Elton John’s mother speaks about rift

1. Meh. Could be worse, she coulda been Renate Blauel. Now there’s a woman who probably never wants to speak to Elton again.

2. This is family business, a metter between mother and son, and NONE of our business!!!

1. then she shouldn’t have talked to the sun about it.

2. I wish it was just his business, but Elton makes everything he does everyone else’s business. That’s the problem with Elton John. I wish he’d just retire and disappear from the public eye, but he just won’t go away.

1. David Myers 29 Apr 2011, 6:33am

Eddy Two – you’ve got your nerve – blaming this exposure on Elton! She is the one who talked to the press not him. How is that “Elton making everything he does everyone else’s business?” Get real!

1. Maybe Elton’s mother thought since he wouldn’t talk to her in person that this is the only way he would hear her. I so understand her feelings , because we just had a encounter with Elton and he sent someone from his business to handle a personal matter. To be honest with you , it showed me what type of man he is. “GO MOM” freedom of speech ~

3. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 11:36am

“She is a lovely lady but she is 86 and she is frail and old.””

Erm why the but? but she us 86… so what?

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 11:36am

Damn Softward numbers!!

2. Are they trying to suggest that as she gets older she’s harder to tolerate? Unlike Elton who’s been a pain in the hole all his life (both figuratively and technically).

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 2:57pm

Must admit did think that CMYB. That and if they think that of the elderly Gaga knows what they think of a child so young.

4. If she didn’t want to start mudslinging why did she mention it in the first place!

5. I don’t speak to my mother either!

6. Basic rule – if someone supports you financially you don’t blab to the yellow press. Or is this part of being frail and old?

7. god im so bored with this elton stories hardly news

8. What a loathesome creature Elton John is.

9. I think I’d have disowned him long ago, what a disgrace to his mother and to the gay community, he is pure vile, hopefully he wont be around for much longer, he is getting on.

1. He and his various postures might be (are) deeply irritating, but it’s worth remembering that he has given away a greater proportion of his wealth to charities than anyone else in the UK, which at least is one mitigating factor.

1. I see that fact used a lot for celebrities, but you have to put it in to perspective- Elton is a multi-millionaire who donates to charities (and that is great) but there are plenty of us living just above the breadline who have X amount of money direct debited from our accounts each month for some charity or other. So Elton can afford to VERY visibly donate cash to charities. Likewise Madge giving over 50 odd grand to the Haiti appeal, in the greater scheme of things that’s loose change to people like Elton and Madge who are earning millions every year.

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 3:00pm

Well put CMYB!!

2. Fair enough, but I remember reading somewhere that he’d given away a total of 12.5% of his wealth to charity, which is a pretty significant amount.

I do realise it’s all expendable wealth and far beyond what he would need to survive, but the fact is he doesn’t have to, and it’s rather good that he does. (Specially when you consider that the rich don’t usually give as generously as the less-well-off.)

1. Its a significant amount for HIM because he’s worth so much. 12.5% probably scratches the surface of how much is wealth is. Its not like he’s left himself shoeless and homeless because of his donations.

2. True, but would you rather he kept it to himself?

2. Well big deal.

Elton John is the creature that performed a series of concerts in Apartheid era South Africa for big bucks.

He is also the creature who profits from homophobia by whoring himself out as the wedding singer to vile bigots.

He is a horrendous person.

2. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 2:58pm

Considering you said in another thread you wanted to see section 28 returned I doubt you actually know much about the Gay community other than you warped assumptions.

3. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:06am

the word ‘vile’ is so horribly overused in gay circles – can we end it now please?
      (Plus it often says more about the person doing the ‘viling’ than it does about the ‘Vilee’!)

1. I’d prefer to see the end of using the term ‘queer’ to be honest with you.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 10:55am

So three things we’d like to rid of
          ‘Vile’, ‘Queer’, ‘Rich’
          Oh fancy that making up a statement.

