Gay stable-boy sexually harassed female manager

1. Graeme Robertson 18 Apr 2011, 2:43pm

This guy doesn’t sound very gay to me

2. See ive never bought that argument either. Apparently its no defence against rape claims either, but sorry i dont buy that a gay guy is capable of raping a woman.

1. The story doesn’t say that he raped her.

1. I know that but would a gay man sexually harass a woman, makes no sense to me at all, on any level, moral or sexual. Im not doubting it happened, just that he wasn’t as gay as he liked to claim.

1. A Nifty Guy 18 Apr 2011, 7:03pm

This happens all the time… I know lots of practicing homosexuals that regularly sexually assault women because they think it’s cute and that being gay somehow exempts them from it. Even if a gay man does it, a bum slap or a quick breast fondle is still assault.

3. Doesn’t seem gay to me.

4. So, like many sexual offences, what he was doing was about asserting dominance and power rather than about a sex act.

That it happened after she was promoted makes me wonder if it was about anger and resentment and the chosen path of “revenge” was to degrade and sexually assault her. A nasty little tactic that worked quite well, given that she was fired.

I think that most human beings – gay or straight, male or female – understand that you are not allowed to lay your hands on someone without their permission. What he did was criminal, his sexuality is irrelevant.

1. Up to a point i agree, but surely the ‘gay’ must kick in and the ‘eeewwww woman parts’.. thing must show itself.

1. A Nifty Guy 18 Apr 2011, 7:05pm

There are lots of men out there who identify as gay yet still find the female body attractive.. more still who don’t think it’s gross but simply untitillating.

2. Good post. Why was his sexual orientation even mentioned?

1. His sexual orientation was mentioned because the story seems to have been sourced from the Daily Mail and you know that they just love to point a trembling finger of fear at homosexuals.

Do they care about the woman who was assaulted and degraded? Doubtful. Do they want their idiot readership to hear a message that not even their women are safe from us deviants? Probably.

2. it was mentioned because he, his employers, or both, cited it as “proof” that the activities mentioned could not have happened.

5. Are you sure he’s gay honey? Perhaps he was using that as an excuse to physically grope her. Either that or ‘he’ is Clare Balding in drag.

6. Jock S. Trap 18 Apr 2011, 4:49pm

Can’t see what he was trying to do if he was Gay. At the end of the day everyone has the right to be respected and live without harrassment. Gay men are supposed to help women feel save not do this. Not harrass. Shameful.

Doesn’t help the victim, I know but at least these stories are rare and I hope Ms Smith will know it and still trust us.

7. Maybe he said he was gay to try and get off the charges? Why else would he have tried to use his sexuality as an excuse? Fondling someone who doesn’t want you to fondle them is harassment, it doesn’t matter what you are. Like Rachel said above, why mention his sexuality?

8. Gay Hosting 18 Apr 2011, 5:35pm

I must say that all of this sounds ´dodgy´ to me…

Gay guy? She was dismissed on ´fabricated charges´? Really?

Yes, very dodgy… More to this than meets the eye..

1. You are so right there!!! There IS more than meets the eye here. Fabricated charges my a!r&e!!!

9. The comments on this article, aside from that by Valksy, are truly moronic. Sexual offences like this are all about humiliation and power, not being attracted to the person.

The comment “but surely the ‘gay’ must kick in and the ‘eeewwww woman parts’.. thing must show itself” is astonishingly idiotic. Listen buster, there’s nothing intrinsic to being gay which means that women’s parts are naturally “eeeewww” any more than there’s something intrinsic to being straight which means two men kissing will be repulsive. Grow up, you sad misogynist queen.

10. The gay thing sounds suspicious to me. Maybe he’s really bi? I just don’t see a gay male doing that to a straight female, makes no sense. I mean would a straight male harrass a gay male in exactly the same way by acutally physically touching in an appropriate manner and simulating intercourse? I doubt it.

1. Straight men DO at times behave like this – it is common in prison, to the point of rape. They view gay men with contempt, as they do many women, and, as noted above, sexual domination is the motive, not desire or attraction.

2. Very often they do. It is sometimes as joke, but mostly humiliation from their point of view. And most gay love it as they feel accepted and used. What sort of person puts up with that is another question. This woman didn’t. Good on her.

11. To everyone saying that they can’t see this happening if he’s really gay, I have to say I know gay guys who grope women a lot, to the point where it’s made me feel uncomfortable. And yes, I am sure they are actually gay. I’ve never felt really threatened by these guys as such, because I know they’re only doing it as a joke, and they seem to think they’re being charming in a Gok Wan type way, but I can see how it could go too far.

