Poll: How will you vote on May 5th?

1. Mark Newman 30 Apr 2011, 11:06pm

The question regarding how you will vote in elections to the Scottish Parliament does not take account of the fact that we get 2 votes – one for our constituency & one for our region. So if, like me, you plan to vote for different parties in each, it is not possible to record both in the survey. Thus the results for Scottish respondents will not be accurate.

1. or you could just vote SNP twice!

1. It’s the same for the Welsh Assembly – we also get two votes.
        It just shows that many people in England are pretty ignorant about what happens elsewhere in the UK!

1. They’re pretty ignorant about what happens in England as well, since FPTP is rarely used for most local elections here either! Also, there was no differentiation between council and mayoral elections. My votes will be split four ways in the locals (Green/Ind for the mayor, Lib/Lab/Green for the council) so which one do I put as my answer?

2. Helen Wilson 1 May 2011, 4:37pm

Maybe you should think of the people in England who get NO vote as to what happens in England alone. English people don’t have MPs votes in the Welsh assembly and the Scottish parliament. Yet Wales and Scotland get a say in English laws that wont effect them through MPs sitting in the House of Commons.

1. Charles Gormley 2 May 2011, 2:27am

People in England do get a vote on what happens in England alone, it is just that the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are used as back-up. There is a solution – regional assemblies or an English Parliament. Strikes me though, that the fact that no party is campaigning on this means that, by and large, the English are not asking for it. I would be rather peed off if it was me. I am in Scotland, and I think that you can rest assured that the Scottish LibDems who voted through tuition fees and changed to the NHS will be looking for work come the next general election.

2. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 6:42am

All these arguements about tuition fees is very discriminating.
            I mean why didn’t we see similar scene of last years protests when Labour introduced tuition fees in the first place?
            Especially when Labour originally said they would never introduce them.
            People making such a big thing about the Lib Dems lying, breaking election promises but where was the big thing when Labour did Exactly the same thing by introducing them in the first place.
            It all smacks of double standards to me.

3. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:14am

Totally agree with that Helen. English laws should just be voted on by English politicans not those it has nothing to do with.

4. @ Charles Gormley,

Most English people I know (or English-born Brits, like me) do want an English parliament (support was 61% and rising four years ago) but it has been made very clear that Westminster will not consider it as an option. So far the only option that’s been offered has been elected regional assemblies, however these aren’t popular, and for good reason: in addition to the insult of diving up England as a nation, they would almost definitely have fewer powers than their counterparts so wouldn’t resolve the West Lothian Question, which Helen raised: the problem of English MPs voting against legislation that only affects England, and seeing it passed with the support of Scottish, Welsh &/or Northern Irish MPs – as happened with the student fees top-up legislation.

2. Helen Wilson 30 Apr 2011, 11:18pm

Can PinkNews assure us the information used will not be sold to political parties or other media outlets and all personal info requested including email addresses will remain confidential.

1. theotherone 30 Apr 2011, 11:21pm

that’s what i was thinking.

3. Helen Wilson 30 Apr 2011, 11:23pm

You don’t have a submit button after question 3 (I’m using firefox) so I cant submit my answers.

1. I had the same problem, is it a firefox problem maybe?

1. It’s just how it’s displayed. Answer one of the final questions and then hit tab – it’ll scroll down the inner frame to reveal the submit button.

2. Works fine with the skyfire browser for android =]

3. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 6:40am

Just tried but no submit button… still!
      So much for polls.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 6:41am

Bet they’ll be wondering come 2nd May “Why no result… Doh!”

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 6:45am

Ok did via crappy Windows.

1. Spanner1960 1 May 2011, 11:56pm

Not crappy Windows.
            Crappy web designers that dont bother testing across browsers, let alone platforms.

4. i had the same problem

5. Eddy - the original one, from 2007 1 May 2011, 3:28pm

See the thin grey frame around the set of questions? You have to get the content of that frame to scroll upwards. Easy to do. Just keep pressing your Tab button and the rest of survey, including the Submit button, will scroll up, line by line.

4. Bathysphere 30 Apr 2011, 11:29pm

The whole set of questions are going to produce a set of hideously inaccurate figures. The art of survey writing is to specifically not ask what you want to know, then find it out anyway. That question about what I would have voted for if not the Alternative or Normal vote is ridiculous – most people answering have no idea what the other options mean.

5. Paul - England 30 Apr 2011, 11:34pm

The only thing that is certain is that I won’t be voting in this poll, with demands for my name, email and postcode. Why the hell do you need them?!

