Chaz Bono ‘thrilled’ with results of transition

1. “Breast removal”-You mean chest reconstruction? It sounds petty, but we need to start using the correct terminology.

1. No Tom he had his breast Removed NOT reconstructed. You need to get with the terminology.

1. he had a bilateral mastectomy with nipple grafts, otherwise known as a breast removal or a male chest reconstruction..if ya need to be picky.

alos it’s a procedure some born men get, which is why there’s quite a few surgeons that can do it.

2. …many FTM people are not comfortable with the term ‘breast’ being used to describe anything on their body…so chest is used to be more sensitive and respectful.

2. He is straight why is this gay news?

1. It’s LGBT news .

2. Helen Wilson 9 May 2011, 3:39pm

What a nobber!

1. me or james??

1. I thought once you transitioned you became that sex and were no longer transexual

1. oh dear. Of course someone is stil **transgender*** if they chose to identify that way. If they don’t ID as trans then I guess no they arnt but transition isn’t just “an op” james. trans people have to take hormones for their entire life so transition never really ends, I also know alot of trans men that don’t want lower surgery because the results are so appalling, so there’s alot of guys out there with two inch cocks and vaginas (or whatever they wanna call it) and are very happy with that. transition isnt as linear as you appear to think.

2. We all have things to learn I’d rather be thought a fool and gain some knowledge

3. that’s wise. glad you learned something :)

4. J. R. Braden 11 May 2011, 7:37pm

“Of course someone is stil **transgender*** if they chose to identify that way. If they don’t ID as trans then I guess no they arnt”

Nothing works this way. You can’t just call yourself something and have that be true. Any man who was born physically a woman and received surgery to fix that problem is both entirely male (after transitioning) and transgendered. It makes absolutely no sense to me to say that this man is no longer transgendered when that experience, that process, and the female hormonal and chemical processes during adolescence make up so much of what that man is.

2. Helen Wilson 9 May 2011, 5:08pm

James, I get fed up of that predictably insulting comment coming from LGB elements, its totally uncalled for.

1. Spanner1960 9 May 2011, 8:07pm

That’s rich. I get sick of the predictable flaming from trannies/ transexuals/ transgender/ transvestite/ transglobal /trans-fcuking-hairdo people that predicatably flame everyone else the minute they use the wrong terminology.

Get a life and start to realise that most of us know nothing about the Trans scene, and it is up to you people to help us along if you want to be accepted as part of the LGB crowd.

It’s like walking on fcuking eggshells with you people.

2. Hey spanner. I’d rather you say something that could be offensive and let you know nicely that it wasn’t ok and then have us both walk away having learned something new and kinda cool than nothing been said, so if i’m around feel free to ask questions if ya like, I won’t eat you :P

3. And I go by the term transman/trans man, which is what alot of us prefer, just to let u know (not flamey)

4. I didnt mean to insult you I thought he was a hetorsexual male in a female body

3. Because he’s a Transsexual You know the “T” in GLB”T” sheesh!!

1. I thought James asked why was it gay news, he didn’t mention GLBT.

1. well then he’s obviously misinformed about what pink news is, in case you haven’t noticed it covers lesbian stories, trans stories and bi stories, hardly just gay is it?

2. Pink news is called Europes largest Gay news network maybe they need to rename it

3. I gree a bit of renaming would be good

3. “the star said he never had a moment’s doubt that he was supposed to be a man.”

What star are we talking about?

Because Chaz Bono is certainly not a star. His mother is a star. He’s built a career entirely out of being her offsprinng.

1. Ian Bower 9 May 2011, 3:59pm

Star-ett possibly ;-)

1. At least by being a visible lesbian activist then trans man he’s done some good.

2. dave wainwright 9 May 2011, 7:02pm

Chaz is a STAR in Trans circles and amongst Trans people .

3. I agree wholeheartedly, David. I’d never heard of him, (or Chastity), until I read this article. I certainly know his parents though.
      He is famous purely for being the child of famous parents.

4. proudtrans 9 May 2011, 4:16pm

What a wonderful and uplifting news item. If only more young people realized the truth about themselves and didn’t struggle with the concept of lesbian or gay sexual orientation. In reality far more people born into the wrong gender. Well done Chas, you’re a star.

1. Great Post…AND I too Applaud HIM!! He’s a star to me for what he did and also to many other people like him.

5. What a total & utter freak that/it is.

1. Chutneybear 9 May 2011, 4:27pm

Look at your name, stupid <unt

1. Yeah,I can read my name thanks.Doesnt change the fact that IT/THAT is a total & utter freak.FACT.

1. oh darling, I think you’re on the wrong news site. try daily mail maybe? they might like you there. x

1. Yes, The Daily Mail… the paper for those too stupid to hate without help.

2. Helen Wilson 9 May 2011, 5:12pm

I think anyone like you who has such little understanding of the equality of the common humanity we all share is the FREAK.

Come back when you find some humanity

3. “Yeah,I can read my name thanks.Doesnt change the fact that IT/THAT is a total & utter freak.FACT.”

Why is it the obviously illiterate, less education, and less intelligent, always come out with the “facts”?

2. theotherone 9 May 2011, 7:03pm

‘What a total & utter freak that/it is.’

And what an idiot you are friend.

3. @Golliwog

If you cannot see why your name is offensive, as suggested, try the DailyMail blogs.

This is the wrong site for you!

6. Chutneybear 9 May 2011, 4:28pm

Fair play to him. :) As long as he is happy….always wondered how his dangly bits would work though

1. google it, there’s tonnes of info out there :)

2. WHo cares?? It’s what we see and how he sees himself that’s important.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:02am

Well Dom, what i see is a sad frustrated morbidly obese woman, who has never been happy with her lot and is constantly trying the next idea in a bid to gain respect and love of someone incapable of giving it, Cher Bono, who herself is on a never ending battle with her lot and life.

1. theotherone 10 May 2011, 2:57pm

You can see what you like paddy but I’m afraid you’re wrong – objectively wrong.

He has met criteria put in place to define who should and should not receive Hormones.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 6:39pm

That criteria being the size of her Mummys pocket book.

2. theotherone 10 May 2011, 7:12pm

whatever paddy.

Just go off and play now like a good boy.

3. @theotherone, I hear you. The cretin has acute verbal diarrhoea…. it would be tolerable if it was even remotely funny, but he has all the wit of a bin liner.

7. You do know that this news article is going to attract neanderthal American trolls to the website. Can’t we just ban America using IP addresses? I’ve seen the way they speak about this person and nobody should have to read it.

I

1. You don’t have to look to the US for neanderthal trolls Alex, plenty here in the UK. Also Americans are surely entitled to comment on this site considering the majority of stories normally relate to bigotry in the US and we in the UK are given carte blanche to comment.

