Out gay London deputy mayor Simon Milton dies

1. he died after “a short illness”?

surely if he died it was more serious than just “a short illness”

does anyone know what the cause of death was?

2. He suffered with Leukaemia for 15 years or so. I am very sorry to hear of his death. he was admired by all sides, not only those in his own Party. He had so much more to do – it feels as though he was cut off in his prime.

3. 15 years with Leukaemia? Poor guy, a terrible shame.

4. David, thanks.

“Leukaemia is a cancer of cells in the bone marrow (the cells which develop into blood cells). With leukaemia, the cancerous cells in the bone marrow spill out into the bloodstream. There are several types of leukaemia. Most types arise from cells which normally develop into white blood cells. If you develop leukaemia it is important to know exactly what type it is. This is because the outlook (prognosis) and treatments vary for the different types.”

5. Poor man, and so young. My deepest sympathies to his partner and to their respective families.

6. Jock S. Trap 12 Apr 2011, 2:40pm

Living with Leukaemia for 20 years and still at the top. He’s an inspiration and a great role model.

A sad loss so young. Myheart goes out to his Partner, families and friends.

7. I’m saddened that this apparently decent man has passed.
    As well, it’s nice that he and his surviving partner of 20 years were able to be “civilly-partnered.”
    It would’ve been nicer had they been able to get married; then I’d be able to offer condolences and sympathies to the grieving widowed husband.

8. Helen Wilson 12 Apr 2011, 5:05pm

My condolences to his husband and family and friends.

R.I.P.

9. lets hope that without his help boris will lose next election in 2012

1. Helen Wilson 12 Apr 2011, 6:44pm

Some things are above party politics and this is most defiantly one of them.

Get a grip and show some respect.

1. Helen Wilson 12 Apr 2011, 10:40pm

Party politics are unimportant compared to a man’s life and untimely death. We defeat our opponents in debate and banter not wishing death upon them.

I feel so sad for you that you do not posses the basic human dignity to show this man some respect in death.

1. Helen Wilson 13 Apr 2011, 12:12am

They deleted the post this is a response to so it make no sense now!

1. observation 13 Apr 2011, 4:52pm

Interesting just to note how quick they were to remove an offensive comment about a Tory (justifiably). But how none of the pro EDL / anti-muslim comments on other threads were deleted. I thing this says something about Pink News’s right of centre agenda.

2. I think it says something about the fact that a political point was being made on the back of the death of a person. This is not the occasion to make political points (and that goes for you too). A little respect please.

2. Jock S. Trap 13 Apr 2011, 8:55am

btw

Thats just low.

10. Thinking of Robert. (It’s nice to hear Helen asking people to show respect!)

11. Shaun Joynson 12 Apr 2011, 10:26pm

Simon and I were activists together in Harrow Road in Westminster in the late 1980′s. Later, after he became leader, he presented me with a teaching award. I am really sorry to hear this news and my deepest sympathies to Robert, his other half.

12. This is deeply shocking for me as I have only just found out the news. I was away when it happened. I am spending some time with Ruth tomorrow and will pass these comments on to her and Robert.