Father ‘killed lesbian daughter’s girlfriend and her mother’

1. What filth. Two people dead for no reason at all but hatred.

But hey, it is Texas. Not only do they have a death penalty, they see it through. I hope the evil swine gets the needle.

1. not only do we see it through, but we have an express lane.

2. Valksy, I agree that this was a horrible, senseless crime; however, how can you derisively say “not only do they have the death penalty,” then follow that with “I hope the evil swine gets the needle?” I am firmly against the death penalty for numerous reasons and, if I were to conclude from the “tone” of your statement about Texas having the DP, that you too oppose it. How, then, can you hope that the murderer himself should receive the death penalty? If it the death penalty is wrong – if it is an unjust, barbaric practice – then it is wrong, unjust and barbaric no matter the circumstance.

By the way, I live in Texas, and I fervently oppose the death penalty.

1. The lives lost, the potential, the dreams, everything that those two people were and could one day be, is lost because of the hatred of one vile homophobe. Screw him. One less putrid bastard in the world is fine by me – no one made him pick up a gun and no one made him hurt someone. If you commit a murder in Texas, you know what you risk. He decides that his hatred of gay people was worth his own life? Fine, pay the piper.

1. Killing him wont kill the pain, Im with BenG on that

1. No but it will save the state tons of the money wasted supporting this garbage for the rest of his life. I’m pro death penalty.

2. DebbieC, if you think it’s a ton of money being wasted supporting this piece of garbage then what do you think of the cost of death row is? The cost of the death penalty far out weighs the cost of a 40 year incarceration term. There are so many other factors involved with the death penalty that the general public is unaware of. Besides, sitting in jail will give him lots of time to think about what he’s done. With a bit of luck he’ll become remorseful and have LIVE with the thought of taking two innocent lives… not to mention what he’s also taken from his own daughter.

3. Phoenix0879 21 Apr 2011, 3:02pm

The shocking thing (other than the senseless deaths, obviously) is that it was in Austin, probably the only liberal part of Texas (I’m friends with a lovely lesbian couple who live there) and a city that is surprisingly pro-equality.

I’m not a fan of the death penalty, because I think it’s the easy way out. They don’t suffer for their crime. The death is swift and painless. I think the punishment should fit the crime and make them suffer. This guy killed because his daughter is a lesbian? Fine, decorate all four walls of his cell with pictures of same sex couples. Hire someone to act like a stereotypical ‘gay’ man (you know, lisp, camp walk and mannerisms etc) to be his personal guard. Stuff like that. He killed through homophobia, so make him face homosexuality every day. Death is too good for this monster.

1. Great idea Phoenix, talk about getting a stick up his @$$… no pun intended. Now he gets to miss out on what may have been a beautiful relationship for his daughter.

1. Phoenix0879 21 Apr 2011, 6:56pm

It would be poetic justice, for sure – glad someone else likes the idea. I’ve always felt that the perpetrator of a crime should be *punished* for their crime and to suffer the knowledge that he/she is being punished. Death is an escape – for many, they know they are guilty and want to escape the feelings that come with it (Harold Shipman, Ian Huntley and his numerous suicide attempts spring to mind). For that reason, they should be kept alive. This man knows what he did and will suffer, because not only has he killed two innocents, but probably lost his daughter too. Death is the easy way out. Let him rot and suffer like the vermin he is.

2. Staircase2 20 Apr 2011, 5:34pm

I dont see how death stops death…..

if anything living in a state which officially says it is ok to kill people surely encourages people to think that killing people is ok.

It’s not

1. Paddyswurds 20 Apr 2011, 6:48pm

@Staircase2…
      ….i agree and think the death penalty is making it too easy for a murderer. Perhaps if they knew thay had to endure hell on earth for the next 60 years they would think twice. I say put them in a prison cell , empty save for a mat on the floor , slop out and bread and water for the rest of their days, perhaps that would make a potential murderer think again.

