Donald Trump doesn’t ‘feel good’ about gay marriage

1. Just as well then. No man would marry him – he looks like Freddie Kruger

1. OutGuider 1 Apr 2011, 9:02pm

What an odd man. It’s weird how in Western Europe, no-one really opposed gay marriage/civil partnerships but in the US it’s ok for people to come out against it – even someone in the public eye who has a lot to lose. It’s a big shame.

1. Paddyswurds 2 Apr 2011, 11:20am

Ever since the Mayflower, America has been out of step with the free world with regard to human rights and everything eles really. The people who left the UK on the Mayflower were a crowd of whingers who couldn’t agree with anyone ther and their descendents are just as twisted. Reference “pastor” Jones in Florida who has the blood of 14 people on his bigoted hands this weekend. I hope he gets jail for the rest of his natural.
        As for Trump, Isn’t it ironic that his name rhymes with Chump. The man is a racist moron.

1. @Paddyswurds
          Whilst I think I agree with everything you say in that post, I suspect from my (limited) knowledge of US law and specifically Florida law that inciting actions in Afghanistan won’t be something that could be taken to court. Hopefully, there is some offence that they can use but I suspect hoping for the rest of his natural life in prison is highly unlikely.

2. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 4:50pm

Paddys…

I think he should be sent to Afghanistan for trial if he’s so happy to stir up syuch hatred.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 4:51pm

Correction

Such not syuch… Oo-er missus

2. Richard S. 2 Apr 2011, 5:42pm

A bit of a sweeping statement when you consider that, apart from Spain, the most influential European countries have not legalized same-sex marriage; moreover, that six states in the US have legalized it and several states which do not yet permit it nevertheless recognize such marriages legally (a little weird but a big step in the right direction). Same goes for you, Paddyswurds. As if.

2. Helen Wilson 1 Apr 2011, 4:19pm

I don’t feel good about Donald Trump!, maybe we should deny him and his businesses rights and access to the UK.

1. de Villiers 1 Apr 2011, 6:08pm

Why – will that help?

1. Helen Wilson 1 Apr 2011, 7:08pm

Because revenge is sweet! People like Trump don’t learn about discrimination unless they are on the receiving end themselves.

The same policy worked against apartheid era South Africa, I’m sure Trump would soon work out what’s best for business.

3. I don’t feel good about his silly hair and his hussy wife. You don’t see me complaining.

The happiness and equality of tens of thousands of people denied just because he doesn’t feel good about it. What kind of a reason is that?!

I hope his kid pushes him from that tower one day.

4. Ivana Trump 1 Apr 2011, 4:30pm

I don’t think much about Donalds right to marry either darlinks

Infact he is a sexist man that is only concerned wiz exploitation to make more money. I just wish he had spent more on wigs than vorrying about others

5. He won’t stand a chance of winning any election. He claims he’s an independent which is really code for republican, he’s a joke at best. What else can you expect from America turning out these right wing nutters over and over.

Helen, I agree, ban him from entering the UK if and when he ever comes here along with Rupert Murdoch, a peddlar of the right wing agenda and a homophobe.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:25am

Trump or Palin Against Obama… hmmm tricky one this….

Here’s hoping Obama gets another 4 years, he tends to leave the rest of us in the world alone. If Palin gets it say goodbye world, It’s been nice knowing ya.

1. Can we ban Palin from having the access codes if she gets into power, please!

1. Paddyswurds 2 Apr 2011, 11:24am

@ Stu …it is actually not that simple. The codes while always with the Pres., (that black briefcase the security dude carries all the time) he cant just fire off a nuke at will. There is a sh!t load of protocol and security to go through and he can be over ruled.

1. @Paddyswurds

lol

Whilst not aware of the full details I was aware there were checks and counter balances in place should a President, whoever he/she may be act in an inappropriate or unbalanced way.

On a serious note though, Trump or Palin would be a disaster both for US international relations and for the US domestically (how many will withdraw trade due to bigotry, how many will refuse to negotiate on things of US interest when they act as bullies in a variety of ways …).

6. His claim that he will stand is a PR stunt, nothing more. Just listening to his babbling on about “birther” nonsense says it is all a swindle (and let’s be honest, no WHITE president would face demands to show his birth certificate, we all know what “birther” actually means).

