New Mexico school bans all clubs after gay-straight alliance forms

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 4:38pm

So yet again we have adults thinking about their own feelings and best interests and not those of the children who clearly are adult enough to make up their own minds.
    Lets hope the next generation start to push out these homophobes.

1. If you can’t have religion beliefs in public schools then you shouldn’t be able to force your sexual beliefs in a public schools

1. Sorry, bigot. That excuse is getting old. These children are forming groups for support. I know you don’t want us having ANY support but get over yourself.

You people are sick. You would rather have NO groups than having even a support group for GLBT high school students.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:01am

Quite right, people like truefix just want that wish to remain superior, to what though I’m not quite sure.

2. Truefix – the difference is we don’t proselytise gayness as some kind of “One True Way”, we simply are gay naturally and we’re fine with everyone else being straight, but they don’t get to choose our sexuality for us or browbeat us into being straight. Geddit?

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:02am

Somehow I have a feeling he/she won’t get it Flapjack. Sadly they have no interest.

2. @Flapjack

Appreciate your response……I didn’t choose my religion like some poster stated…God chose it for me, because it is of absolute truth. Through the Holy Spirit the decision for me was granted. My statement may have came out a bit straight forward and not charitable, but that was not my intention. Gay rights groups have campaigned against Christians with violence and the same intolerance’s that we are accused of….Gay’s have desecrated our churches…Spewed many lies pertaining to our ideologies, and yet they want to be treated with dignity and respect. I know a lot gay people don’t join in these acts of destruction, but from what I see in the news/read in the news, and hear from my very own ears…is that many gays share a hatred for Christians and other religious groups who share the same beliefs on homosexuality. I don’t hate one gay person on the planet…But I admit, I am not going I would invite and openly gay couple to my house for dinner with my family. continued..

1. I believe that man and woman naturally exist for pro-creation and a bond that can not be duplicated through sex of the same gender. Homosexuality can not naturally produce a child…It can only create a child through artificial means. When you take the natural aspect of creation from the table it opens up a Pandora’s Box of other unnatural events. A pure homosexual race could not survive on it’s own (Impossible) I need not to explain why…it’s common sense. God created a natural order of things not to be tampered with, and when human’s go against his natural order..destruction of the human body and our race will surly follow. Continued….

2. I also believe sexual intercourse should be of the life-giving experience between two lovers…If heterosexual’s are having sex with out the possibility of having a child (Birth control or some other means) then that act is a selfish act. How can it be true love, when a couple can not accept the beauty of a child, that their spouse could only provide during that very special moment of intimacy? (Oh it’s ok to screw me, but If I were to get pregnant, you would want that beautiful child to be aborted because you’re not willing to raise a child that came from us?) Sounds real selfish. Gay’s can never naturally give birth with their sexual partner, so every sexual act is deemed selfish (Only for one another’s enjoyment). In both cases they are wrong. Heterosexuals can be just as guilty, as gay people when it comes to sexual sin. I wish everyone here could experiance their true heterosexual identity, so they can live as nature intended them to live…The footprint of life begins the same as

3. contuned::: As is it did when your mother and father unselfishly choose to have you as their child. Well thanks for all your comments they are much appreciated and God bless all of you!

4. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:33am

“But I admit, I am not going I would invite and openly gay couple to my house for dinner with my family.”
            Then your arguement is only based on assumptions, nothing more.
            You have chosen your religion over how people are born.
            That is just plain wrong.

5. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:35am

“Gay rights groups have campaigned against Christians with violence”

Since when?
            It’s convenient that you forget how Christians have treated Gay people and all others that don’t agree with them over the centuries.
            Lets not forget how they still wish to treat us.
            A couple of very recent court cases highlight that fact.

6. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:40am

“Gay’s have desecrated our churches”
            Seriously? LOL
            “Spewed many lies pertaining to our ideologies”
            Again, Seriously? It is not the LGBTQ community that has repressed us and tried to change all facts in history if they happen to proof being Gay has been acceptable to past cultures.
            “and yet they want to be treated with dignity and respect.”
            You clearly have a different meaning to the words, as certain B&B owners and Adopting wannabes have proved.
            “is that many gays share a hatred for Christians and other religious groups”
            Again look at your history, surely it’s not hard to see why many LGBTQ people don’t trust. Hatred is a word only used generally by religious group. Sorry correction hatred is what is used mostly by religions with little respect for other human life.

7. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:50am

How a child comes into this world is immaterial. What is important is that child is loved and supported throughout.
            Equally I believe there is an element that Gay people are natures way of balancing the population. However a love between 2 people, Gay, Lesbian, Straight is not different. It is the same deep love and compassion and should be treated as such. Two people of the same sex in a committed relationship is just as valid as two people of the opposite sex.
            You think God creates but nature decides how things survive.
            The fact you seem to feel the need to question love suggests you yourself know nothing about the subject. There isn’t a price on it, it is part of being a human being. No matter how you wish to continue this ‘then and us’ attitude we may be Gay but we are human beings too.
            All you have done is proves how selfish you are. You come here with assumptions proving you know nothing about being human.
            You use your religion to satisfy your bigotry, your homophobia.

8. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:58am

I am living my life as nature intended. This is how I was born. You however chose your faith, your bigotry, your homophobia.
            You preach how Gay people come across to you as hateful, yet just sent your time here telling us we are wrong and unnatural.
            Get your head out of the gutter. Stop looking at everyone you see by the sex they have and start viewing people for what they are, human beings.
            One thing I will say, the LGBT community are better than the likes of you because unlike you we do accept others, all you do is show your complete discrimination. Then use other people’s arguements to back up your hatred.
            So this is my life, this is how I was born. I love how I am and so does my Husband who I have been with now for 18 years and no matter how you feel the need to have your caveman judgements you cannot even come close to what my Partner and I share because if you did know, you wouldn’t be questioning it.

9. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 9:00am

And finally, Take you assumptions, take your prejudice and stick them up your ass if you still have room as your head seems to spend most of it’s time up there too. All you have proved is that the LGBT community knows more about love and humanity than the likes of you.

10. Truefix – What’s it to you if we don’t breed? The world is vastly overpopulated for its limited natural resources as it is, yet you trot out some lame argument about us being selfish for not adding to this global oversubscription. If anything you should thank us for not having kids, more space for your brood.
            I would also wager that it was most likely your parents who chose your religion, not yourself. If you were born in the Middle East you would most likely be Muslim, and if you were born in India you would most likey be Hindu. These things tend to be geographically specific. You just happen to be born somewhere where christianity is the default religion. No divine intervention required.
            Thirdly where is this evidence of gays being violent against christians? We may resent the christian right for sure, but that’s because the christian right invests far too much attention campaigning against our rights, labeling us abominations and trying to peddle bogus gay cures at us.

11. @Flapjack

The world is overpopulated? So I should be happy their gay people on the earth? (Because you don’t procreate?) Really that’s what you got for me? So you do admit that being gay inevitably is a death sentence. Question:: Since the world is over populated as you say, who should live and die, so we can replenish our supply of cows/chicken/pork corn/wheat/fruits/oils/water (I didn’t know oceans and fresh water lakes are drying up???)– um sounds like s selfish comment from you. Thank God for heterosexuality that you exist to utilize those so-called depleted resources. In all reality Flapjack the reason for any food shortages in the world is because of greed and tyranny. There are plenty of natural resources on this earth that could supply double the amount of population if people weren’t so selfish. By your statement you would cancel someone out or wait for their demise so nature would find it’s balance again…Am I right? continued:::

12. Jock S. Trap 3 May 2011, 8:45am

Excellent comments Flapjack. Totally agree.
            Seems we have too many short-sighted people who think over population is a good thing, starvation is progress, wars as just one of those things.
            But then we are talking about religion.
            On the irony.

13. Jock S. Trap 4 May 2011, 8:51am

So you want to go on about “greed and tyranny” but that doesn’t come from the LGBT community does it?
            No that comes mostly from religion and religious hatred from the likes of you.
            End of argument really.
            What an idiot.

