Will Boris Johnson lead London Pride again?

1. What a surprise. Ken is the most consistently pro gay politician in this country, from the 80s when he was lambasted in the Murdoch press as a pervert for supporting us.

While Boris Johnson has compared us to perverts and our relationships to bestiality.

I know who I will be voting for

1. Andrew Woodman 23 Jun 2011, 4:54pm

Thanks. Someone who like me who can see Boris for what he is a tory cu*t!

2. Jock S. Trap 23 Jun 2011, 5:05pm

It’s just ashame Ken openly supports those who discriminate and support the punishment and death of people in our community.

1. Get real. He supports dialogue with the more moderate Muslims leaders. Does that mean the govt is homophobic because theyre talking to the Taleban. Ken is the most consistently supportive pro gay politician in the country – whilst Boris thinks were degenerates – right up until he needed our votes

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Jun 2011, 10:06am

Thats why Ken broke ranks to support a homophobic Mayor of Tower Hamlets.
          Thats why Ken openly invited extremist Muslim preachers who openly call for Gay’s to be killed.
          That is why there is always a question about who helps fund his campaigns esp from the European arm of Islamists who want sharia law through Europe.

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Jun 2011, 11:53am

Lets not also forget the Iranian TV job now too.

3. I wonder who you’ll be voting for….. I can’t work it out. Huuuummmm.

4. Ken is a politician hes done with us and needs to have the muslim vote. But youre right about murdoch =, a lgbt person with sky is an idiot

2. How can a man who compared gay marriage to bestiality lead london pride?

3. James Incer 23 Jun 2011, 5:03pm

Oh get a grip.

Yes, he will be leading the parade.

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Jun 2011, 5:06pm

I hope so.

1. Me too. Boris is a legend!

1. Yeah, a real legend for saying “If gay marriage was OK, I see no reason against a union of three men and a dog”.

1. Legend!

2. Jock S. Trap 24 Jun 2011, 10:07am

How we forget thing when we are blinded by Labour.
            Last year at Pride Boris openly support marriage Equality.

4. HelenWilson 23 Jun 2011, 6:16pm

Do we really need the London mayor to lead the parade?…..I’d rather it was someone who wanted to do it.

How about the speaker of the house of commons John Burcow and his wife. They are both good friends to the LGBT community.

1. You do not speak for the LGBT community.

I would prefer the Mayor of London, it is London pride after all and how do you know Boris doesn’t want to lead it?

1. No, and you don’t speak for the LGBT community either. I’d prefer someone who didn’t think gay marriage was like getting married to a dog.

1. Helen assumes John Bercow and his wife are ‘friends’ of the LGBT community – she is speaking for her self, not for the LGBT communtiy.

Boris Johnson supports same sex marriage.

2. HelenWilson 23 Jun 2011, 8:16pm

I never said I speak for anyone but myself, I using the same freedom to speak just as you are. Do you speak for the LGBT community or LGBTory Luke?…….The noises Boris made last year and his reluctance to commit for this year shows its not a highlight of his events calender. But the real thing is he is one of the people responsible for getting rid of LGBT police liaison officers across London as he sits on the Met board. What has Boris done to tackle the increasing number of homophobic and transphobic incidents across London? nothing at all! Should we really honour the mayor when he does not honour us?

1. You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion but you said the Bercow’s were friends of the LGBT community as though you were speaking for all of us. If I said Boris was friend of the LGBT community I am sure you and others would complain and say he wasn’t.

I speak for my self (Not a Tory member at all), just like you speak for your self (but the Bercow part, like I said, suggested they were friends to ‘all’ of us).

What noises did Boris make last year? He hasn’t even released dis diary for next week so I don’t know how you can work out this apparent ‘reluctance’. Even if Boris doe snot turn up…. why is it such a big deal? So many LGBT persons on here complain about pride and the direction it is going, therefore don’t go.

LGBT crimes have gone down in most London Boroughs, except for Tower Hamlets for example. You’ll have to have a word to Ken about that.

1. HelenWilson 24 Jun 2011, 9:40am

Well they have hosted a number of events for the LGBT community in the house of commons this year…that seems a rather friendly act to me…..I made a completely non political point of it would be better to have someone lead the parade who want to be part of it…..Personally I would have the gay couple who was kicked out the Soho pub for kissing lead the thing and regain some of the protest element of pride.

2. Pride? hah its defently a parade though

5. Rich (original) 23 Jun 2011, 9:01pm

To Boris Johnson: boy, why do you get involved with homosexual degenerates?!

1. I see your English is failing again

6. Alf N. Spit 24 Jun 2011, 2:09am

Can we not have Prince William and Kate leading the parade instead? After all it now transpires that there is a family member, Victoria Saxe-Coburg, a.k.a. Queen Victoria, who is trangender.

7. de Villiers 24 Jun 2011, 3:53pm

It’s good for the Mayor of London to lead the parade, regardless of his party. I hope to see the Mayor of London lead it.

8. Why is Pride seemingly so keen to flirt with a tory buffoon like Johnson,and for a 2nd year running?! The man doesn’t exactly speak in glowing terms about the LGBT community! But then the last time I attended Pride it was way back when,on Hackney-bleedin’-Marshes,cor blimey,guv’nor,so maybe I oughtn’t comment!

1. Jock S. Trap 24 Jun 2011, 4:07pm

Actually he said at last years Pride that he fully supported marriage Equality.

9. Alf N. Spit 24 Jun 2011, 5:36pm

I don’t mind if he attends Pride but he should shave his head in solidarity.