1. Marketing purposes?

2. My question exactly. Whom are they flogging these details to?

6. PumpkinPie 1 May 2011, 12:19am

Hmm… I was able to submit my answers without putting in my name, email, etc. Not sure if they’ll still count or not, but at least those questions aren’t mandatory.

1. then decide lol

1. Lol, I love this video- I’ve showed it to everyone who doesn’t understand what AV is! It explains it perfectly :) yes on AV!

1. Don’t need the vid , already voting yes.

7. I will be voting Labour as my first vote (1st vote) and Green in my second (list vote). The survey should be altered to take account of this

1. We’re not done paying back for their last stint in government yet, is it wise to get them back in power?

2. labour? anyway, the SNP will get the majority as opinion polls suggest, I just hope not in coalition with the LibDems, since we know where that leads!

1. Charles Gormley 2 May 2011, 2:29am

No chance of a coalition with the Lib Dems. Another minority SNP administration hopefully.

8. Although I’ll be voting for AV (it’s not great but a stepping stone to the fair system already in place in Scotland, Wales and NI) I genuinely think England (and for that matter the rest of the UK) deserves something quasi democratic as opposed to fist past the post. Votes should count and where you have a party majority of a few hundred votes lets count those who don’t vote for them. They have a say after-all.

9. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 6:48am

Will be voting No to AV come Thursday. No ;local elections in London.

Funny how First Past The Post is good enough for referendums!! :)

1. How are referendums in any way comparable to elections where the end result isn’t just Yes or No but has to reflect the voting population?

Proportionality is the way to go, but takes too many seats from those who have been comfortable on them for way too long. AV is a meager alternative, but still light years ahead of the current system, obviously designed for peasants, not for 21st century.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 9:52am

Yeah it was meant in a humorous way.

1. You should always mark sarcasm on the internet. Didn’t you know that?

2. There should have been a barrier which required a minimum of 50% of the total electorate to change to the AV system. That, at least, would have met the spirit of AV.

1. Why the need to meet the spirit of AV system if it isn’t the law yet?

2. If you’ve only two options then of course FTTP is good enough. There are more choices than red or blue when it comes to elections. Especially if you live in Wales, Scotland or NI

10. Sunday 8.25, This Poll on Pink News is NOT working! After selecting your 3 choices is states you have not entered your location. When you re enter it, it defaults back to a new vote screen… unticked!

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:47am

Lets hope elections are never controlled by PinkNews! :)

11. I AM VOTING SNP – TWICE!

1. Charles Gormley 2 May 2011, 2:29am

me too.

12. I hope people arent thick enough to believe what ever pink.news says on this quiz… for a start they were funded by the no campaign advertising so there bias). Second i can clearly see there going to try smear with 0.6% people believe in AV with the a “if you could choose in any voting system which one would you choose” and then mensioning that another one is more poportionaly represented. What crap journalism.

13. I shan’t be giving my postcode thanks very much.

FYI I voted lib dem last time and shan’t again. Local elections I’ve voted for the local party.

I voted yes on av as the Tories dnt want it and what we got dnt work 13 years labour and torrie coalition so worth a go. If the Tories keep lying about what it will cost I’ll give it a go.

I want PR but the lib dems are wimps and didn’t go for it. They rolled over.

As for my sexuality. I’m none of what you listed

But whatever.

1. Excuse me, there are eight possible sexual orientations listed. What the hell are you then?

2. ‘As for my sexuality. I’m none of what you listed’. Me either, and it tends be be in a fluid state anyway, so where’s the ‘other’ button?

3. well if you can’t pick from 8 choices, gosh nows!!!!!

14. Eddie Clarke 1 May 2011, 10:53am

Difficult decision. Tories and friends are trying to stitch up he political system for the Corporate classes, just as they have done the media. Nats seem to be lining up with Cardinals and Imans at the drop of a mitre. UK Labour are getting the act together but seem to have disappeared in Scotland – though the Scottish media village is good at ignoring the obvious then creating a story around – where is he? Perhaps I shall have to start my own party – Really Quite Revolutionary

15. Read what Minister for Equalities, Lynne Featherstone says about fairer votes here:-

Don’t forget to read the comments as well.

16. de Villiers 1 May 2011, 2:31pm

I do not have a vote in this referendum and I am not sure I would vote even if I did. What does surprise me, however, is that a major constitutional change was raised not after detailed cross-party and national consideration but as a political fix between two political parties and is to be decided by a referendum with no real prominence.

