Update: homophobic Facebook page removed

1. Repoted to FB.

1. Yes, my furher…

1. Godwin’s law. The recourse of those without a logical argument.

2. (Incidentally, it does help if you at least get the spelling right, its Führer – might help your comments looks less stupid when you use this kind of retort in lieu of a decent statement not based in a hissy fit of ignorance)

2. Link to the page so we can report it?

1. balloonable 2 Jun 2011, 11:31am

Just search on Facebook for “The New Anti-Gay Movement”. I’ve just reported it.

1. I did but cant find it

1. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_214634765235918
          ^
          There it is

Oops meant to reply but accidently put it on the bottom of the thread

2. Jock S. Trap 2 Jun 2011, 2:23pm

Apparently this page was removed 38 minutes ago!!

1. And this means what to millions of gay people?

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:54am

It means that Facebook take LGBT people seriously and are not willing to allow their pages to be used for homophobic purposes.

1. Oh really?
            Just today I saw more homophobic stuff on facebook pages of other people… why aren’t they removing them also?
            This is just theater to show how important you are.

2. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:04pm

Well pepa did you report it?

3. Pepa you can’t stop Homophobia on facebook full stop as it would require all pages to be assessed before they were uploaded which would take A) alot of time and money and B) the ability of the assessor to put his own bias into which pages were accepted and which weren’t we can only take off offensive pages when they become known about

4. Jock S. Trap 6 Jun 2011, 4:36pm

I take pepa’s lack of response as a no, then.

2. I see it as a demonstration that FB recognise that LGBT people are their customers and deserve protection

3. Is their an anti Red-Neck page I can join?

1. I bet there is.
      But here’s the thing… why is the anti red neck page acceptable and not an anti-gay one?
      Thought that being anti anything is bad.

1. @Pepa

The thing is being a red neck is a choice – its a political / cultural view point

Unlike homosexuality which is not a choice

1. Doesn’t matter.
          Remember we gays are “pro-choice”
          The fact is why have an anti-anything page… just leave people alone… why do you want to be like the those homophobes? They think that being gay is a choice… you are starting to sound just like them…

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:05pm

I think Gazreno’s comment was more “sense the tone”.

2. @Pepa

The thing is the homophobes “think” gay is a choice … its not …

End of your argument …

Next …

4. It is by definition a hate movement. Just because they say it isn’t doesn’t make it so. The page should be removed.

1. You have every right to hate who want, just like gay liberals (and my self) hate Bush and Cheney, just like some of us here hate christians, hate homophobes, etc etc. The right to hate is a natural right. Its just that you only want those who agree with you with the special permission to hate, while those who yo don’t agree with slapped with censorship.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:55am

What a load of Crap!

1. Oops did I hit a nerve with you jockstrap?

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:06pm

Hardly!

2. Difference is though Pepa, bush and cheney ruled the most powerful country in the world – you hate them because they hate you. Christians rule half the planet – you hate them because they hate you. Whereas LGBT don’t even have equality in two thirds of the world, are seen as criminals in most countries, and in some countries are killed because of their homosexuality – they hate us because, well there is no rational reason. You need to get some perspective mate.

1. Hate is still hate, regardless of the reason. Gays hate christians, and they have every right to do so. though I think it is irrational and in most cases unjustifiable. Again, whether you hate Bush and Cheney or Obama ( I do all three) then you have the right to that hate regardless of the justification. The fact of the matter is that this war on hate will backfire on you, just like the war on poverty, drugs, and terrorism etc.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:08pm

See there’s the thing, hate is such an ugly word.
            I don’t know anyone within the LGBT community who “Hates” christian.
            Dislikes, yeah, not all mind not all are low-life but sadly it’s those low-life ones that get heard.

2. Actually if someone was to say they hate religion I would instantly say that offensive and bigotted. I disagree with what religion say’s but I believe they have the right to say it. However I hate alot of religious people who are in the lime light that is for a very different reasons I hate the way they act they don’t represent a ethnic group and therefore can be hated against.

3. @Pepa

With respect you can judge your own motives and try and justify them as much as you like (I would disagree with most of the justification I am sure), but please do not presume what every other homosexual thinks or what their motivation is.

As you consistently ignore the comments that people make to you, I shall try and do so again – people have the “right” to have whatever views they wish to hold – I agree. However, with rights come responsibility (this is where you seem to struggle). With responsibility it is incumbant on all those exercising rights to ensure they do not encroach on others rights. So, by broadcasting global internet messages that are offensive, homophobic and arguably harassing – someone exercises their right to free speech – nonetheless they encroach on the right to privacy, a quiet life and to live free of harassment, intimidation and distress (all within the UN human rights declaration).

