Gay man beaten in homophobic south London attack

1. Sorry how can this be defined as a homophobic attack as suppose to a random incident? Perhaps I’ve missed something.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:46pm

Because the group started to abusing Mr Anderson opposite the KAZ Bar early Sunday morning where he was showered with abuse. The fact they only picked on this man was because of his shorts.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:47pm

cont

the punched him twice.
        It is clearly an unprovoked homophiobic attack and should be treated as such.

1. Jock, you have not answered the question.

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:03pm

Actually I did but never mind.

2. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:09am

According to the article it doesnt appear certain that this is a homophobic incident.

3. Gay Daily Mail Reader 29 Apr 2011, 2:29pm

Whether he was wearing shorts or he was gay there is no excuse for violence. I am gay, I wear shorts most of the time and advocate the wearing of them. I also take offence towards self-appointed fashion police who reckon that gentlemen are not supposed to wear them.

2. Homophobic attacks are based on whether the victim has perceived it as such , the same with race and other hate crimes. , Wake up!

1. Almost every crime is motivated by hatred of others or society, so in essence every crime is a hate crime. Wake up!

1. Pepa, I’ll just try and explain the nuances of what a hate crime is for you. A hate crime is when someone is targeted for a particular reason – they are black, they are gay, they are trans, etc. It defines a crime where the victim is being punished because they are hated by the perpetrator, which is why its called a hate crime. My house got robbed recently. It wasn’t because I was gay, I’ve no idea why, they just needed the money? They didn’t rob my house because I was gay or because they hated me. Therefore it’s not a hate crime. Simple really. Hope you understand the difference now.

2. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:19pm

Pepa,

Where a person attacks a person because of quality x, the attack is primarily against x, of which the person is a representative.

Where x is a protected quality, the laws of the country consider that it has a value in being protected, be it race, gender, sexuality, religion or age.

In those circumstances, it is appropriate for the state to treat such a crime more severely as it is more than a crime against an individual but against a whole group in society.

1. An attack on such a person becomes a wider attack on each and every person that shares quality x.

So if I were to rob a liquor store and killed the clerk, basically I committed a crime against all liquor stores and clerks. If I kicked a dog because it was peeing on me and for being such an animal I basically kicked all dogs… My point is these are all crimes already, and hate crimes are just tag-a-longs to satisfy the gay rank and file. If you want to be true to equality why not make it a “hate crime” to attack people based on hairstyles? Based on driving skills (thats a good one), based on liking 80’s music (I witnessed this myself) on and on…

2. de Villiers 29 Apr 2011, 10:16am

Pepa,
            I do not agree with your logic. When a person robs a liquor store, the intention is to commit a theft. It is not to attack liquor stores as a corporate group with an independent identity.
            When a person attacks someone who is gay on the grounds of their sexuality, that is an attack on the corporate group of homosexuality of which there is an identity separate from those of the individual members of that group. The person seeks to harm a larger metaphysical whole that is greater than merely the sum of its individual parts.
            It is for this reason that the German atrocities against Jews and homosexuals are considered to be such greater crimes – it was a systematic and determined attempt not just to kill out individuals but to wipe out an entire culture.

3. de Villiers 29 Apr 2011, 10:26am

> If you want to be true to equality why not make it a “hate crime” to attack people based on hairstyles? Based on driving skills (thats a good one), based on liking 80′s music (I witnessed this myself) on and on…
            That is a decision for politicians – the consideration of those qualities or protected grounds that are worthy of specific protection in a liberal and democratic society.
            I would have thought, however, that those groups that would be particularly worthy of protection would be where there is little or no freedom of entry or exit and where the group has an identity separate from that of its members.
            Persons who have particular hairstyles can choose to enter / exit groups which share a particular style. Also, a group of individuals with a particular hairstyle is likely to have no identity separate from its individual members. Persons who are black, however, have had no choice to enter / exit such a group, which is likely to have its own identity separate from its members.

3. Pepa, you must provide evidence that straight people are identified, hunted down, and then beaten to am pulp or worse, on account of their heterosexuality. This does happen with gay people. That is what we mean by a hate crime, when someone is attacked solely on account of their nature.

4. Pepa Said: If you want to be true to equality why not make it a “hate crime” to attack people based on hairstyles?
          ——-
          I have been attacked for that very thing you mention. Nice to have my jaw broken and two teeth knocked out… all for being gay and having spiky blond hair with red and blue tips. At first it was the Sonic The Hedgehog insults, when I asked what he had against me for having a diverse hairstyle, I got lamped around the face.
          This guy was hauled before the courts and fined. Five years later he was in a motorbike accident. Karma. :)

2. Staircase2 29 Apr 2011, 1:10am

er not exactly

there has to be an element of homophobia – or racism….

3. the guy had started the argument slating homosexually abusive comments, starting with the shorts, his purse (wallet) that he was a raging ****ing homosexual and was disgusting, who’s points weren’t valid cause he was gay.