8. Just don’t get why trans people get put in the same group as gay people. LGBT. LGB is sexual orientation. T is genetics. Odd.

1. So they didn’t have to go it alone! Being different…I was happy they joined the “movement” I’m proud to stand next to my brothers and sisters as GLBT OR LGBT whatever..

2. Because anyone who is trans is either entering or coming from the LGB community, they arn’t exclusive from each other, and the two groups have been interlinked since the very beginning, since stonewall.

Also if T is genetics then so is LGB. it’s all to do with the brain., gender expression and sexual orientation have been confused inter linked and related to eachother is alot of way but also not in some. The other thing is, when a gay man gets called a sissie or a tranny there’s a cross over, when a trans man gets called a dyke, there’s a cross over.

1. So its basically about being a minority. I guess easily justified but also easily argued.

2. No it’s about being a minority with it’s roots coming from the same place, and the same liberation movement. Also Alot of trans people are gay, should they not be able to fight for their rights to be a gay, and to be recognized as their correct gender? Alot of trans people support their other trans friends who may or may not be LGB so in the end we all come from something that’s very interlinked, ands I’m proud to be part of such a diverse and rich community that has come a hell of a long way but still has a ways to go and I want to stand arm in arm with trans and bio men and women and everything in between all the alphabet lgbtqiig……….., w’re stronger together and if we don’t have to fight for anything anymore I think we still need to remember our roots and that we all come from the same place and not alienate ourselves from eachother.

3. Paddyswurds 9 May 2011, 10:00pm

@Paul…
      ……. Hear,Hear!!

1. Its the same way, Paddy, that people like me get lumped into the same group with small minded bigots like you, simply becuase I’m gay and so are you, I suppose.

1. @ Will – Hear hear. Hypocrites like him are usual the ones having a little hissy fit over gay equality, but then like to demean, abuse, and insult other minorities.

Paddy, you’re a vile little fool.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:09am

@Tom….
            ….I am sooo annoyed that You should have an opinion on me…..not !
            The trans crowd do enough to demean, abuse, and insult themselves. What i said is the sad reality of their lives and I am not going to dish out plaudits and placebos just because a non person like you might find it Un -PC to point out the sad reality!!

2. And what I said is the sad reality of your life. Don’t like being called a bigot, do you? Then go and fcuking educate yourself, and spare us the stupid comments, there’s a good boy.

3. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 2:33pm

Being called schoolyard names hold no fear for me, especially when they come from the villiage idiot, who resorts to foul language when he knows his adversary is intellectually superior. I dont quite know what you think one should educate ones self on that might change anything one have already said on this thread. I still think these people are sadly deluded if they think mutilation and hormones will sort their heads or make them what they can never ever be. All they will get is physical and mental pain for the rest of their lives.

4. You’re comments do not necessitate intelligent responses, Paddy, they deserve ridicule. Tom as addressed you in the manner that suits you best, I think.

5. theotherone 10 May 2011, 2:59pm

Paddy: you are not intellectually superior to a stone.

And a stupid stone at that.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:23pm

Therone …
            …don’t you have some hormon pills you need to be taking??

7. Perhaps you should take pills, paddy, might help you be one bit less the offensive b!tch you really are.

8. theotherone 10 May 2011, 7:52pm

No thanks paddy – I took them this morning.

4. Paul, how do you know LGB isn’t genetic? And who proved T is genetic?

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:20am

No-one has yet proved that Trans is genetic but trans themselves have said, loudly, its all in their head.
        A few years therapy therefore, instead of the awful physical and mental pain of surgical mutilation would probabley sort most of them out for what the reality is .
        They are Gay men or gay women who are appalled by the thought of being gay and so try to prove that in reality they are the opposite gender in the wrong body.
        What is going on with someone who discovers they are Gay after the mutilation is beyond sad and needs further lenghtly research.

1. Helen Wilson 10 May 2011, 12:20pm

Just some of the over 15 years worth of medical research into the brains of trans people, its not a genetic issue its about natural variance just like being left/right handed or even ambidextrous its a natural variance that occurs in us all in this case as a result of the exposure to hormones in the womb. A sudden spike in say oestrogen while brain development is takes place can result in a baby with a female brain in a male body. The reverse is also true and that’s why 1 in 2000 children is born intersexed.

2. Helen Wilson 10 May 2011, 12:25pm

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain. There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

3. Helen Wilson 10 May 2011, 12:29pm

White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study. – Rametti et al, J Psychiatr Res. 2010 Jun 8.

CONCLUSIONS: Our results show that the white matter microstructure pattern in untreated FtM transsexuals is closer to the pattern of subjects who share their gender identity (males) than those who share their biological sex (females). Our results provide evidence for an inherent difference in the brain structure of FtM transsexuals.

4. Helen Wilson 10 May 2011, 12:36pm

A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality

TRANSSEXUALS have the strong feeling, often from childhood onwards, of having been born the wrong sex. The possible psycho-genie or biological aetiology of transsexuality has been the subject of debate for many years. Here we show that the volume of the central subdivision of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc), a brain area that is essential for sexual behaviour, is larger in men than in women. A female-sized BSTc was found in male-to-female transsexuals. The size of the BSTc was not influenced by sex hormones in adulthood and was independent of sexual orientation. Our study is the first to show a female brain structure in genetically male transsexuals and supports the hypothesis that gender identity develops as a result of an interaction between the developing brain and sex hormones.

I think all this science proves you wrong Paddy

5. Thanks for posting all this info, Helen. People need to educate themselves. Including me.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 2:47pm

@heen.
            .No Helen I am not wrong as your entire post proved. I said, if you look again, that i accept that the whole trans thing is in the head/brain. I accept as well that my point about them being gay and unable to accept that may be wrong. But that does not change my experience of the majority of trans who i have met in my 60 years, and that is that they were all rabidly homophobic. I never tho, met a trans who admitted to being gay but also accept that they do exist altho that seems ironic to say the least. Thank you for your informative and mature comment. It is refreshing to encounter debate on these threads instead of what emanates from the majority of the trolls posting abuse of commentators.

1. theotherone 10 May 2011, 3:02pm

Odd then that I’m a Lesbian paddy.

Odd also that a high proportion of Transpeople are not Heterosexual but why should reality get in the way of your rants eh?

1. He’s a fool. Plain and simple. Now he’s got his panties in a twist because everyone has pointed it out to him the stupidity of his transphobic comments. Poor silly little Paddy.

2. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:27pm

theo
            …..you don’t know what you are and thats a fact. However i know that you are an idiot who thinks that cheap jibes and abuse are intelligent debate.

3. Oh, yes, as opposed to bigoted, low-brow, and ill-informed transphobic remarks, they are SUCH intelligent debate, aren’t they. Everyone seems to agree too. Do you even listen to the sh!te you come out with?