So, whilst some may see stopping discussion as censorship ….

1. nonetheless they encroach on the right to privacy, a quiet life and to live free of harassment, intimidation and distress
          Shutting up people falls under that description.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:11pm

You mean like the many sight you claim have banned you?

2. @Pepa

So you resort to the playground argument …

Very sophisticated!

3. It certainly doesnt fulfill all aspects of that description and I would argue because they have to choose to act that way – they can choose not to … the law will help them with that …

2. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:10pm

Stu
          One thinks one is wasting ones breathe.

4. … if correctly actioned in a sensitive and proportionate manner then it is more concerned with protecting the rights that are being trespassed on by the person arguably vindictively utilising their right to free speech

5. Tony Gay Life Coach 2 Jun 2011, 11:22am

As with banning the Exodus ‘Gay Cure’ app, banning them allows them to play the persecution card, and better to let them condemn themselves by their own words and actions.

1. Banning them only makes them stronger. Makes them more legit.
      That is what most of the gay fascists on this thread do not get. And it will backfire on their face.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:56am

Yawn.
        Back to your boring uneducated rants again!

2. So banning homosexuality for the last two thousand years has made us more legit and stronger? And gay fascists? You’re paranoid. Seriously stop smoking so much weed.

1. Hey, let’s not bring weed into this!

1. @Ben

Absolutely, even those who are paranoid due to weed don’t sound as paranoid as Pepa

2. funny how liberals want to allow weed yet they use it to bash people with it… lol. i’m for legalizing it, but come on… using weed as your argument only says how desperate you are and the fact that you have nothing else to use as good points. calling me a pothead is not going to win the debate.

3. @Pepa

Have you heard of humour …. oh sorry you’re Republican – you know what its like to be a laughing stock …

4. Pepa he was mentioning on your paranoia and merely presuming this could be down to how much weed you smoke which is a well known side effect if you want to give us another reason why your so paranoid then feel free

5. Jock S. Trap 6 Jun 2011, 3:37pm

Well pepa did say Everyone he knew did drugs, so I guess your argument is understandable Hamish/Ben.

2. Read your history… yes homosexuality became more legitimate hence why its legal now. The more you suppress something the more strength it gets.

3. Bringing up points is not paranoia, saying that republicans will put gays into FEMA type cpncentration camps in Texas and monitoring facebook to see who is using homophobic language IS.

1. Who on this thread suggested either of those things – the voices in your head?

2. Jock S. Trap 6 Jun 2011, 3:39pm

I think he just makes it up as he goes along.
            He’s not in control so as a consequence is all over the place.

6. Kevin McGovern 2 Jun 2011, 11:30am

Each to their own Free speech and all that It doesn’t bother Don’t see what all the fuss about Let them carry on They will soon hang themselves with their own words People just need to chill

1. Because it’s not fair for people who have done nothing wrong to see such bile.

1. Under that logic christians and homophobes can also claim the right to censors gay stuff.
        If you allow one type of censorship might as well allow all types.
        And yes there are homophobes (real ones) that think that homosexuality is bile. You should know that by know.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:57am

Prehaps you should learn the difference between love and hate.
          I realise you spend your time hating so you have no problem understand that but try researching what love is about.

2. @Pepa

But the homophobes have done something wrong – they are bigoted … its a mindset, not something that you are – you choose to be a homophobe – there is a personal choice (conscious or not) made to be anti anything …

3. Both of you seem to not get it. Why does only one group have the right to censor and not others? Either censorship is allowed or it isn’t. If you find homophobe stupidity to be bile then what is stopping a homophobe to say that homosexuality is bile as well and needs to be censored.
          The jockstrap wants to lecture me about love… its like a drunk lecturing about how important it is to be sober.
          And stu, gays can be and are at times bigoted as well, read some of Will’s comments to me, and see what his reactions were to my personal beliefs of gay spirituality, he hurled bigoted comments. That is just one example. And lets not forget that most of you claims that christians are mentally ill and that old people need to die and be killed, that is outright bigotry.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:15pm

Yawn – Your boring me now pepa!

2. @Pepa

You’re the one who doesnt get it.

Making a choice to hurt someone whether verbal or otherwise particularly when linked to something over which they have no control eg race is wrong.