He wants a new TV contract and is blustering about in the media making a bloody fool of himself to try and secure one.

In other words, nothing to see here but a sad old tosser with a lousy combover.

1. Exactly. He is doing what is called “churning the account” among stockbrokers.

In Trump’s case, it amounts to vulgar grasping for publicity, for his own purposes, which are not political. Trump has never met a disingenuous ploy that he didn’t like; that he fans the flames on the right is not of consequence to him, so ethically bankrupt he is.

2. Paddyswurds 2 Apr 2011, 11:34am

These birthers are just outright racists under another name. When one runs for Pres. one has to go through rigorous security and health checks. Only the moronic racists on the far right of the Republiban Party would think that he got through without proving without doubt that he was American born, as one has to be to become President of the USA. Most of the Tea Party birther morons think the Earth is only 6 or 7 thousand years old ffs. Remember the idiot Christine O’Donnell …go on Youtube and listen to her….she makes Einstein look like a idiot savant. But scary as it is you’ll get a good belly laugh at her expense..

1. Paddyswurds 2 Apr 2011, 8:56pm

ooops…… “she makes Einstein look like an idiot savant…not”….. obv!!

7. Trump says “..we have other problems in this country”.

I say yes, he’s one of them.

1. I say Trump is an embarrassment

8. Donald Trump doesn’t ‘feel good’ about gay marriage

Then don’t have one then….prick!

9. I don’t feel good about:
    * Trumps views on gun control
    * Trumps allegations regarding Obama’s citizenship and suggestion Obama is Muslim
    * Trump’s hairstyle and skincare regime
    * Trump’s stance against supporting developing countries
    * Trumps extreme pro-life views

I’m sure he doesn’t care that I don’t feel good about them but nor do I care about his views on gay marriage – both of us are entitled to our views, both of us are entitled to equality – I’m happy he has rights to a lot of things – I’m not happy I don’t have the same rights

1. Mirrorball 1 Apr 2011, 8:18pm

Perfect post, Stu. Thank you.

1. That pretty much sums it up for me too.

2. Totally agree on that one.
      God forbid if this complete balloon makes it to the White House.

10. Ian Bower 1 Apr 2011, 4:53pm

Vile man.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:25am

Innit!!

11. It is beyond me how anybody could be against equality in any form :(

1. I’m with you on that, Oli

However, unfortunately there are many that are against equality in some (or all) forms – even more worrying is that some of them do not even see or comprehend that their views and actions are discriminatory

1. Paddyswurds 2 Apr 2011, 11:38am

@Stu ….he is also trying to turn a wilderness sand dune area in Scotland into a golf course fo millionaires , while riding rough shod over the wishes of the locals.

1. @Paddyswurds

I have mixed feelings about the development in Scotland. 99% of me is with the locals – they know better than most how the planning processes have been undermined both directly and by other underhand tactics by Trump or those perceived to have his involvement. They know the importance of the site.
          I think I am more uncomfortable because it is Trump coming and trying to ride roughshod over locals views and local policies and legislation. If it was someone who was a businessperson in the local area it wouldn’t seem quite so callous.
          My very slight hesitation is the benefit it could have to the economy in terms of jobs, tourists and investment at this difficult economic time.

1. Galadriel1010 4 Apr 2011, 3:33pm

The economic benefit to the local area would probably be very small, unfortunately. Guests would stay at the golf course and would be unlikely to leave to visit the surrounding area, and taxes would be taken overseas. The only benefits it will bring to the area are in employment, which will likely be limited to less skilled jobs for locals and imported higher skilled workers (cleaning, waiting and reception staff probably local, managers probably not), and to local farms who supply the kitchens.

2. @Galadriel1010

I do agree there would be limits on economic benefits, which is partly the reason for my hesitation – if there had been vast economic benefits – at this moment in time, given the economic situation I might have said – hell, yes build your course …

I think you underestimate the benefits …

There will be benefits in terms of supplier – local farms, those contracting eg laundry, supply of goods eg wines, whiskys, newspapers, etc on an ongoing basis … initial delivery of furnishings etc … construction work … income from tourists attracted to watch events … the similar scale golf centre near me, has attacted a lot of day visitors …

But the environmental impact is massive

The economic impact is not huge in terms of benefit ..

2. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 10:41am

Note Oli that the like of this man agrees with the Equality of people paying Taxes, therefore they are hypocrites. No doubt he’ll want the votes too.

1. He’ll want votes, he’ll want taxes, he’ll want support for his policies and yet he won’t want equality or fairness

But with various types of bigotry flowing through his veins – what can we expect but an anticipation from him that all will kow tow to him and meekly follow – I’m afraid he’s sadly mistaken (perhaps that should have been sad and mistaken)

12. He doesn’t approve of it because he doesn’t feel good about it. A sterling contribution to the quality of political discourse.

1. He’ll make the perfect american president then.

13. Well that’s exactly the kind of soundbite I’d expect from a man with a surname used in playgrounds to refer to breaking wind.
    I believe the Scots don’t ‘feel good’ about his golf course either, but if he didn’t take their views into account why should we treat his views with any reverence?
    If he doesn’t like gay marriage, he should try not marrying other guys. How’s that for a mutually acceptable solution?

1. Works for me …

14. If he needs to be featured at all, it’s appropriate that this fool is featured on April Fool’s Day.

15. Catherine 1 Apr 2011, 6:18pm

so, he can have 3 marriages but doesn’t want me to have one? jerk

1. Good point… he can hardly trot out the usual “Gay marriage devalues the institution of marriage” line after two divorces. That’s all his own doing.

2. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:26am

Well put Catherine.

16. Ah! Proof positive there’s no corelation between wealth and common sense, never mind wisdom!!!
    Never trust an idiot who uses combover!! Imagine a President who has to turn his back on the nation as he addresses them …. because the wind is in the wrong direction!!!!

17. Well I don’t feel good about Donald Trump’s hair.

He’s a moron.

And how many times has this self-described ‘billionaire’ been declared bankrupt.

18. Nikki Hatch 1 Apr 2011, 7:02pm

Well, it’s obvious that Donald Trump was a homophobic a..hole after his ridiculous rant with Rosie O’Donnell. Who is he to talk about marriage when he’s had 2 failed and probably another in the works? What an egotistical ass. I think he’s playing to what he feels is the majority attitude in America to win popularity and increase his wealth.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:28am

Yeah and then he’s the type of person that then suggests the LGBT don’t have long relationships.

He’s nothing but a big ‘ol hypocrite.

19. How many times has this prick been married??

20. andy wolod 1 Apr 2011, 7:27pm

Well he doesn’t have to go through with it! All brides-to-be get second thoughts

21. Ivana Trump 1 Apr 2011, 7:58pm

By the looks of it he’ll be dead of old age soon, so it doesn’t really matter what he thinks.

22. I’d like to know how gays marrying in five states and ten countries have affected his or anybody else’s marriage. They have no factual evidence to support it and I bet if right wing nutters in America asked the ten governrments that allow us to marry if they can produce the statistical evidence for these halfwits, the answer would be a resounding big fat zero.

Helen, I endorse that. If anyone is threatening marriage, its the likes of him and other philandering, adulterous straights. They’ve been doing it since time immemorial before same-sex marriage was a beep on the radar. Look at Elizabeth Taylor, 8 marriages, some of them adulterous.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:30am

Exactly. What makes them so interested in other people’s marriage? He can’t keep his own going.

Yet again, these people insist on only looking at How LGBT people are, our marriage or sex…

What is wrong with this people?

They don’t do it to other heteros so why the obsession with homos?

23. saynotommmmm 1 Apr 2011, 8:36pm

what pisses me off when people say no to civil rights to gay people is they never seem to take into account that gay people pay the same dues and taxes. So we are expected to pay the same for less. If you denigh civil rights Donny boy what about adjusting the tax system to take this into account.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:31am

Totally agree with. It seems our money if never questioned…

24. I agree with Helen. Trump won’t ‘change’ his views unless there’s a financial backlash.

1. The sad thing is that his previous bankruptcies suggest to me that even if he faces financial backlash he will just wind up that part of his empire and restart a new operation … He needs to be dealt with for his heinous views – both challenged, condemned and where appropriate held to legal sanction – AS WELL AS face a financial backlash

25. Edwin in Colorado 1 Apr 2011, 10:19pm

All the men thinking about running for president in 2012 are a bunch of homophobes. They are all against any thing for LGBT people.
    Colorado republicans just voted down cival Unions here.
    All a bunch of a**holes.