17. Scottish people now become mentally degraded. They even now supporting homosexual perverts…. What a shame, to support filthy gays!

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 4:18pm

Last response. I’m bored of you now.

2. Bigots like you are the disgusting perverts.
      Go back to wanking over pictures of your family you web footed inbred.

3. Please do the world a favour and go play on a motarway.

4. Rich, it is called fairness and justice, in a nutshell, secular democracy.

1. Spanner1960 1 May 2011, 11:59pm

Well, if true democracy was in place, tossers like you would be lined up against a wall and shot. Or is there anybody out there that opposes that?

No, I thought not. BANG.

5. Extremists like “Rich” are a great advertisment for why you should vote “No” to AV on thursday

Remember, vote no, and keep out the morally challanged such as “Rich”

1. Not that a 13 year old can stand for election as an MP

2. Dave Page 4 May 2011, 3:12pm

Except that AV will help keep extremists out, FPTP lets them “win” with a tiny amount of support.

1. Jock S. Trap 5 May 2011, 8:59am

Naive!

2. Jock S. Trap 5 May 2011, 9:01am

How is it AV is supposed to help small parties Except parties like the BNP?
          What are the Lib Dems only to benefit from the unworkable AV?
          Dangerously naive.

18. John Thorpe 1 May 2011, 3:31pm

With Clegg the great betrayer and and two smug,rich,old Etonians leadng the Tories the only answer is to vote Labour,firstly for the future and secondly for what the previous Labour Government did for equality and gay rights.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 4:17pm

“for the future”?
      They didn’t leave much of one when they left office, or when, whatshisname was dragged from office.

2. Keep believing that John, Labour would still be spending money now if they had won the election and we’d have been declared bankrupt.
      Anyone with a brain voted labour out of power.
      Only benefit scroungers and union members vote labour to keep their massive perks, paid for by those of us with brains.

And Labour never supported gay marriage when they were in power so they cant take any credit for any future developments on that.

1. Ok people really need to calm down with the labour nbankrupted the economy. Its not true. UK has smaller debt than germany and france. We have relatively low levels of debt compared to post war era.
        - Benefity scroungers? Yes the millions forced out of their jobs by the failings of bankers are benefit scroungers! hmmm put the sun down methinks.

Labour can deffo take credit for all gay rights advances as they have done more for gay rights than any other party!

People please actually read some economics, not just party propaganda.

1. Smaller debt than Germany and France, yet the third biggest budget deficit in the EU.

Both values are important, that’s why they’re always reported together in any serious analysis.

1. That may be so, but before the recession hit we had the second lowest budget deficit in the G7.
            In addition Brown response to the recession was very good. Yes it led to a deficit but it avoided a collapse of the economy, he avoided the figures of 3 million people being unemployed and left office with a growing economy and falling unemployment.

How do you really think Saint Osbourne & Cameron would have with this? Oh yeah lets cut,cut,cut and “deregulate the banks more” as Osbourne wanted/ Utter rubbish.

2. Definitely agree. It’s so hilarious that the Tories on here suggest that ‘consultaions’ on Marriage Equality is proof that the Tories have changed. Utter Tosh.
          If it wasn’t for the excellent advances under Labour concerning LGBT Equality, there would be no consultaions in the first place. And frankly the only advances will be down to the Lib Dems. If we were unlucky enough to have a Tory Majority Government. there would be absolutely no advance on Marriage Equality anyway.

1. So he should be held as anything other than a failure for leaving when the economy was still growing?
            The fact of the matter is that Gordon was spending more than we could afford to achieve that growth and Labour would have had to make cuts aswell, noone could deny that.
            Labour wanted twice as much of the cuts to be made from taxes than Cameron did though while he’s targeting waste as a priority and cutting the public sector that Labour spent years growing to get safe votes from the unions that bankroll them.

And the economy is once again growing, people are getting less for being unemployed than labour was paying, and low earners are getting more of their money without paying tax.
            Labour had 12 years to do that and instead wasted billions on pet projects and growing the public sector to the point where we have useless quangos like potato councils and the public sector is doing less work for more money.

If you deny these simple facts James then labour deserves your vote.

2. You do also realise that Cameron and the tories have more LGB MPs than any other party (combined i think)
            Even if they wish to enforce homophobic policies as you hint they may, they wouldn’t manage to.

Do you actually believe these things or do you actually believe everything the Labour MPs say?