1. Yes but those details aren’t included in the initial Pink News report.

1. Correct, they were not, but it is in the police report not sure why thoes details were not run in the article

2. A description of the attacker might help…..

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2011, 3:19pm

It wouldn’t. It would only invoke racial hatred, as it always does… ;)

1. Because blacks and asians are allowed to attack gay people while anglos are not.

When a black person is arrested for a hate crime it is typically ignored by the gay media or played down. Because according the Gay Manifesto (TM) gays MUST joins in other “oppressed” groups’ struggles even if such group opposes homosexuality (muslims, blacks, etc)

1. Calm down Pepa, time for some more chakra meditation. There is no gay manifesto.

1. Yes there is.

2. If there is, then by all means show us where it is, I would love to read it myself. Without proof, you are nothing more than a ridiculous paranoid fool with your own disturbed issues to deal with, and a second rate blog to vent your paranoid delusions.

Sorry if that offends you, but it happens to be the truth.

3. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:35am

Will
            He’s refering to this:-

It’s from nearly 40 years ago 5 years after the law was changed.
            Dunno about you but I can’t really see that as proof more like a group in it’s early days gaining momentum.
            I think I need something a little more 2011 and not so much 1972 (revised in 1978)
            In short Pepa’s argument is flawed… yet again!

4. LOL! This is what this moron is referring to???? What a joke.

5. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 10:59am

Yep, bit like his blog!

6. I think Pepa can be treated like some raving, ranting young earth creationist – ignored and ridiculed, as his arguments are so banal.

2. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:11pm

Sorry Pepa, do you have something a little more up to date than 1972? LOL

3. Some men dislike abnormals, I mean homosexuals, and become violent…. Oh, well…. I feel sorry for the guy anyway….

1. Helen Wilson 27 Apr 2011, 1:46pm

religious mania is a recognised mental illness, so all religionists must be abnormal…why do we encourage this abnormal mental illness that is clearly delusional behaviour? Surly we should look to cure religious delusions with aversion therapy or electro conclusive therapy as atheism is the normal mental state for humans.

Hmmmm do religionists have sufficient mental capacity to vote, drive, work or interact with the normal majority?

1. What does religion have to do with this story?

2. I join in codemning this vile atack, but must say that there is nothing in this story to link this attack to any religion.
        As a matter of fact, none of the convicted thugs who have carried otu homophobic attacks in London has been religous.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:51pm

Are you absolutely sure about that?

1. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2011, 3:20pm

No, but you would make damn sure it was if you had your way.

2. Are you sure that this was a “hate crime” at all?

Actually who cares. Jock is allowed to make assumptions while others are not.

3. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:42pm

Lots of people care Pepa, except it seems you and most other homophobes who will no doubt share your view.

3. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:20pm

> religious mania is a recognised mental illness, so all religionists must be abnormal

Both of my parents are Catholic (as are many in France) and as am I. I am quite sure that we are not abnormal or suffering from any mental illness.

2. Rich

You obviously have desires for some same sex activity. Why would you come here to post such rubbish. I bet your also hostile to gay people thinking you’re hiding your true nature it’s very immature

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:50pm

Exactly James!
        Rich just get on with the same sex activity you so clearly desire already! Your becoming a bored. Becoming?

1. Oh, Jocky-Cocky, that’s make me sick…

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:12pm

It’s called Lust in your case dear. Do get it over with.

2. You are dead right, but I controlling myself, and staying away from all guys as poisoneous creatures!

1. Ah, you you ARE a closet case homosexual.

Explains a lot. Iris was right after all.

I would pity you enormously, if you were worth of even that. All you have shown us is that we are stronger and more intellectually sufficient than someone like you who hides behind insults as a mean to stay in the closet. You are the most pathetic piece of trash yet to visit this site. And that is saying something.

2. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 9:57am

It seems while you stay away we have to be subjected to you particularly nasty venom.
          Two words spring to mind… Pot and Kettle.

3. James! is just regurgitating the same script given to him by the gay mafia.

I don’t get why gay people need to be compared to or be accused of being closet cases when indeed most likely there are people out there who say things base on actual genuine animosity of gays. Every evil man out there is therefore gay under this logic (including Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Bahati, Mugabe etc).

And his parrot Jock will reply with something like “Exactly James!” etc… Oh wait he actually did.

Since Jock is allowed to suspect that there are certain posters here that post under different names can it be fair to suspect that such can be happening in this section of the thread?

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Apr 2011, 12:01pm

Wow, bitter much?
          Do tell what it is you hope to achieve by being quite so personal?

1. Nothing personal, just pointing out the obvious mate.

2. You should read his blog, its laughable! Its like it was written by a child who took too much Calpol! What a load of rubbish. And he comes in here with the vain attempt to promote that sad load of paranoid muck…. retard.

3. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:16pm

Yes Tom it is somewhat comical

4. James, you are wrong. I wish all homosexuals will be removed from the face of Earth…. If you think that I want to have sex with anal fixated indiots on Earth, you are insane!….

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 8:05am

An yet, here you still are.

2. Rich, why do you want all homosexuals removed from the face of the earth?

3. You mean lots of peoples brothers, sisters, nephews, neices, uncles, aunts, fathers, mothers (Yes fathers and mothers) etc. You mean lots of nurses, doctors, social workers, teachers, police, and all sorts of other professionals and other valuable types of work will be deprived of good people to fill them because your a c&*t. Your the one thats insane. Now f%^k off you loser.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 9:59am

He’s just coming here to try and be shocking.. yawn.
            He doesn’t realise he is breaking the law with his nasty homophobia.
            Bet he’ll be crying to Mummy when he’s found.

