Interview: Richard ‘Biff’ Stannard, the man with the X Factor

1. Um, I just have to respond to the comment, he “has an ass like a black man”. Since it was said decades ago, let’s just keep it in that time slot and not repeat it again. Racist.

1. Well it was said by a black female so I guess she felt ‘entitled’ to say it.

2. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 2:02am

lol thats not racist!
      that assumes that saying someone has a black arse is derogatory – its a bloody compliment!
      Or it otherwise assumes that its somehow playing on racial stereotypes.

Its not racist to talk about differences between different races – its only racist to prejudge people based on ASSUMPTIONS based on those PERCEIVED differences.

As I read it the article is merely noting what Mel B said to him.

3. muslelad23 29 Apr 2011, 5:53am

That’s not racist. It’s a compliment. get over it.

4. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 7:04am

Far from racist, actually, definitely a compliment. A lot of Black men have Very nice ‘asses’ I know my fella does.
      And something he never tires from hearing from just about everywhere he goes!!
      :P

1. Pics please! I’ll cast the deciding vote!

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 4:23pm

So 1 pic of rear for you and 1 pics ‘other side’ for James! LOL
          I always knew I was a very lucky man!! ;)

1. I’ll take front and back pics please, I like to be sure before putting my X in the box so to speak…..

2. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 7:31am

LOL, seems only fair! :)

2. Erm, I don’t think pinknews are racist for repeating someone else’s comment. Also this man seems lovely, best of luck to him. :)

3. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:52am

Sexy as fc*k

4. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:56am

But simply not true to say he’s “written and produced some of the best songs in the history of pop music” (“arguably” or otherwise!)

Yes Biff has written and produced some memorable choons but generally he has loitered around at the Lowest Common Denominator pantswash end of the post 90s Pop scene.

I have a cunning feeling that he is capable of far more than his churn-em-out back catalogue would suggest.

Mista Dexter may be a musical genius (albeit that he does have crap taste in manipulative stablemates) but I reckon Biff has been playing it low and easy musically for far too long (which is why Simon Cowell loves him so much – same goes for Simon too!)

5. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:57am

Mind you – did I say that he really is sexy as fc*k?

ps they stop you from saying f * * k with two stars if you leave out the spaces! lol

1. muslelad23 29 Apr 2011, 5:55am

looks like a shaved bulldog to me, but to each his own. Oh and may I saw what a talented, brilliant man he is to? See i’m not a shallow queen.

6. “left home at the age of 17″?

Erm…. I don’t think he did, but he was a good dancer and the arse comment was from that time too!

Rose tinted glasses anyone?

7. Now I know who to blame for all that lame music, to think I was satisfied with bemoaning Ms Cowell & other S.AnW clones. \../,

8. Another Hannah 29 Apr 2011, 9:35pm

No the ass comment is definately racist, but by the original speaker of course. His looks aren’t particularly important, the fact is he’s talented. If your only concerned with his looks, how shallow is that? Do you think it’s true that Gay men like straight men tend to look at everyone as a sex object? As a trans. person I’m a ware of this often when somebody makes a comment or other. You think, well I wasn’t actually dealing with you as sex material, I was just walking down the street and didn’t want to have anything to do with you…….

1. Staircase2 30 Apr 2011, 3:39pm

its not shallow to be attracted to someone…. (gay/str8/bi/transexual etc etc etc)

secondly who said anything about only being concerned with his looks? lol I am very much concerned (greatly) with much of his musical output too! lol

And he’s talented enough to know better!

being attracted to someone doesnt turn them into a sex ‘object’ – its only objectifying them that does that – and fancying someone does not mean you are objectifying them per se.,,,,

1. Still though, I’d ‘objectify’ him all night long. Shame he shared a bed with Tom Watkins aka the face that dunked a thousand chips. *Shudder*, now there’s a person you wouldn’t want to meet on a dating website.

1. Staircase2 1 May 2011, 12:51am

Well with Tom (as well you know….’ahem!’) its not a matter of ‘wanting’ anything – theres no room for anyone else in Tom’s Universe – which is why he’s very unhappily ensconced in it.

The man is a complete PR genius – just a total dickhead in the realm of any kind of social intelligence…denser than a tightly packed packet of densely flavoured crisps named ‘Dense-O-Matic’

9. Slow news day PN? (I was going to post this comment on the “Is Kate Middleton’s brother gay?” innuendo story at the top of the page but for some reason comments are disabled. If your standards slip much further you will be indistinguishable from GT!!!

1. Well if we’re going to start a straw poll I’d prefer to bang James Middleton’s ‘posh’ ass than this dude’s ‘black’ ass.

10. Wilburbear 1 May 2011, 7:37pm

Why are you all getting hung up on a comment in the article and not the article itself. I for one grew up with the Spice Girls and East 17, as well as the others and the music defined my generation, the songs are being a dj myself I know that all it takes is sticking on Wanabe to get screams from the dance floor, a helluva lot more screams than Lady Gaga gets I tell you.
    So get off the racist comment, and don’t forget it was said by a Spice Girl herself, not the gifted Mr Stannard.
    A zig a zig ah!!!

1. Jock S. Trap 2 May 2011, 8:29am

Seriously?
      Oh dear!
      Doesn’t say much for people’s taste in music does it?
      ;)

11. PAUL MARSHALL 4 May 2011, 10:52am

He’s another one who is the right place at the right time.It’s not what you can write/produce,its who you know,if he wasn’t dating Tom then chances are he’d not ended up being involved in music.I sent him some demo’s late last year via his manager,who passed them on to him. I never heard back,not even when l requested my material be returned to me.I’d even bought him a CD that l thought he might like to chillout to.Manners cost nothing,but it seems those that make it forget how hard it it to break into the music industry.Something Mr Stannard should contemplate on how fortunate he was.I bear no grudge,but how on earth are potential hit makers ever going to get a fair crack of the whip if the likes of the “Biff’s” of the world’s don’t even care ! We are after all the one’s who have made it possible for him to lead a priviledged lifestyle. All the Best,hope Matt’s album is better than poor Joe’s as the songs on that album were very average. Lovely voice though ;-)