30 Rock star Tracy Morgan accused of onstage anti-gay tirade

1. ‘Gay rights group Truth Wins Out has asked for an explanation but Morgan has not commented’……No but his PR people are hastily cobbling together some bullsh1t excuse on his behalf.

1. I can’t wait to see how he’s gonna get out of what he’s said. Maybe elton will do a duet with him.

2. Check this out…the people at his show in Nashville were actually applauding and cheering his nasty comments. Sometimes I really hate the state I live in.

Here’s the rest of his rant…apparently the people in Nashville were cheering for him. Disgusting.

1. Well back in the day I guess Tracy Morgan would have been dodging a lynching mob in Nashville. ‘Funny’ how the black community has been so readily accepted and yet some black people feel the need to stick the knife into the gay community and quote God in the process, like that’s enough justification for them.

1. TheSpanner 10 Jun 2011, 2:22pm

Nail on the head there.

He’s a piss poor ‘comedian’ anyway. Worst thing about 30 Rock.

2. Was’nt God and the bible used to justify the slavery of black people also?

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Jun 2011, 3:29pm

Yep, and womens rights and …
          There seems to be a different excuse to whoever should be treated as a human being, unless your white, male, with a massive ego then in which case the book is for you.

2. The bible is used to justify everything. One of the most bigoted and hateful collection of books ever collated.

3. Totally, CMYB. Those that were condemned by this stupid fairy story book now find themselves in a pecking order of power, with the aggression of certain black people overpowering women, children, gays and other groups via song and spoken word. What a dreadful consequence and all for nought anyway.Importantly, what about the black gays who either end up living life too terrified to come out because of idiots like Tracy Morgan, or having to move away/cut ties with their own families/communities because of this hatred and prejudice? If black people KNOW hatred and fear themseves – why do they dish it out to other groups? And if you are religious ‘he who is without sin…?’. Sadly I think the bible is so messed up and confusing it leaves many a reader confused. Stupid damn book. Stupid people for taking it to heart to abuse real live people who deserve better.

3. he’s a dumb-ass and certainly not funny or a comedian but just another idiotic homophobic loony
    homosexuality isn’t choice or mistae but his ignorance was chosen

4. Jock S. Trap 10 Jun 2011, 12:13pm

What a disgusting creep.
    With teens killing themselves over these Very sick people and their bigotted views I finf it hard to stomach some would even suggest this was a joke.
    It amazes me these people try to brand religion as lovong, caring and yet have Evil pricks like this!

5. Lucio Buffone 10 Jun 2011, 12:17pm

I give it 18 months, till the Tracy Morgan arrested with Trans – Hooker story breaks on TMZ ….

1. Oh yes like the unfunny eddie murphy incident . What was his excuse later for the pick up of a trans hooker , he was in a red light area frequented by trans gurls looking for trade but he was being a good Godly christian giving her a ride ……

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Jun 2011, 3:30pm

Expensive ‘ride’!

6. I suppose that we should take those hundreds of years that African Americans were mistreated and wrap it all up as a “joke” then? Sorry people were lynched and firebombed…but it was just for the lulz you know. What a stupid, pathetic tosser. What computes in the minds of the ignorant that KILLING someone is more acceptable than someone being gay. Stupid, stupid, ill educated christofascist moron. All people like him do is make me want to find a bible, just so I can spit on the odious bloody thing.

1. Someone should remind him that 50 years ago the Mormons were using their interpretation of the gospel to treat him as a second-class citizen and the KKK still do to this day.
      Any black homophobe in the US who uses the bible as justification to discriminate against gays and lesbians is de-facto onto a loosing argument.
      I agree, saying “oh it’s just a bit of fun at your expense, where’s your sense of humour” is a time honoured bullies’ mantra.
      By that logic Alan Carr or Julian Clary aught to be fine to do a racist standup routine with a burning crucifix.

7. Funny, it’s always the guys christened with girl’s names that feel the need to overcompensate by heaping on the testosterone. Wasn’t John Wayne originally named “Marion”?
    Reminds me of that famous Johnny Cash song “Boy named Sue”…
    Still, it does seem a bit rich being lectured about the wrongness of being gay by a guy who goes by the name Tracy. That’s all I’m saying.

1. But Tracy as a given name derives from both placenames and related surnames (eg Spencer Tracy – ditto Marion), which traditionally used to be given to boys, not girls – Trac[e]y being a girl’s name is a relatively recent fashion. Still, who knows, maybe he used to be teased for it and is overcompensation. Or maybe he’s just an idiot.

8. @flapjack

Glad you said that, I was thinking the same!!