3. Still cruising around this lovely gay site, Rich? Something you need to get off your chest?

1. Are you a lesbian? Don’t you know that I don’t consider lesbians as women? Logocally, I consider lesbians just as female rats from dirty street sewers… Fu-fu!…

1. Rich. when you come out with dehumanising comments like the one above, one wonders were your humanity is.

1. He hasn’t got any, he’s a retard.

His mother was probably a whore and he’s the result of a trick what involved too much heroine.

2. I said once: all homosexuals are underhuman. They never has beed human.Logically, how dehumanization of them possible? That’s absurd!

3. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:17am

Ding Ding – Loony City Centre – Everyone off!!

4. Rich, your circular argument is not only convenient, but you cannot really hide your sadistic impulses towards homosexuals, behind self-referential narcisstic preoccupations with tormenting LGBT people

2. Really, Rich? I don’t think you think highly of ANY women, do you? Misogynist is the word. Gay men are more your thing, it seems, yet you hate yourself for it and so scream and rant on a gay site and make yourself look an utter fool.
          Your comments don’t shock – they make us PITY you. Poor Rich – repressed and unable to realise how ill he is.

4. An 'abnormal' 27 Apr 2011, 7:05pm

Rich, does your mother know?

1. She is dead, unfortunately….

1. Rich, if you dislike LGBT people, why do you spend so much of your time on an LGBT website, posting comments and intereacting with “abnormals” as you so put it?

1. JohnK, I am trying to comprehend such mental abnormality of homosexuality better then before, in order to correct it, if that possible.

2. Either because he has no life, or because his animosity is so great he needs to compare gay people to mental patients, even though his behavior is more relevant to that classification.

This is assuming, though, that he is an actual anti-gay man. He seems too eager to show us his disapproval. Most likely it is a gay activist posing as a degenerate homophobe, which many gay activists do online. I used to do that when I was an activist.

3. Rich, why do you think you can cure homosexuality?

Are you a doctor / therapists ?

4. @ pepa: AHA! The zeal of the convert. Much is explained.

5. I am interested to know ontogenesis of homosexual abnormality.

6. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:24pm

Rich, there is no benefit in using Greek words when shorter words will do.

The part word ‘ont’ meaning being and ‘genesis’ meaning birth referring to the development of something from its earliest to maturation stage.

7. Rich wrote

“I am interested to know ontogenesis of homosexual abnormality”
            Rich, how are you going to research the
            ontogenesis of homosexuality using comments from pinknews threads?

Secondly, do you have permission from pinknews to use the material on their website?

8. JohnK, I only hope that I can cure some homosexuals while others have to die…

2. Whores die young, that’s why. Too much drugs, was it? No wonder you’re fcuked in the head, you islamic retard.

1. I am immune to your insults.

Your mama was a zoophiliac, and many dogs coupulated with her vaginally, and she sucked dog’s penises every day, and eating dog’s sperm, and also she trained you from your perverted childdhood to do the same sort of perversions. That’s how you become a homosexual animal, Tom.

2. Sounds like a Lady Gaga music video, think I’ll give it a miss Rich.

3. Rich, and how exaclty do you plan to cure homosexuals?

1. Rich, perhaps you have tried to cure homosexuals in the past, but it has not worked out?

2. But I bet he had fun trying ;)

5. Rich, get it into your head!

The abnormal haters will have to deal with their hate somehow. Anyway, can you define normal!?!?!?!

There is no such thing. We all have a right to be as we want to be! If I want to wear Black Doc Martens Boots with red laces, I will wear them. If I want to sport blond spiky hair with red and blue tips, I will do that. No one will dictate to me how to live my life! I’m old enough to make concious decisions for myself and I don’t need someone from some bigoted nanny state up bringing telling me what to do that you very much!

4. Helen Wilson 27 Apr 2011, 1:37pm

The reporting must missed something out, because from what I’m reading its over his shorts not his sexuality!

Or amI being a bit dim?

1. Paul Kirwan 27 Apr 2011, 1:49pm

I think we need to see a picture of the shorts before reaching any conclusions.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:55pm

Sorry but that suggests that this vile act may have been justified. It wasn’t.
        Disgusting attitude.
        London is supposed to be a city of diversity.
        It doesn’t matter what his shorts looked like it does not entitle people to throw homophobic abuse and violence.

1. “London is supposed to be a city of diversity.”

Thanks to this policy of “diversity” (or forced multiculturalism) the once beautiful city of London is now ghetto-ised, which then leads to incidents like this.

Anti-gay attacks are on the rise in london, and no its not because there is lack of “diversity” but lack of order.

LOL, “diversity.” And this is coming from somebody that shuts down anybody else with diverse opinions.

2. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 3:52pm

People only choose to attack, not to be attacked.

1. Its both.

There is a person that chooses to attack, and then there is a person that either choses to defend himself or take the beating.

The gay mafia is indoctrinating gay people to be docile and defenseless and discourages masculinity (not the fake body builder type, that is encouraged) and wants the ideal gay male to be a defenseless victim of his circumstance therefore validating the authority of the gay mafia and by proxy the corporate/political/royal ruling class.

1. what with the whole hay mafia thing since when did we have a mafia :S some on sounds like a conspiracy theorist

2. PumpkinPie 28 Apr 2011, 6:03pm

You’re absolutely insane. Glancing at your blog, it seems like you just flit from one extremist camp to another. How about just growing up and developing a rational and sensible world view?