4. theotherone 10 May 2011, 8:13pm

I know what I’m not paddy: a bigoted, hate filled little bowl of bile.

What’s wrong? Did some wicked Transperson knock back your cheesy cock?

5. Tony Lambert 10 May 2011, 8:16pm

Ignore him, he’s clearly not worth the effort. Ignorance is its own burden to carry.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 10:40pm

@TOM, WILL, CMYB,Linda, rapture, eddy2 and whatever other silly tag you can come up with. Why do you use so many tags. It must be so tiring trying to remember who you currently are so you don’t end up arguing with yourself. So many split personalities indicate a sus psychosis. Are you in the care of a mental institution , and if so does your primary carer know you are using a computer?

7. Said the man who was apparently “Steve” for a while and then when he got caught out, came up with a stupid excuse and a conversation with himself about an iPad in a pub I believe? Was that what happened? Indeed, Paddy, we’re all the same person. We all do the silly petty things you do to make ourselves feel one bit less the basket case you really are. Grow up.

Oh, and wake up and smell the coffee, pops:- if the majority of people think your a small-minded, petty, ignorant fool, Occam’s razor dictates you probably are.

8. @Paddy actually I happen to know that half of these people deffinatly arent the same people as I’ve seen them talking on different posts and they only occasionally argue the same point the reason so many people disagree with you is because its offensive bullsh!t that has no place in the gay scene go vote for the BNP or someone equally hate filled

9. No offence but this “guy” is just an insult to lesbians, womyn and feminists all over the world. These traitors of womyn are nothing but scum. To give away your female gender and become a male is just absurd.

1. learn how to spell you bloody 2nd waver, oh and update ur ideology while ur at it

1. oh sorry *you* but seriously, womyn???

1. Also if I come across as offensive, well look. I’m a feminist, but i’m also an advocate of freedom and understanding. This person is a man, always has been mentally male, and they are now physically male too.
          Sorry if that means there’s less butch’s to go around, but would you rather have miserable women or happy men that understand womens issues because of their socialization in the world hm?
          and no matter how many women transition to male, there’ll always be enough lesbians, And before the word “essentialism” crops up..just..don’t, I’m tired of it

2. actually women is the hardcore feminist word as they don’t like to say the men in women

1. *Wymen

2. *Womyn – cant spell today :-S

2. theotherone 9 May 2011, 7:01pm

Jesus you been reading The Transexual Empire again?

you’re the insult to Women and Feminists.

1. Could you explain to me in what way that is even remotely true?

1. theotherone 9 May 2011, 7:24pm

Well given that they are quoting from long out of date Ideologies that where more about keeping Women in check and saying who could and could not be a Feminist then I think my comment is justified.

1. wait..was you’re comment in reply to lila?? *the way comments are layed out on here confuses me*

2. theotherone 9 May 2011, 7:40pm

Yes it was Lila :-)

Sorry to create confusion.

3. it’s fiiine blame me XD revision (procrastination) makes the eyes go blurry

4. theotherone 9 May 2011, 7:49pm

I’ve been infront of a computer all day too with me job :-)

2. ^^This! @lila…trans people are not ‘giving up’ their birth gender…it was assigned to them without asking at birth, they are just correcting people’s perceptions of their gender. Grow up and stop spouting filth.

3. Holy f–k, Lila back again with a rant against the male gender. What else do you do in your free time Lila? Write feminist poetry with your menstrual blood? Use your hymen as a whip to flagellate yourself on the steps of the No.10 as a protest against men being allowed to vote? You know you can use your placenta as a source of iron and vitamins which saves you going to the shop round the corner from you owned by a MAN to buy food.

1. Spanner1960 9 May 2011, 8:10pm

Didn’t you know all men are potential rapists?
        She fcuking wishes. :)

1. LOL! Indeed, having sex with her would be criminal on the grounds of engaging in carnal knowledge with those of acute mental difficulties as outlined Mental Capacity Act.

2. LMAO Spanner, dunno who’d be up to the job though. The walls of her vagina are lined with scribbled protests and flyers advocating the chemical castration of all men.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:29pm

He/She doesn’t have a vag. Just an ugly hole where his cock used to be.

4. Poor Lila. She sounds like Valerie Solanos. SCUM = Society for Cutting Up Men.
      Get some help Lila before you do something as bad to a man as some man has obviously done to you.

5. ‘Womyn’? Oh, bless. Herstory isn’t dead, the 70s live on after all.

6. I’m a proud feminist woman and I don’t see the betrayal, to be honest. What is wrong with a man changing his body to feel more comfortable inside it? What’s wrong with men full stop? I doubt that Chaz doesn’t like women and has transitioned purely because he thinks men are better. Rather, he always has been a man, his body just hasn’t matched up.

10. ANYWAY, back to the actual story, we saw the documentary at the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival recently and it was really good, highly recommend it. Not particularly indepth or challenging, or that slick, but as one of the first trans-men high profile docs I can think of to hit the main-stream, I think it is good that it is quite “generally palatable” as it has more chance or reaching a wider audience. Well worth watching, try and see it if you can.

11. Paddyswurds 9 May 2011, 10:17pm

Just exactly how is this a man. The reality is that Chastity Bono is a woman who has had a double mastectomy and stuffs her body with testosterone for the rest of her life in a vain attempt to appear as a man, but what ever she tries the reality is she will always be a woman, just like the bearded freak in California who cant stop having children even tho she has supposedly transitioned. This also of course applies to those who go the other way in an attempt to become a woman. These people are so homophobic that rather than admit that they are gay or lesbian the go to these extremes to be “straight”. Isn’t it time we cut this circus freak show loose from GLBs. No wonder society lumps us all into one almighty freak show……Grrrrrr

1. Please shut up with your bigotry, I’m a gay trans-woman. This means by your reasoning that I am heterophobic. My brain was wired up wrong, s–t happens. People like you can never experience what it’s like feeling trapped in the wrong body, it’s a horrible feeling and is made worse by people like you. If it wasn’t for trans people, stonewall and alot of your LGB rights wouldn’t exist. Trans-people are unfortunately for you here to stay because horrifically we have similar problems in society and also shockingly some of us are gay, lesbian and bi-sexual too.

1. Paddyswurds 9 May 2011, 10:51pm

@k….
        …..”a gay trans woman” how messed up are you?…. would you not have been better off staying a man?
        I’m not disputing the fact that there are people trapped in the wrong body, but the cruel reality remains that no matter how much surgery or hormones ingested they will still be either a man or a woman as long as they live.. Chastity Bono looks nothing like a man .She looks like a morbidly obese woman dressed in mens clothing, and when the ravages of time are through with her sha will look like a fat old woman in drag. A circus freak show in other words. Yeukkkk!!

