Video: Another anti-gay politician gets glittered

1. Seems pretty harmless,all things considered.And he’ll be picking off bits of glitter well into next year,lol! Well,we all know how that stuff’s a bugger to get rid off!

1. You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter!

1. Paddyswurds 18 Jun 2011, 11:38am

Yea, if you can manage to get any of the glitter on the politico. Second attempt and this one was even more pathetic than the first. These people need to go to a certain eye glass purveyor before any further attempts.

1. I think as a stunt to highlight LGBT rights issues it has done its job and no doubt will do so again – well done Code Pink … keep it coming

2. “Well,we all know how that stuff’s a bugger to get rid off!”
      Exactly
      One could say that homophobic attitudes are just as difficult to get rid off, so to speak just like glitter. Which is why I think the glitter stunt is very apt.

1. I feel the need to establish Code Pink (UK) …..

2. Pawlenty never answered the lady’s questions.

1. No response is also a response.

1. Because there is no honourable response he can give

3. fellow presidential hopeful NEWT GINGRICH received a ‘glittering’.

4chan has warped me, I can’t help but laugh at this now. XD

4. I don’t know…I kind of long for the days of the Anita Bryant method. It was so much more creamy and delicious. :)

1. Thanks for that link. Maybe future assaults could combine the best of both – a sticky, gooey, creamy pie with glitter and hundreds and thousands – something that is difficult to shift, will get everywhere, but still tasty.

1. Or possibly gay confetti, with tiny little husbands and husbands, and wives and wives, but make them extremely sticky. I fully support campaigners like those who showed up this man at the book signing. It’s just a shame that the glittering looked more like shredded paper. Anyway, I have spent way too mcuh time considering things to adorn bigots.

5. friday jones 17 Jun 2011, 10:13pm

It’s all fun and games until someone puts an eye out! :D

1. Jock S. Trap 19 Jun 2011, 8:04am

With glitter?

6. Thank you Nancy Mancias and Chelsea Byers.

7. Gay Daily Mail Reader 18 Jun 2011, 7:12am

I wonder how many more anti-gay polititians will end up looking like Gary Glitter!

8. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 9:02am

It’s peaceful and to the point.
    I love it and recommend more.
    It’s one thing to have views but to campaign against Human and Gay Rights should be targetted and highlighted.

9. When we going to do this to our MP’s?
    – MichaelGove Launched a sex and relationship council last month which contained this charming group – http://www.care.org.uk/civilpartnerships,
    – Or Nadine Dorries MP who has ridiculously close ties to this wench –

Lets Glitter these SOB’s.

Before i get lynched by the so called “gay tories”, let me say that i am living in the north of Ireland and its taken a long time to challenge the DUP’s homophobia, so itd be extremely distressing for me to see england regress on gay rights.

1. I’m up for glittering our politicians:
      Alongside Michael Gove and Nadine Dorries can we also add David Amess, Peter Bottomley, Alistair Burt,Edward Garnier, Cheryl Gillan, Robert Goodwill, Damian Green, Dominic Grieve, Phillip Hammond, Mark Harper, John Hayes, Charles Hendry, Mark Hoban, Kate Hoey, Phillip Hollobone, Adam Holloway, Gerald Howarth, Stewart Jackson, Bernard Jenkin, David Jones, Daniel Kawczynski, Edward Leigh, Julian Lewis, David Lidington, Peter Lilley, Tim Loughton, Theresa May, Anne McIntosh, Patrick Mercer, Maria Miller, Anne Milton, Bob Neill, Stephen O’Brien, Owen Paterson, Mike Penning, Eric Pickles, Mark Pritchard, John Randall, John Redwood, Malcolm Rifkind, Andrew Robathan, Hugh Robertson, Laurence Robertson, Lee Scott, Andrew Selous, Richard Shepherd, Robert Syms, Shailesh Vara, Charles Walker, Ben Wallace, Angela Watkinson, Sammy Wilson, Robert Wilson, Jeremy Wright

All have appalling records on voting for LGBT issues and some very high profile names.

1. Out of interest, are’nt more than 95% of those tories?

Yes they really have changed.

1. I think there are at most only 3 who are not Tory. The basis for inclusion was that they scored less than 15% of a possible score in the last parliament on their support for LGBT issues.