Thats why globally race discrimination is unlawful. Thats why racist advertisements are not permitted, Thats why bigotted race related literature is censored.

The same rights must be afforded to LGBT people

The people who choose to undermine the human rights of asians, gays, disabled etc do so by choosing to … Asians do not choose to be Asian. Gays do not choose to be gay. The disabled do not generally choose to be disabled. They deserve protection and responsible judicial systems ensure that these people have their rights upheld. Those who believe (choice) they can victimise deserve censorship.

3. Your comments are full of Sh!t A) Will was merely arguing that the facts prove your views on gay spirituality to be wrong. B) if you could refer to some articles where anyone mentioned that old people should die. C) yes some gay people are bigoted as are people from every walk of life and there bigoted views should be censored just as much as these religious bigots

2. Julian Morrison 2 Jun 2011, 3:54pm

Speech is not free if power is not equal. Oppressor speaking against oppressed is violence and merits deletion.

1. In that case many people who comment on PN fall under that prescription (I am the oppressed), therefore I DEMAND that my oppressors be silenced! lol.
        Rethink your logic.
        (And no, I don’t really want anybody here silenced, just making a point how flawed your logic is)

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:58am

Didn’t you say you had been banned from several sites?

2. @Pepa
          With the greatest of respect you expect to engage in adult debate here but you throw juvenile strops like that – grow up

The evidence suggests that you are the one stirring up trouble, troll

1. See what I mean. This is clear and utter oppression.

2. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:16pm

Time for your medication, me thinks.
            Would you fries with the large order of Paranoia?

3. @Pepa

Speaks the contributor who called me a rapist ..

Pepa I might have more consideration of your feelings which you demonstrate you have some responsibility – something you are sorely lacking

7. I think it has gone, it will just spring up again, let them waste their time showing everyone how they can drag their knuckles.

1. It has gone now – it is a closed group

But no doubt similar will return …

Plenty of people whose knuckle drag along the floor

8. Here’s a list of said group’s current 15 members: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_214634765235918
    As this group’s membership grows the bigot babble will proliferate to the point that Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook.: https://www.facebook.com/WHOF1 will add them to the > 1,600 anti-LGBT Fb groups that they’ve had removed from Facebook thus far.

1. Lets all join the group on mass, if they will let us in.
      Any one else up for debating with these bad hair-do muppets ?
      Lets have some fun!!!

1. I have just pushed the request to join button, any one else joining me on this muppet show?
        I am very experienced with extremists, having been banned from the Christian Institutes presence on face book twice, for daring to debate that homosexuality is not a sin, or an abomination.

1. Joined you though it states on my profile that I’m interested in men so probably won’t get aloud in

2. Must go and have a look at the Christian Institute page, JohnK – sounds like sport

1. “sounds like sport”
            It is, hard sport, I might add – lol

2. Galadriel1010 2 Jun 2011, 2:09pm

I think I’ll join you :D

2. Funny, I AM the one that gets accused as a “troll.” Do you people ever read your own posts?
      Lets all join the group on mass, if they will let us in.
      LOL Wow.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 9:59am

Hilarous!

2. @Pepa

Have you heard of irony?

1. Yes, hence why I was urged to show how hypocritical some of you are.

1. As we’re equally force to show how intellectually ignorant and histrionic you are, pepa.

2. Aslong as you have the ability to debate (which you don’t) I have no problem with debating on websites not aimed for you

9. Always makes me laugh to see US citizens trying to assert their first Amendment “free speech” rights against a private company like Facebook. I’m not American, but I still know that it just does not work that way!

Freedom of speech, as enshrined by their law, means that the government cannot silence them, it cannot be asserted against anyone else. So when you make the choice to play in a private sandbox, and they decide that you broke the rules, you can (and will) be shut up.

1. Thank you! As a U.S. citizen so few of my fellows recognize that the 1st Amendment is to prohibit government actions, not those of of a private or other non-governmental entity. It would be like someone entering a Mosque in the U.S. to start preaching Christianity. The 1st Amendment doesn’t cover this as freedoms of speech or religion.

Obviously we need to raise the bar in public education about what our Constitution does and does not protect.

2. You understand the concept of Constitutional “free speech” better than 99% of Americans. I have given up trying to explain it to my fellow countrymen.

Kudos!

3. An American Muslim acquaintance of mine visited the UK. He was joking about bombing parliament around a group of police, as I desperately tried to shut him up. When he started rabbiting on about the Freedom of Speech being a guaranteed right I took much joy in reminding him that no such law exists in the UK.