3. I had a perusal of Pepa’s blog too, he’s about one blink away from Lee Harvey Oswald territory. Left-wing militia this, gay marxism that. Sounds like someone was booted out of whatever tinpot activism group he was involved with.

4. Sometimes it is really hard to take everything I say, especially when gays have been brainwashed and manipulated, I mean take a look at the previous three posts, they all attack me instead of addressing the points I made.

Well that is how people tend to react. This is how people reacted when I told them that being gay was not a choice, that was just “a conspiracy theory” well that has been proven to be true.

The fact is that you can show whatever intolerance and hostility you like, but its not going to brake me, nor it would change what I come to know about the gay rights movement, who is behind it and etc.

5. Jock S. Trap 29 Apr 2011, 2:29pm

Thats because what you say is absolute rubbish.
            Those 3 comments are a direct response to how you come across.
            You don’t give anything to respond to, just bizarre rantings.
            People who don’t agree with have been “brainwashed and manipulated”? Where do you get off, loony city centre?
            You’ve just said people chose to Be attacked. This attack was unprovoked. The poor lad didn’t ask to be beaten and no-one had the right to attack.
            Nobody asks to be attacked by anybody no matter how much you seem to want to suggest otherwise.
            Then you claim stuff about the Gay mafia, discouraging musculinity, ideal gay male, defenseless victim, Gay mafia (again) proxy, blah blah blah. Then wonder why your responses.
            It’s complete lunacy bordering on farcical.

6. what a dumb remark. Who is this gay mafia? You referred to one opinion by one person. It made no reference to an ‘ideal’ gay male – this is clearly what you have been brainswashed with, no doubt in the Deep South. Some people are camp by nature, others, less so. Deal with it.
            Actually, do you accept that evolution is a fact or are you one of those creationist loons, as most American conservatives tend to be? Come on, give us a laugh…

3. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2011, 9:08pm

@Paul Kirwan…
        …. Could this be the first case of wardrobephobia, and if so should we tag wardrobe on to the end of GLBTQW…lol

2. Yeah Helen, all I got from the story was his shorts ‘irritated’ the perpetrator of the crime. I don’t know where the homophobic element comes into the crime unless the attacker used homophobic language prior to the physical attack. Still the young lad didn’t deserve hassle let alone an assault for what he was wearing. I’m assuming the attacker was on day release or a hobo.

1. Helen Wilson 27 Apr 2011, 2:05pm

The thing is most major cities have random psychos that commit random acts of unprovoked violence, we must be careful we don’t mislabel such attacks as homophobic.

I just hope the poor man is OK and this incident does not stop him getting on with life.

1. Helen. I usually agree with you but if a same sex couple showed any affection in most of London they will get a negative reaction and it may be violent. London is extremely homophobic some places are no go areas. I don’t understand the denial how many more attacks will have to happen before we admit it.

1. James! I’m in total agreement with you and I don’t doubt it probably was a homophobic attack but the explanation given by the victims is a bit vague, perhaps more details will be revealed at a later stage including (if police want any help from witnesses) what the attacker looked like. The victim’s comment ”I have always thought London was the most diverse and open city in the world” shows him to be naive about London but hey he’s young that doesn’t mean he deserves a beating from some tw@t who didn’t like how he was dressed. Either more homophobic crimes are being reported than in previous decades or else London really is going to the f–king dogs in recent years and to be honest I do think London is becoming less friendly to LGBTs, we’re a softer easier target
            than other minorities. You just have to see white chavs assimilating themselves into black gangs etc in an attempt to ‘belong’. We’re way down the food chain I’m afraid.

2. London is marketed around the world as a gay friendly place. It absoutly is not it’s gay tolerant at best

3. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 3:00pm

It used to be James! but I fear it is changing for the worst.

4. ‘Gay tolerant’, that just about sums up London James! There’s been a progression of stories over the past 12 or so months which one would have culminated with the attack on Ian Baynham but unfortunately the bigotry continues. I was shouted down on another story for advocating physical retaliation against these homophobic scumbags but I do think the only language they understand is a damn good beating. Kiss-ins and the likes are all well and good but have little long term value.

5. Cmyb. I dont condone violence but if I get any aggro one of the fcukers is coming with me. Never start always finish

3. Lets not be naive, if you look “different” in London your become a target. Wearing shorts in the company of another man, the body language they shared, their hair cuts, footwear will may have made the targets for anti gay people. Remember gay is still a synonym for rubbish.

4. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:53pm

They have missed parts out of this story. The Fact it started outside the KAZ Bar in the early hours of Sunday morning.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:58pm

The victims boyfriend was held back by friends of the attacker to stop trying to halt the attack.

5. the guy had started the argument slating homosexually abusive comments, starting with the shorts, his purse (wallet) that he was a raginging homosexual and was disgusting, who’s points weren’t valid cause he was gay.

5. Dan Filson 27 Apr 2011, 1:47pm

The victim of a homophobic attack is well able to tell what is simply an attack about fashion and what is homophobic.

1. Eddy - the original one, from 2007 on 27 Apr 2011, 2:31pm

Indeed! Well said, Dan.

Furthermore, it’s pretty easy to tell from sight and sound whether a pair of men are gay or not, even when they may be trying to hide it.

