Video: Christina Aguilera’s ‘Beautiful’ voted most gay-empowering song

1. I’m so embarrassed right now, for all of us….that song is just so schmaltzy.

2. Jock S. Trap 7 Apr 2011, 10:43am

Ok, good song, good video, why not?!

1. Great lady performing it too. :D

3. bollocks

1. Jock S. Trap 7 Apr 2011, 4:03pm

See how is that not entertaining?

Go James! Go James!

4. Mumbo Jumbo 7 Apr 2011, 12:38pm

In a move that would make any irony meter go “spoing!”, the video was originally censored by the BBC as it was considered unsuitable for children.

5. It may be a bit schmaltzy – but I like the song …

The lyrics can be easily seen to have resonance with LGBT issues – and can be linked to other concerns …

Quite happy to have it as a gay anthem

Not sure it’s particularly news .. but I like it …

6. Ok, but once it’s not “I’m Coming Out” or “I Will Survive” I can almost accept it. What’s wrong with a good old blast of Relax by Frankie? You can’t get any more liberating than that- testicularly speaking anyway, though I’ll admit its one for the lads only.

1. Do like Relax – partly with nostalgia for my childhood

2. Jock S. Trap 13 Apr 2011, 2:46pm

You two are showing your age!!

;)

7. independent observer 7 Apr 2011, 2:44pm

Aguilera has got off the rails by glorifying a sick and perverted lifestyle to gain more supporters among homosexual community.

1. I’d never have the Independent or the Observer down for being bigoted or a bit ‘fick’. You sure your name isn’t Telegraph Mail?

1. CMYB – You win the “Best Reply of the Day” award. Actually, make that “…of the Week”!

1. Finally! Some fcking recognition! And I got it having a dig at someone else and a couple of publications into the bargain! *puts arms around everyone* you b1tches aren’t so bad after all!

2. de Villiers 7 Apr 2011, 10:17pm

I think that the phrase is “gone off the rails”.

8. I despise with all that I am these things that somehow represent us all.

The surveys that say iunno 53% of Britian prefer cheese sandwich to marmite…. It’s like nobody asked me or anyone I know so you can’t say we prefer this or we think that. As in reality you only asked like 0>100 people.

It’s same here saying voted most gay empowering song. I wasn’t polled on this and nobody I know was… So again it’s another sweeping claim. There are far better songs out there and you don’t need an empowering song to be ‘gay’ orientated. I always like singing don’t worry be happy … That cheers me up.

9. Well at least it isn’t ‘Bisexual singer Lady Gaga”..

i’m sick of seeing her fkcuing name on here.

1. Don’t tempt fate, for the love of f22k lets have a Gaga free day please! Having said that I think a duck was shot in Canada, it may have been a gay duck, we’re not sure but Lady Gaga is doing an appeal about it, she still has a load of them elastic bracelets left over from her fundraiser for Japan so she’ll repackage them along with her last couple of albums and sell them off to the gays cause gay ducks have as much right to life as straight ones.

10. Maybe they polled people younger than you. I love Lady Gaga, I love Christina, I love this song, and if you are tired of reading about Lady Gaga, then don’t click on the articles that have her name in the headline. Sheesh.

1. It’s on the front page..

1. Jock S. Trap 13 Apr 2011, 2:46pm

Of what?

11. Wouldn’t necessarily have agreed with this until I saw this version a couple of days ago:

I think that’s pretty beautiful right now. :)

1. Thanks for link my friend. Beautiful indeed.

2. That’s lovely. Thanks for sharing the link!

1. Jock S. Trap 13 Apr 2011, 2:47pm

tis good.

12. what about heather smalls!!!??? “what have you done today to make you feeeel proud!”

ps. I’m having a flouncy house cleany day with camp music XD

1. umm, not sure how my explamation and question marks turned into numbers..but..ok

2. Jock S. Trap 13 Apr 2011, 2:48pm

It’s good but in comparison not so good.