Ted Nugent ‘repulsed’ by gay sex but ‘not homophobic’

1. Ashlee Kelly 19 May 2011, 4:46pm

At the end of the day, there are probably gay people that are repulsed by hetrosexual sex as well. At least he respects that each person has their own sexual preferences.

1. Indeed.

to be honest, the thought of ‘tucking into’ ladybits surprise makes me feel quesy. Nothing against women or their bits – but I just don’t like the thought of it.

1. Jock S. Trap 19 May 2011, 4:59pm

I guess your right really but Oh So Queasy, queasssssy!!

2. he’s an idiot as it’s natural by definition unlike clothes etc

3. Jock S. Trap 19 May 2011, 4:58pm

Well unless he’s planning on actually having ‘Gay sex’ I don’t really feel the comment is justified.
    Can’t see how it affects him, really.
    Maybe he should occasionally take his head out of the sewer and see the sunshine.

4. He tries to get himself off the hook by saying live and let live regardless of his personal views of male on male sex. Hmmmm, “against nature”. That’s code for banning same-sex marriage too.

There is much that heterosexuals do that we find repulsive, but we don’t spew our disapproval or in some cases disgust at them having sex, vaginal or anal for that matter. Then just take a look at the world’s problems today. Wars, famine, terrorists, rape used as a terror weapon, sex trafficking, prostitution, corruption in the world’s economies, adultery, children born out of wedlock, all in the name of male heterosexual hegemony. Its beyond repulsive , there are no words to describe it.

1. Yes, it was the “against nature” bit that annoyed me too. Fair enough to say he doesn’t fancy gay sex, but why go on to add that bit? I sense a certain ambivalence in his attitude.

2. “Against nature” is ignorance at the most basic level. At those words, all discussion stops.

1. He seems not to realise that the gaps between the landing-strip fluff on his chin and his sideburns are against nature too (and aesthetics too, come to that).

5. The guys a moron but not because of his views on gays, you can’t ask someone to like the thought of two guys…. And I ain’t gonna love the thought of girls anytime soon

6. And Piers Morgan is merely a self publicist. They deserve each other.

1. Jock S. Trap 19 May 2011, 5:49pm

Good point!

7. Morgan interviewed Ann Widdecombe a few weeks back. It seemed like the studio audience consisted solely of Ms Widdecombe’s fans and Daily Mail readers.

8. Who cares what he thinks, I’ve never heard of him.
    I thought his picture was Eric Sykes in some sort of old retro costume for a Western Carry-on film from the 70’s

1. your are so right……..but the sublime Mr Sykes would not expreess such silly crass nonsense in such a crude ill educated way. Is Nugent not the man who used to declare “if its too loud you are too old” at the same time as wearing earplugs on stage. Another sillt arse!

9. Eddy - from 2007 19 May 2011, 5:37pm

“If you’re gay, have a nice day. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass”, he said.

Hmmm. Gays and rat’s asses, side by side, in the one statement, do not make for a satisfying assurance.

10. “I have friends that are gay”

The old classic lines are best.

1. Well from reading some of the self loathing , passive commentary that some people leave on here , it would not surprise me if he really did have gay friends.

1. Exactly! + 100000

11. I agree with him!! He couldn’t give a rat’s ass … well neither could I – except in my case I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about this guy, his opinions or his ‘music’. For the record I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about Piers Morgan either – self publicist that he is!!

12. musclelad23 19 May 2011, 6:19pm

Ted Nugent “repulses” me.

1. Paddyswurds 20 May 2011, 1:01am

Just who the fcuk is Ted Nugent?.
      He looks like an Amsterdam pimp. Never heard of the creep and will be glad never to hear of him again.

13. john abbott 19 May 2011, 6:34pm

He says he is not homphobic and does not ‘care’ so why comment then, really? I have to say I feel a bit repulsed by the idea of hetero sex-it seems so very ‘foreign’. So happy that I am gay! It is a wonderful way to be and would never change it even if such a thing were possible. Being gay means you have family wherever in the world you go-I have never been a stranger in a strange land because of my gay family everywhere. Truly wonderful. Sad that heteros do not have this experience as it is wonderful beyond words!

14. He could perhaps explain what vision of ‘nature’ includes rifles and rock music, since neither are obviously explicable or suggested by human biology.
    Same old boring red-herrings. Who the hell is the guy anyway?