1. Oh dear… actually not a surprise. Until everyone on that list has apologised and made amends for the wrong done, i could never vote conservative.

2. @Scott

I am with you on that one – and I thought I gave them a pretty low score to aim for 15% of a possible score.

2. Which ones aren’t Tories Stu?

I think we musn’t forget that vile little man Ian Paisley Junior.

1. @James

The non Tories are:
          Kate Hoey and Sammy Wilson
          There were a couple of others that were non Tory that didnt make it to the list because of the 15% bar but the rest (I think) are Tory – apologies if I have missed anyone

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 3:51pm

Oh Stu best put on that crash helmet fella!!

2. Kate Hoey is a labour mp who resigned in 2001 – guess who she works for now…. BORIS JOHNSON!

3. @Scott

Kate Hoey is indeed an advisor to Boris, but according to her website, the houses of parliament website, findyourmp and the labour party website she is still the sitting labour mp for vauxhall

4. @Jock S Trap

Not been on a bike in a while – but feel the need to contact a glitter and confetti merchant!

5. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 4:24pm

Stu
            LOL
            I’m just waiting for the reaction to you saying Vauxhall MP Kate Hoey having an appalling record on voting for LGBT issues.

I put that once here when I said about her record for one year suddenly that was taken as her voting record period and O-M-G
            It was like an avalanche of misguided comments.
            If only they had read it properly though.

It’s funny coz it’s true.

6. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 4:25pm

The crash helmet was a friendly fire warning…lol

7. @Jock S Trap

Warning appreciated.

The facts speak for themselves she has an appalling record in actual votes for LGBT rights. She claims to be gay friendly – and may actually be so, but her voting record does not support this fact.

I think you probably have worked out by now that I’m not afraid to draw my line in the sand on argument when I am sure of my facts – and also prepared (usually) to admit when I am wrong.

Could be interesting ….

8. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 4:42pm

Oh definitely fella, same here, if it needs to be said like…

9. @Jock S Trap

No it didnt need to be said – I usually agree with you on here, and even when I don’t I usually respect the reasoning behind your views.

10. Ok she voted against the last two bills, but I wouldn’t say she was that bad!

Sammy Wilson, not suprised. The DUP is shockingly homophobic.

11. @James
            OK … based on her voting in the following:
            Equality Act (sexual Orientation) Regulations 2009 on 19 March 2007, Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill Amendment 21 (issue of removing need for father in fertility treated lesbian couples) on 20 May 2008, Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill Amendment 12 (second vote on need for father as above) on 20 May 2008, Criminal Justice and Immigration Bill – Incitement to Hatred (incitement to hatred offence on grounds of sexual orientation) on 9 January 2008, Coroners and Justice Bill – Incitement to Hatred (second vote on incitment to hatred offence) on 24 March 2009, Equality Bill – Third reading on 2 December 2009, Equality Bill – Division 12 – Religious employers on 2 December 2009 – comparing the possibility of her votes, abstentions and votes against – including failure to attend a vote as an abstention – then Ms Hoey scored 14% of possible score – clearly not a good record in terms of LGBT rights voting

12. Jock S. Trap 19 Jun 2011, 7:05am

Stu
            Bit of a sh!tty response considering I was agree with your comment
            You
            “I think you probably have worked out by now that I’m not afraid to draw my line in the sand on argument when I am sure of my facts”
            Me
            “Oh definitely fella, same here, if it needs to be said like…”

What the hell was you responding to?
            Don’t think it warranted a crappy attitude mr.

13. @Jock S Trap

I think you have misread something in what I have said – and if I havent made something clear I do apologise.

The comment you are referring to as “sh1tty” was intended as a tongue in cheek comment. You were advising me to wear a crash helmet (although the reason for that in your initial comment was unclear when clarified it became obvious and reasonable) and I was responding saying I wasn’t afraid to draw lines in the sand and say what I thought i.e. not afraid to wear a crash helmet and enter controversy – wasn’t saying anything about you. I also thought you had responded to this particular comment already and it seems strange you are coming back to it.

As I said it appears you misinterpret my intention and if I wasnt clear I do apologise.