Those people here who are refusing to acknowledge this and seem only able to consider that this was about a pair of shorts are simply hiding their heads in the sand. Well, the next time they pull their heads out of the sand they may find that they get them beaten by a homophobic yob.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 3:02pm

Excellent comment. Couldn’t have put it better meself.

2. You as stupid as almost all gays, because homophobia is a nonsence: nobody fear homosexuals but feels disgust for them, including you. That’s simple. Homosexuals are filthy animals, and most people never want to be near such stinking animals who licking anal sphincters with feces, sucking penises with irine, and do all sorts of terrible sexual perversions. Most people on Earth would prefer to see the day when all homosexuals will be burned in crematories.That’s not a homophobia. That’s wish for having healthy society on Earht.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:41am

Rich, and I suppose you think your absolute hatred makes for a ‘healthy society’ do you.
        Man you have a serious problem.

2. Rich, I understand that homosexuals disgust you.

Rich, when you say most people wish homosexuals were burned.

Rich, are you part of a group of Muslims which are planning to erradicate homosexuals in the UK?

3. Rich, in what way is disgust not rooted in a sense of the rrrational, or things to be potenitally feared?

6. This is the reality in London. We are targets or prey men and women will attack us as they know it’s endorsed by the state. Kill a queer you get charged with manslaughter as we somehow provoked the attack. We have to be invisible to survive unless we can afford to live in wealthy areas away from council estates. Not everyone in a council house is anti gayand violent but those people with a lot to lose like home owners are less likely to act violently if they are anti gay.

1. Hear hear , well said, Londons tolerable of lgbt if its a residential , private housing middle class area .I live in social housing trust me most here hate gays , recommend a bullet to the head for anyone gay and its getting worse . can’t wait to get out of homophobic , scum ridden london, saving , hoping the day comes soon .

1. Cheers and good luck getting out of London.

2. @rapture, hope you manage to get out soon.

1. So do I – it must be awful being so miserable in a place you don’t want to be in.

3. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:28pm

I’m sorry to hear that. I have rarely experienced homophobia in London to that level although, admittedly, I do not live in a housing estate and most people with whom I work and socialise probably consider themselves to be fairly well educated and liberal in character.

Having said that, the same is true in almost any city in Europe. There are wealthier, more socially liberal quarters and poorer, less tolerant parts.

1. I disagree with the last bit of your comment , for me, poverty is a state of mind , and there is no justification for rabid homophobia just because someone grew up in a scummy area. And its not relevant to me to compare london with other european cities on this matter , so there are no go areas there too and? am i supposed to be more accepting of the bigotry because its a european phenomenon?

1. de Villiers 29 Apr 2011, 10:35am

Rapture, I was not formulating a theory – just making an observation. I have lived in six European countries and, with the exception of Switzerland, all other capital cities had no-go areas for gay people and people of other minority groups.
            I agree that poverty is not a good justification for rabid homophobia but there does appear to be a link between violence, bigotry, wealth and geography.
            All such behaviour and opinions are negative, however, it seems to me that London is no different from everywhere else. That is not a proposal to accept bigotry – merely an observation.

7. “The man just switched from yelling backwards and forward to becoming violent” said the young man’s partner.

What this means is: “We had a huge abusive shouting match which escalated into a physical altercation.”

Now, no physical altercation is acceptable but if you’re going to engage with a drunk offering negative sartorial advice in the small wee hours of the morning then I would suggest you are not helping yourself.

Always better not to engage with drunks.

1. George. This is why drunks and Trouble makers get away with anti social behaviour cause cowards run away. This guy obviously has some integrity and self respect and wanted to be able to look at himself in the mirror.

1. Sister Maray Clarence 27 Apr 2011, 10:44pm

No James, the reason why drunks and trouble makers get away with it is the people engage them in arguments and get beaten up rather than reporting the incident to the police and having the culprit arrested.

Probably more satisfying to some people to start arguing the toss with the irritant, but ultimately does it bring about the best end result? Generally not!

2. I now walk away from street bullies. Saves the bruises, fractured skull, brain damage or possible knife in back, and possible gunshot wound. Life’s too short to have it ended by some idiot who doesn’t like my shorts. Am I a coward? I don’t care. I just learnt a lesson after a friend ended up in a coma and then died. If he was here today, and I knew now what was going to happen back then, I’d say FUKCING RUN.

8. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 2:42pm

There is no excuse for violence. Items of clothing cannot be used for bigots to support violent action.

This is appalling behaviour. I hope they find those responsible.

1. They could start by giving a decent description of the thug.

1. Jock S. Trap 27 Apr 2011, 3:03pm

Yep, it would help, though it was at a cash point so no doubt they’ll have CCTV footage.

9. If it was a homophobic attack then I am not surprised. East London is full of immigrants from countries were homosexuality is punishable by death or a long prison sentence. What do you expect? However, it could just be a fashion attack lol.

1. So not just rising homophobia in a very conservative city, but not people are attacked just for wearing shorts , according to your suggestion. maybe we should all dress like urban flava chavs n wear stinky sweatpants and jd sports attire, so we can fit in ,with all the other scum and try to get a gay cure so we can be accepted here.

1. “now people”

2. Clapham isn’t East London.

10. How much you betting the guy whio did this was BLACK?

1. Or a white chav acting in a way he thinks will get him accepted into the brotherhood of scum.

1. White chavs in central London? 12 years i have been in london and rarely see white youth. BLACK GHETTSCUM taht beed like rats more like. ..and i ahve no doubt the guy wo did this was black…

1. @ Paul: why not pay Clapham High Street a visit one day instead of making such dazzlingly stupid remarks?

