Two drag queens attacked in Liverpool’s gay quarter

1. Lets see if these attacks are comdemed by the great and the good

1. @James!

Although I am neither great nor good (well …) … I do wholeheartedly condemn these attacks and wish Merseyside police every success in identifying and successfully prosecuting the offender(s). I also wish the LGBT communities of Merseyside well as they look out for each other after these events.

I do wonder why the very first comment was “Lets see if these attacks are condemned by the great and the good”. It strikes me as the comment of someone who has a chip the size of Bulgaria on their shoulder …

1. Stu you’ve got the right hump with me havent you?
        carry on and you’ll get one of famous bitch slaps

1. No I just disagree with some of your comments

Bitch slap all you like, it won;t make me agree with you

1. My comment about the great and the good are those people who only comment on high profile usually international anti gay attacks. They dont seem to care what happens here in the UK.. And as you know I would never expect anyone to change their opinion just because I disagree. Unless they say i should be dead or something

2. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2011, 9:44am

Wow, imagine the size of the dipping pot for that chip.

2. These attacks,in a lovely city,are abhorant.

Good Luck,to those injured and I hope the attackers,are brought to justice,soon.

3. It’s Liverpool. These are the people that consumed their own at Hillsborough. Don’t expect too much of retarded scousers.

1. Hillsborough? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Stupid tw*t – you can think that says twit if you want.

1. Well said James – comment has already been reported as offensive and inflammatory

Last time I saw such comments I was a police officer at a friendly football match where such comments were chanted at the Liverpool supporters and a riot almost occurred – juvenile, petty, and cheap … but with a nickname like Bitch, what do you expect … hardly original

1. I don’t understand what bitch means? I know about Hillsborough but I don’t get what he/she is driving at.

1. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2011, 11:39am

Prehaps a bike contest might solve it?
            The likes that lila suggests in previous threads.
            LOL

4. dave wainwright 11 May 2011, 5:12pm

Massive unemployment and deprivation always tends to seek out and find scapegoats for venting violent aggression and frustrations , be vigilant THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING , as protest marches in London , Amsterdam and Rome will testify homophobic attacks, assaults and murders are on the INCREASE

5. Gay quarter? Do they mean those four run down shlthole bars? LMAO. I went to their pride. If you’ve never been to liverpool’s ‘gay quarter’, it’s worth going just to see what gay life was like twenty five years ago in the eastern block, I was shocked at what a dump it was. And the ‘scousers’ were so hostile, big bullies with big issues and chips on their shoulders. Time Warped.

1. sounds like the over hyped london gay quarter.

1. No trust me. The gay scene in Liverpool is not like london.

2. Are they still smarting from the BBC’s banning of Frankie Goes to Hollywood back in the day.

3. Paul O'Neill 11 May 2011, 11:41pm

‘Eddy Two’. Thank Christ there’s only one of you. I would debate with you but I’m not sure you’d understand, what with the Socratean wit of comments like ‘LMAO’. As a wise man once said ‘Never argue with a drunk or a fool’. Go mince back to whatever dull provincial settlement spat you out.

6. I had a great night out on the Liverpool gay scene …

as for one of the comments above (which has been reported and hopefully will be removed soon) – the people of Liverpool deserve our support both against horrific hate crimes like these and respect for some of the issues they have courageously dealt with as a community – such as Hillsborough ….

7. Hilarious. I blame Corronation Street.

1. Hilarious – violent real life attack …????

This is not entertainment ….

Sheesh – and we wonder why anti-social behaviour is so bad when people find things like this entertaining ….

2. Coronation Street is set in Manchester, Salford to be exact.

3. Paddyswurds 12 May 2011, 11:00am

You are still the intellectually bereft idiot you were on other threads. Just exactly what is your story. Corrie is a manchester soap.
      Liverpool has always been a homophobic dump. Comiserations to the two dudes who were attacked. Hope you are both ok.

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2011, 11:01am

the last post was for James ,

4. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2011, 2:38pm

No it’s got to be because of the Tellytubbies, surely?

5. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2011, 2:39pm

I make that point because it’s just as ridiculous as blaming Coronation Street.
      Blame idiots not excuses.

8. I am from Liverpool and I am so annoyed at this. Loads of straight people go to the Liverpool gay scene so I am always surprised that this actually happens.

