Rugby star Ben Cohen quits to fight for gay rights

1. Jolly good. Like! :-)

2. Alice Randall 16 May 2011, 7:30pm

Good for him! Nice to have a straight advocate for gay rights!

3. Excellent – a credit to him …

4. martyn notman 16 May 2011, 7:48pm

shame we wont get to see ihim running around in shorts! but good on him, thanks for the support!

5. Just out of curiosity does anyone know why he is so keen on gay rights compared to other good causes?

Whatever his personal motivation, his efforts are much appreciated.

1. Staircase2 16 May 2011, 9:09pm

Because he’s gay you numpty….

2. Staircase2 16 May 2011, 9:09pm

;o) lol

1. He’s a married father of two, hence him being a straight advocate. Are you confusing him with Gareth Thomas perhaps?

1. Staircase2 17 May 2011, 4:53pm

lol yes I was! :o)
          and when I read the article the photo didnt load up lol
          I apologise :o)
          (I did think the question was odd! lol)

3. Every time I’ve known a straight man who is this keen on gay rights, or comfortable being somewhat flirtatious with a gay man, it’s due to some close lifelong connection: uncle, brother, cousin, childhood friend…not because he’s harboring any latent feelings towards other men.

4. modelling

1. Is he making more money from photo shoots for Attitude mag than he was on the pitch? Whatever it is, hats off to him for his support. If only gay sportsmen were as supportive as Ben and not closeted.

1. I’ll be honest I dislike “gay” for pay models. He’s like a male Jordan

1. He doesnt gay for pay … he models and supports gay rights but is uncompromisingly comfortable in his own sexuality …. that is how I see it anyway

2. I reckon he wants to sell more calendars

3. Jock S. Trap 17 May 2011, 5:09pm

Bring it on.

4. Jock S. Trap 17 May 2011, 5:10pm

Way to insult someone completely supportive of Gay Rights…

6. How brilliant! – Thank you Ben

7. Outstanding. Well done, Ben! You’re a credit to your profession.

8. Staircase2 16 May 2011, 9:08pm

Bless ya! Good for you! :o)

more gay sportsmen with balls need to stand up and be counted! Young people need that desperately

9. He’s a good man. I like him.

10. What a lovely decent young man.

11. gays have only one right – the right to die!
    So, die soon, gays, and clear the planet from your presence!… That’s my dear with for now…..

1. Rich, I suspect you might be that depressed and closetted Imaam who tried to pick me up at the bus-stop in Limehouse, said I looked happy and friendly, said you liked my jacket and clothes and that you hated wearing your traditional clothes, said you had an arranged marriage to a woman you hated and who you argued and fought with constantly…said you hated your life and wished you could be happy like me.

1. or the one who messaged me on grindr asking to pay to suck me off lol.

2. Is it still here?

3. Jock S. Trap 17 May 2011, 10:15am

Oh.. ok.. so another hilarious comment from Rich… yawn
      Who’d have thought someone could get so boring.
      Pub anyone?

12. Check out my blog about homophobia and Ben Cohen’s work. BTW it’s International Day Against Homophobia – 17th May.

13. Jock S. Trap 17 May 2011, 10:08am

Good for him.
    Will watch with interest.
    Good Luck, Ben!!

14. What a brilliant fella. Isn’t the guy who owns this site called Ben Cohen?

15. All hail Ben and let’s not forget Daniel Radcliffe either.
    I am truly honoured that there are people like them in the world.

16. he’s a great asset.

Thanks Ben.

17. Eddy - from 2007 17 May 2011, 7:56pm

This man appears to be an inspiration!

Well done, Ben!

18. All my respect and good luck wishes.

19. He is the hottest bloke I have ever seen!!!!!!

If he is gay – he can sleep and have sex with me at anytime!!!!!

20. What a totally top man! He is so open minded and has recorgised a problem within sport and is prepared to set aside the time and effort to deal with it, and more importantly he’s tackling the attitude issue head on. Laws can change but attitudes often stay stuck in the past and can prove difficult to shift. Ben’s foundation will hopefully promote a change in these attitudes. Go Ben Go!

21. goodonyer ben !!!

anything that pushes or pulls towards acceptance and calm in the general public’s attitudes is to be applauded.

are you still playing ?

22. Ben – you are a credit to humanity. Thank you so much.