2. Cmyb do you have to? Lots of black people are homophobic but those are the ones you notice. There are plenty of decent black people but you’d never notice them. They know the score and keep away from the uneducated gettho types.

1. I wasn’t levelling the term ‘brotherhood of scum’ at all black people or all chavs but those that roam the streets just spoiling for a fight. The attack on this guy could have ended in the same way Ian Baynham died and the perpetrators of that crime were basically some chavvy white girl ingratiating herself into a black gang. Its sad but its the truth.

1. Fair enough. A lot of the black attackers are Nigerian or Somalians trying to act Jamaican

1. or asian or white trying to speak patois cause they reckon it makes em more of a gangsta , u geme blud.

3. Is there any need I was being given homophobic abuse by a load of White chavs once and the only person who stood up for me was a black guy walking by yes some black people are homophobic but so are loads of white people

1. PumpkinPie 28 Apr 2011, 6:16pm

Agreed. I live in a predominantly white area in South West England. Judging by the comments certain people like to throw around on this site, you’d think my area would be some sort of utopia. It’s not. People here get the same crap people in any other city get. The only difference is that this time the perpetrators are predominantly white.

Poverty, lack of education and terrible parents create thugs – ethnicity has nothing to do with it. And people don’t need religion to feel the urge to maim and kill those who are different to them, either. Youths who dress in “goth” and other alternative styles are also frequently targeted. No religion tells people to target people like that – human nature and a lack of conscience does.

11. The sad reality is that the facts speak for themselves, and no amount of willful ignorance can change the fact that Chas Anderson – an openly gay man – was attacked outside a gay bar in Central London. Reinforcing the belief that is was because of his clothing makes us no better than the juries and magistrates who acquit gay bashers for the most spurious reasons. Given this reasoning, there would be literally NO gay hate crime arrests or prosecutions in the UK. Are we saying that the only justifiable reason to consider this a hate crime is if the attacker had clearly verbalised the motivation for the assault? “For the record, I’m attacking you because you’re gay. I hate gay people!” Mr Anderson was with his boyfriend. According to the MET, reported gay hate crime has risen by 28% (1,545 last year alone), and is estimated to be the tip of the iceberg. Denying this incident wasn’t motivated by homophobia is ridiculous as it is insulting.

1. Andersen, in fact.

12. *Correction to last post: “Denying this incident was motivated by homophobia is ridiculous as it is insulting.”

13. the fact remains that men are violent by nature, it’s their pig hormones that kick in. Sick monsters, thanks goodness the victim wasn’t a lesbian.

1. Envy penis much?

2. I cringe for all lesbians when I read your poisonous rants lila

3. Serious issues. Get some help, please.

4. Quite, you insane cow.

14. “i have always thought london was the most diverse and open city…..” Typical naive peeps do not wake up to the reality of homophobia , general oppression in london until it comes crashing into their face.

15. Rich, so gay bashers and killers are normal? A straight man who rapes a woman is normal? A man who beats his wife is normal? A straight man who commits adultery is normal? You’re an idot and a moron.

1. They are. But just mistaken.
      I am not moron or an idiot, but you do insults on me because you are nasty inside your mind. I feel sorry for you. I hope you will be more sentitive to other human being who have opposite views on sexuality. That’s all.

1. Rich, in what way are LGBT people being “insensitive” towards your views?

2. Commander Thor 28 Apr 2011, 9:28am

Yeah, then we’ll all be sensitive to people “who have opposite views on” racial segregation, forced labour camp and slavery.

3. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:31pm

> but you do insults on me because you are nasty inside your mind

More likely, it’s that you have driven people to apoplexy.

4. I want to be open gay, like you. But Allah make it hard. Hard like boys do.

1. Rich, why do persist in your adherence to Allah, when your god persists in trying to systematically obliterate your humanity.
          Surely, goodness, kindness and charitable acts towards others, has greater spirtual truths, than deference to a mindless automaton God.

1. I am good, kind and charitable. I do sent great deal of help to people in poverty. They are thankful for that.

2. That’s not my comment. Some homosexual imposting here….

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:42am

Crying wolf now are we… LOL

2. You are a homosexual Rich. You said so:-

“Rich 27 Apr 2011, 7:19pm

We’re just better version of you….. better, smarter, more balanced, yadda yadda

3. Rich, why do you insist on worshiping your pedophile prophet Mohammed..

Rich, pedophila is not only a sexual perversion, but a terrible abuse of children: physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritual.

Rich, why do continue to condone pedophila

16. Lila, and lets not forget that the overhwelming majority of people who commit crimes, both violent and sexual are straight. So much for them being normal. They also start wars, genocide and other atrocities. If anybody is normal its gay people.

1. But if Lila had any power, (I think she’s a lesbian), there would be a genocide, every man on the planet would be wiped out. And there are a few people on here who seriously think that anyone who is religious should either be locked up or killed. Gay people are no different to straight people.

17. @Lila: “The fact remains that men are violent by nature, it’s their pig hormones that kick in. Sick monsters, thanks goodness the victim wasn’t a lesbian.”