It makes me proud to be British!

1. jamestoronto 3 Jun 2011, 4:12am

“Freedom of Speech” in all countries has limitations – including the USA. If your friend was walking along the streets of Washington DC and overheard making comments about blowing up their Congress Building, he would be picked up and charged so fast he would be spinning. Hate laws restrict freedom of speech as do libel laws and public disorder laws (yelling “Fire” so as set off a panic, or talking about a bomb at an airport). TV networks, especially in the US, censor or bleep out words or sentences all the time for such things as profanity or libellous statements. A man was just recently tried and convicted of making threatening to kill President Obama.

1. “Freedom of Speech” in all countries has limitations –
          Then if there are limitations on a specific freedom then it is not freedom at all.
          Love the double speak. Just come out and be honest and say “I don’t want homophobes to speak, they have no right to speech only I and my friends do. Period.”
          Sig Heil! Sig Heil!

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 10:00am

Time for your medication Mr pepa.

2. @Pepa

No I want homophobes to speak, just not use homophobic language because that limits my freedoms, rights and security.

In the same way I don’t want racists to use racist language

If you follow your logic to its ultimate then it there would be no protection from racism, homophobia, abuse, libel etc – freedom of speech requires responsibility – a concept you just don’t get

3. just not use homophobic language because that limits my freedoms,
            Are you that weak Stu? I mean take a look at the language hurled at me… “Time for your medication Mr pepa.” and you calling me a “troll,” in that case under your logic Stu, YOU are limiting my freedoms as well, and I would demand that you and the Jockstrap be silenced. But of course this logic is nonsense. People hurl bigoted insults at each other all time, especially gay people, and you even told me once to “get a thicker skin” in another thread remember? Well I suggest you follow your own advice.

4. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:22pm

Stu
            I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, pepa is nothing more than a ranting control freak.
            Only thing is he can’t get control here so just makes it up as he goes along.
            Bit of a laughing stock if you ask me.
            The saddest thing is he sad before he’s been banned from some sites, it seems he wants to blame us here on PinkNews for his actions.
            Easy target I guess, or so he thinks.
            Funny how control freaks suddenly become paraniod when they feel they don’t have that controlling grip.

5. Pepa, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Freedom of speech is not a carte blanche to say what you want. Look up0 the definition, its not our job to educate you,and I’m sick of you peddling ignorant misinformation as fact in here,

6. @Pepa

I just laugh at your comments now because they can not be seen as serious and genuine. If you really think I am oppressing you – the person who called me a rapist – double standards and your offensiveness goes way below the belt and is of the most vile and outrageous type.

I can not take you seriously – you make yourself look a complete laughing stock and idiot by your ignorance and lack of consistency.

To my mind, that makes you a troll

4. This isn’t about first amendment, this is about whether or not facebook and more likely, gay activists are engaging in censorship. Censorship is a sympton of oppression and secretiveness. If gay people have nothing to hide or be ashamed we should let our detractors blow their wind all their want. But it looks like we have a bunch of gays with nothing better to do than to monitor people’s speech and censor them. It gives them fake power. Not knowing that this tactic will comeback and bite them in the butt.
      Nope, this is a lot worse than the first amendment, you are making gay people look like the PC police. And such a thing is now very unpopular here in America.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 10:01am

Go back to your Bible and stop bashing us for a change.
        Idiot.

1. oy vey…
          I thought you were going to come back at me with a yawn or something stupid like that jockstrap. I would suggest Stu’s advice and “get a thicker a skin.”

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:23pm

Guess thats what makes me a far better person than you then, don’t it Slimeball!

2. I disagree Pepa

1. “Censorship is protecting individuals whose human rights are being tramppled on by those who dont demonstrate any sense of responsibility. If they dont want to be censored – show some personal responsibility”
          This statement could easily as well be said by a homophobic preacher… who is also demanding censorship only this time to gays on the internet.

1. I would expect you to understand the mind of a homophobic preacher ….

10. For now I’d say just ignore ‘em. Joining up to argue with them would be pointless and would only serve to attract more members.

11. A 15 member, closed group of rednecks is hardly a threat.

Let their words by their judge and jury, assuming that they can string a sentance together

12. I wonder if they know that one of the founders of facebook is gay.

1. I bet most gays don’t know that either. Only the gay elite do when they peddle their pro-corporatist agenda to other gays, (by facebook, google, apple, microsoft, and the rest of the Fortune 500).