1. I wouldn’t mind but according to the posting per person tally Rich is racking up the numbers and has hit close to 70, how can one person hate a group of people so much that he spends all his time on this site? If he’d been raised a Catholic he’d be f–ked by priests and made to feel guilty, as it is he appears to be raised in the Islamic faith, f–ked by imams and tries to make us feel guilty.

2. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:09am

Prehaps he’s bitter coz his boyfriemd just dumped him?!

10. Jane, I’m going to burn a bible in your honour, you stupid, pathetic, sexless, ugly piece of human detritus who doesn’t deserve to exist. Get back under the rock from whence you spawned.

1. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:07am

‘Spawned’ seems to be another one……

11. Old ladies are somewhat inclinded to be vicious, old queens much the same.
    I really wouldn’t worry about any of it.

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 2:59pm

Oh right, like mother, like son then eh? LOL

12. Well he better try to get back on speaking terms before it is too late, otherwise he could regret it if she dies.

1. And if not then he’ll be sobbing to the media and anyone who’ll listen about his regrets. Didn’t he give an interview with Piers Morgan and stated his father had zero communication (by choice) with Elton. Now Elton is doing a similar thing. Dunno was he a bigger tw@t before during or after the cocaine years. The guy is just a walking contradiction.

13. martyn notman 28 Apr 2011, 8:13pm

I suspect the rift is mainly about the fact she looks younger than he does..

1. Paul - England 29 Apr 2011, 6:38pm

Say no good then say no evil

1. Paul - England 29 Apr 2011, 6:38pm

Darn got that on the wrong post, it’s meant to be a comment to the post below

14. Now humanity knows that Elton John is the NASTY PERVERT! He even does not care for his very elderly MOTHER…. What a disgusting creature he IS!……

1. Mrs Farebrother … confirmed that the singer still looks after her financially

1. David Myers 29 Apr 2011, 6:37am

What a bunch of digusting trolls hanging around in here. Hope your hate levels don’t eat you from the inside out. Get a life!

1. elaine kils 29 Apr 2011, 3:47pm

I agree. Some horrible people about,me thinks. Dont say these things because of John’s way of life. It is private and should be respected.
          Phobia prejudice again raises its ugly head.
          Lease John alone.

2. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 7:22am

Actually I think it’s safe to say it’s you that is the “NASTY PERVERT” mr.

15. Dan Filson 29 Apr 2011, 8:53am

The only solution for PinkNews comments to be rid of these hate-filled homophobes is for posting under real names only (the only other alternative being a moderator with all the inherent delays in comments appearing). As it is, the Comments are like cats in a bag. The sense gets drowned out by the screeching

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 1:53pm

Or one nickname per person only being able to change it via an email to PinkNews.

2. I’d like proper mods who removed comments asap. I know many of the more offensive ones have been reported a number of times yet they’re still here.
      Only people registered on PN should be allowed to comment in my opinion like in many forums. That way they’d be easier to ban.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:29am

Yes exactly. Registration, one person, one email registration. I did ask PinkNews in November about multiple name use because at the time mine was being hijacked and this was the response:-

“I’m sorry about this but unfortunately we don’t have the resources right now to set up a registered users scheme.”
        and
        “In addition, we do not have time to check names against IP addresses each time a comment is made.”
        It kind of left me disappointed but a couple things have changed since but sadly multiple names etc hasn’t been one of them. I stopped signing up to PinkNews after that. Kinda feel they should better protect their readers and hopefully one day they will but until then I will remain a contributer but not a member(meaning signing into).

1. Thanks for that, Jock. I guessed it might be a matter of resources for PN and that’s understandable. I just get frustrated when offensive and threatening comments stay here day after day sometimes. Maybe PN could use voluntary mods?

16. No offence, but he’s a knob and I wouldn’t talk to him if he was my son.

17. elton you should heal the rift because when she’s gone you will never be able to say sorry {is the hardest word } and will neva forgive yourself do it now whilst you can, you only have 1 mum and she can never be replaced