1. For the love of god, shut up, you’re an embarrassment. You scream like a little b!tch for tolerance for gay people, and you come out with bigotry like that?!?!?! Get an education around transgender mate, and until you do, fcukoff out of a gay site. Bad enough we have the religious bigots without Neanderthals like you. The onty circus freaks we have in the gay community are fcuked up gay bigots like you – and you’re right, “Yeukkkk!!”

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 2:57pm

will………who exactly is this “god” you express the love for. And as for embarrassment….im not the one referring to imaginary deities or indeed unrealistic tripe about those who imagine mutilating their bodies will make them what they can never be.
            Also get it out of your illiterate skull that i am somehow your “mate”. Not if you were the last life form on the planet could i ever lower myself to your level of existence. Neandertals are certainly not extinct while you pollute the atmosphere with your fetid breath.

2. Oh, I assure you Paddy, on vermin like you I use the term “mate” in the most facetious way possible. Just when I think a bottom feeder like you can’t sink any lower, there you go and display a dazzling array of brain numbing bigotry to surprise me. Brava!

2. I second that. Paddyswurds, shut up you twat.

3. I third that. What more can you say to such hateful comments.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 10:20am

@Eddy 2….
            ……you could try debate. Refute anything i said with studied debate. I defy you to point one word of what i said that isn’t, sadly, reality…. I don’t set out to hurt but a large dose of reality is sorely needed. And i stand by my assertion that most trans are rabidly homophobic in an attempt to be “normal”. Even though they will loudly protest and say it isn’t so, the majority of trans who go all the way with genital surgery are not happy with it afterwards and spend the rest of their lives popping pills to deal with the physical and mental pain, not to mention the towering frustration of being sexually unsatisfied and unfulfilled..

2. @Paddyswurds – I don’t believe that there is any way we can debate with you effectively. We’re all aware that you think trans people are just unhappy repressed gay people, we know you’re not prepared to take anything from the numerous studies that find genital surgery to be a good thing for the vast majority of patients who request it, and we understand that you have views about the nature of gender identity that don’t really gel with the experiences of many of us here. If you’re not persuaded by the scientific evidence, the medical consensus, or the actual lived experiences of trans people, then there’s not much we can do to improve your understanding of this stuff. You might try reading over some of the material at http://www.derailingfordummies.com/ though – it seems relevant to your general approach to this issue.

3. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 3:12pm

@Sally…
            ……Thank you for your non abusive comment .Refreshing to say the least and i have accessed and bookmarked the page you linked to. I will take the time to read it later, perhaps i can learn something from it.
            I do not take issue with anything you said except the point about the surgery. Why is it that the only people we ever hear from from the trans community have All said it didn’t solve their problems and that allthey got from it was physical pain and mental anguish.??
            As for my general approach to this “stuff”. It is colored by my experience of the majority of trans who i have met and that was that they all were rabidly homophobic and all seemed to resent my ease and happiness with my sexuality to a point of hating me for it.

4. “Why is it that the only people we ever hear from from the trans community have All said it didn’t solve their problems and that allthey got from it was physical pain and mental anguish.??”

I’m not sure where you’ve heard this, but I wonder whether it might not come from the tran community so much as what the media would like to characterise as the trans community. “Transsexual regrets icky op!!” seems to be a favourite scoop for certain elements of the press, and there are a small handful of unfortunate people who wish they hadn’t ungone surgery (as there are for just about any big medical procedure) who get wheeled out every time they want to run such a story. The fact remains that these are anecdotal stories favoured by a media that knows how easy it is to play on many people’s disgust towards trans people. All of the studies suggest that regret rates are actually very low indeed, lower than they are for a number of common medical procedures.

Continued….

5. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had bad experiences with certain homophobic trans people. I’m aware that some trans people have issues with gay people, in the same way that some gay people have issues with trans people. The relationship between the two groups hasn’t always been a bed of roses. But homophobia doesn’t have to be a feature of being trans any more than transphobia needs to be a feature of being gay. I guess I’m lucky to have never met a homophobic trans person – I know a good number of trans people, but generally through queer activism as a united whole. I feel that we work better that way, as natural allies, than when we’re bickering over identities that don’t threaten or invalidate each other, seriously. I only wish that you’d had similar experiences of the trans community to my own. I hope that, through listening to one another, we can resolve these arguments rather than letting them escalate and continue the whole unfortunate cycle.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 5:29pm

@Sally
            ….again thank you for a level headed non busive comment Sally..
            While my comments heretofore may be construed a hating Trans, that is actually not the case. I hate no-one but do have issues with trans homophobia. I am aware that my language may be hurtful to some but they are what i consider to be the reality of the situation. Neither am I transphobic. I have fear of no-one and never have. It is the way of a lot of the less intellectual of the posters on these threads to scream transphobia when they are bereft of any ideas for debate which is most of the time.. I am always open to intelligent debate and am very open to the sort of comments made by Helen Wilson above and yourself. The others are tiresome distractions from what one wants to know and discuss. Thank you again and feel free to post links where one can become more enlightened on this tragic subject.

7. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 5:31pm

errata
            ………….abusive** obv

8. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 5:33pm

errata
            …abusive.* obv.

9. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:32pm

I fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh it and on ad nauseum…..Childish twits.

10. Great comment. Really funny, Paddy.

Why not run along and go to mass, you’ll find loads of “intellectual” people there like you, who share your bigoted “outlook” in life. You can even continue you’r little tantrum there too. Win-Win, eh?

11. Oh, look, another one of his comments. Wow, he’s desperate to reply to everyone, isn’t he? Must have gotten right up his nose. Shows him up for the looser he is.

12. I’m glad to hear that you’re willing to learn about trans perspectives, Paddyswurds. Here are a couple of links that I feel will be most likely to improve your understanding of this topic….

Julia Serano is a trans activist whose academic background, like mine, is in biology. She’s adept at deconstructing people’s conception of “biological women” and “biological men”, concepts that just don’t stand up to the science, as far as actual biologists are concerned. She challenges the idea that trans men aren’t “real men”, and that trans women aren’t “real women”, and provides a good background to the challenges and abuses that trans people face. Her book, “Whipping Girl”, is highly recommended if you can find it, but she also has a few articles on her site, http://www.juliaserano.com/

[Cont…]

13. Questioning Transphobia – http://www.questioningtransphobia.com/ – is an excellent blog which examines not only transphobia but what Serano would call cissexism too, and also considers all sorts of other political issues in this area. Its Trans 101 section (look down the right-hand column – the 101 articles are linked near the bottom of the main page) is particularly incisive.

