Perez Hilton: Gay men were embarrassed by me but I’ve changed

1. Mario is a STAIN on Gay Society.
    Yes he is contributing to the problem also.
    He is one BIG STAIN
    Now Go Away

1. I concur – whole-heartedly. He’s a vicious, callous, cynical, bully who made millions exploiting any and all rumors with complete disregard for truth.

IF he were to donate half the $20 million he got selling his web site last year to the Trevor Project, Stonewall, and the American Foundation for Equal Rights (one of whose board members suffered the humiliation of having nude pictures from a vindictive ex-lover posted by “Perez”), then I MIGHT consider him to be something approaching human.

He remains a self-aggrandizing, flaming volcano of santorum.

2. Chuck Turner 27 Jun 2011, 4:35pm

I don’t this “embarrased” is the right word to describe the prick… pissed off or simply vehemently averse to his comments would better describe him. I am totally indefferent to the JERK!!!! And why must journalists today have to be such aggorant and smarmy clods. There used to be a professionalism within the press corps. Now i This irks me t’s just who can top the other!!!!!

1. Chutneybear 27 Jun 2011, 4:52pm

+1 Chuck :)

3. Gay men are still embarrassed by him. It’s because of gay men like HIM that make me ashamed of being gay. When people find out that I’m gay I don’t want them thinking I’m some bitchy queen who cares about nothing other than himself. I wish he would just disappear

1. You have issues you shoud probably speak to a therapist.

If a complete stranger makes you embarrassed to be gay then you do realise that this is your personal issue and no-one else,s.

I don’t like Perez Hilton but I don’t base my own self worth on how he behaves.

2. Jason 'VertMB' Brown 1 Jul 2011, 10:51am

Does Hitler make you embarrassed to be human/male etc? Just because one person shares a defining characteristic it doesn’t mean everyone else who shares it are the same.

1. No, but Hitler makes a number of Germans feel embarrassed. I spoke to a German who thought that all Germans carry this backpack of “shame” because of what Hitler did and how it affects people’s perception towards Germans as a nation. Of course this does not apply to everyone, but a public figure who can easily come across as a representative of a specific type of person/group can ultimately cast a stereotype on the group he represents.Coming from a country where being Gay and issues related to it is considered taboo, if the only heavy exposure to openly gay man I have to endure is from Perez, I might come up with a subjective stereotype that all Gay people are just like him. Anyway, this is just my 2 cents guys. Forgive my English.

3. Hey two douches below GET OF HIS CASE! Perez Hilton is the worst piece of shot. He makes gays hate gays. Perez is the only person in Hollywood I wish would get beat … DAILY. He a stereo type bitch. That only Chris Crocker gays could like. Get some class

4. He definitely has been an embarrassment to gay culture in the past and he definitely earned his Pink Satan nickname.
    But if he’s decided to change and can make it work, more power to him.

5. Rich's Dirty Mind 28 Jun 2011, 12:03am

Lets hope that Mr Hilton makes amends for his savage antics. I actually wonder if it was the case of he genuinely got carried away with himself and ended up losing control of the situation, leading to him being a nasty piece of work?

6. Perez WHO?! Yeah,ok,lol,I’ve heard of him,course I have,but you know what? I don’t read a word he has to say,it’s THAT simple. I can’t say if he’s any better or worse than all the other ‘gossip columnists’ out there.But if folk didn’t read their crap they’d soon disappear. We give them creedence by ‘buying into’ their world!

1. Hollykins 1 Jul 2011, 6:57pm

Totally, I can’t be bothered to read his drivel. I don’t understanbd why people bother!

7. martyn notman 28 Jun 2011, 12:57am

whats that saying about wh0res never changing their knickers!? Will believe it when i see it- like hes going to not drag someone through the mud to garner himself a little more attention

8. Whatever about this man patting himself on the back for being a social parasite, its the people who read his prattling and self ingratiating blog that should be ashamed of themselves.

1. Well observed, Will. It is market forces at work, and the wretch is only filling a vacuum that society today tragically demands. If he wasn’t filling it with his own excrement then some other wretched lowlife opportunist would be.

9. I cant really get worked up about this guy one way or the other. He’s just a guy who writes a blog. I havent read much of his stuff but when I always enjoyed it when his catty remarks were warrented because some Hollywood starlet who has started to beleive their own hype and needs bringing down a peg or two. I dont consider that bullying. he’s a guy that did well for himself and I say well done. Many people I think are too jealous of people that manage to do well for themselves

1. Chutneybear 28 Jun 2011, 11:48am

He is a mincer of the worst sort…

1. It is interesting that people like Perez who are mincers are also the ones who are most critical of everyone else. He’s no different to the bitter queens you meet on a night out b1tching about what other guys are wearing/who they’re with etc. I’m assuming a shrink would say its a ‘defence mechanism’ that mincers and b1tchy queens like Perez Hilton and his ilk adopt so they’re not the ones receiving the abuse and criticism.

1. Paul UK in CA 15 Jul 2011, 3:17pm

I really agree with this. I often find myself on the other end of bitchy queen’s criticism and isolation. It’s a funny thing, you’d think the gay “community” would be about supporting each other, but I guess it’s wrong to expect too much from a community made up of so many different types of people. The best response is just to be publicly frank and tell them they are being unfriendly.

2. Spiritbody; re Many people I think are too jealous of people that manage to do well for themselves. Yes they are, Perez Hilton being a prime example. When he makes catty remarks about ‘Hollywood starlets’ is it not due to envy at their careers ?