14. Katie Murphy 16 Aug 2011, 9:42pm

God chose it for me, because it is of absolute truth.

Anytime you hear absolute truth , you know its a lie.

Hitler had absolute truths also. He was catholic and the church that supports life has yet to EXcommunicate the worst murderer in history.

http://WWW.NOBELIEFS.COM/sizam.HTM will tell you why. in some pictures.
            Just reverse the 5 lower case letters first.

As for truefix – he will go to his grave, unwept, dishonored,and unsung. and “discover” that heaven is the maggots that will recycle him.

3. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:00am

Problem there truefix is that a religious belief/lifestyle is a choice one. One that adults feel they have to force on children. Being Gay, or Lesbian or Bi is the way people are born. It is NOT a belief or a lifestyle or something that is chosen. it is simply the way people are born. Therefore that would make being LGBT natural and religion chosen. Well I say chosen but children don’t choose they have it forced. Which is just plain wrong.

4. At Truefix, my school has religious groups. You’re not allowed them in lessons, but with a club formed by the students, run by the students, religious groups are allowed.

5. Utter nonsense truefix. Gay people do exist, religion is about a belief in what cannot be proven or does not exist Your comparison is false.

1. @ Trufix- Anyone with any grasp of ecology would understand that the world is vastly overpopulated. The words “plenty more fish in the sea” just don’t apply anymore as we drive more and more of our ecosystem to the brink of collapse.
          How you infer gay = death sentance from that is a non-sequiter. We all die eventually, even you. It’s just that some of us don’t add to this drain on world resources and still get labeled as selfish by those who think we all have some god-given remit to breed like rabbits. Because that’s really working right now.
          We are a billion miles from a scenario where there aren’t enough humans to provide for the next generation. Perhaps they could cultivate from the nutrient-depleted soil or the polluted overfished oceans?
          I stand by what I said, if your beef with gay people is that we aren’t making our quota of new mouths to feed, you need to go back to the drawing board. We’re not the selfish ones keeping natural resources from you.

1. Answer this simple question…Can you naturally as you are, procreate with two members of the same sex with out substitution by unnatural means? No. (DEATH). You should feel slighted by being born gay (As you say) Nature as dealt you a losing hand. Science has never proved there is a gay gene (But I’m sure you will come up with some slanted research from a gay scientist or doctor that says that one does exist?) I have read many articles from ex-gays that said they were not born that way, and if any gay says they were, then either they don’t understand the origin of their disorder, and when it began, or they have closed the door to it’s discovery. They stated most male homosexuals suffer from a compulsive disorder, that is very hard to shake, and even though they refrain from living a homosexual lifestyle, they still fight their desire’s for a gay sexual experience. They also narrowed some cases down to a social disorder that was either imposed on them from a very young age..or

2. it happened during their weakest state of mind…. be it temporary or in a lot of cases lasting a lifetime. These ex-gays also said they were never happy with themselves (Not because of so-called homophobes and a non-tolerant society) because they could never feed their sexual hungers. They said they also suffered physically, because sex between two men is very destructive…In a lot of cases causing irreversible damage. They said men are not designed for such encounters….it is not natural for men to engage in sexual activity such as that.

3. I can equally point you to people at the core of the ex-gay therapy movement who even pioneered it who have since been photographed with rent boys at airports who they took on holiday to help “lift their luggage”. George Rekers of NARTH springs readily to mind.
            And both the American psychiatric Association and their British counterparts have debunked ex-gay therapy. You can go through the motions of changing your engrained sexuality but the underlying cause remains. Ex-gay therapy is also abusive in many cases leading to depression and suicides.
            I don’t have to justify my continued existance to you or anyone else by proving I can create more of me.
            The “unnatural” label is another canard… there is a large body of evidence that all kinds of animals from the smallest to the largest demonstrate examples of gay relationships. What you mean by unnatural is “doesn’t result in offspring”, a totally seperate and irrelevant criteria.