26. Nothing redefines and undermines the institution of marriage and family than heterosexual divorce. (Divorce = state approved unrepentantly sinful adultery – as condemned as numerous occassions in the Bible).

And Mr Trump has divorced THREE times!!!!!!! And he has a problem with gay marriage. Typical hypocracy from a right-wing American.

But I guess homophobia is considered a vote winner in the USA. What a deeply unpleasant country it is.

27. I do not feel good about you Donald.

28. What else would you think he would say as a Republican who has a ton of money and is opposed to true equality in the US. He is a buffoon with a horrible haircut and sadly people here in the states will vote for him if he runs cause they don’t think.

29. Greed, as usual. He’s had three marriages, and most of us haven’t even had one. Nothing but greed.

30. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 7:20am

“I’m against it,” Trump said. “I just don’t feel good about it, I don’t feel right about it. I’m against it.”

So don’t marry a man then, Mr Trump.

It’s simple but you don’t have the right to stop others celebrating their love and relationships.

These people only think of themselves. They don’t want LGBT people having anything to do with marriage because they don’t want to think that LGBT people as being just like everyone else, stable and settled. They want to continue with their seedy image of what they think and assume all LGBT are like.

Take away the labels and what do you get? People just like him, oh without the bigotry and discrimination.

It should Never be a choice for them. It should be a choice for Every consenting adult.

Seriously are they that unstable they can’t think of how positive it would be. They have to think how it affects them.

But in all seriousness, How does it?

Enough already!

1. Absolutely!

He has already shown what a bigoted and vile man he is in other areas – such as the twisted language he has used suggesting Obama is Muslim and demanding to personally see Obama’s birth certificate … I can’t quite decide if he is paranoid or vindictive or both.

On the specific issue of same sex marriage, I can’t change how comfortable or good he feels about it (unless he is prepared to see if talking about it would be helpful – but usually it requires an open mind and willingness to see things from an alternate perspective, which he shows no signs of having). However, his feelings should have no impact on the rights of others to be able to celebrate their loves for their partner, to have equal status as Trump has had in his marriages (although hopefully some same sex marriages will be more successful!) or to share the same benefits that he gains from being married.

Fairness doesn’t stop something just because some people dont like it!

2. Donald Trump is a one man argument against plutocracy. I would say meritocracy, but I’m having difficulty figuring out what his merits are, apart from turning Scotland into a golf course and preventing other people he’s never met from getting married.
      The only good thing about Trump having a golf course in the Hebrides is that there’s always a gale blowing to mess up his stupid combover.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 10:44am

I just think he’s a whole load of crazy.

31. “Donald Trump doesn’t ‘feel good’ about gay marriage.”

Like we care.

1. Jock S. Trap 2 Apr 2011, 4:52pm

Yep, like that. Short and to the point!

32. Richard S. 2 Apr 2011, 5:30pm

Nauseating. As far as him losing face over this, I suspect the people who will be offended by his statements already thought he was a lumpy sack of offal. It’s the right wing types who wrote him off due to his marriage “history” (among other things) whose attitude toward him will change thanks to this that represent perhaps the most important, negative result of his declarations. It always bothers me that people like Trump believe their personal feelings should dictate the policies of an entire nation, particularly so when the nation in question is a democracy which proudly declares its belief in equal rights, freedoms and so forth.

33. Thrice married fcukwit with a comb-over doesn’t feel good about marriage equality…Doh!

34. riotgrrrl 2 Apr 2011, 7:57pm

doesn’t feel good about comb overs

1. In the context of this report I feel far better about a comb over (huge fashion disaster!) than its owner Mr Trump. The comb over has more sense, more compassion and more style (worrying really)

35. It’s only his opinion. I have my opinion on him. So what? President of the USA? Why not if elected. Let’s not pretend he is to important. He is just rich. Bless and bliss of ignorance.