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 10:02am

Your ‘conspiracies’ are hilarious!

1. to those who are not intelligent enough to do their homework, of course this is going to sound like a “conspiracy” Reality is crazier than what the lay person who has been manipulated realizes.
          That’s because the jockstrap and company support corporatism and strong central governmental power over the individual, that is why they are so fascinated with controlling human behavior through censorship. The jockstrap would have looked very appropriate in a brown shirt.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:25pm

Hey what you do in your spare time is nothing yo do with me.
            Keep your fetishes to yourself.

2. Don’t forget “kool-aid”. Its important to mention the “Kool-aid”

2. At least you’re consistent Pepa …

Twaddle and paranoid hysteria – but consistent

1. And you are also somewhat consistent, as in always responding to what I say as paranoia… that’s fine. Because I know this information, but if you chose to not know it, than that is your choice, and you have every right to dumb yourself down and call people with different information as “paranoid.”

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:26pm

LOL – You really are a joke!

2. @Pepa

No you have an opinion – not information … I suggest you learn the difference

13. Lucio Buffone 2 Jun 2011, 11:49am

Of the 15 members, 8 of them look quite gay, maybe it’s part of a bizarre coming out ritual in Akron, Ohio

1. Or it could be a joke. Or it could be gays who are doing this to get attention from the gay media, which they did.
      Most users know that Facebook will take it down anyway, so one must ask why would they waste their time like that? Unless they have something to gain? (a nice news story on PN/advocate maybe?).
      I do remember when I was an activists, a few of us posed as christian homophobes and post anti-gay stuff on web sites, usually citing bible scripture, the constitution etc. etc. Heck even a few of us posed as homophobes at a gay pride with signs and everything. Yes we were instructed to do so by the organization we were affiliated with. Its called cointelpro. Look it up.

1. @Pepa

So you complained about me suggesting that you were pretending to be something you werent on another thread – yet this is behaviour you freely admit you have done previously ….

I rest my case

1. Because you sounded ridiculous. I say what I say base on my own personal experience. Yes I freely admit what I did in the past as gay activist.
          Maybe I should post a video on youtube with my boyfriend to show who I really am, but eh, even with that you will still ignore it and call me troll, etc etc… what is the point?

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:27pm

Meanwhile back on real world your nothing but a complete fake.
            Who in their right mind would take you seriously?
            No-one thats who.

2. You expect respect … Not with your attitude or behaviour ….

If I sounded ridiculous then hey so be it … but I sounded ridiculous in suggesting you had were doing something you have done – so you clearly have been … or are ridiculous by your very argument …

3. But as you just admit you have lied before for gay activism could you not also be lying now for homophobic activism??

2. Who is instructing you these days, Pepa

1. Nobody. Just coming out with the truth of my past. But if you chose to believe it, which is the case now as you are using it to make the case that I am working for homophobes today, then you must admit that while you are using my past as fact then that means you accept the fact that there were and are gays today that are posing as homophobes and posting things on the web to stir up the pot and increase hits for that website.

2. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:28pm

The voices in his head I expect.
          Do you by any chance wear a foil hat pepa?

14. As I understand it, the U.K. has similar hate speech laws to what we in Canada have. The result? No trash-talking BS inciting social division and further clouding public discourse. BTW. By doing this: Creationism ‘banned from free schools’ – Telegraph: http://bit.ly/krF79I you Brits have avoided this: If Almost 1/4 of US States Can Now Fund Creationism…: http://bit.ly/ijqdhR

1. Banning something doesn’t make it go away. Great example is homosexuality. In ancient times it was tolerated until 500 years ago and it was banned in the west, then obviously it had to be legalized in recent times.
      You can make wishful laws that will engineer a society to what you want it to look like but are you willing to take the risks of legitimizing homophobic speech? (Just like what happened with homosexuality?)

1. But just because homophobia won’t go away if you ban it doesnt mean that those people who suffer at the hands of it do not deserve protection of their human rights … censorship is often a last resort of a legislative body – if people show responsibility and behave appropriately that sanction will not be used – unfortunately time and again homophobes fail to show any individual or collection sense of responsibility

1. Not being offended is not a human right, get that already. If that were the case than I can call the police on you for offending me as you call me a troll.
          But that wont happen because 1) I wasn’t offended, but I could have been 2) It is silly to arrest and censor people because of what they say. That is very dangerous, and for you to justify censorship makes you a very dangerous person in a liberal, democratic, free society.