2. Your comments are vile and inhuame Paddy, but I almost feel bad for you for trying your utmost hardest to have your existence noticed on this site, along with several of your sockpuppets. It’s a weak and pitiful attempt at trolling, but you do get responses, so I suppose that’s all that matters to you at the end of the day. Please enjoy this one.

3. Paddy is proper scum I ignore it

1. Wow. I though his last comment above was bad, but now I can only think this Paddy animal is anything but gay. What gay man would start demeaning another minority like that? And he’s here flaunting his bigotry and lack of education like he’s proud of it? He must be a troll.

2. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 3:15pm

@James!…
        ….and no-one knows that better than you, eh?

4. Society labelled us criminals (freaks) way before the trans community and the gay community got together to fight for equality. You might think if gays and lesbians fought on their own for equality the bigots would accept us, but that’s because you’re naive about the bigots, not because you’re right. Your comment reveals more about your own confused gender/sexuality issues than anything that might be going on in someone’s mind who is trans

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 10:48am

@eddytwo…
        …Your comment reveals more about your own confused gender/sexuality issues”….perhaps you could enlighten me then with you learned insight as to what those issues might be.
        On the contrary i am a gay man of advanced years, who has had an ongoing happy relationship wit a man 22 years my junior. I am entirely at ease with my sexuality which i have been aware of since i was 6 years old and am out since i was 17. I dont dabble in drugs or alcohol, nor do i troll cottages or “darkrooms” and i have a wide and varied circle of friends Gay and straight, male and female. Analyse that and lets see what your learned mind makes of it. Oh and by the way i have nothing to hide nor do i have any regrets about my life well lived.

1. fcuk off paddy no one wants you here

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 1:31pm

can’t remember asking your permission, cottage troll.

2. He doesn’t need it. Certainly not some a small minded bigoted old fart like you with delusions of an intelligent opinion.

3. cottage troll lol project much?

4. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 3:21pm

@tom…
            …just as i don’t need his permission or indeed yours to comment as and where i please. Intelligent or not at least i do comment on the story, unlike those who do nothing but post abuse of those they perceive (and indeed are ) to be intellectually superior. The English school system has a lot to answer for, Tom.

5. When you make one, just one, intelligent remark without your nonsensical bigotry, then that last comment is valid. Until then, you’re delusional.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 5:09pm

@Tom
            ….When you make one, just one, intelligent remark without your nonsensical bigotry, then that last comment is valid. Until then, you’re delusional.

…how utterly pathetic. Is that the best you can do?. Kinda reflects your life and confirms my comment.

7. LOL! Reflects “my life”? Yeah, more intelligent and less of a petty minded bigot than yours. I’ll take mine over yours anyday, bigot, cheers.

2. Advanced in age, but clearly not in wisdom.

1. You think?

3. Paddy, I think I touched a nerve there didn’t I, ‘freak’, is that what they make you feel like where you live?
          You might not troll cottages or darkrooms, is that why you spend so much time trolling pinknews? Or do you make that claim because you think gay guys who go to darkrooms are also ‘freaks’? Do you think someone who drinks or dabbles in drugs has issues, whereas because you don’t (even though you mentioned a few weeks ago you were off to have a spliff – liar) then you’re perfectly okay?
          btw, how are ‘the ravages of time feeling for you now you’re over 60?’ feeling like ‘a fat old man in drag?’ Is that what your 22 years younger partner says to you? But if you think I’m going to spend 1 minute of my life trying to enlighten you, forget it. I’ve given you all the advice you need before – go and talk to the sheep in the field you live in, like the film ‘babe’, you might learn that sometimes cute little pigs help sheep. And gays helps trans. It’s called compassion.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 1:41pm

I don’t need your infantile advice, but if you are offering advice give it to the deluded trans you want compassion for. Tell them to be less homophobic and more importantly tell them the stark truth.

2. A silly generalisation, Paddy. I have never met a homophobic trangender. Maybe they just don’t like a sad old fool with a younger boyfriend to make them feel less worthless? Just throwing that out there.

3. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 2:01pm

you are seriously deluded if you imagine you could ever touch a “nerve” with me. I am no freak nor have i ever been called one or made to feel like one. As for trolling Pink News, apply that little titbit to your own life; you are here as much as i am. i am self employed and this computer is always on in my office so it is hardly “trolling” And yes “darkrooms” are for trolls who couldn’t possibly get their end away if they weren’t hidden in the dark. So yes, freaks.
            Having a spl!ff is hardly dabbling in drugs and drink is only for fools.
            Time has not raqvaged me (yet) and hopefully will be kind in its progress,; it has so far. I am neither fat ugly or feel the need to wear the clothing of a woman. men who love men don’t want pseudo women. Finally we do live in rural idyll and the birds wakes us in the morning with their dawn chorus, to the clean and peaceful countryside and we are forever grateful that we are not condemed to the travesty which masquerades as life in British cities.

4. “Having a spl!ff is hardly dabbling in drugs and drink is only for fools.”

Oh, so you set the bar on what is classified as “drugs” and who is a fool for using a legal substance (unlike hash) like alcohol, do you?

You sounds like those religious fool, pick and choose what laws you deem “acceptable” and in the same breath condemn others? You pathetic moron.

5. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 3:34pm

@tom
            …..Maybe they just don’t like a sad old fool with a younger boyfriend to make them feel less worthless? Just throwing that out there.

Old may be somewhat descriptive of me if that is what 60 is nowadays, but sad and fool are certainly not words anyone who knows me would choose to describe me or my life.
            If being relaxed happy and at ease with my sexuality and “younger boyfriend” makes anyone feel worthless that is their problem, certainly not mine.

6. I notice the way you conveniently sidestepped your absurd “I don’t do drugs, only hash” comment.

Only reconfirms what I know, bigots tend to be hypocrites. And not altogether too bright.

7. Poor paddy, I feel sorry for him.

8. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:35pm

……….you couldnt touch your nose without a mirror, idiot….

9. I see “Steve” is still going full steam on his little hissy fit? Lovely.

10. I think you’re right Linda. He seems desperate to get some kind of witless “last word” in, as it that will somehow validate the gormless twit. Desperate acts, by desperate people. Someone need to give him his pills.

4. I am appalled at Paddyswurds comments. Have we let some of our newly found freedoms go to our head so now we can start discriminating against and stereotyping others? Count me out, I won’t become the type of bigot I have stood up to all my life.

5. theotherone 10 May 2011, 3:05pm

what a ar5e you are Paddy

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 3:26pm

…where is your comment on the story or are you intellectually unable to construct a one ? Abuse has always and aparrantly still is your only contribution to anything including your own sad life.

1. Get over yourself, you fool. You made an arse out of yourself, everyone has pointed it out, now do the decent thing and just fcukoff, instead of boring us with your witless remarks and unschooled intellect.