9. America seems to have an endless flow of crazy, right wing extremists, even black ones, sadly. This is the sort of language you find among the right wingers in the republican party and nobody takes them to task about it which in a way, is endorsing it.

1. Lucio Buffone 10 Jun 2011, 3:41pm

Robert, cut the racism, Stonewall happened in America, Harvey Milk got elected in America, and same states in America actually allow Gay Marriage, which means we’re still playing catch up in the UK!

10. Mumbo Jumbo 10 Jun 2011, 1:37pm

He has three sons. How it must be for them to realise that their father has never loved them unconditionally as a father should and was, indeed is, willing to murder them unless they turn out only as he wants them to be. Sick.

11. What a repellent individual. What is truly disturbing is that he finds a willing audience.

12. What an @rsewipe. Clearly being part of a (no doubt hugely lucrative) series that’s praised for its gay inclusiveness has had no positive effect on him.

13. These Gay inclusion awards are for writer and creator Tina Fey not this Dumb Niggling so called comedian.

14. What a thoroughly disgusting cretin.

15. This is endemic in American culture though.

Thankfully as Europeans we’re becoming much more enlighted and I am truly lucky and thankful to live where I do.

These states want to get their act together, start giving rights to people and start to educate people in schools.

This man is vile.

1. Not all europeans are becoming enlightened as you would like to believe.

1. Very true, enlightenment is patchy at best, even in the UK there are significant pockets of wackjobs and effective no go (at least if you can be identified as LGBT) areas.

16. I think black people are a mistake. And I’m not alone.

“One of the world’s most eminent scientists was embroiled in an extraordinary row last night after he claimed that black people were less intelligent than white people and the idea that “equal powers of reason” were shared across racial groups was a delusion.

“James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in the unravelling of DNA who now runs one of America’s leading scientific research institutions, drew widespread condemnation for comments he made ahead of his arrival in Britain today for a speaking tour at venues including the Science Museum in London.”

The Independent
    Wednesday, 17 October 2007

1. Patrick Lyster-Todd 10 Jun 2011, 3:26pm

I think your obvious racism is repugnant.

2. A mistake on whose part?

1. Of evolution; by the standards of the rest of humanity.

You must be black.

1. A suitably inaccurate assumption for someone clearly more than a bit dim to make.
          Mind you, possibly you’re homosexual, and there are (other) dim people who also claim that homosexuality is also a “mistake of evolution”, aren’t there? My, what amusing conversations you must have in the Land of Dim.

1. If you’re the light, I’ll stay dim thank you.

2. I’m pretty sure you will, poor dear.

3. Troll, just ignore him.

4. Mr Powell, didn’t you die in 1998? Are you posting this bile from beyond the grave?

17. Gay n Proud 10 Jun 2011, 3:22pm

Quoting directly from your article ‘He said if his son that [sic] was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not – he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice – or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death.”

This to me says that the problem would be if his son came home acting overtly effeminate NOT that he was gay. I suggest you listen to what the guy is saying without jumping the gun. Stop lookin for homophobia where it does not exist. No wonder he has refused to comment, you’d probably twist those words too (as surely as you will try to twist mine)

1. Jock S. Trap 10 Jun 2011, 3:32pm

Me think you need to look into this case a bit more.

2. He says “that ‘Born this Way’ is bullsh!t, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because ‘God don’t make no mistakes’ ”*.
      And you think we’re seeing homophobia where ti doesn’t exist? Try reading the article again.
      * If there is a god s/he made one big mistake with this fool.

3. PumpkinPie 10 Jun 2011, 5:38pm

Even if you were right, rabid hatred of effeminacy (or any sort of “inappropriate” gender behaviour) is just as bad as homophobia or any other types of hate. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, whether they’re trans, genderqueer, or just a little feminine. You’re showing your own ignorance of a serious problem here.

4. After that comment its more offensive you call yourself gay n proud, that’s an oxymoron.

5. Jock S. Trap 11 Jun 2011, 8:59am

Gay n Proud (I wonder..)
      So now that even the man/idiot himself has realised through this PA people that he went too far do you still think he did nothing wrong?
      Why do I get the feeling your neither Gay nor Proud?

1. Gay n Proud 14 Jun 2011, 10:20am

Does questioning my sexuality or my pride in it get us anywhere? Surely suggesting my opinion is not valid if I’m not gay is just biggotory. I am gay and I am proud I jusy don’t believe that to be gay I have to follow the great feather boa wielding morons. Of course he has said sorry now its called PR and always panders to the popularist view beacuse to do otherwise leaves on alienated and a performer must be popular by definition in this day and age. Forgive us for having a reasoned and sensible attitude; knee jerk is all that counts these days. When u can assess a situation objectively that is when you can form a truely un-biased opinion.