1. There are offences globally of using offensive language

Other offences such as harassment involve verbal exchanges

Your simplistic argument (which is also false) fails to consider damage that can be done to humans by verbal exchange and sees words as meaningless – it seems you are trying to hide from reality

2. Homosexuality is not something that can be changed or taught homophobia is. As you stated there was no issue with homophobia until 500 years ago. It will occasionally crop up but it is not a constant presence as homosexuality is.

15. Tony Gay Life Coach 2 Jun 2011, 11:57am

Let the gay-botherers have their say and flaunt themselves

1. Chutneybear 2 Jun 2011, 12:07pm

??? How about we let them go fu<k themselves

2. Reed Boyer 2 Jun 2011, 5:45pm

Tony, I’m surprised that you’ve been out of the loop about WHOF (Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook), whose 90,0000+ members report such pages, noting and reporting actual instances of “hate speech” (not mere expressions of opinion) according to FB standards.
      Their founder reported, this morning, about this page: “Congratulations to everyone who reported the page “The New Anti-Gay Movement” The page has now been removed by facebook. That is number 2019.”
      “Number 2019″ refers to the number of anti-gay hate group pages that have been removed by FB as a direct result of WHOF members taking action.
      Letting “gay-botherers” (a mild and tepid term) “have their say and flaunt themselves” is a surprisingly acquiescent recommendation. As the old adage has it, “silence lends consent,” and WHOF members choose not to be complicit by remaining silent.
      For more information:

16. presume if facebook get enough complaints and don’t like the thing then they can just remove it….the legality of the thing doesn’t matter, it’s up to them to show some common sense and get rid of it …

If they’re weren’t using facebook but their own website then that would be different???

1. facebook has a right to ban who ever they want from their severs. I for one disagree with this ban. If these are actual homophobes then what we are looking at is possibly this group gaining more steam. Not a good idea.

1. So when LGBT were banned from existing in the west, did we get more steam? NO. When LGBT are banned in the middle east, does it give them more steam? NO. If I owned pink news I’d ban you, just to see if that gave you a bit more steam. But guess what, it wouldn’t, it would just silence you.

1. Well said Eddy

Those countries where homosexuality is either newly being attacked or where equality is at the cusp of happening is where things get more vocal – when you are oppressed, then it takes real courage to stand up …

It is appropriate action is taken against those who believe they have a right to oppress others due to how they were born

2. Wrong.
          What you are saying then is that homosexuality is still illegal in the west, and that gays have no rights in most western countries. What cave do you live in?
          No doubt that fascists like you would want to ban me, and yes more people would be curious to know why, it might not be a big deal to you because of your bigotry towards me, but some people get curious though. When movies get banned, they get very popular. When drugs get banned more people use them because they want to do something illegal or because drug pushers need to make money out of something that is oppressed and banned. It is common sense that when something gets banned curiosity widens. Using me as an example is far fetched because I am not an issue, an idea or a commodity, I am simply a person, but still you will get enough curiosity.

1. A) when did anyone mention Gays not having any rights in the west we are saying that Gays in the countries with no rights don’t gain steam it often in fact takes many years for members of the oppressed community to manage to get there rights back.
            B) I would like to see the research you are referring to that shows a correlation between illegality of drugs and the amount of drug users there are out there, I would merely point out that actually alcohol is the most widely used drug and is actually legal.

3. Back to the usual Pepa who never lets truth and fact get in the way of misrepresenting what others say …

No one said what you claim they did on here

17. Eddy - from 2007 2 Jun 2011, 12:16pm

It’s a very clever move, by these homophobes. Has the page been removed? Facebook may have a dilemma on its hands.

18. it’s predictable that the homophobes whine about free speech and lie that they aren’t guilty of hate speech etc

1. Free speech is a natural human right. Unless you agree with the KGB thugs that have silenced (brutally) the gays in Moscow from having a march, that speech can only be exercised by the preferred majority (as in the case in Russia). You either support free speech for all or you join the SS and the KGB.

1. I think you might have a slight case of bi polar disorder.

1. Again why these attacks, I am simply putting my points and arguments forward.
          Oy vey, you people just don’t get it. But of course what do you expect from bigots? More name calling as usual.

2. I wholeheartedly agree freedom of speech is a definite human right – and I would agree that exercising it requires responsibility

1. So the cops were in the right, as they thought that the gays were irresponsible?

1. No Pepa thats not what I said

and I struggle to understand how any intelligent person could take my comment that freedom of speech is a definite human right and that exercising it requires responsibility means that the police thinking that gays are irresponsible and thus were in the right.

