Video: Gay couple’s 61-year wait to marry

1. What amazing inspiring gentlemen. 61 years, I hope my partner and myself get that long together. And I hope they get the chance to be married in their home state. It’s just crazy that the birthplace of gay rights is now so far behind other parts of the world.

2. Wow, 61 years, that’s really amazing especially in today’s world with all the divorce rates. Wish them many more to come and hopefully they will be able to get married in New York, New York style, of course ;)

3. If you can make it there, you’ll make it anywhere!! What an inspiring couple! And my partner and I thought we were patient for waiting 15 years before we could get a civil partnership.

4. lady tanya 4 May 2011, 2:44am

Come on, Come on New York, why are so behind the times you used to be the flag ship off the world. Now you are so far behind the rest of the world , you are now in the stone age, wake up and smell the roses we are a world of new now, we can can go to the moon and back. Yet you still believe the world and universe was made by someone.
    Let people who love people of the same sex, marry we are not a threat to you or the rest of the world we have been hear since people first walked the earth, and we will be hear when our world has ended.
    We just want have the same rights that other people of this world have.
    please let Richard Adrian Dorr and John Mace get married.

5. Jock S. Trap 4 May 2011, 8:16am

Well if I ever saw a more compelling argument For marriage Equality this has to be it.
    A very sweet video and after 61 years Why can’ t they marry, it simply doesn’t make sense.
    Also more proof that some, esp from religious circles, won’t like because it shows that Gay people are just as capable of loving commited relationships that are Just as important and Just as meaningful.
    It’s time for humanity to come to it’s senses and allow 2 loving people to celebrate their love by having the choice of marriage.

6. Of course they should be allowed to marry, but that intentionally heartstring-tugging phrase ‘Haven’t they waited long enough?’ really irritates me. Because you’ve waited 61 years for something is not in itself a reason you should have it.

1. Chutneybear 4 May 2011, 10:56am

flaps

1. Jock S. Trap 4 May 2011, 11:23am

No arguement from me Chutneybear!!

2. Yeah right 4 May 2011, 11:36am

“I think the moon is far enough for now…”

1. Galadriel1010 4 May 2011, 6:41pm

I love you for this comment.

7. Galadriel1010 4 May 2011, 6:46pm

What a wonderful, inspiring couple. I’m so grateful to them for sharing their story.

8. George Vye & Ward Stewart 4 May 2011, 7:01pm

Congratulations ,

I thought our 56 year wait was long.

9. wenchsammas 5 May 2011, 11:25am

What a sweet couple

10. Pure love and devotion for 61 years. You cannot let these guys die without getting married. It would be absolutely criminal.