1. Who the hell do you hang out with????!

12. A lot of the sexual harassment that occurs in the workplace is not driven by desire. It is driven by a desire to humiliate. For those of you who think it is strange that a gay may would behave this way towards a woman, think of the overly-sexualized ways in which straight men often harass gay men. They are not attracted to their victim, they just want to humiliate him.

13. Paddyswurds 18 Apr 2011, 10:15pm

This happened me in the 70s when i worked for Honeywell Information Systems in Boston MA. She kept flirting with me and it got to harassment and when i told her i wan’t interested because i was gay,she complained that i had assaulted (groped) her. Management believed me after quizzing her and she got fired for her trouble.

1. Paddyswurds 18 Apr 2011, 10:17pm

error…
      …..A woman fancied me rotten and…She…..

14. I can totally see a gay man doing this I have between close friends had a cheeky grope as a joke but as I said it has been between close friends his problem was that he doesnt understand peoples boundaries

15. all men are pigs, that’s all they are. period

1. I wont dispute that alot of men are pigs, so much so that it annoys me for being male but I seriously disagree that “all men” are pigs.

2. Ironic, when people put the word “period” after a statement, it usually means they put it there to somehow bolster a ridiculous argument. What’s that all about?

Still, nothing is as pathetic as bigotry from our own kind. Well done lila.

3. Oink. Does that make you a sow, Lila?

1. Chutneybear 19 Apr 2011, 11:46am

lila dont be such a <unt

4. Jock S. Trap 27 May 2011, 5:12pm

You a man then lila?

1. Jock S. Trap 27 May 2011, 5:12pm

Explains a lot!

16. Gropwingupcreepy 19 Apr 2011, 1:32am

I’m an out and proud lesbian and can say this is very common on the scene. My partner has very large breasts and has had to put many a gay man in his place for groping her. It’s not okay and if he is guilty of objectfying this woman then he should be held accountable.

1. Chutneybear 19 Apr 2011, 11:46am

Plus one on that. I have female friends and we know our limits for messing its the same with straight friends would never ever grope anyone. The fact that a lot of people seem to think it is ok as he is gay is sickening, doesnt make any excuse for his actions. It is about trying to be dominant and power. The poor <unt obviously couldnt assert himself in any way and was perhaps jealous she got the job over him?

2. I find this too some guys have the attitude that it’s fine to violate my personal space and behave inapropriately and being gay makes it somehow ok.
      It’s wrong because to me I don’t care what a guys sexaul orientation is if he behave’s inapropriately with me it will make me feel uncomfortable.

3. What kind of friends do you have? Tits aren’t that blaming fascinating!

17. What I find odd is that the victim has been named but not the perpetrator ‘for legal reasons’. Presumabky that means he’s under 16?

18. Being gay does not make anyone immune from sophomoric, moronic, power-dominance games aimed at belittling someone and making them seem weak and worthless.

As others have said and is worth repeating — this is not about sexual attraction but using sexual dominance games to demean another human being.

I don’t care how many gay ‘credentials’ he floats around — an abuser is an abuser and that’s just not acceptable.

19. Paul - England 20 Apr 2011, 12:21am

I can’t say I like boobs or female bums.

20. This biggotted woman , should have been fired like she was , what she did was wrong she is the same type of vindictive bigot the woman was in the massage case , targeting gay people and trying to cause problems for them, every one knows that know what gay means, idiots, that if a man or a boy is gay , he like only men or boys if he is a boy or they would not be gay ,this idiot woman i tell most likely made sexual advances towards this young gay man and when he did not respond to her , her anger and ego , wanted to retaliate on the gay boy , and i guaranteee, this is the real story, i have been thru this same situation in my own persoanl life a million times , from vindictive hetersexuals, when you dont want to be with them they try and hurt you thru defamation or some other evil vindictive way, i was also set up by a white racist supervisor on a job because i was gay and a minority and the supervisor recruited others to lie and defamate me all because of his prejudice and bigotry, and

21. Honestly, if the guy really is gay, which she seems to acknowledge as true, then I see this as basically as a guy who takes his jokes way too far. I know a lot of definitely gay guys who get pretty sexual with their fag hags and can see how it could possibly go too far, especially if the woman does not think it’s too funny in the first place.

22. Keith Farrell 3 Feb 2012, 6:24pm

I wonder how many woman have done simular things to me over my 51 years and I have never had to lay a charge against them, normally a bitch slap will be enough. I dont know why all most all stragt woman think that they can change us. If I wanted pussy, %$£&*, Ill get a cat