The words I used do not mean what you say they do – I am concerned about your cognition Pepa, I suggest you seek help from a doctor.

19. Wow there’s a lot of members isn’t there? Actually a couple of them are pretty hot….and as for taking your photo through a mirror, mate that is so old, lol.

20. “You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.”

How do we define “hateful content”? “Threatening content”?
    Why should this group be banned? I think that what the BNP says is hateful, but I don’t think they should be banned saying things.

1. de Villiers 2 Jun 2011, 12:38pm

> How do we define “hateful content
      We give the words their ordinary meaning. On such a reading, this appears to be hateful.

1. I’m sorry, but isn’t it a bit subjective what counts as “hateful content”? To me such talk is hateful content, as is talk of reducing immigration, but I would never propose limiting people’s right to talk about immigration.

21. Thanks to Hamish for posting the link to the group, have reported it to FB and urged others I know to do the same.

22. Kelvin O'Neil 2 Jun 2011, 1:42pm

http://www.facebook.com/whof1 asked the 99 thousand members to report it and it is now gone. x

23. Good to hear that its gone. Its good to hear that Facebook were quite quick to react to things.

24. johnny33308 2 Jun 2011, 2:02pm

The hate page has been removed by FaceBook it seems, in record time. FB is often slow to remove hate pages and it seems some employees of FB are also bigots as they often leave hate pages up for a very long time but take down pro-gay pages faster. That is what appears to happen anyway.

25. Jock S. Trap 2 Jun 2011, 2:14pm

I suggest Facebook decide quickly what they intend to do about this and not let it get to media attention for publicity before closing it down.
    If they were serious about it’s own rules surely they would have closed it down already!

26. Laura Lee 2 Jun 2011, 3:04pm

Seriously, though. Who “flaunts it” more than straight people? Wearing wedding rings, ritualizing heterosexual dating through things like senior prom, all those cartoons with the prince and princess, holding hands in public, kissing on New Year’s eve. That is a heck of a lot of “flaunting” we straights do.

1. Very well said Laura!

2. Thats because 97% of the population is straight, duh. What a dumb comment.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Jun 2011, 12:30pm

Seriously, do you really think that?
        You are seriously deluded ain’t ya.

1. And pepa wishes he was part of them.

2. Just because they are a majority doesn’t give them the right to discriminate as we are doing something unusual if you were never aloud to stray from the majority you would never have any change we would still be living in caves painting on walls

27. Mark Smith 2 Jun 2011, 3:46pm

My thanks to Facebook. I guess these so called “Christians” have forgotten we’re supposed to love one another.

1. Staircase2 2 Jun 2011, 4:53pm

How do you know theyre christian?

1. johnny33308 3 Jun 2011, 12:20am

They are ALWAYS Christians. No one else is even interested in gays or gay sex or gay life except the self-identified KKKristians. They think about gay sex way more than gay people do. One has to wonder what is up with that????? Bunch of closet cases wanna bees but far too cowardly to live the life they secretly wish to live, and are supposed to live. See the benefits of religion? It seems designed for the weak minded and feeble.

1. “They are ALWAYS Christians. No one else is even interested in gays or gay sex or gay life except the self-identified KKKristians. They think about gay sex way more than gay people do. One has to wonder what is up with thatBunch of closet cases wanna bees but far too cowardly to live the life they secretly wish to live, and are supposed to live.”
          And yet I get accused of paranoia… where are the psychiatrists (Eddy 2, Stu and the smelly jockstrap) on this? LOL Oh I see this kind of paranoia is acceptable. Yup.

1. Actually for once Pepa I vaguely agree with you though I wouldn’t call it paranoia it is not always christians that are homophobic however if you look at the members of the group they were all christians …… not a good reason to presume though

28. I am continuously amazed at how many straight people with mind-bogglingly busy and perfect lives, partners, children and satisfying careers and social lives (clearly) find the time to hate gay people so much as to make it their life’s work, either in the flesh or in virtual relaity world (FB). The rather ridiculous thing is that a gay person no doubt directly or indirectly did a good deed for the hater at some point in the haters sad life, unbeknownst to the hater, who was looking the other way watching for the gay to ‘flaunt it in my face’.

29. Art Pearson 2 Jun 2011, 4:14pm

I trust that Facebook will block this trash.

30. Staircase2 2 Jun 2011, 4:52pm

Bloody idiots

31. AnAngryChristian 2 Jun 2011, 8:14pm

So much for freedom of speech.