15. LOL.

Does anyone actually care what this man actually thinks? I haven’t even heard of him before today.

16. Er… who IS this clown?

1. Yeah right 19 May 2011, 7:27pm

I was readng these comments in hope somebody would know. WHO is he and why should anyone care what he thinks?

2. That’s what I was thinking too, who is this person and why on earth should I give a rat’s arse (or ass, even) what he thinks?
      Not to put too fine a point on it, if it’s Nature he’s worried about, he sounds like one of Mother Nature’s less-good jokes.

17. His comment was unnecessary. I am repulsed by the thought of having sex with a woman, but I don’t declare it. Besides, why is it that straight men are so fascinated by what gay men get up to? Not homophobic, just stupid.

1. Exactly! Why do some straight men think about what gay men are getting up to in the bedroom? I don’t think about what he is getting up to in the bedroom with his sister so why should he care what I get up to? And let’s face it it’s only gay men who have anal sex…..right?

2. You just have declared your repulsion.

1. Er, not on national tv. Duh.

18. Sir Andrew 19 May 2011, 7:54pm

And I’m repulsed at the thought of anyone having sex with Ted Nugent. yet I manage to live my life happily. Ted is such a has-been; I’m surprised he gets ink for his comments.

19. Keith Lynwood 19 May 2011, 9:50pm

he has eight children three out of wedlock is a conservative and fronted the amtrak jukes or some band I have never heard of and never want to.
    An inconsequemtial person of no significance.

20. martyn notman 19 May 2011, 9:52pm

what makes me feel sick is him knocking one out over sarah palin…

21. Oh and his music sucks….and I love rock music!

22. I see comments by folks asking why he made the comments at all. Looks like it was Piers Morgan who asked about it and Nugent gave his answer. Ted’s OBVIOUSLY not a politician and isn’t parsing his words.
    In the end…who cares!

1. Exactly, who gives a rats ass what a kitsch & camp cowboy, who no-one has heard of, thinks about gays.

1. if he’s such a non-entity why was piers morgan interviewing him? i thought that gobsh*te only talked to *celebs*.

23. friday jones 19 May 2011, 11:56pm

Shooting machine guns is, on the other hand, totally natural apparently!

24. I’m repulsed by him and his thoughts. But I don’t hate him. I understand that elderly hateful bigots are deafened by the tick of the clock announcing their demise. An era of ignorance that produced so much morons.

25. It’s curious, isn’t it? Think of gay, think of the sex act. Think of straight, think of a wedding, going to a restaurant, holidaying together, making a home, socialising with friends…Think of gay, think of the sex act.
    Says something, no?.

1. Agreed, its nothing more then ignorance and a touch of believing the stereotypes. Getting out out more wouldn’t hurt either.

2. Exactly.
      A lot of homophobes think first of all of heterosexuality as feelings and relationships and of homosexuality only as sex. When I came out to my mother she said she hated to think about what I did. I pointed out that I didn’t like to dwell on what she got up to with Dad, either.

3. Somebody once said – The only thing that Gays and straights do the same is sex. It’s strange how people obsess about it. I don’t mind him saying he finds man-on-man sex repulsive. That’ just small-minded. People used to find inter-racial relationships repulsive for the same reasons. They just didn’t like the idea of it. However, saying it’s unnatural is a political statement, uncaring of the harm it causes. Poor, silly old bvgger.

26. I never think aboout things I’m not interested in. He has gay sex on his mind

27. Some of the comments on here are as equally offensive as his. The repulsion some “men” on here feel towards the female body or hetrosex is pathetic and reeks of misogyny.

1. I find it difficult to know what to make of the “ewwww, ladybits!” comments. There’s no need to make them but – if I’m honest – the thought of dick makes me want to barf and I’m no man-hater.

1. I agrree with you, on both statements.!

1. I mean on the “ewww ladysbits” part and the no liking the dick part without being a man-hater.

2. I guess its subjective to peoples prejudices, some find anyone over 50 repulsive or obesity or baldness etc. etc.

2. Paddyswurds 20 May 2011, 12:02pm

The female body is gross especially “down there” looks like someone let loose with a machete….and that awful smell?? then those gross appendages breeder men are so fixated on ……..what is that all about….?? Breeder sex even more gross.
      There should be laws brought in against it. We can have test tube babies now, more modern and seemly.
      Give me a nice clean d!ck any day…..much more hygenic and that lovely warm soft skin…yum yumm.