10. 7 million people visit his website every day? Says a lot really, I’m assuming the majority of people following him are yanks who are obsessed with the Kardashians and the likes so reading the Wall St Journal would be beyond them anyway. Kudos to some fat gay guy with a chip on his shoulder who can formulate an online career slating off ‘celebrities’.

11. What’s most unfair is that Perez Hilton is automatically seen as being part of ‘gay culture’ or ‘gay society’ purely by virtue of the fact that he’s gay (and lives up to certain stereotypes) – it’s so annoying the way minorities are so often judged by their most unattractive examples. Jan Moir and Melanie Phillips are infinitely more distasteful journalists yet they’re not seen as being typical of women, after all.

12. I must be terribly out of the loop, but who the hell is this?

13. Vile, trivial, shallow, empty, facuous, meaningless. I wonder what his epitaph will be? “I lived to bitch and gossip.” Wow, that’s some contribution to the evolution of mankind!

14. brian Gorrell 1 Jul 2011, 3:00am

He makes me sick to my guts. I am ashamed for him and his sick hateful homophobic spew!

15. Lawrence in Phoenix 9 Jul 2011, 3:07pm

Right. Because British tabloids are read by people of so much stronger moral fiber than those silly ‘yanks obsessed with the Kardashians.’

16. Geraint Humphreys 12 Jul 2011, 2:15pm

”Let’s put that in perspective: The Wall St Journal, America’s best-selling newspaper, boasts a daily circulation of 2.1 million. More people than that follow Perez on Twitter (he has 3.5 million followers at the time of writing).” The two are not really comparable considering that Twitter is free, and also that having 3.5 million followers in no way means that 3.5 million people read or even see everything you tweet. At least the 2.1 million people buying the Wall St Journal presumably make an effort to read what they’ve paid for.

17. Perez Hilton made me embarrassed of being a human being.

18. Voice for equality? The man is a loathsome little scavenger who makes a career out of humiliating people who are more talented, more attractive, kinder and overall better people then then he is.

Sorry Perez, for the amount of disgrace you have brought on our community, the amount of our positive members you have vindictively humiliated, it’s going to take more then a simple “Oops, my bad” for you to redeem yourself.

You may post the nude pictures of people like Dustin Lance Black as much as you like, but the fact is Black is an oscar winner who is devoted to gay rights. Your spiteful little campaign to splash around his nude pictures (weare all humans, we all have hormons, we all have genitals, we all have sex, get over it) says a LOT more about you then it does him. Go away, Perezsite.

19. I think he’s a berk.

20. I’m not gay and he’s even embarrassing me.
    He’s an embarrasment to anybody who has half a heart and half a brain.

21. Jessiepeace 10 Sep 2011, 9:29pm

I don’t really mind him, maybe that is because I am not a gay man.

He might be bitchy and he might be kind of a bully, but celebrities are bullied everyday. Magazines do it all the time at least he his putting him self forward into the same limelight as them when saying it and not hiding behind his editor.

I don’t mind him, because most celebrities self indulgent and not talented. He just need some decorum when deciding what is right and wrong to say.

22. As a gay man, yes, I am still embarresed by this… thing. Ick. It doesn’t even deserve the attention this is going to garner. And to claim credit for launching the careers of Katy Perry and Adelle… bitch, please. That takes some balls, honey, and you don’t got ‘em that big. If we would all just ignore this fame whore, maybe it would go away.

23. Well, I really got turned off by PH a few years ago, and he never ceased to amaze me with his antics. I thought it funny when he had his “boom boom pow” and I find him sad, immature, and at times even pathetic. However, people do change. It took him a few years to get where he is as a catty, bitchy queen type person. It will take him a few years to show me he has blossomed into a person who in truly interested in helping instead of hurting the cause. It is men like him who cause the world to look at gay people and see him in every single one of us. I admit, I do have my tantrums…but, nothing like this guy. Show me what you got PH and I might become a fan and change your twitter from 3.5 million to 3.5 million and ONE….

24. Perez….we’re still embarrassed by you.

25. magsmagenta 28 Sep 2011, 10:51am

If he says he’s changed he’s a liar, at the beginning of this year he said he was changed and he wasn’t going to be a bully anymore and he had become good friends with Adam Lambert, who is one of the sweetest kindest people you could want, and I believed him because Adam obviously believed him.
    He was even at Adams birthday party, and was given the responsibility of posting Adams ‘It gets Better’ video on his You-Tube channel, they were hanging out together a lot. Then at the first opportunity of an embarrasing story about Adam, he turns back to his old ways and spills all about the goings on at Lady Gagas PRIVATE birthday party, and alleges that Adam was thrown out of the event for unruly behaviour and was gatecrashing in the first place, which was totally untrue. The video is here and you can hear the glee in his voice as he sells his friend out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467h_1V7yaY
    They haven’t been seen together since.
    No one needs friends like that Perez is a complete arse

26. magsmagenta 28 Sep 2011, 11:28am

He was even at Adams birthday party, and was given the responsibility of posting Adams ‘It gets Better’ video on his You-Tube channel, they were hanging out together a lot. Then at the first opportunity of an embarrasing story about Adam, he turns back to his old ways and spills all about the goings on at Lady Gagas PRIVATE birthday party, and alleges that Adam was thrown out of the event for unruly behaviour and was gatecrashing in the first place, which was totally untrue. The video is here and you can hear the glee in his voice as he sells his friend out. youtube.com/watch?v=467h_1V7yaY
    They haven’t been seen together since.
    No one needs friends like, that Perez is a complete arse.

1. magsmagenta 28 Sep 2011, 11:30am

Sorry double comment, I couldn’t seethe first one.