Ah, our resident misandrist speaks! A gay man has been attacked. What would you have us do? Volunteer to be abused by a fascist heterosexist culture? Gays and lesbians need to support each other in times of growing hostility. That your warped sense of victimhood dictates that gays are somehow to blame for your past misgivings with men while another homosexual lies bleeding in the gutter makes you the real “sick monster” here.

18. Rich, I’ll reiterate what I said, you ARE a MORON. So “normal” straight men rape women, bash and kill gays as well as straights, and that’s just a mistake? You’re not only a moron but you’re bordering on being a sociopath if you think killing is just a mistake. Its quite obvious you have no concept of what normal is, since you can’t discern normal from a mistake. I and others here don’t need your pity, but you need psychiatric help, fast. You’re sick.

1. Hear, hear, @Robert.

2. Robert, you are a coward, because you use the internet and anonymity to spell out your slander and express your irrational fear of any normal and unperverted man, such as I am. You are a pseudohuman, in fact. If you would be a real man, you would speak out your full name and where I can meet you face to face, without any fear. But you don’t because you are a cowardly semi-animal, a pseudohuman, indeed. That’s simple :)

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2011, 2:35am

Rich: I am gay, and can handle myself pretty well.
        I am 6’4″, 200lbs and will cheerfully knock seven bells of crap put of you.
        I am not using any anonymity. Name a time and a place and I will be there.

Now is the time to put your money where your mouth is.
        Somehow though, I suspect you would bottle out at the earliest opportunity.

1. 6’4″ and 200Ibs?! Really??!! *Drool*. To quote Edna Krabappel “Okay here’s a set of house keys and my ATM card”

1. Spanner1960 30 Apr 2011, 1:01pm

Calm down, dear. I’m also married and celibate. :)

2. Married and celibate? Explain that one to me now.

2. You are a coward also because you don’t open up your full name here.

There very few really opened homosexuals, like Peter Tatchell. Majority are cowards and FALSE.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 11:03am

Yet it took you 2 days to finally think how to respond to it.

2. your doing the same thing I don’t see you posting your full name or anything if you want to meet me and we can sort this out face to face I’m happy to oblige!!

3. musclelad23 28 Apr 2011, 7:14pm

and you are a pussy.

4. Rich, why are you so certain that your views on this issue are in no way perverse, irrational or abnormal?

1. My views verified by billions of Muslims in the world, because my basis – Islam. That’s simple. You cannot understand me because you don’t know Islam.

1. .Rich, so what you are saying is that Islam wants the extermination of all homosexuals.
            Rich, are there groups of Muslims in the UK who are planning the extermination of homosexuals in the name of Allah?

5. de Villiers 28 Apr 2011, 9:33pm

Rich, you are being hypocritical in that you use your anonymity to post unpleasant and deliberately provocative remarks on a gay internet site.

1. I am not a hypocrite. I am honest. My name here on 100% true. But I am not claiming to be an open homosexual as you all claiming everywhere. I am a Muslim, and that’s all you, homosexual liars, now entitled to know now.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 8:43am

No one is claim your are open we all saying you one Big closet case who needs to get it over with.

2. We’re know you’re not open about your homosexuality, Rich. You told us that you try fight against it. Being a muslim is a mutually exclusive state of being from being gay.

Remember your comment:-

Rich 27 Apr 2011, 7:19pm Report Reply

“You are dead right, but I controlling myself, and staying away from all guys as poisoneous creatures!”

So, you’re a closet queer. Big deal. If I were you I’d start simple, learn to write, learn to read. Then worry about why you mind is so weak that you can’t handle being a big flaming queer, and have to resort to rediculious comments to people vastly superior to you on a gay site to make you feel that one bit less the complete joke you really are.

3. de Villiers 30 Apr 2011, 9:42pm

> I am not a hypocrite. I am honest. My name here on 100% true

Your name may be Rich but you are certainly hypocritical in that you have used your anonymity to post unpleasant and deliberately provocative remarks on a gay site whilst criticising others for going the same against you.

2. Will, I am not a pervert. If in the past I had 0.001% some feelings toward the same sex, that’s not means that I was or are a pervert. I never was a practicing pervert and I never will be. You always trying to exeggerate my statements. No matter how I could be in some of my statements, I never was and never will be a homosexual pervert.

1. Protest too much, do we?

Get used to being called a homo.

2. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:22am

He’s says whilst ordering his regular Spanking Master!

6. Spanner1960 30 Apr 2011, 1:03pm

Rich: I’m still waiting for your response that you claim we are all anonymous. Name a time and a place and I will prove otherwise.
        Or do you just hang around under bridges, as that’s where trolls usually lurk?

1. The name is Rich, the place is Great Mosque in Mecca on December 20, 2020. I am very busy to meet you earlier. Come there with placard: “I am looking for Western Muslim Rich.”

I will meet you on my territory, of course!

1. Coward.

2. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:23am

What a fake!

3. Spanner1960 2 May 2011, 12:30am

i was expecting something a little more opportune, say, in the next 30 days, or do does Allah, Mohammed or the other great gods say this is not a good time as you would be busy with other works of the Lord, such as picking bits of fluff from your belly-button?

I would draw you a picture, but apparently some Danish bloke has done it already.