1. LOL @Will. Couldn’t agree more!

1. Say Tom and Will, the ridiculous ageists who try to give others moral lessons on discrimination.

1. Oh, marvellous comment Andy. Just was we need, another apologise for Paddy.

2. Andy, so you agree with Paddyswurds transphobia comments, or did Paddyswurds remember to change his avatar this time, after the fiasco when he was “Steve” as well?

3. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 6:54pm

@will
            ….apologist. obv.

4. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 6:57pm

@LInda
            ….just exactly what would be the point of posting under defferent tags? Anything i have to say i will say it under my own tag.
            Now get back to the kitchen and leave this to the men folk!!

5. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:05pm

@Andy
            …..Don’t you know that Tom and Will and at least four others are all the same ignorant troll. They have not contributed one sentence to this thread except intellectually bereft abuse of any poster they perceive to have an opinion whether they agree or indeed understand it or not. Genuine trans on the thread have made an effort to be enlightening of me and a couple of others who posted what could be construed as transphobic comment.
            So don’t waste your time responding to this troll who is probably a work shy waster on benefits and living in run down social housing, with nothing else to do but post rubbish.

2. Linda, no I don’t agree with Paddy. In fact, not only is he transphobic, but he is also homophobic, as you can see in his inability to see the point of somebody transitioning from a “male” to a “female” body in case she is a lesbian. (See his answer to a previous poster).

The point is: I am sick and tired of seeing casual ageism thrown around in this place. Everytime an older person says something, age is brought up in a derogatory manner, usually by people who seem very offended by other discriminations.

1. Andy, I see your point. But sometimes the reference to “an old fool” is precisely that, not ageism. With age is supposed to be wisdom, and its quite sad when a man of 60+ is coming out with this tired and jaded stereotypes. Has he learned nothing? Seems so. But you’re point is well taken, and I retract any reference I made in that area.

2. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:02pm

@Tom
            …only a coward wont stand over his comments. Don’t you expect to reach 60 yourself? You’re such an idiot you probably wont as you will probably get run over by a bus or maybe even a mobility scooter.

3. Fair enough Andy. Glad you’re not giving support to that awful individual.

I’m amazed he’s still trying to dish out childish insults. If it was me, I’d just be embarrassed. Maybe stupid people don’t experience shame?

4. *ROLL EYES* Give it a rest Paddy. Read the comments. Its generally accepted here you’re a buffoon of an individual. Move on.

5. Oh, the fool bit still applies Paddy. Very apt, I assure you. Having a little tantrum now are we? What a delight you are. Do amuse us more, with your Cirque du Fool antics.

3. No, what you need to do is apologise. For being a fool. Its okay, we understand. You’re making an effort. Now tell us where you learned your lesson.

4. Yeah, like that time you were “Steve” and then messed it up by being too stupid to change your avatar? Yeah, great excuse. We ALLLLL believed you.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:07pm

yawn………

2. You impersonated anther name and forgot to change your avatar?????? LOL! Oh, classic!!!!! Is there any need for more proof that you are an idiot?

3. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:12pm

linda
            “ROLL EYES” you seriously think i pay heed to the rubbish you and the others post on this or any thread.
            ….there are only three commentators on this thread worth reading the rest are intellectually bereft idiots who are unable to comment except to scream nonsensical abuse.

4. Still going? Great. Maybe you should just post under “Steve” again? Then at least one perosn will agree with your, bigot.

5. Broken record.

6. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:39pm

no look again it is my own name . Teaching Englysh to will is such a drag.

7. I assure you, you have nothing to teach Will or anyone else here. Here, why not run along and put a pillow case over your head and burn a cross, that’ll take you down from your little tantrum? Yeah?

8. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:43pm

tom
            i’m going nowhere, pet!! If for no other reason than to teach y’all englysh, eh Will?

9. LOL….

Ah, yes. Now we have it. The paranoia. Its always comes with these types. Clearly not everyone could think you an utter fool, so it must be different people. Of course, its all a big conspiracy. Does that help with the shame, paddy?

Carry on with the childish taunts, it only proves to the rest of us what a debase bottom feeder you are, Paddy.

12. Why is that every single story/ comment/ post on trans people or issues on Pinknews devolves into a fight where transfolk have to justify not only their inclusion into glbTi space but have to fight to be recognised as their true gender or even their actual right to exist. Why do people think it’s ok to post hate filled diatribes in trans related comment space.
    It’s like hetero people attacking gays in gay spaces. People here know what that feels like and should know better but apparently not.

1. Gwen, not everyone thinks like that, certainly not me. Alas, bigots then to be attracted to the pseudo-bravery and anonymity the internet efforts to shout their “views” form the rooftop.

2. Gwen, I think a lot of the bigotry is due to absolute ignorance. There are some really horrible comments above and I don’t get why anyone would write such things. It’s OK to question, yes, but some of the comments above went WAY beyond that.
      To question trans people in that way and imply they must be ‘wrong’ is just as insulting as a straight person saying that gay people must be weird because they personally would never fancy someone of the same gender.
      I’m glad Chaz Bono is finally at ease with himself and I commend his honesty about his feelings.

3. The haters are, I reckon, driven by ignorance and an unassailable belief in the rightness of their own opinion, no matter how deluded. Just like all bigots, in other words. I’m fairly sure they’re are in the minority, though.

1. “I’m fairly sure they’re are in the minority, though.”

I hope so. Looking at the degenerate comments from those who claim to be gay on this forum, depresses my belief in humanity as a sentient and intelligent species.

1. Really? And your comments regarding age, don’t they depress you?

1. No. Why?

2. Andy, its not a story about age. It’s a good story about a trans man, and paddy is being virulently transphobic. But I guess you are too, why else would you not say a word about paddy’s hateful transphobia whilst calling someone else ageist?

2. Rachel, I agree. There seems to be no shortage of ignorance here, and those who will jump at the chance to support the transphobic comments of others.

4. Thanks everyone and thank you to all those that defended us. :-)
      Your acceptance makes a huge difference.

1. Tony Lambert 10 May 2011, 8:13pm

Ignore the one or two that seem to have problems with it, small minds and all, we’re used to bigotry on these threads anyway. Its not as if it affects them either way. Listen to the supportive comments, they’re they future of the gay community.

13. I am very amused by some of the comments on here. Especially Paddy’s assertion that trans people are homophobes who are trying to be “normal”. Um… LOL! This may be the case for some people, but everyone’s different even in the trans community (SHOCK we aren’t a flock of sheep!) Personally I would have been considered straight as a girl. But was always a gay man in my head. How on earth then in my case does my transitioning make me wanna be normal? I’m a sci-fi geek, I’ll NEVER be normal ;) Also I’m not sexually unsatisfied FYI. My sex life is wicked thanks, never been better!

e don’t have to justify ourselves on here Gwen. Nobody has to justify themselves. Besides people like this “Paddy” are just too funny!