18. Idiot. Brainless. You have the intelligence of an amoeba.

1. That was to gay n proud (and stupid)

1. Gay n Proud 20 Jun 2011, 11:14pm

Insulting people really shows your intelligence (eddy two) If you ever decide to look outside your gay bubble let me know and I’ll hold your hand when you come across real homophobia. Calling someone stupid because you cannot present a reasoned and articulate argument (your parents must be proud).

19. So Tracy believes he could wake up tomorrow, choose to be gay and immediately get turned on by men and want to have sex with them? Interesting…
    Another ignorant person taking out his own insecurities on others. I’d never heard of him until I read this and I hope I never hear of him again. We can do without hate like that.

20. And now he has “apologised” and insists that he is not a hateful person. Or he heard the sound of his career being flushed down the khazi and is desperately trying to save himself. One or the other. You guess which.

1. where does it say he apologised?

1. Although the text quoted is from his “management” and not necessarily from him. Frankly, I don’t buy it for a second.

1. Jock S. Trap 11 Jun 2011, 9:01am

No his management will see the damage he’s done.
            I expect Tracy Morgon is still on the “But I don’t see what I did wrong” bit.

21. You can read his apology here:

22. tracy morgan, we now will be subjected to your phoney pussy whining ,lying apologies, as you insist, “me comedian, didn’t mean it.You meant it, you unfunny, step and fetch it, insult. Now to the truth I feel you are aware of, likely, many in attendance, had an image of you, hanging from a tree. Picture that unfunny jerk. Think it’s funny?? Big tree, you spinning, I am sure same people in attendance would have, cheered, laughed at you then also. NO more 30 Rock, for me. Your whining pussy act has already started.

23. Tracy Morgan can have all manner of PR people say the most astute and politically correct things to cover his mistakes. I am reminded of a bill board I used to drive past every day for a PR company advertising for new clients. “We can help change your image!” Inset was an image of similar minded and controversial basketball player. It concluded it’s plug with “But you have to want to change!” Tracy Morgan might appear to want to but I think “is unlikely to want to change!”

24. THE TRACI MAN NEEDS TO BE REPRIMANDED LIKE THE NFL PLAYERS THAT DEFAMATED AND CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR GAY PEOPLE , THESE PEOPLE THINK EVERYTHING IS A JOKE AND THE HEARTACHE AND MENTAL ANGQUISH ;AND ABUSE OF THE LGBT FAMILIES IS NOT A CARE. BUT THE ACTIVISTS AND HUMAN RIGHTS PEOPLE AND ACLU MUST TELL AND SHOW THEM DIFFERENT FOR THIER CONSTANT ABUSE, SERIOUS REPRIMANDS IS THE ONLY THING THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. YOU CANNOT PAT THEM ON THE HEAD AND TELL THEM TO MUMBLE A FEW WORDS, THEY DONT TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY, BUT YOU HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL NOT TOLIERATE THE HARRASSMENT OF OTHERS AND HURTING PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES BECAUESE TH;EY ARE BIGGOTS AND HEARTLESS CREEPS , THESE STIGMAS DO DAMAGE TO PEOPLE THRU OUT TH;EIR LIVES, ITS EVIL AND WRONG, THESE HETERSEXUAL BIGOTS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

1. Jock S. Trap 11 Jun 2011, 9:02am

Why don’t I want to read comments in block capitals?

1. I guess like me J.S.T you don’t like to be shouted at through a megaphone knowing that the person shouting isn’t interested in your or anyone else’s comments nor in responding to them.

2. Agreed , well said.

25. He is a truly foul excuse for a man. who is blinkered and shackled by religious nonsense to boot. I say this as a straight who is yet again ashamed of fellow straights who stoop to such inane and insane rubbish.

26. If some white comedian in a successful TV show made a “joke” about how if his daughter brought home a black man he’d stab the n***** for having the nerve to touch a white woman then I think it’s safe to bet Tracy wouldn’t find that half as amusing or “artistic”. You can be 100% sure that there would be universal condemnation and any pathetic attempt to pass this off as part of “the act” would be dismissed for the flimsy lie that it is. There would be calls for the “comedian” to be fired and it is likely he would be. Sometimes edgy humour pushes the envelope. Sometimes people try to be edgy but just “out” themselves as the bigots they really are.

1. johnny33308 11 Jun 2011, 7:08pm

BRAVO! Truth!

27. johnny33308 11 Jun 2011, 6:49pm

It is well past time to stop this sort of rubbish passing itself off as humor. It is NOT humor, and it is not amusing, except to bigots. I do not care what is amusing to such evil people-this must stop NOW.