14. @Jock S Trap
            Although if it was the “No it didnt need to be said” comment – I was merely agreeing with you that it didnt need to be said – perceiving that you were meaning you are also willing to say what you think. There was no offence intended.

15. Jock S. Trap 19 Jun 2011, 12:07pm

Ok I apologise.

The reason I warned you was because I said exactly the same think about Kate Hoey a few months ago but meaning for one year and I was subject to a range of abuse and name hijacking for saying such a thing.
            How dare I say such a thing and how wonderful she was and what and insult blah blah blah, you get the jist.
            From more than one person too!!

16. Thanks, Jock

2. @James
          If we look at your alternative information source on Kate Hoeys voting record on LGBT Issues – there were 18 possible votes, she voted against LGBT rights twice and failed to attend on 10 occasions – hardly a startling record either

1. Ah ok fair enough!
            In that case, a shame really, she seemed like she was on our side.

2. @James
            I would have guessed she was very gay friendly too – then I saw her voting record and was shocked to be honest.

3. However kudos for labour for having only 1 really bad one. U were right she is still mp. I dont see how she can be an advisor for Boris Johnson and still be a labour MP, surely that must be breaking some rules.

The nastiest homophobes on that list are by far edward leigh, Phillip Hollobone, mark pritchard (all conservatives) and anyone from DUP (dont need to know their names, its just obvious).

Shame about the tory Malcolm rifkind, he usually comes across as a tory i dont hate, of well that leaves Jon Bercow and Ken clarke as the only 2 decent tories.

1. @Scott
            There would have been another one from Labour but he is no longer an MP so didnt count – but I do think it is good there is only one on the list with less than 15% of possible score for LGBT votes.
            I’m depressed that Theresa May who is secretary of state for equality as well as home secretary has such an appalling record.
            Malcolm Rifkind I have never quite got along with – just something slimy about him and until Ken Clarkes rape fiasco I did quite like him – but its just Bercow I like now.

2. Oh and I dont get the labour MP and advising Boris … it just doesnt sit right

3. Jock S. Trap 19 Jun 2011, 7:13am

If it’s in the best interests of London why shouldn’t they?

The coalition have done it using Labour MP’s or Lords to write investigate and write reports with recommendation, ie John Hutton and Frank Fields.
            If it’s in the best interests of the country I don’t see why they can’t work together.

4. @Jock S Trap

It just doesnt fit right, Kate Hoey who has previously described herself as a Marxist working with Boris …

I know thats simplistic but it just doesnt feel right

If it works to the benefit of London – great …. just can’t see it being effective and I wonder how much advising she is doing as she is supposedly a full time MP

10. Rich (original) 18 Jun 2011, 11:55am

Ohhh…..

1. What’s the matter? Someone just rolled you in glitter?

11. I suppose getting glittered is not quite as bad as the eternal death that the faqqots are going to get.

1. I thought I heard something – no must have been someone breaking wind …

2. What are faqqots? Are they a food item? I may try some.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Jun 2011, 4:28pm

Faqqot = A phrase to define a person who is very unopenminded.

Oh the irony.

Kinda of make ‘Jonadab’ look like a real loon.

12. OMG. I. LOVE. HER!

13. Dan Filson 18 Jun 2011, 5:29pm

I thought the Secret Service protected declared candidates for the presidency even before the conventions. On this evidence a repeat of the assassination of Bobby Kennedy would be only too easy. I sincerely hope nobody attacks a homophobic candidate though as the backlash would be horrendous.

1. As long as it is just glitter – whats the problem (in one way) but I do get your argument …

1. Dan Filson 18 Jun 2011, 5:52pm

If she could just walk up to him, then a crazie with a bottle of acid could, or a concealed hand gun. Frankly it is President Obama who is the most vulnerable president for years to assassination, but some of these Republican weirdos are so nuts themselves they may attract other hate-loaded nuts to them

1. Yeah I do get your point … but as a stunt this is fabulous

2. Jock S. Trap 19 Jun 2011, 7:11am

Thats the straights way of dealing with things.

Have to admit though, it made me laugh when the last time a Senator was ‘glittered’ he sat their and said Ironically “Thank heavens for the Freedoms in this country”, (something along them lines).

14. What a brilliant way to send a message of non-acceptance to these bigots… Totally harmless and yet newsworthy. Go girls!x