14. Wow. A lot of work yet to do on acceptance among gays of trans people. I’m shocked by some of the comments here.

1. Tony Lambert 10 May 2011, 8:11pm

Yeah, and I think most are coming from people who call themselves gay. A lot of messed up folk here.

15. Helen Wilson 10 May 2011, 5:08pm

Why is it whatever the the article is about it end up in us as trans people justifying our very existence?

The CIS gendered population cant move past the very basic fact that we do exist.

Get over it already.

1. OrtharRrith 10 May 2011, 5:46pm

I don’t think they will Helen, they want to cling to this bit of bigotry like a baby clings to a comfort blanket.

This thread and those like it make depressing reading for transpeople who are yet again having to step up and defend ourselves from unjustifiable attacks. I know plenty of gay people, I myself am bi; yet reading the likes of Paddyswurds comments I have to force myself to remember that most gay people are not like him (twisted, bitter and I think just a little dead inside). I for one am very grateful to those cisgender folk who have stood up against Paddy and his ilk in this thread and others, it’s appreciated.

1. Anyone who has half a shred of decency will stand up to these people. Paddy-worst is the bottom of the pile, thankfully not indicative of the rest of the gay community I hope.

1. Agreed Linda, when you sit back and let the likes of Paddy-whats-his-face have his little bigot-tirade, you give them more merit then they deserve. Bigots like him need to be stood up to again and again by civilised people.
          Its just embarrassing for me personally that low life scum like he is, is apparently Irish. A very small minority here, I assure you.

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 7:49pm

will
            …..Bigots like him need to be stood up to again and again by civilised people.
            _______________

Isn’t it a great pity there aren’t any civilised people on these pages then, Uncle Tom.!!

2. Paranoia is a lifestyle choice for you, isn’t it Paddy? Sure, it it makes you feel one bit less the fool you are, yeah, we’re all Tom. Isn’t that right Steve? Tell me, what’s it like to be so reviled and repugnant?

3. Ignore him Will. He’s behaving like a 4 year old in tantrum. Bad enough to be a bigot, but a childish one as well. Oh-oh. Does that make me Tom as well? Damn!

4. Yeah, I know. But it does amuse me to watch him getting all upset and lashing out, all because he was shown up to be a transphobic bigot. Bigotry is the recourse of a weak mind, after all.

Oh, wait a minute, does this mean I’m talking to myself, or am I Tom and you’re not, or are you Tom too, or what’s the bloody story? LOL :)

5. Whatever “Tom” ;)

6. theotherone 10 May 2011, 8:21pm

am I ‘tom’ too?

Jesus – I thought my name was Elizabeth

7. We’re all Tom, apparently. We’ll never be lonely again :)

8. theotherone 10 May 2011, 10:35pm

reminds me of a mental health inpatient a friend once worked with who said that they would feel lonely if they didn’t hear the voices.

9. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:15pm

whoosh…..straight over your empty head…My “uncle tom” was in reference to your anti irish rant., more akin to your occoupational English overlords than an Irishman. I have serious doubts that you are actually Irish tho, as the low level or lack of education would seem to indicate you went to school in an English inner city.

2. Anti-Irish? Are you stupid??? I am Irish, you fool. And for your reference, you stupid fcuk, an Uncle Tom is a derogatory term for a person of colour who is overly sub-serviant with authority.

As for the childish jibe on education, I assure you, I am certain I have far more university education than a piece of vermin filth like you.

You’re paranoia and stupidity not withstanding, no one here thinks you are anything but a piece of illiterate street trash, so really, think about it, who here cares what you “believe”? Not me.

You behave like a mentally imbalanced child. Its distressing to watch.

2. I think most LGB don’t understand transexuality. However, there are many things people don’t understand, and it is not our place to understand, but simply to accept and respect. It is a lack of respect to make other’s people lives a matter of debate.

I think the problem is that when people are called LGBT, then each one of the “letters” should supposed to understand the others, or it becomes uncomfortable to be called that. And that understanding can not be politically mandated.

Either way, this site is a LGBT site (owner said so), and it is disgraceful that trans people can not read something about themselves without being insulted.

16. Tony Lambert 10 May 2011, 8:09pm

WTF is going on with this thread? Its been hijacked by Paddyswurds and his bull. Ignore him for f*&#s sake, hes a troll.

And those who think trans people have it all in the mind, that is shown medically not the case. You think the medical profession would conduct so many corrective operations if it was a psychosis?

1. Paddyswurds 10 May 2011, 11:19pm

@ Tony Lambert

1. Paddy and anyone else who is transphobic, in an effort to try and heal your irrational phobia against those who are trans. Please tell me why you would hate someone so much who means you no harm? Why would you say such hideous things to another human being who has no problem with your way of life? Is your bigotry against trans because of religious beliefs? Is it because you’ve had a bad experience with someone who is trans? Is it because you don’t want bigots to think that you are trans because of the LGBT inclusive network? Is it because you have secret trans feelings that you repress because you are afraid of it? Is it because you think trans are freaks (which makes you feel ‘normal’)? Or is it because you’re just bitter? Why you would be so bothered and hate someone so much who is trans? Don’t you see how vile you are for being so hateful? Or maybe you just enjoy being cruel? I just don’t get it.

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 12:44am

@ Eddy 2..
          ….Im am none of the above except maybe that any trans i have met , from April Ashly on have all been rabidly homophobic. nor have i any problem with their way of life. Anything i have said has been said before by trans themselves. Anything i’ve said that can be refuted has been refuted by Helen Wilson and Sally and i accept what they have to say. But first and foremost i am a realist, and a lot of what i have said is realistic and the truth no matter how unpalatible it is to some who know nothing of the matter or indeed those who do. Why do you think a trans has to go through the lenghtly councilling before final transition. Because it is not the answer to their problems. I also accept that there are those for whom surgery has been somewhat of a success but they are a minority and thge majoruity spend the remainder of their lives in abject physical pain and misery. Quite a few even choose to end their lives soon after transition. cont………..

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 1:09am

….cont There will be those who will attempt to scream rubbish or transphobia, but they either dont know or are simply in denial. finally
            I am atheist.
            Gay, out and totally at ease with my sexuality.
            In a long term relationship.
            Not a druggie unless you count the odd spliff.
            Dont and never have drunk alcohol.
            Ivy League educated ( 5 degrees) in Masachussetts.
            Am a Rugby Union fan ( must be those tight shorts ).
            And am politically Center Left Liberal. Thats me warts and all and i call a crow a crow, whether that is going to get me brownie points or brickbats.
            Hope that goes some way to answering your questions Eddy2.

