Gay men vote Nick Clegg ‘sexiest party leader’

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Apr 2011, 9:54am

Oh good Gaga!!

Well the poll about sexiest leader has left me a bit queasy, just glad Gordon Brown has gone… Whoever he is.

Interesting poll about who’d vote who though.

2. Graeme Robertson 18 Apr 2011, 10:00am

Did they just survey in England? Obviously Caroline Lucas isn’t in with a shout but there are parties in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

3. Sexiest party leader?

Yikes, that’s a competitive title.

4. Jason Brown 18 Apr 2011, 10:28am

Are you kidding? I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole!

5. Nick Griffin might have won sexiest party leader if they’d used the AV voting system.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Apr 2011, 12:44pm

LOL… like that one!

6. I’d give him one.

But of course unless there is equal civil marriage for same sex couples by the time of the next general election, I certainly wouldn’t vote for him or his party

1. Yes, I would too. He is cute and telegenic, which is why the Lib Dems made him their leader. But he has nothing else to recommend him. He is a liar and a Tory stooge, and if his party has any sense it will ditch him and this coalition asap or else join him in his trajectory over an electoral cliff.

1. musclelad23 18 Apr 2011, 1:43pm

Are things really now so bad in this country that our standards have slipped so low? I thought David Milliband was okayish like 5 years ago, shame his brother ed didn’t gain the same genetics.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:30am

Maybe they’re trying to divert attention away from the actual problems we are having.

7. Stuart Neyton 18 Apr 2011, 11:27am

None of them are the least bit attractive.

And that poll makes me slightly depressed, that nearly 60% of gay men apparently support this horrendous coalition; although given that adds up to over 90%, i can only assume they were only given three options.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:31am

Most of the country would rather our economy is sorted out by the coalition not by the last disasterous lot.

8. I know I’m a gay woman and all but, Nick Clegg … really guys?

1. Ha ha, exactly my thoughts!

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:32am

They clearly asked people who were sedated at the time.

9. I’d have trouble getting a semi over any of them.

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Apr 2011, 12:46pm

LOL… why bother going to all That effort?!

;)

10. Slow news day again?

11. Only if you find obsequious servility before power and rampant careerism the least bit attractive.

12. I find him very physically attractive, if not his politics, often wonder what he would look like in a nice crisp white pair of Calvins. So I would love to have a go on him

1. musclelad23 18 Apr 2011, 12:52pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

But seriously, I often wonder why those who are high up in politics are so incredibly hideous and unattractive.. maybe the thirst and attaining of power is spurred on by being so fugly. That or inbreeding.

1. It could also mean they’re too busy for daily grooming regimes and for going to the gym regularly. And frankly, I ‘d rather have people in government who’re ‘fugly’ doing a good job than skilled media manipulators with a polished surface and no substance.

Also, they say that power is the greatest aphrodisiac. so maybe they don’t need to look good.

1. musclelad23 18 Apr 2011, 1:37pm

Oops, think I might have touched a nerve.

“skilled” people in government – doing a good job?

Your kidding right?

1. Heh – well, that’s a different issue.

13. He brushes up well and (in a sad reflection of our politics) he’s still the most left-wing party leader in the House, so I can see where the boys are going here.

Though comparing that 22% to the wider poll ratings for the Liberals, this may just have got the House of Lords to be elected on a franchise of “only LGBT voters”!

14. @Ian, ‘what he might look like in a pair of white Calvins’? A f88king train wreck I’m guessing.

15. Survey of Jake users. Which says it all, really.

16. Ivan Massow ; “ I’m attracted to submissive partners.”
    I’m sure that’s exactly what Zurich said to him lol

17. Well he certainly is the best of a shabby lot.

However… “36% said they would vote Conservative…” oh dear.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:34am

We the economy could have been a lot worse by now had the last lot stayed in.

18. Why would anyone bother to do a poll that asked this question?

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Apr 2011, 4:17pm

Excellent point!

19. He’s not bad looking… but he smokes so that’s a definite no no.

1. He also has zero convictions when it comes to the pre-election promises he made.

20. Gay Hosting 18 Apr 2011, 5:45pm

Well, as it is out of our beloved political party leaders, there is not much to choose from is there? I think I´ll pass…

Though why gay men would even MENTION finding anything attractive about Nick Clegg is beyond me.. I have never found opportunistic liars attractive, but hey, maybe thats just me?

21. Bigger issue 36% of gay people vote for a party that contains Edward Leigh and Nadine Dorries, ffs!

1. ok I have never seen that picture nxt to my name before ib my life, why is it there?

22. I’m suprised that 36% of gay people polled would vote conservative (putting them as the lead party).
    They have been in a year and I think we have witnessed enough to begin to judge their performance. Off course we could look back in anger at labours failings which the conservatives keep referring to. Apparently the last labour government were so bad they actually managed to achieve a global finacial meltdown.
    Thankfully we cam rely on the tories to take care of us as they begin the task of removing legislation introduced to protect us from discrimination as they view it as inconvenient “Red tape”, to employers.

23. Really poor choice…

24. Like I said earlier, its not his politics I support, but a shag would be good with no talking

25. I hate surveys like this that make a sweepin statment.

What is should say is certain percentage of x asked say.

Because not all of us voted and a lot of us prob couldn’t care less about this.

1. Jock S. Trap 21 Apr 2011, 10:35am