1. people say the same of the london gay scene and down here they think they have a more tolerant open poloulace as they seem to consider liverpool somehow backward. But the same type of homophobia happens in or around londons one “gay” street.

1. Exactly! When a report states that Manchester or London have had a homophobic attack, people on here for example are like “Aw thats bad that”. When it is Liverpool you get the usual racism like “Scousers are scum what do you expect?”. Liverpool has a decent gay scene in general and it has a population of 450,000 so obvz there will be a minority of idiots who do this.

1. decent gay scene? compared to where saudi arabia?

1. There is some scummy places like the Curzon but Garlands, G-Bar, Navy and some others are amazing. For the record, Liverpool has 12 gay venues. You can have your opinion of course but you seem to have a hatred of Liverpool and Liverpudlians with your comments which makes me think that this is clouding your judgement.

2. i AM NOT FROM LIVERPOOL…IM ACTUALLY FROM LONDON……BUT HAVE LIVE IN LIVERPOOL FOR THE PAST 16 YEARS….I LOVE IT…..IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE DONT MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT A PLACE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TOO…..

1. Jock S. Trap 13 May 2011, 10:24am

Ooooh, Get ‘ere!
        ;)

9. richie, liverpool 11 May 2011, 11:55pm

You’re spot on James, it’s the same every time there’s an attack in Liverpool. The same old anti-scouse crap gets wheeled out which only conflates the problem and doesn’t help anything. Homophobia is an international problem! Besides, according to most estimations, Liverpool is the third/fourth largest metropolitan area in the country so what do people expect?

10. If we had the right to bear arms this wouldn’t be an issue

1. You’re right.

The issue instead would be that we’d have two drag queens with bullet holes in them.

1. It´s very sad but sometimes so people do bring things on themselves, can´t these Drag Queens just change before they go outside?? Some people do provoke others and lets face it we want to be accpeted lñike everyone else BUT seem to do everything possible to upset other people, We DO NOT live in Eutopia!

1. oooops, Excuse my spellling mistakes! should have checked before I sent it

11. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2011, 9:42am

Cowards.
    People have the right to go about their business without fear of being attacked.
    Note we don’t get stories about a Gay person attacking someone just because they are straight, it’s ridiculous.
    If these attackers truely felt they were right then why run? nothing but cowards.

12. If you are over 30,the London gay scene is unwelcoming and full of bitchy queens.

I was made very welcome in Liverpool and in the gay bar,I visited. I was there in 2009,judging at a dog show nearby.

ALL THE BEST TO ALL IN LIVERPOOL

1. Isn’t it funny that lesbians have such a grown up attitude about their scene.

2. Jock S. Trap 13 May 2011, 10:27am

Not my experience of London.
      I’m 40 and always welcomed whenever I’m on the scene.
      It’s why I will probably never leave London.
      You forget that the scene is full of all age groups.

13. Alan Young 25 May 2011, 8:36pm

Liverpool….underneath a very thin veneer of respectability….lies a rough and troubled City! They can do up the Docks…which lie empty… they hark back to the Beatles…. trying to save Ringo’s SLUM house!!!!! Come on …move on and look to the future? Get that massive CHIP off ur shoulder…. Ringo Star is SO CORRECT… about over sensitive scoucers! Liverpool made their fortune on the SLAVE trade….and are the only UK City to go to China last year and support a Government with one of the world’s worst human rights history…. Well done!!! So no wonder people are confused! There is violence and hated seething under this facade! Jumping out at every opportunity to lash out violently, using physical assault as they are totally incapable of putting tgehther a few sentences to put together an intelligent arguement!

14. Cordwainer smith 27 May 2011, 7:14pm

the pride festival ‘chairman’ is a person who will tell lies and support homophobic actions when it suits his purposes to remain ‘in-touch’ for his own ends, and will quite happily go on the television to ‘deplore’ such murderous attacks, but when you give him documented evidence of homophobic incidents, he will lie and prevaricate around such evidence, the man is a shyster and coward, do not on any count trust anything he says as it will be lies and untruths told to ‘big’ himself up, he already is paid three salaries of which I am aware and seeks to supress various ‘inconvient’ truths with actions that on the surface appear quite well meaning, but are in fact part of a campaign to keep himself and his cronies (including known paedophiles) and people who have infected formerly HIV negative people with HIV. draw attention to the fact and gangs of youths are sent round to launch missles at your windows or hang about outside with attack dogs waiting for the right moment to commit crime