I’ll tell you one thing i’ve learned in the last how many years:
            Labour are liars furthering their own agenda and trying to sneak us into the Euro with secret commissions.
            Cameron has a fair few U-turns, which isn’t completely his fault as he doesn’t have a full government but generally is helping low earners.
            Lib Dems, this ones difficult, they seem to only want to further Europe to the point of a single world government against the wishes of people and do everything pro-Europe (including voting rights for murderers and criminals)
            They don’t appear to have their own identity.

Labour did do good work for gay rights but that isn’t a reason to let them stay in government forever.

3. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 6:56am

ANd yet both David Cameron and Nick Clegg have expressed full support for both Equal marriage and Equal civil partnerships.

4. Dave Page 2 May 2011, 6:00pm

Yep. Currently the Lib Dems are the only major political party to support equal marriage. The Tories and Labour have yet to catch up, and Lynne Featherstone is pursuing the agenda in her role as Minister for Equalities.

3. Sister Maray Clarence 2 May 2011, 1:59am

“Labour can deffo take credit for all gay rights advances”

Wasn’t Europe then?

Britain wasn’t taken to the EU Court of Human Rights over gays in the military?

Gay rights legislation wasn’t forced on us by the EU Human Rights Charter, or the Treaty of Amsterdam then?

1. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 6:59am

If I remember rightly I was Tony Blair that insisted on taking Europe to task, trying to stop then forcing the military here accepting us.
            Your right SMC I doubt anyone disputes the Gay rights we got under Labour but people shouldn’t think for a minute they started out handed on a plate.

4. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 6:53am

OMG – how quick they conveniently forget, then change history to suit their own egos.
          The UK has the worst/largest debt in the G7 other than Japan, but thats because of it’s Earthquake.
          Labour created the society of people on benefits. More people have been on benefits longer than 10 years more than at any time before. They left a culture of people better off on benefits. It had Nothing to do with the bankers that was ALL Labour.
          Labour may have given us Gay rights but many were forced by the EU. OK yes it was good but Gordon Brown stated last year that Civil Partnerships were adequate so we wouldn’t even be having the discussion on Equal Marriage now had they stayed.
          Plus the fact we would have needed a bail out and probably the result of that would have been we would have been forced to accept the Euro.
          It’s nothing to do with ‘party propaganda’. It has everything to do with your own short-sightedness.

3. Spanner1960 2 May 2011, 12:02am

John: it is attitudes like that the continue to perpetrate this myth.
      There are alternatives beside labour, Conservatibe and even Liberal.
      THAT is what AV is all about. Dont vote for the party you will think will win, vote for the one you WANT!

4. Dave Page 2 May 2011, 7:20pm

Clegg the “great betrayer” who’s got 75% of the Lib Dem manifesto into Government, more than any Lib Dem leader ever?

19. How unfortunate for the world to have boring scum like that cretin Rich in existence. His comments are so predictable, typical of a right wing nutter. Go away and die, you sick tosser, you’re the epitomy of a devolved brain, assuming you ever had one which I doubt. Thank goodness abortion is available to rid the world of this piece of human detritus.

20. Tory. No to AV. Done

1. Dito
      AV is gonna be one hell of a disaster and i’m supporting Tories too as the only ones to actually have a credible plan to get us debt free and Great again.

1. Tory plan is not to get us debt free, even they do not claim that.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 7:03am

We remained in debt to the US after they helped us after the country was bankrupt after the second world war. We finally paid that off in 2006.
          Now if you think that the deficit we have now is worse than that then no we won’t be debt free for many years but at least we have a government who has the balls to try and sort it. Therefore hopefully creating a better future earlier. So far it is at least working.

2. No it’s to get the deficit down, my mistake.

Still the only party that actually had a plan to reduce the deficit though, labour and lib dems mostly avoided the subject.

21. Well, no surprise here, I’m voting Lib Dem (and my second local election vote for my independent opponent) and Yes to AV!

Not really much choice in who I vote for as it’s my name on the ballot paper! ;)

22. Yes to AV.
    By no means a perfect system, but definitely better than crappy FPTP. Utter rubbish.

Leicester will be having it’s first elections for a Mayor, will be voting for Sir Peter Soulsbey for Mayor with the Green Candidate as a second preference.

& will be voting for Labour in teh local elections. How any LGBT person can vote Tory makes me sick.

1. Soulsby* & the*

1. also ‘its’!

1. Oh crap!
          Thanks. :)

2. It makes me sick how you vote Labour.
      If Labour was in power now our debt would be much higher and we may have needed a baillout from the IMF as our credit rating would have been cut for sure, causing our debt to shoot up even higher.