4. Rich – a coward too. Sad.

19. The pendulum is swinging back…

20. You know, I think we need to be very careful about some of the assupmptions being made in these comments. There are some comments bordering on casual racism. Bigotry can come from many people even those who are a discriminated minority.
    This was clearly a hate crime whether it was about sexuality or fashion but I think there needs to be less assumption and generalisation about religion, race and gender here.
    By the way, not all of us lesbians are man haters, i think Lila’s comment speaks for a very small minority. I don’t know whether she’s been reading too much feminist literature or what.

21. Regardless of the exact circs of this offence, homophobic crime is rising in London while other forms of crime are falling. What are the Metropolitan Police really doing?

22. Pepa

Bollocks you cnut

Rich

The opposite of love is indifference. Your hatred tells me you have some deep seated feelings you poof

1. I am NOT indifferent to homosexual creatures which are infectious and poisonous to healthy humanity. That’s not hatres but rationality. There is the fact that in many large cities of Europe homosexuals spreading syphilis, clap, chlamidia, HIV, herpes, and many other terrible venerial diseases. Homosexuals are physically dangerous animals, and they must be terminated or isolated from healthy society.

That’s the point.

1. Rich 27 Apr 2011, 7:19pm Report Reply

….

Queer.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 11:05am

It’s funny how we’re poisonous yet he’s the one spewing the venom.

2. pretty much all straight women and most straight men know that guys who make a song and dance about homosexuality are probably gay themselves and just in denial.

most people would say that someone who claims theyre not gay but spends a lot of time on a gay website has issues and is a bit sad. but then most people have enough in their lives to get on with without worrying what other people do in bed.

your posts make it really clear that you spend a lot of time thinking about what gay people do in bed. end of. its on record.

point of fact. vast majority of hiv infections are in straight people.

3. Spanner1960 30 Apr 2011, 12:57pm

Rich: As it is a common situation that the most homophobic people are themselves actually latent homosexuals in denial, why don’t you do yourself, and us, a favour and nip over to Gaydar and get yourself a bit of cock?

I’m sure you will feel so much better once you’ve let off all that excess bile and gas.

1. I’d say he has already, Spanner…. many times. Ranting like a demented child on a gay site is probably his way of fooling himself that he’s straight. A penance for allah, so to speak. The man is an example of how genes can combine to devolved states.

4. Rich, do you know of any groups of Muslims in the UK who are planning to termiante homosexuals?

23. Rich  7 hours ago Report    Reply
    . Rich there’re plenty of anti gay sites where you will find many people who agrees with you but you keep coming back you masochist you like it rough you nasty bitch

1. You can call me any nasty name, its make no effect on me: I am immune to name-calling. heheheh….

24. James! is just regurgitating the same script given to him by the gay mafia.

Pepa plenty of anti gay people have been caught with men do you deny that?

25. ‘Pepa’ with his gay mafia conspiracy theories and ‘Rich’ with his Islamic fundamentalist homophobic spiel- guys get a room and work out all that suppressed sexuality and then maybe get in contact with the History Channel- its always looking for new wacky imaginative theories to make documentaries about to fill its schedules.

1. Jock S. Trap 30 Apr 2011, 4:31pm

Don’t think we’re read for that kind of circus show just yet.

2. Pepa is a paranoid fool, and Rich is, well, just a fool…. his mind isn’t powerful to handle multiple states of being.

3. In some not distant future my Muslim Brothers will start extermination of homosexuals (male as well as female) on Earth. I have no doubt about it! I am praying Allah for that Start!….

1. You should pray to allah for a life. Allah knows, you bloody need one with your stupid threats.

What hasn’t PN banned this odious little afterbirth?

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:28am

Hopefully PinkNews are just leaving him to dig his hole for the Police to investigate his hatred.

2. Well I would rather die than embrace Islam if your representative of what its all about. Death threats, threats of violence, extreme personal abuse, genocide, murder, hate. Not exactly great selling points for Islam are they.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 May 2011, 8:29am

Same here, though I would never embrace Any religion. Rich just proves the point even further.

1. You cannot embrace any religion because you an animal. That’s simple. :)

2. But you can if you are an idiot, it seems. Hence you’re with islam.

3. Rich, why do you think there is an appetite amongst Muslim for the “extermination” (as you put it), of homosexuals in the UK?

1. Jonny, I cannot know all Muslims. Just some.

1. Rich, tell us about the Muslims you know, who are planning to exterminate gays in the UK

4. Rich, which groups of Muslims in the UK are planning to exterminate homosexuals for the greater good of Islam?

1. .Rich, tell us about the Muslims in the UK, who are planning to exterminate gays in the UK

5. They won’t of course. It delights me to think that fanatical, ignorant nuts like you are seething with anger and rage that, in a civilised democracy like the UK, gay people have full rights, wherever they are. The vast majority of educated people accept gay people, as the overwhelming evidence shows, homosexuality is perfectly natural. You will get used to that, get used to the fact that gay poeple will show affection in public, and find something else to occupy your tiny, faith-infested mind with.

26. Hey rich one less Muslim brother to worry about

27. Clark Downes 3 May 2011, 5:23pm

Well Pinknews wern’t interested in the homophobic mob on a Birmingham bus, were two gay men were harrased and one assaulted…. not to worry one of the 15 got caught the next day when the gay couple ‘bumped into him’ and then decided to call the police …. Thanks Pinknews!

28. I hate people who think being gay,lesbian transgender not normal. We are no different than any other people. You homophobics always looking for a target to attack. Dont u worry we are aware of everything from now on. Thank you internet!