2. I agree. I can’t get my head around killing someone because they killed someone. It just doesn’t compute. Murderers should work unpaid for the rest of their lives.

3. This should most definitely be charged as a hate crime as well as a murder

4. Hey, shall me and Jock S. Trap shove our oppinions down everyone’s throats again? You know we both have nothing better to do than sit at home living off the state and commenting on pink news all day!

1. Commander Thor 20 Apr 2011, 6:41pm

“Jock S. Trap and I…”.

1. TheSuburban Bi 20 Apr 2011, 6:45pm

haha

2. The stupid are never brave enough to post under just one name.

2. What a cnut

Pink news Is getting sh1t

1. Ignore him James, we all know its not you.

He’ll bore soon enough, or have his laptop confiscated by his teacher.

3. Imposter James!, why bother writing that? do you really hate James! and Jock that much? I suggest some therapy might help you. Or get some friends. I take it you sit at home, living off the state and commenting on Pink news all day, whoever you are.

1. Indeed, Eddy. This passionate dislike by whoever this is for someone on the internet they have never met, to the level they will impersonate them to discredit, is kinda creepy…. well, at least until the hospital ward turns out the lights.

2. It’s proballyskinner I sent that bitch running a few weeks ago

4. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:34am

JAMES! NICKNAME HAS BEEN HIJACKED AGAIN. THIS COMMENT IS CLEARLY MEANT TO BULLY.

STOP THIS PLEASE.

I was forced out of Tower Hamlets because of homophobic bullying, I did think I would have to see and put up with it on a Gay news site. Lets hope young LGBT people don’t get the wrong inpression let alone anyone else looking here for the first time.

Why will you not take action?

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:39am

Correction

didn’t think I would

2. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:42am

Clearly that message is to Pink News who continue to refuse to do anything. Not the idiot whose too pathetic to do things under one name.

5. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:37am

Clearly the concept of a comment page in completely lost on you.

As for the having nothing better to do comment, says those that place such comments.

Hypocrite much?

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:54am

I said I was getting pissed off with this nickname fraud giving the impression I was going. In fact it is making me more determined to stay and carry on commenting.

1. Paddyswurds 21 Apr 2011, 10:48am

Ditto….

5. TheSuburban Bi 20 Apr 2011, 6:47pm

It boggles my mind how or why they are taking their time declaring this a hate crime on top of everything else.

This story is shockingly tragic, but I will resist the urge to desire the death penalty because the victims are ‘more like me’ than other victims in other cases where I would rather see life sentences handed down rather than the fast track death sentences of Texas.

6. It really peeves me when groups who suffer discrimination themselves and demand protection themselves (hispanics) turn around and commits vile hate crimes.

Getting pretty fed up of this.

1. I doubt this man considered his ethnic-minority status when he picked up his gun.

And it’s not difficult to find gay people exressing all manner of prejudices – sexism in particular often appears to come very easily, and you can find a fair bit or racism around even on these forums.

7. Homophobia really is a mental illness.

1. I reckon it’s religion that’s the mental illness

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:44am

Agreed!!

2. Disagreed, it’s just particular believes on unanswerable subjects, not a mental condition. Ok some use it as a channel for their hate but there’s alot who use it to channel love.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 11:29am

Then I would like to see a counterdemo by people who don’t want to be seen by the Action Against Crusaders march actions over the Royal wedding.

1. Im sorry but I don’t know what you mean.

3. Galadriel1010 21 Apr 2011, 2:23pm

*Sighs*

8. bluejeansdiva 20 Apr 2011, 8:04pm

I don’t understand why there is even a question in anyone’s minds as to whether or not this was a hate crime.

1. Well apparently he didn’t write it out “I hate my gay daughter’s girlfriend” in 20 foot high banner form and stick it on the front of his house, y’know, like all homophobes would in a similar situation.
      Makes you wonder what kind of evidence merits the label “hatecrime” cause police eyewitnesses and a homicide or 2 obviously don’t quite make the cut.

