Apple removes ‘gay cure’ iPhone app

1. Too late for me I’m still going for the HTC desire

Thanks Will xx

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 10:30am

Me too!!

1. You boys won’t regret it, I simply love the phone!

1. Although, I would wait until the Desire S comes out (if its not already available in the UK). I should be running the latest android release (2.3) and will probably be updated to 3.0. Looks like a sweet phone….

1. I’ll wait wil it be on 3? I like the unlimited data plan

2. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 10:30am

Personally I think they took too long to act on this which makes me wonder where their loyalties lay.

I shall never buy their profucts now.

1. Personally I think it took too long – although there is a response which they can give which I would accept – but they have to give a public response first … Even if they give the sort of response that I would endorse, they have still been slow, demonstrated poor public relations and alienated a significant proportion of their customer base – that requires apology and reparation …

Its alarming that they do not recognise the value of the Apple brand in the LGBT communities and that by damaging their relationship with the communities is not good business sense …

I hope given that they gave the app an unoffensive rating and that they had a similar incident in late 2010 that they have reviewed the criteria upon which they evaluate apps …

2. me too I resisted buting a nano and had to rebuy most of my music from Amazon. Apple hate their customers

1. Jock S. Trap 1 Apr 2011, 12:20pm

Yep, clearly!

3. Guglielmo Marinaro 23 Mar 2011, 10:35am

Just as well. At least it reduces the chances of young naive gays struggling to accept their natural sexuality being led astray by the “ex-gay” fraud.

4. In the interests of free expression I would have preferred they kept it on, but with a strong healrh warning – something like “Use of this application is likely to result in needless suicide or a totally fcuked up head for life”.

5. It’s all very well having Apple remove these apps. What they need to do is screen their apps more carefully and not release such offensive apps in the first place!

1. Absolutely!

6. There is absolutely no point in trying to argue with the seriously mentally ill as Lu clearly is. It is not possible to argue rationally with the irrational, and the seriously mentally ill are irrational. Just ignore those, like Lu, who are mad!

1. Best not to comment or respond in any way. He is setting bait for you all.

7. “The group claims that people can find “freedom from homosexuality” through prayer ”

Maybe they are right? Their praying would certainly have kept them free of this homosexual.

1. noce one

2. Nice one

8. Christian wingnuts lose again.

9. LU, the day that Exodus can cure a man of his straight orientation, then maybe, just maybe I’ll believe they can “cure” a gay man. You’re an idiot, get a life instead of wasting your precious time trolling gay websites to get your jollies, stupid bitch! The American Psychological Association, The American Psychiatric Association and The American Medical Association have all condemned Exodus as a dangerous organisation that has damaged so many young lives, some leading to suicide, no thanks to self-loathing religious scum like you supporting them.

Exodus has not produced one controlled study, nor has it had any of its work published in any of the legitimate medical and scientific literature. Try as we might, we can’t even pray away the likes of you.

10. westcoastkid 23 Mar 2011, 12:54pm

why do you people respond to the troll known as lu… ignore the idiot and he will go away… back to reading the book of mormons and listening to fux news.

STOP RESPONDING TO LU

1. Hopefully he will go away in police handcuffs after some of his recent comments

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:25pm

or a straight jacket!!!

2. I would normally agree but were having so much fun tearing it apart. how often do you see the comment unsheathed member LOL t

1. Unusual for a forum such as Pinkpages to take such direct action – and usually I wouldnt agree with it, but I think on this occasion is totally justified ….

11. Hooray all LU comments have gone but it make me look like a nutter with random insults all over the place

1. *Like*

Bye, bye LU…. the hospital ward must have replaced his laptop with a crayon. I miss the days when all inmates did was scrawl on the wall of their cell, rather then bore us all silly with obsessive talk of “members”. I suspect LU was Skinner anyway, they both had a crazy obsession with male genitalia…. they has penises on their mind so much one would assume their was a dick rammed in their ears permanently.

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:27pm

I can see it now, that Bible on top of a makeshift table completely made up from back issues of ‘Inches’ magazine.

Oh Saucy!!