1. phoenix0879 2 Jun 2011, 8:35pm

Freedom of speech isn’t relevant in this case. Facebook is, essentially, a private club. They are allowed to establish and enforce rules (such as a physical club that says members cannot swear or use racist speech etc) as they see fit. When joining you agree to the terms of service, which encompass these rules (they are in there if you read the full ToS document), you agree to abide by the described rules. If you breach them, the ‘club’ (facebook in this case) can and will take action, from closing a hate group to deleting accounts (and other steps inbetween).

Freedom of speech, as I said before, is irrelevant to this case.

2. johnny33308 3 Jun 2011, 12:14am

Christian bigotry is NOT free speech-it is HATE speech and you Christians have never been the victims-you leave victims in your wake-like 50 million innocent people butchered and tortured over the ages by your evil
      so-called ‘religion’, so you can be angry all you want-everyone knows you are a bunch of bigots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWS0ePXeq24&feature=related

32. Those people are entitled to their opinions and I cant see how it was homophobic.

“Those of us who are tired of seeing them flaunt it like it is a badge of honor and acceptable”

I AGREE, Im tired off it.

The page will resurafce.

1. Of course all gay people are the same arent they, effeminate mincing jessies. Your tired of it, well sod off then – Why come onto a website primarily aimed at gay people? You know what I’m tired of, being pigeon holed, labeled and defined by vacuous little tw..ts like you. Thats my ten penneth of freedom of speech for ya! Let the page resurface, I don’t care, won’t make any difference to me. Load of old bo….cks.

2. Jock S. Trap 3 Jun 2011, 10:05am

So stop doing it then, James

33. johnny33308 3 Jun 2011, 12:06am

And in times past in America it was considered OK to murder people because the color of their skin was not white. This is EXACTLY the same thing. People did not wish to stop those evil actions either but they were finally forced to do so. The new bigots will also be forced to stop their violence, persecution and speaking loudly and proudly of their egregious bigotry and hatred. Bigotry is bigotry no matter how it may be sheltered by ‘religion’. Ignorance is still ignorance as well.

1. Well said, Johnny.

34. Rich (original) 3 Jun 2011, 1:55am

People have a right to resist to gay politics in any country of the world. The removal was a fascist sort of action. Shame on Facebook censors!

35. I’m pleased that this page was removed so quickly. Facebook isn’t a place for hate-speech, or for the promotion of hatred and prejudice.

36. RayneVanDunem 4 Jun 2011, 4:28am

The cries of censorship and First Amendment violations by private corporations are utterly without merit. Facebook does not operate under a public free culture license and is not chartered by Congress.

At the same time, it usually doesn’t make sense to delete a manifestation of such speech because of how these individuals always have some sort of means to return with the same speech under the same guise. If there is no surgical strike at the heart of the matter – the power of Abrahamist fundamentalism as a shared personal ideology embraced by a wide portion of the population – then it becomes an eternal battle which no one wins…

37. RayneVanDunem 4 Jun 2011, 4:40am

Also, I envy those who identify as heterosexual Christians but earnestly believe that they’re being persecuted by “minorities” who run counter to the dictates of the Christian Bible – be it the Illuminati, Jews, Freemasons, Black people, Jews, Gay people, Chinese, atheists, Jews, socialists, nudists, psychiatrists, Zionists, etc.

Oh, did I mention evil Jews and Zionists?

Anyway, I think that the more innovative that LGBT institutions of personal and community power become, more people will come out of the closet, become more of who they are, and the more that we can move beyond the issue of sexual orientation and gender identity as a societal crisis rather than a personal endeavor. We should not have to apologize for whatever power that we do have in this world, and I’m fairly certain that a genocide of heterosexuals is far from our minds for the foreseeable future…and then some.

38. burningworm 6 Jun 2011, 2:45am

FacePlace sucks.

39. kate gming 6 Jun 2011, 7:31pm

I have created a petition on change.org to Facebook http://www.change.org/petitions/ask-facebook-to-remove-hate-material-and-offensive-troll-pages?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=own_wall Please sign and promote this petition widely. It has been getting facebook’s attention. If enough people get behind this, maybe…just maybe facebook will look seriously at their policy for removal of pages.

40. I suppose in a way this is similar to anti homaphobia pages. However, would it be acceptable to have a page targetting black people in the same way? This is no different. Homaphobia should be dealt with the same way as racism, sexism ect.