36. jonnielondon 2 Apr 2011, 8:35pm

If mr. trump is against gay marriage then he doesn’t have to get one, but don’t stop others from getting one, just as i won’t stop him from getting a straight one. His view tells me he still thinks that LGBT people are second class citizens. And yes he’s right, being from nyc and espousing this opninion really makes one wonder how out of step he is with the population. One has to wonder what else he is out of step with!

1. Jock S. Trap 3 Apr 2011, 7:22am

Yep, all Donald Trump is doing is making statement on assumption about what he thinks about the LGBT community not Facts!

37. jaidersblues 3 Apr 2011, 5:12am

Who cares what that D***head thinks??

38. Yes the USA is having many problems. Problems of finding money to bombard innocent people by warfare. Problems of financing internal mafia.

Aren’t human rights a problem? Aren’t Gay Rights a problem? MR TRUMP, IF YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS, YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN POLITICS AT ALL. WHAT DO THE GAY REPUBLICANS SAY ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE TRULY A BLINDED MILLION

39. Sir Andrew 3 Apr 2011, 7:58pm

And I don’t feel good about him being President. Nor do I feel good about his pending application to join the human race.

40. And I don’t ‘feel good’ about your stupid face, but you wouldn’t catch me opposing your rights because of it.

41. you think money is all. you bully those in aberdeeshire who stand up to you. you are a disgusting peace of rotten lettuce to put it nicely….your day will come mr…….. the dog always gets it’s day….
    Gay marriage doe snt feel good. oe blow it out you ass

42. Hahahahahahahahahah!! So?

43. He reminds me of Michael Caine in the Muppet Christmas Carol. Maybe he should be haunted by three spirits (or fairies) and thereby become a faaaaaabulous drag queen and change his mind. Someone should make that sketch; it’d be hilarious.

44. there will be a day the world leans to the left and greedy fat right wing cattle like this subject will be long gone.

1. Jock S. Trap 4 Apr 2011, 11:49am

One can only hope.

2. I would like to think so, Will

Not sure we will ever lost the human emotion of greed

45. Richard S…the right wing wrote him off because of his marital problems? What about Newt Gingrich who plans on running? He’s just as bad as Trump, a serial philanderer and marriage wrecker, married three times already. To make matters worse, he converts to catholicism. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

1. @Robert

Absolutely and what about Sarah Palins family too …

1. if you looked then every homophobe in the public eye is a hypocrite anyway and a liar etc

46. Interesting story on potential republican candidates on BBC News website:

A few comments on some of those candidates:
    Mitt Romney – Marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman. (Jan 2007)
    Opposed gay marriage but played fair and upheld law. (Apr 2006)
    Put gay marriage ban into GOP party platform. (Nov 2005)

Tim Pawlenty -Supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage

Mike Huckabee – Opposes hate crime legislation including LGBT equality. Opposes gay marriage. Supports ban on gay people serving in military.

Newt Gingrich – “I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion.”

Haley Barbour – Promises to reinstate DADT if elected

Great choice!

1. Galadriel1010 4 Apr 2011, 3:41pm

And the really worrying thing is that some people will vote for them. Hopefully they’ll fight amongst themselves and implode.

47. Galadriel1010 4 Apr 2011, 3:41pm

How can some Americans believe that good things happen to good people when there’s hateful billionaires like him? He’s a prime example of good things happening to bad people.

48. Somebody buy that man a ruddy decent hairpiece! Hell,with his billions,you’d think he’d sort it out himself! And whether he’s running for candicy to the republican party or not,who actually gives a feck what he believes?! There are way more harmful republicans already than this muppet!

49. Yes,I know,crap spelling,lol,I meant,of course,candidacy!

50. Tom Stoppard 4 Apr 2011, 8:48pm

Muck with money

51. Well I ‘don’t feel good’ about Donald Trump’s pervasive toupe but I have to look at it nearly every day on some form of media.

And who the hell has put this niblet in charge anyway? Since when was he speaking for all? Who is he and why is he sudenly in my face? He was married to the silly lady with a mountain of fur coats and now he wants to run for Pres he thinks his toupe has top billing? I don’t think so pal, and take your golf-courses elsewhere too.

52. Don Harrison 11 Jul 2011, 5:38pm