9. Evil, disgusting scum. How can you kill two human beings just because you don’t agree with whom your daughter loves? What kind of pathetic man feels threatened by someone else’s happiness?

I hope he rots in prison for the rest of his life.

10. This father really loves his daughter!

1. Shut up, freak.

2. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:10am

Rich I think I found something that belongs to you… your IQ.

1. Paddyswurds 21 Apr 2011, 10:54am

Thats clearly impossible, that weirdo never had one to lose in the first place…..

3. When I first red your comment, I took it as sarcastic, it didn’t occur to me you was being serious until I starting noticing people’s replies…. nope, I still think your comment is sarcastic, it don’t seem to make sense otherwise

4. Paddyswurds 21 Apr 2011, 11:39am

but clearly loved his bible more, eh??

11. @Scott “Gay people generally have been opposed to racism, sexism, prejudice against disabled people, yet many of these other groups who finally beat prejudice in part due to our effort, turn around and say screw you.”

Pfft, you’re living in a different universe to me! I’ve known plenty of racist gay people, and gay people prejudiced against disabled people. So why does it come as any surprise that some of another group are homophobic? Just as gay people don’t all think the same thing, neither do all of any other group- avoiding generalisations is kind of the point isn’t it? I appreciate it can be frustrating when a group that is discriminated against discriminates against another, but it happens often from many different directions. (and, as in this case, people are frequently from more than one of these groups, e.g. gay and disabled, so speaking about them as entirely separate groups isn’t really reflecting the situation).

1. Paddyswurds 21 Apr 2011, 10:59am

@Redclaire….
      ….go over to the second Trans story and read the vile comment by the fleur black creep and then come back and comment again……she /it made me so angry I posted some pretty vile comments in reply. Why are trans women, (the ones i have had the unfortunate luck to come in contact with anyway) so virulently homophobic yet tran men are on the whole pretty supportive of gay rights??? Anyone??

12. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 8:29am

More Evil against how people are born.

Words fail me that the level of hate here and all because of bigotry.

My Heart goes out to the family and friends of Norma and Maria Hurtado.

13. Being a Brit I’m against the death penalty.

This guy though. It shows he cared more about his own prejudice than his daughters feeling and wellbeing. So much sympathy goes out to her.

It would kill me if that happened to my bf so I would be seriously concerned about her mental state right now :(.

I’m all ready thinking about it. Wish he was here to cuddle now. So much hate In the world just for who people love.

1. I don’t think the guy came to this descision on his own. He’s probally catholic

14. johnny33308 21 Apr 2011, 2:11pm

“Police have not yet decided to charge him with a hate crime” such is the way these sorts of things are dealt with here in the US. It is obviously a hate crime but many police depts do not care about gays and since most Republikkkan legislators block hate crime legislation due to their ‘religion’ (Christian) one can assume, correctly that America is just filled with ignorant bigots. I live here, I see it every day. And it is always the Christians who scream their hatred loudest of all. Disgusting people!

15. Galadriel1010 21 Apr 2011, 2:27pm

I don’t understand how anyone could think like this, let alone go through with it. My thoughts are with the victims’ familes, and the poor daughter.

1. How great for the daughter..who found them both ..after what her own father did.. At 18 years old- this is what she has to live with. Losing someone she loves and her father because of his bigotry. This is beyond sad. And the Republicans are putting tons of tax payer dollars into repealing DOMA… more hatred. One feeds the other unfortunately.

1. Victoria Haskins 27 Apr 2011, 10:39am

It really makes me sad to think that something so senseless and cruel could take place in our Country in this day and age. I guess we will always have bigotry. I have many friends that live homosexual lives. I love each and everyone of them. You don’t have to agree with it. But you should respect the human right to love who we love and not apologize for it. Love is a beautiful thing!!!