1. Paddyswurds 20 May 2011, 12:08pm

…..dont get me wrong, i’m not hetrophobic. It’s just the thought of what they do, it’s just not natural or indeed right. Twould frighten the horses don’t ya know. But live an let live i say as we seem to be stuck with them they are everywhere these days, you’d even see tham “at it” in cars and outdoor places…yeukk. I have loads of breeder friends etc etc……..

2. Jock S. Trap 20 May 2011, 12:19pm

Oh look everybody..
        Paddys…wants to shock.
        Kinda what I expect from a 12 year old.
        Yawn.

1. Jock S. Trap 20 May 2011, 12:21pm

and by 12 year old I mean see how people don’t like certain kinds of comments and then does them anyway.

2. Quite.

3. I’m going to assume that you’re being satirical, given that your next post (almost certainly) is. Then again, given some of your past posts, I’m not at all sure it is

Anyway, if you’re not joking, do get over your woman-loathing. It’s tiresome and childish.

1. Paddyswurds 20 May 2011, 3:57pm

Obviously I should refrain from satire or irony as y’all didn’t see that i was attempting parody of what this Ted Nugent person said ’bout Gays. The time i spent in New England musta destroyed my sense of irony, Rachel

28. Lucio Buffone 20 May 2011, 11:21am

Believe me this is progressive for Ted Nuggent, he set up a summer camp for kids to promote gun ownership a few years ago.

29. I think its a natural reaction for most heterosexual men to think that, not a problem.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 May 2011, 1:00pm

How would you know?

30. Bloody hell people – it would be a bit strange id Ted Nugent was straight but turned on by gay sex wouldn’t it? He’s someone who trades off a larger than life persona, so you expect bombast in his ansers.

Would it bother you if your son were gay?

“Not at all. Ultimately all of that stuff is inconsequential.”

Are you homophobic?

“I think it’s strange as hell, but if that’s what you are I love ya… I’m not going to judge another’s morals. I say live and let live. I have friends that are gay.”

What more do you want from the man?

1. p.s. To my colleagues – if you’re straight, have a nice day. I couldn’t give a rats ass. In the same way that Ted views us.

31. This is simply more hypocritical “love the sinner, hate the sin” double-speak garbage. Whenever they say “against nature,” that says it all (even though they’re denying that homosexuality DOES occur naturally in so many different species).

Hey, wanna hear something truly repulsive? I’ve always said that Sarah Palin was like the female version of Ted Nugent… Can you imagine the two of them having sex? Now, who ISN’T repulsed by that?

1. Difference being that Ted and Sarah have gay friends, whereas you seem to have a somewhat McCarthyite attitude to yours. Who are the intolerant ones Billy-boy?

1. Where’s the proof that they have gay friends? Anyone can say that, Mr. Upchuck.

32. Coffee Drinker 20 May 2011, 4:14pm

I’m repulsed by the thought of having sex
    with Nugent or Sara Palin. Both are republican tea bagging idiots.

33. If Nugent has nothing against gay people then why does he support anti-gay initiatives? If he is repulsed by gay sex, the easiest solution is not to have gay sex.

34. The old “against nature” claim. A claim that is not backed up by any scientific evidence. In fact, studies of primate behaviour indicates that same sex sexual activity is quite common and natural among our closest ape relatives. Human history also supports the claim that homophobia is a quite recent phenomenon.
    Here we have yet another famous person making proclamations that are way outside their area of expertise. He should stick to areas where he does have some knowledge – like, to take a completely random hypothetical example, having a “relationship” with a 17 year old minor Hawaiian girl and then becoming her legal guardian presumably so that he can continue kicking her front doors in. Now THAT is respulsive.

35. I’m not gonna judge you says Nugent, sounds like he’s being very judgmental. And a bit of a ‘phobe to boot. Piers Morgan interviews the dregs.

36. Gay sex is not natural?? No…and guns grow on trees…

37. jckfmsincty 25 May 2011, 1:09am

He’s a friend of Ms. Hannity’s, but didn’t Ted espouse violence against President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton? Ted loves the gays (just, how much?).