Get a brain James and stop believing everything Labour say.

1. Oh yes because 0% growth over the space of 6 months is a great alternative. While more unemployment will lead to less revenue from tax and will result in more money being spent on benefits which will result in more borrowing. If believing this means you have a brain I really do despair.

1. Spanner1960 2 May 2011, 12:05am

Better than 60% stagnation over 13 years.
          Standing still is better than going backwards.

1. Most economists are actualy onside of not taking the conservatives view, i know because i study economics… the countries current account is nothing like a house hold one.. unfortunatly people seem to need simple comparisons to there own life as they cant use there own brains…. The economists backed a slower cut, infact most intellectuals i think your find are quite socialist, because corporate free market economics does not cover most of the negative externalites it makes… There was no risk of stagflation.. i have no idea where you plucked that from.

2. The economy grew pretty consistently under labour until the banking crisis.
            Shesh some people’s anti labour venom is ridiculous. It is clear that some people will hate labour no matter what they do.

3. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 7:40am

It’s no about being anti Labour it’s about living in the real world. It’s about doing what’s best for the country.
            Don’t get me wrong some of the cuts do worry me. The Health budget for example. I have two of the crappiest doctors at my GP surgery and giving the power of the NHS budget to people like that scares me. However on the economy we need business. We need people working and off benefits. We need to make sure those that do need the help because of illness and disablity get it but not at the expense of healthy people who knew under Labour that going to work meant a drop in earnings compared to being on benefits. That wasn’t those people’s fault though, that was Labour’s fault.
            Under Labour we would have an even worse deficit which probably would have forced them to take a bail out which would have lead to even worse cuts than we have now, plus the likelyhood we would have been force to have the Euro.

4. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 7:42am

I personally have never been loyal to a party they all have to work for my vote but there was no way I could vote Labour last year and sadly while Ed MiliBalls are in charge I will never probably vote Labour again. Those two are the reason this country is in this mess.
            We need this country to have a chance to prosper and thats why I voted Tory and probably would again if the General Election was tomorrow.
            However if I’ll feel the same in 2015, who can say. They will have to work for it.

5. Ahb where do you get your figure for that?
            Even the ratings agencies have consistently backed the deficit reduction plans of the coalition government and without their support they could lower our credit rating and force our debt even higher in just a few seconds, leaving us with little option other than to cut more faster or go to the IMF and accept whatever terms they want (including joining the Euro).

23. Vote NO2AV on Thursday

1. Will do, the only democratic option than letting people win on the raffle-like AV system.

24. Voting no, so it will give the bnp greater chance, shall be voting bnp in all my votes.

George, 60

1. Margaret Hodge, the Labour MP who trounced the BNP at the last election is supporting the NO2AV campaign.

Although the official position of the BNP is to vote against AV, a recent poll shows the vast majority of BNP supporters intend to vote yes to AV. The reason is that they know the BNP has a greater chance of getting elected with the AV system in place.

Endorsing NO To AV

1. Spanner1960 2 May 2011, 12:07am

Even the BNP see sense.
        Yes has to be the way to go.

2. That’s classic condescension. Let’s not even give people the chance to vote for whoever they want – what do *they* know in the first place?

1. Vote NO2AV

3. Seems even the BNP care about how democratic elections are, they’d rather be elected ddemocratically than with a raffle.

Unless this is a double bluff, with the BNP supporting NotoAV people will vote for AV and the BNP will actually get more votes as a result.
        If the BNP were for AV people may pile onto the NotoAV campaign.
        No main party would want to ally themselves with the BNP so it would have a big effect on the vote.

2. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 7:54am

Voting Yes will give the BNP the chance. How is it people, esp on the Yes vote don’t want people to see it. Yes to AV will help parties like the BNP, how could it not. They bang on about how good Yes will be for Lib Dems but how are BNP any different. They are all fringe parties. To say it’s only fair is saying its just as fair for the Lib Dems for power as it is for the BNP. Who wants their second choice though?
      I notice the Yes camp use the BNP and Nick Griffin to target the Gay vote via PinkNews as reason to vote yes after dismissing the No camp saying it will help the BNP.
      Can people really not see that voting yes will help the BNP?

