Gay friend of Boy George speaks out after attack

1. “His friends feared he was the victim of a homophobic attack, although police are looking at other motives.”

Well what a surprise. All the hoo-hah and it was probably just a personal vendetta against a man with a very nasty reputation.

1. Am intrigued Joe, do you know him personally? I’ve not heard about his nasty reputation.

1. I’ve seen him at clubs and am not the only person around to think him a rather viperous individual. Not that this excuses any violence done to him – I don’t personally agree with violence – but from the beginning of this story, I have thought it unsurprising that his tongue and trouble-making might bring some karma back to him.

We should also remember that his own friend, Boy George, has a criminal record and served time in prison for a violent attack on an escort. Not all crimes of violence against gay people are homophobic – some gays, like Boy George, violently attack other gays.

1. Well Joe if something bad is going to befall every vicious old queen luvvie, I’d be sticking to well lit streets if I were you.

2. Staircase2 6 May 2011, 4:28pm

I dont think you know what you are talking about.

I first started going out clubbing properly in the early 90s. Philips was a regular face on the scene and was always a complete gentleman going quietly about his business.

I have NEVER experienced nor witnessed a single ‘nasty reputation’ moment from him. He has always been the epitome of quiet, English gentility whenever I have seen him out.

Im appalled that Pink News doesnt monitor these comment boards. But I have reported your comment as it is slanderous.

1. I’ve alway thought Philip a bit quiet and retiring too tbh, I dunno Joe, you may be thinking of a different club regular? As for Pink News monitoring comments- it depends how many staff are available to keep the show going.

2. Jock S. Trap 9 May 2011, 5:50pm

Sadly I think some people are jealous of other peoples success.
        There is no excuse for violence Joe. If you don’t like don’t be there, walk away.

It’s simple.

3. A Nifty Guy 9 May 2011, 6:04pm

I feel the same.. I only started going out on London’s scene after moving here after uni in 2004 and until now had no idea who Philip was. I’ve met him several times and he was always quite sweet and charming… whatever vivienne westwood he was wearing was always an easy way to strike up a conversation.. :-) anyway it’s only now that I realise I was speaking with someone who has quite a history on London’s club scene and I’m deeply saddened to see this has happened. Whatever the case he always struck me as being interesting, chatty and quite pleasant.

3. dave wainwright 6 May 2011, 6:14pm

I have been approached by Phillip when OUT CLUBBING and found him to be a charming and perfect gentleman, it maybe that your personal fears and prejudices are working overtime , it appears that you are seeing a reflection of your own inherent vitriol and not Phillip.

4. If you have any information Joe then you should inform the police – I don’t know this guy he may be an evil queen it does not mean its acceptable to physically attack him.

i hope you make a speedy recovery Philip

2. Umm…Philip Sallon is more than just a friend of Boy George’s. Wasn’t he a pivotal figure on the New Romantic scene.

3. Staircase2 6 May 2011, 4:25pm

Bless you, Philip – I hope you get better soon

4. I wish Philip a speedy recovery. Such a violent attack which could have been so much worse, so I’m pleased to read he’s on the way to recovery.

5. Mark Healey 6 May 2011, 6:27pm

Get well Philip. I hope that the Police, the Council, and local businesses work together to ensure that those responsible are identified and held to account. We need to work together to make sure all members of our communities are safe to go about their business in and around Soho without fear of attack. What is the Soho Gay Business Forum doing about this? I have not heard anything from them so far.

6. ooer missus 7 May 2011, 12:23pm

Meantime the Kill the Gays Bill is going through Parliament in Uganda while everyone is distracted elsewhere. Read the GayUganda blog!

7. So a man gets hurt and everybody is sad? Who cares, women are attacked every day by men. One man is attacked and there, it’s a catastrophy. Do you know that over one million women are attacked, raped, molested or harrassed every day in the U.K.? This is clearly misogyny. I invite all of you to feel ashamed and understand feminism. Over 10 thousand women are killed every year by men in England. Even by gay men. Think!

1. So what are you saying here exactly then? We shouldn’t feel sorry for Phillip as he could be attacking, raping, molesting or harrassing women?

Because it actually comes across that you’re vile and bitter with a HUGE chip on your should.

Ugly! Ugly! Ugly!

1. She’s not saying anything, not anything intelligent anyway. Lila is some mentally fcuked up individual who “thinks” (I use the term loosely) that all men are child abusers, wife beaters and other such prejudicial and hysterical nonsense.

She’s not a feminist, she’s a demented fool in need of medical attention- nothing more tragic than a gay person who turn inwards and begins to emulate the bigots we stand up against.

1. Maybe you are happy about being a misogynist and a rape apologist, but there are people who really care about real crimes, which are generally made by men and against women. Not saying anything? you are just a woman-hater. The only bigots here are men, not women. Grow up, pet.

1. “rape apologist”? “woman hater”?

No, just despise messed up fcukwits like you, you sad cow. You are a travesty of a human and an insult to all gay people. Get the medication you need, and do us all a favour.

2. Ha! You can’t even spell… what a tool. What is your problem, your precious males have been touched by a bad bad woman? What a pet. Listen you little dikc, the only medication men like you should take is to jump in the baltic sea. Your hate towards women, your female-bashing madness is so evident. Misogyny is a mental illness. Try to cure it by inserting your own cokcin a food processor.
            I repeat, grow up, baby boy.

3. “nothing more tragic than a gay person who turn inwards and begins to emulate the bigots we stand up against.”

