Gay rugby team King’s Cross Steelers win 2011 Union cup

1. pink news, couldn’t you put a pic of the team instead of a rugby ball.

1. Paula Thomas 7 Jun 2011, 7:45pm

It is not even a Rugby ball!! It is the ball they use in the soft version known as American Football!!!

2. martyn notman 7 Jun 2011, 6:04pm

the “festive cock”..lovely name for a rugby team!, well done to all of them. I agree- a nice picture would have cheered me up no end as well!

3. I found myself marching among them at London Pride several years ago. Talk about hunk overload! Drool!

4. Great to see this covered, Thanks… but please replace the picture with something that actually relates to the correct sport!! Wrong ball, Wrong sport!!

5. Jock S. Trap 8 Jun 2011, 9:44am

Excellent – Well Done King Cross Steerlers!!!

6. STEEEEEEEELERS!!!!

7. Dan Filson 8 Jun 2011, 2:10pm

And I doubt that tee is legal in rugby union football either

8. Martin Lawrence 8 Jun 2011, 3:33pm

I ‘d two of those Steelers in my Rectory for three months. Not an entirely unpleasant spell.

9. dezanove.pt - LGBT news 9 Jun 2011, 12:40am

The only gay Portuguese rugby team was also in the Union Cup:

10. dezanove.pt - LGBT news 9 Jun 2011, 12:59am

Correction: The *first* Portuguese gay rugby team was also in the Union Cup:

11. Justin Gyphion 9 Jun 2011, 8:27am

This story is pretty inaccurate – whilst the part about the Steelers 15s side is correct, it completely ignores the real winners and runners up in the 10s competition.

In actual fact, the 10s final was contested by ‘Los Valents’ of Montpellier and the ‘Bristol Bisons’. I should know, as I was a playing member of the Bisons side, which lost to Montpellier in the final.

The KXRFC 10s team actually came 3rd in the 10s competition after beating Les Coqs Festifs in their playoff game.

The KXRFC 10s team were beaten by both Bristol and Montpellier much earlier in the 10s competition.

Would it be too much to ask to have this story updated to accurately describe the actual result of the 10s competition?

1. Dayll Sheppard 9 Jun 2011, 8:54am