4. Jock S. Trap 4 May 2011, 8:48am

As yet they haven’t found a ‘straight’ gene so you argument is seriously flawed.
            However since you seem to want to carry on with the discriminating term ‘disorder’ proves you have very low intelligence and therefore am not worthy of debating with.
            Religion created itself high and mighty but then shows such hatred and seperation. It is nothing more than abusing human beings to support your own warped, twisted fantasy of religious texts and the desire to think oneself superior.
            That, matey, is the True definition of disorder.
            It’s not about how people love each other. For you it’s about how you and your lot hate one another.
            Deny it all you want but you should maybe seek help and check yourself in.

2. Katie Murphy 16 Aug 2011, 9:46pm

Religion is about stories from 2000 years ago, passed down word of mouth, changed endlessly to fit peoples ideas and hates and then called hte bible. Not even written down for a couple hundred years

the book along with other religions books that have cause more death and mayhem then any other idea on earth

All religion is is the power rush and the money people gett while making fools of the masses.
          And of course eventulally the leaders believe their own crap.

6. Katie Murphy 16 Aug 2011, 9:38pm

BNo, the last thing we are going to do is allow bigoted religion in schools.

and the key thing we need to do is build good citizens fully respectful of others.

Which means being a counterforce to the hate you people teachc your children at home.

Go back to your hate group . Or are you just another of the endless stream of god fearers who are secretly gay and throw out their self hatred on others.

2. Samuel Croft 28 Apr 2011, 5:40pm

If it serves to united people in school and make the school better then it should not be banned. This can be fought and I’m sure that it will be so get ready.

3. And these people are responsible for the edcuation of the next generation? Great example there, to behave like petulant brats.

4. douglas in canada 28 Apr 2011, 7:27pm

“The school board voted to ban any extra-curricular school group from using school premises during school hours. The ban also means that groups cannot use school resources.”

So, would they not want a chess club or debating team? It sounds like a contrived excuse. Hopefully the sports clubs qualify as “extra-curricular” and are equally disqualified.

These people are doing their children a HUGE injustice.

5. Dan Filson 28 Apr 2011, 8:05pm

The very fact that students wanted to form a gay-straight alliance is an enormous jump forward from 45-50 years ago. The school board should wake up and smell the coffee.

6. Coincidence my @ss.

7. Maybe I’m missing something,but one doesn’t usually hear of such ‘coincidental’ measures in the North-East US or the West Coast. Only in the less-than-liberal hinterland.

8. I am a New Mexican from the mostly liberal Central/North part of the state (near Santa Fe).. Clovis is from the southeastern part of the state we jokingly call “Little Texas” due to it’s its oil wells, cattle ranches and conservative politics.IMHO It is likely that the gay-straight alliance request did trigger the club ban. There are quite a few gay-straight alliances elsewhere in the state.

1. Glad to hear there are nice bits. And I’m told it’s a very beautiful state.

9. One must understand that New Mexico has one of the lowest per capita income levels of any US State and is a traditionalist and highly paternalistic society. It is one of those southern states were time has remained stopped and social conditions remain just slightly higher than during the “Early Medieval” era. What else might one expect from such unenlightened neanderthals who far from being extinct, seem to be proliferating inside the Republican Party. A Californian by birth.

10. Good school administration!

1. You should try school sometime. Might make you one bit less the retard you really are.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 10:17am

Don’t bank on it!!

2. You optimist, Will! :D

2. P. Sherman 1 May 2011, 5:36am

Oh yes, I agree. Way to go schoolboard! Instead of allowing an LGBT support club, let’s just cancel ‘em all and call it a coincidence. I mean, funding is for gay schools…..FAIL. you ever use that thing on top of your shoulders….the, uh….brain, maybe? Because, this seems to work against your “schooly” knowledge.

11. hahahahahaha

1. Is that a comment, or an expression of your current state of happiness/insanity?

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 11:56am

He’s probably just had his nipple pierced. Pain does funny things.

12. Yeah right 1 May 2011, 1:05pm

Did they get the idea from Harry Potter and hte Order of the Phoenix? Didn’t work there, either. The clubs just went underground.