasn’t and he continues to explain why not with an earnest look and sorrowful, understanding eyes. You have no integrity, Mr Obama.

23. Miguel Sanchez 18 Jul 2011, 2:24pm

Enough is enough now. The military has known about this for several years now and should have EVERYTHING in place so it’s time to get off the pot.

I hope the court tells the Administration NO, it’s not going to stay its decision.

24. White Gay Guy 19 Jul 2011, 2:51am

Obama on equal rights for gays and lesbians is like when a teenager is asked to do something they hate, so they drag their feet and do a bad job in hopes you won’t ask them again or you’ll do it yourself next time.

I live in Denver where the Dem Nat’l Convention happened in 2008. I worked my ass off and donated all I could for Obama. Not this time around.

25. What is Obama playing at?
    I’m not aware that the US Congress is unable to repeal a law that is already dead letter. It is simply a necessary tidying-up.