Transgender woman attacked by mob in Virginia

1. Poor woman. My thoughts are with you.
    Let’s hope the culprits get sent to prison. People like that need to be off the streets.

2. Jock S. Trap 26 May 2011, 4:46pm

Another disgusting attack.
    Heavy sentences I hope.

3. By a mob? How brave of them, it took 4 of them to carry this attack out. Animals in packs tend to attack in such fashion.

4. Galadriel1010 26 May 2011, 5:41pm

Good on the neighbour for protecting her. Too often in these cases no one stands up to help. I hope the attackers get the book thrown at them.

5. Alexander Hauser 26 May 2011, 5:53pm

It’s disgusting that attacks like these are carried out against others just because they’re a bit different. My thoughts are with this poor woman.

6. OrtharRrith 26 May 2011, 6:15pm

I hope the woman is able to get on with her life without too much fear, although i very much doubt it. She has my very best wishes.
    This is a disgusting display of humanities worst. I hope that they’ll do some serious time for this if they catch them.

7. I hope she-he will learn the lesson!

1. Unlike you, who neglected to go to school to get any lessons what so ever….. probably no schools in Tajikistan anyway.

1. DJ Sheepiesheep 27 May 2011, 12:42am

@ Rich – if a group of bigots kicked the sh1t out of you, you’d be transparent.

1. Just wait a little, and you will taste someone else excriments… You like to lick anal parts of homosexuals animals, so all rectal masses which come out from it is yours….

1. Well, we know what’s on your mind, don’t we? You are one twisted little closet case homo, Rich.

2. lady tanya 27 May 2011, 3:15am

rich i wish you would sort your head out and come out you will be much happer when you come out as a Transsexual

1. Dear Lady, my head is clear. I don’t smoke, don’t drink, don’t use drugs, don’t use dirty language, don’t go with prostituttes, alsways take daily shower, etc. I cannot be a transsexual because I was born a man who love a woman, and never any substutute for it. That’s simple. And God protecting me from all sorts of evil, especially the homosexual types.

1. Your head is “empty”. The word is “empty”.
          You should do drugs and drink, it would make you at least interesting.

2. Rich, you obviously didn’t go to school either. Or you were too busy consulting with your ‘imaginary friend’ (aka god) to pay attention. Your spelling is atrocious and the rules of grammar obviously do not apply in your world, so when you can construct a valid argument please feel free to come back and join the real world.

3. You keep telling yourself that, Rich, but it’s not true. How many straight men do you think spend so much time on gay sites and so much time talking about gay sex?
          And you obviously don’t mind lying either. You’ve posted some DISGUSTING comments on here – misogynistic sexually agressive ones, racist ones and ones promoting genocide. Then you admitted that you did so using someone else’s IP because you (wrongly) thought you couldn’t be traced.
          You’ve clearly got mental problems and I hope the authorities give you the help you need soon before you become a danger to yourself or others.

4. Susan Adkins 29 May 2011, 6:47pm

Will and Grace: “You don’t smoke, you don’t drink, what do you do?”

8. Why is it that when people fear something they become violent? It makes me so sad to know that no matter what we do, bigotry brings out the scariest factors in people.

1. Because people who exhibit irrational fears like this, tend to act like monkeys and apes when faced with similar “natural” threats…. the evolutionary distance is too small, and in some, more apparent.

1. If you need an example of this, see Rich above. How far away from acting like a crazed chimpanzee do you think he really is? Monkeys with typewriters have now become monkeys with laptops….

9. johnny33308 26 May 2011, 8:38pm

This continues to be a big problem here in the States because from many KKKristian churches the congregants are urged to seek out and injure or kill gays. The police, national law enforcement and others who could prevent or at least prosecute for such incitations to violence do not act. GLBT people in America are under threat of violence or death whenever KKKristians go to church. Many KKKristian groups have beed designated as HATE GROUPS by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights group founded to promote equal civil rights for blacks back in the late 60s early 70s. These groups also include those other fine KKkristian groups the KKK. Law enforcement here is just a likely to kill GLBT people as are the evil KKKristians. Our homes are subject to vandalism and arson now more than ever before. We are on our own in our own country, just like the gay people in Uganda and other African countries, countries in the former Soviet Union and China. There is no freedom for us …….

10. praise the lord for that neighbor, he/she is a hero

11. lady tanya 27 May 2011, 3:29am

my hart goes out to girl I hope you have a quick recover and you are not hurt to much, just know that they who did this are cowards and scum and they will never be as happy as we are, I have never been as happy as I am now
    I have my share of transphobia, but never let it show to them that you are scared of them that just plays in there hands,

12. Pink news seems to be very selective about its reporting. Rod 2.0 has news that includes the black US Trans community why is PN so reluctant to report anyhing about black people?

13. beingthenewman 14 Jul 2011, 3:39am

i believe the lesson she learnt is, to keep a dignity even when others were beating her up, not to call people names she-he, when they supposedly dont insult people. i mean she recognises herself as a woman, but you dont call her that, isnt that manners to address people as how they wish to be known?