You said it Will. She is a vile creature. You should see her bigoted remarks on another thread against men, gay people and transgendered, really disgusting individual, and as you said, all the more so when it (supposedly) comes form a gay person.

4. “I repeat, grow up, baby boy.”

If growing up means I act like a small-minded fool with the angers issues of a socially inept teenager like you, then I’ll stay being me. When you get some edcuation, and over come the hell you are living in, then we can talk like adults. As the previous commenter said, you are a vile creature. Never a truer word said!

5. Adults? I ride motorbikes you could only dream of. I could beat you in no time. Wanna bet? Then guess who’s the little kid and who’s the adult. Boy.

6. LOL! Oh, yes, so you ride a bike and you can “beat me”? How impressive! Well, that’s sorted me out, clearly you have SUCH intelligence…. because you ride a bike.

I am not only talking to a bigoted fool, I am talking to a 14 year old fool. My apologies, I assumed you had at least partial mental faculties.

Seriously, you’d tell us if you have had a stroke?

7. ah I’m just waisting my time with you, sissy girl. Grow up and stop the misogyny, or if you dare come at the next dykesOnbykes and tell us in our faces, loser. You’ll be sorry faggy boy.

8. Yeah, yeah, yeah, bigot. The only thing you could beat is your face off the cell door. I prefer my bigots to be at least intelligent, you just bore everyone with your endlessly repetitive tripe. Women blah blah blah, men pigs blah blah I have a big bike and I’m retarded blah blah….. to be a bigot is one thing, but an insufferable bore, well that’s just tragic.

9. you see you have a problem with lesbians? i feel so sorry for you mate, maybe one day you’ll really grow up and understand how hard it is to be a strong woman in this male dominated world. You hate us because you fear we might be stronger, faster and better then men. One day you will see the ugly truth you hate so much. Eat my dust, kid.

10. No, just you. Does anyone actually like you? I doubt it.

As for eating your dust, it sounds like the bike has more power then your mind does, you poor cow.

11. Oh shut up you stupid bint.

Not every bloke is a rape apologist you nutjob.

12. Jock S. Trap 9 May 2011, 6:03pm

I find it ironic that the person accusing all of hating shows nothing BUT hatred of men.
            Your discrimination is noted lila but I don’t really see why on a comment page about a Gay man being attacked.

2. “You hate us because you fear we might be stronger, faster and better then men.”

Jeez, talk about issues!!!!

Yes, I suppose angry children like you who challenge strangers on internet forums to a bike riding contests to prove their worth MUST be “better” then us. I suppose that is something we will have to live with…… and we will do so quite happy in the knowledge you are some lonely and sad little girl with a lot of anger issues and not much in the brain department.

Stick to the bike, its probably the only thing you will be good at, my dear.

2. *sigh* Lila again. Listen you degenerate troll, go stick that bike of yours up where you might get a decent ride and be less the angry b!tch you really are.

2. Only idiots take the bait

1. No James, only idiots sit idly by and let these nut jobs get an audience unchallenged.

1. Nah they do it for attention. There is a saying that if a dog bits your ankle do you bit it back?

1. Jock S. Trap 9 May 2011, 6:04pm

Sadly Will and James! you are both right.

2. No, you lock it up.

1. LMAO. Got in one. I see she resorts to homophobic terminology herself with the ‘sissy boy’ name calling. Nasty old trout, looks like she trawls the comments boards re physical attacks on men and women but keeps schtum on every other subject, says a lot really.

3. “over one million women are attacked raped molested or harrassed every day in the uk” – where does this stupidity come from – one woman in about every 30 every day of the year!
      “over 10 thousand women are killed every year by men in England” – where does this come from with the annual murder rate being around 700 for both sexes for all of the UK!

1. Andrew!!

Quoting facts at this point isn’t going to help the argument.

We managed this long without them, well Lila has at least

4. Jock S. Trap 9 May 2011, 5:52pm

lila
      Had the story been what you highlight I’m sure most of us would agree but it’s not about that therefore you should expect comments appropiate to the story.

5. Staircase2 10 May 2011, 7:09pm

what a load of bollocks! (pun intended!)

the fact that people are concerned about Philip Salon has no bearing on the terrible violence that women are and have historically experienced and endured.

ALL violence is wrong and fundementally unhealthy

But you are however talking comeplete bollocks to suggest that this is somehow misogenistic.

Are you always this rude, insensitive and idiotic?

8. “I repeat, grow up, baby boy.”

If growing up means I act like a small-minded fool with the angers issues of a socially inept teenager like you, then I’ll stay being me. When you get some edcuation, and over come the hell you are living in, then we can talk like adults. As the previous commenter said, you are a vile creature. Never a truer word said.

9. I was told if you cant say something nice then dont say it

Get well soon Philip, people like you and geroge are national tresures.

10. and also I was told leran to Spwell ,

11. musclelad23 9 May 2011, 10:57am

I don’t think lila is actually real, maybe not even a woman. Just somebody who is troll baiting and seems to be winning.

1. musclelad23 9 May 2011, 10:59am

“one day you’ll really grow up and understand how hard it is to be a strong woman in this male dominated world. ”

That seems like satire to me, no feminist would actually speak this cheesily. lol.

1. Millie Tant in Viz magazine perhaps.

12. Jock S. Trap 9 May 2011, 5:47pm

I find it shocking that no-one has been arrested for this, with the amount of CCTV in London can no-one have really seen this?
    I too still think London is safer than a lot of High Street but it certainly is changing and not necessarily for the better.

13. Stewart William 10 May 2011, 9:09pm

I’m sorry he was violently attacked but he has always been an arrogant, vile queen.