1. Did someone finally flush the LU? Good… there’s only so much crap I can take in one sitting.

1. Jock S. Trap 1 Apr 2011, 12:22pm

Yes and I hope they washed bleach down after flushing. Those kinda germs stay and multiply.

12. I look like a nutter without LU comments

1. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:29pm

No more than usual, sweetie!!

Least you don’t look like a c- nut!!

:o))

1. Moooo

I was thinking the same lol

2. Jock S. Trap 1 Apr 2011, 12:23pm

Oh James! you are awful…

…But I like you!

13. ooer missus 23 Mar 2011, 4:48pm

If Exodus is misrep’ing that scientist’s research, then it, and its app, may be thought fraudulent, so maybe thats why it’s been deleted.

14. ooer missus 23 Mar 2011, 5:21pm

This is what Exodus says about it on its website :
    “Apple Suppresses Diversity by Pulling iPhone Application
    Apple removed an application submitted by Exodus International, a global Christian ministry helping those struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction to live a life congruent with biblical teaching. Apple told the ministry’s web developer that they deemed the app “offensive to large groups of people” and removed it. Exodus is encouraging people to contact Apple and ask them to recognize the diversity of beliefs within its customer base.”

15. Christians must be horrible parents. Their inability to accept who their children are make them unfit for parenting. Can we pass a law that all children born to christian parents must be aborted? That would make the planet a much better place.

16. Gay cure is really deprogramming, if you have been a victim call the police and report it and get a lawyer and sue. You have rights and if you stand up for them you can help save the lives of other gay people who might be harmed by these deprogrammers.

17. I take it you don’t like gay people then LU? The feeling’s mutual.

18. your mother sucks cocks in hell

19. He is a troll and this is just ego m@sturbation for him because mummy didn’t pay him enough attention as a child. Ignore it and it will go away.

Or point and laugh. That works too.

20. You agree that your mum sucks satans cock. finally some truth from LU(natic)

21. I went for HIV screening recently – negative

I spoke to a number of gay and straight friends who also went for screening in the last six months … gay HIV positive 2 out of 9 and straight who were HIV positive 4 out of 7.

Whilst there is an increase in HIV amongst the LGBT community, there is also a very significant increase amongst heterosexuals …

This evidences the lie that HIV is a gay disease … and demonstrates the hatred and lamentable nature of your evil driven tirades

Also demonstrates that not everyone who is LGBT will go on to contract HIV – but if they do, then there are amazing treatment regimes made by scientists (that you could argue have God given gifts of intelligence) that mean HIV is unlikely to be an age limiting condition

At least if you are going to speak with hatred – try and be intelligent and do it with some verifiable facts …

22. Poor LU.

23. yes it will be as short as your penis

24. You’re too weird

“Overconfidence and complete lack of self control”

so you have homosexual urges but you have self control to manage those urges you big old poofter

25. But those cocks are clean

so clean cocks are ok. I dread to think how you’d define a clean cock. Are you a preist?

26. Fine you want to play

“LU 23 hours ago Reported – thanks. Reply
    The killer was doing Gods Work”

I’m going to the police with this one

27. Re your comments about LUs comments – I have already been in contact with Lothian & Borders police and they are looking into these comments

I hope they are looking into all aspects – including their potential relevance to a homicide investigation and whether they warrant prosecution for inciting hatred

28. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:30pm

Yep Eggs would be a bit too hard boiled in hell.

29. Jock S. Trap 1 Apr 2011, 12:23pm

Not Eggs then?

30. My previous comment directed at LU

31. And also lesbians have the lowest risk of HIV of anyone. I always find it funny that people who relate the risk of HIV with LGBT people forget that not all gay people are male.

32. Given the comment was deleted by PN, it must have been LU looking to masquerade under another name. Desperate to get his hate across to the masses, bless.

33. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:32pm

Oo-er that was in response to James!’s comment on mother sucking blah blah in hell.

Damn message board. Take away a few nutjob messages and your left with… oh hobnobs!!

34. Jock S. Trap 23 Mar 2011, 4:33pm

This message board is all *ucked up.

35. But we all know what we were responding to lol