2. Paddy have you considered that with attitudes like yours that transfolk are simply reacting to YOU and not gay men. When you attack people they are not going to say “Oh how nice, what a nice man.” They are going to treat you exactly as you treat them….your hatred will be returned to you with interest.
            Look at the reaction from almost everyone here. It’s not that they don’t get your message. It’s that the reject your message as a transphobic rant and label you accordingly. You are creating your own destiny and people will hate you for what you say not for being gay.

3. “Not a druggie unless you count the odd spliff.”

Yeah, there’s a reason its referred to as “dope”, and you are case in point.

I see now Eddie he’s trying to convince us all he’s not the stupid bigot he has proven himself to be – just a regular guy, not stupid bigot at all. Oh, no. Like we care. Yawn.

4. Helen Wilson 11 May 2011, 10:58am

—————–

Gender reassignment is 97% successful only 3% are regretful, please do some proper research and not spout drivel. It sound like you have read quite a lot of the Julie Bindel unqualified rubbish and taken it in as fact, its not just rad fem propaganda.

Physical pain and misery is not being able to function even on a basic level as a human being because of gender dysphoria, I have the scars and self induced near death experiences to prove it. Its strange that once I decided to transition and live in my true gender all that is going and I am regaining my life.

5. Helen Wilson 11 May 2011, 11:03am

Pre GRS suicide attempts in trans people is around 41%, while post GRS it falls to just above the national average.

6. @ Paddyswurds

“Why do you think a trans has to go through the lenghtly councilling before final transition. Because it is not the answer to their problems.”

That’s not quite true. Trans people generally go through a lengthy period of psychiatric assessment, to ensure that we really are gender dysphoric, and not psychotic or delusional. Many of us do undergo counselling as well, although this will generally be to help us through the stress of transition and the associated problems we may experience. I chose to seek out a counsellor to help me through my disownment from my family on transition, but I didn’t need help working through any so-called “gender confusion” – because there wasn’t any. I’m comfortable with who I am, I just needed a leg-up dealing with the prejudice directed at people like me.

7. theotherone 11 May 2011, 11:10am

Ignore him, he’s not worth it.

When people are as sick and bigoted as him trying to relate your own pain and how you have overcame it just gives him a hard-on – he wants you to suffer.

2. @Paddyswurds

“………Read Sally’s comments above which would seem to contradict your “learned” opinion.
        The medical profession will do anything as long as there is plenty of money sloshing around.”

I’m not sure what I’ve said that seems to contradict Tony Lambert’s statement about the nature of trans people’s experiences, and I disagree with your assessment of the medical profession generally. If you’re able to direct me to whichever point of mine you’re referencing, maybe I can explain myself better…?

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 12:28pm

@Helen Wilson & Sally…
          ……Thank you both for your contributions. I only wish I had had access to the very enlightening info you both have proffered without the usual abuse and spite that passes for comment on this News Site. My sincerest apologies to you both if anything i have written caused you any pain or hurt. Somehow I suspect it didn’t and that you both recognised in my comments sincere held views altho they were entirely wrong and miscolored by the few trans i had met during my lifetime. Their homophobia was obviously not something that is endemic in the Trans community..
          I am glad I it stuck it out as I would have remained misinformed had I quit once the screaming nellies started.
          Again Thank You both sincerely for your patience.

1. theotherone 11 May 2011, 12:41pm

Buzz buzz…

I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry I was salivating over other’s suffering, I’m so sorry I called you freaks…

Whatever paddy.

buzz buzz

2. Well, at least he apologised, theotherone.

3. theotherone 11 May 2011, 1:22pm

An apology as shallow as a scab hole.

4. @ Paddyswurds – I’m glad to have been of some help. I won’t pretend that what you’ve said hasn’t hurt at times, but it does make things easier to know that I’m talking to someone who’s undergoing a learning process, rather than just being immovably bigoted. I hope your future crossing-of-paths with trans people will be easier all round.

5. Probably. Well, most bigots usually realise that they have to change their tune when it finally dawns on them that being a bigot won’t get you a clap on the back, but rejection by your peers and society at large. Its why bigots, from my own experience, tend to like the company of other bigots to validate their abusive manner without recrimination.After all, bigotry is the natural product of ignorance. Thankfully I think advocating prejudice and stereotyping is less and less socially acceptable…. although when you read this site, you can be forgiven for thinking otherwise…..

6. theotherone 11 May 2011, 2:04pm

Perhaps i am being disingenuous to Paddy, perhaps he really is sorry but something in the back of my mind keeps saying ‘don’t trust him if he’s in a dark alley with a Transperson.’

7. Uh hum i thought we agreed to ignore that sad muthakuka?

8. We are James, we’re discussing bigotry in general, and the role education has to play in addressing this ;)

17. theotherone 11 May 2011, 12:55am

Jesus is paddy still ranting?

He obviously has no life whatsoever. From Transphobic rants to paranoia (we’re all one person apparently) and rants about being Irish.

He was entertaining for a spell but he should just get off back under whatever rock he climbed from under.

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 1:15am

@Theo…
      …don’t you have something wrong with you that you want to whinge about, Old boy? meds wearing off again?. better double the dose. You are starting to halucinate again, as i don’t think i included you in the list of CMYB and raptures puppets.

1. theotherone 11 May 2011, 2:05am

*sigh*

I hear the incessant buzzing of a small fly.

1. Yes, and the result of a small buzzing flies tend to be a little prick…. how true.

1. theotherone 11 May 2011, 11:10am

I bet he does have a little price.

18. Hodge Podge 11 May 2011, 1:46am

God the comments on trans articles here are depressing

19. Paddy is clogging up the debae can we ignore him now?

1. Agreed James, he’s having a little huff right now becuase everyone (who in Paddy’s world view is “obviously” the same person – go figure) pointed out his a bigot. Poor Paddy.

1. theotherone 11 May 2011, 11:02am

I’m tom and so is my wife (it was tom wasn’t it? We where all tom? It’s so hard to keep track.)

2. You’re right James!. I wish I could ignore paddy on this thread and every other. He’s so bitter that I feel sorry for him tbh. I just felt for anyone who is trans having to read his hateful shlte. Poor paddy.

3. great let the cnut fcuk off and die

20. I’m not sure I like being the central persona for all you freaks who are apparently living in my head :)

21. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 10:33am

Well I think this little experiment has run it’s course and it’s time to draw the proverbial line. The exercise confirmed most of what we had suspected about this website and more importantly the dozen or so regular “contributers” and the one or two multiple personalities using it as their personal fifedom.
    ______________________

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2011, 10:34am

___________________________

2. We do love the histrionics of the paranoid bigots. Cheers for your invaluable and articulate contributions.