1. Dave Page 2 May 2011, 6:21pm

AV won’t help the BNP. The BNP get in on low turnouts with a minority share of the vote. The BNP are extremists, and will find it much harder than other “fringe parties” to get support from 50% of the constituency, even in strongholds like Barnsley and Burnley.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2011, 8:36am

Thats Very naive. In reality the Lib Dems are still a fringe party yet they feel it would help them. Of course the BNP and any small party would do well out of AV.
          But then to the other side are you saying the AV wouldn’t be a fair voting system after all?
          Don’t be naive and don’t treat us like fools.
          Your are exploiting Gay people and you are lying to try to get your own way.

1. Dave Page 4 May 2011, 3:14pm

The Lib Dems got 23% of the popular vote in the last General Election. That’s no way comparable to the BNP. The BNP are extremists – where they “win” council seats under FPTP, they do so with tiny majorities and are not wanted by the vast majority of voters. A voting system which means that MPs have to get more support from local people is fairer; that it will keep unpopular extremists out is a nice side-effect.

2. Jock S. Trap 5 May 2011, 9:06am

Well you ain’t convincing me of that mr. It sound like like your party it hasn’t been thought through but rather it just seems a good idea to the Lib Dems alone.
            Off to vote No in a minute as I hope will the majority of the country.
            Here’s hoping sense prevails.

3. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 7:55am

Definitely a no vote for me. One Person One Vote is the truely democratic process. Why are 2 of the 3 countries that use this process taking steps to change it back to FPTP?
      It’s because it doesn’t work.
      If AV was to get in I would be one of the over 50% that would only put one number on the ballet. I don’t want the risk of my second or third choice I want my first choice and thats why I’ll be voting No on May 5th

25. Hey rich. One less Muslim brother around. Hah!

26. Voting NO to AV and Conservative in English Locals! :-)

27. The coalition plan, actually, will eliminate Labour’s structural deficit (created BEFORE the financial crisis) which will therefore enable us to begin paying back our debts, hopefully by 2015. No other party other than the coalition parties have a credible deficit reduction plan. Those that vote Green, let’s put your taxes up 100%, if you want to keep spending cash we have to borrow then we can fund it by taxing you lot not me, I only earn 10k a year.

Voting Conservatives in local and No 2 AV.

28. Paul Brownsey 2 May 2011, 10:15am

The LibDems are fielding a homophobe in the Scottish elections: Gordon Macdonald, for Strathkelvin and Bearsden. Not only does he work for Christian Action & Research in Education, which aims to impose Evangelical Christianity via the law and public policy – not only did he spearhead that organization’s objections to repeal of the Scottish equivalent of Clause 28 – but, when a councillor on East Dunbartonshire Council, he fought tooth and nail to get the Council to refuse to provide Civil Partnership ceremonies (something I feel personally because mine was the first Civil Partnership in East Dunbartonshire).

On top of that, although gay marriage equality is in the LibDem, manifesto, he told the Sunday Herald he would regard that as a matter of conscience if it came before the Scottish Parliament.

Labour is putting up a homophobe in Falkirk West – Goggle Dennis Goldie to see.

29. I won’t be voting (and I guess these are local elections) becuase I’m one of the over 5 million Brits/dual nationals that live abroad and get next to nothing representation from abybody in the UK. A bit different to somewhere like France where there is a sizable amount of senators whose sole job is to represent French people abroad. By the way we don’t all live abroad siimply to retire in the sun and now don’t give a bugger about the UK anymore!

30. No to AV.
    No to extremists.
    No to even more homophobia

1. Dave Page 2 May 2011, 7:21pm

AV won’t help extremists – by definition, their views aren’t shared by the majority. They might get votes from 30%, but not from 50%.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2011, 8:39am

You seem to be suggesting that the BNP may just be 1st vote when it is more likely a large majority would make then second and third choice which boil down to the Fact that groups like the BNP will have more say in British politics. Then we have a problem. It’s clear the Lib Dems haven’t really thought this through. They have only seen it as possibly help them and no-one else.
        It’s definitely a No for me Thursday.

31. Stuart Neyton 2 May 2011, 5:58pm

this comment page reads like one person is enthusiastically voting #no2av and tory and keeps saying so using different names.

I get two votes in the locals, splitting between the Green candidate and the better Labour candidate. Oh and yes to av as (despite the fact it’s a terrible alternative) FPTP is by far the least fair, least democratic way possible of electing MPs.

1. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2011, 8:42am

Why because more than 1 person couldn’t possibly be voting No? Bit of a desperate comment.

2. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2011, 10:48am

If it’s so good how come 2 of the 3 countries in the world who use it are planning to change it?